The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Once upon a time in China

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-22, 11:20 pm

Goki threw his head back and screamed as his flesh was scared with the sacred seal. He seemed to take all the energy into himself. Not just his body. He thrashed around with great strength and power. Eventually that subsided. The brand on his chest glowed with not only the power put into it by the man above him but those connected with his soul. He looked at the scar then to Ukitake "I need a vacation." His head dropped.

Goki felt the burning in his chest and almost lost his concentration. Then he threw his arms back and from his chest a strange seal appeared. All the energy in the room seemed to coalesce into him and then shoot out towards the Orochi. As it slammed into the creature it washed over it like a flood of energy. Then the energy was pulled towards Goki. Then into him. He looked to Jun, Halima, Talbaza and Cassie. Giving a slight smile he faded from the blackness.

Goki's eyes snapped open and again he screamed. This time it was his own voice. He reached to his chest and screamed again. Then he lay back. "Ow... Does anyone have any apple juice?" He gave Ukitake the thumbs up. He was back in his own body again. He felt like a building had been dropped on him. He mentioned that. "I feel like a building has been dropped on me."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-22, 11:36 pm

Ukitake let out a soft breath. "Well, the force could be equivalent, I'm fairly strong. I held back as much as I could, but I would not be surprised if you had a few broken ribs. Unfortunately, my healing ability is far less effective on flesh than it is on the soul. I-" Ukitake halted, then turned away and brought a hand to his mouth as he began to violently cough. Rukia rushed over upon seeing this.

"Captain!" She dropped down next to him, pulling his hand away from his mouth to see the blood there. "Captain, we need to get you to the Twelth, you exerted yourself too much..."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-22, 11:53 pm

Goki still laying on the ground held up an arm. "That would be my fault." He let his hand drop. "I would like to point out that my cousin who is attending Tokyo University is a great healer. She is a natural at it. Mind, body and soul. I plan on paying her a visit soon." He then sat up. Wincing in pain he looked to Ukitake. "Yup four." He thought about it for a moment. "Worth it." Clearing his throat "Are you going to be alright?" he held up his hand giving a puzzled look then he quickly turned his head opened his mouth and vomited. It was mostly blood with bits of apple. He did have a lot of damage done to him. He would heal quickly because of the Oni power. However there was still that transition.

Goki looked back to Ukitake, "Looks like i'm not the only one who needs a vacation."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-23, 12:00 am

Ukitake came out of his coughing fit, taking a few deep breaths. "An old condition, it gets to me sometimes... I'll be fine once Captain Unohana is done with me. Rukia can give you some minor healing, and help you get somewhere quickly if need be... but first I must ask, young man... how did you come to have the Orochi, of all things, in your body?" When he'd placed the seal, he'd seen exactly what they were dealing with.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-24, 6:10 pm

Goki thought about it for a moment. This was done while he was under the influence of the Oni. While he still had full use of his facilities he was power hungry. "Well, at the time I was a bit power hungry. Since I was able to harness and control the Oni Spirit it saw me as a viable host. I wanted power, it needed a body. It seemed like a win, win. I fought against the Orochi's control for the better part of a year. Then suddenly it overpowered me in a moment of weakness." He took a breath. Winced and continued. "It needed me for something very important. While I only remember bits and pieces. I have seen flashes of Zodiac symbols. It seemed both afraid and..." The words escaped him for a moment. "Elated. I believe the words is. It was excited to fight something that could potentially destroy everything." He shrugged and again winced. "That is just my understanding of it."

At this point a what looked like a rented truck pulled up and a 12 year old girl jumped out. "Goki!!!" She shouted and ran to his side. "Goki are you okay?" She skidded to a stop pausing long enough to look at the damage around him. "Wow." Then her attention returned to him. She knelt at his side noticing him holding his side. "Goki, are you hurt?" Leung also came over. He recognized the other man next to Goki. Not personally but he knew what he was. "Leung Shen, Hong Kong Inspector. Retired. What's the situation?" He asked Ukitake. "Do you need medical support?" 

Goki shook his head. "No, I am. I am fine now. Thanks to this man." He looked to Mei Chi. "Really, I am fine. I just need some rest now." He gave a weak smile. "Thank you." Mei Chi moved a bit closer and gave him a gentile hug. "I was scared." Goki not used to such contact stiffened a bit and then relaxed slightly. "I was too." Leung held up a hand. "I think it would be best to discuss this some place else. We should go."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-24, 6:56 pm

Ukitake pushed himself to his feet, nodding to Goki, Mei Chi, and Leung. He had stiffened when Goki had mentioned 'Zodiac'. "My Lieutenent will remain to answer any questions you have about the situation that occurred. I must return and report to the Head Captain, as well as visit Unohana for treatment of my... condition. Rukia, you have my blessing to act in my stead and use your best judgement in answering their questions. All of you, I leave you with my best wishes." Ukitake opened a Senkaimon, stepping through the portal quickly before it closed behind him. Once he was gone, Rukia walked over, and actually gently helped Goki to his feet. Short as she was, she was quite strong.

"Lead the way, Inspector."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-24, 11:32 pm

Leung led them back to the truck. He looked to Rukia "If you would ride up front with me. We have some things to talk about. Mei Chi will ride back with Goki." There was padding in the bed of the truck so Goki would be able to lay comfortably. Mei Chi helped Goki in the back and sat with him.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-24, 11:50 pm

Rukia paused, then nodded. "Alright." She could have just ridden on top of the truck, or followed on foot, but she figured she might as well ride, they may want to talk then. She climbed into the truck, making herself comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-25, 12:01 am

Leung started the truck and started out. "What exactly happened out there? I need to give the Hong Kong police something if I'm gonna smooth this over. This isn't gonna be easy."

Mei Chi moved closer to Goki making sure he was comfortable. "Are you okay Goki?" Goki in turn checked himself and nodded "Yes, I believe so." She nodded and the lashed out and slapped him. "Who dare you!?" She was crying. "I was so worried! I just got a big brother and then I almost lost him!" She sniffed and wiped her nose. "Don't do that again you big dummy." She turned away from him. "Dummy." 

The sting in Goki's cheek faded. "Mei Chi... I... I am sorry. I do not know what else to say." He reached out to her and then retracted his hand. Suddenly Mei Chi turned to him and buried her face in his chest. He winced a bit and the noticed she was sobbing. "Dummy." came a whimper. He wrapped his arm around her.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-25, 12:15 am

Rukia nodded slightly. "I can only give our side. Our research division picked up a signal. An extremely dark energy spike, one that was incredibly powerful, and a threat to the living and spiritual world. Myself and Captain Ukitake encountered Goki, under the control of... well, the Orochi. An ancient god of incredible power. Captain Ukitake prepared to fight him, but Goki regained control long enough to tell the Captain how he could help seal the Orochi. It seemed others were helping him from his mindscape or Inner World, I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-25, 2:18 pm

Leung shook his head "I'm afraid we don't know much about the young man himself. He only came to us a few days ago. However my granddaughter has taking a liking to him. If you have kids at all you know it's not a good idea to take away something that's very important to them." He got on the highway and continued to the outskirts of Hong Kong. "I however did have some... friends do some research into him. He's a Japanese national, 16 years old. His academic scores are off the chart. However some time ago he was involved in a murder investigation. His father a notorious street fighter was killed. Then he simply vanished. His only living relative is a cousin Jun Long, Japanese 22 years old and a collage student at Tokyo University. That's all i know about the kid. But this power he displays, I've never seen anything like it."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-25, 2:29 pm

Rukia frowned a bit. "I admit, I don't know much. Personally, I was out of touch with the Living World until recently. The Captains would know more than me. The fact that he's attracted the attention of something like the Orochi though... and he mentioned something about Zodiac symbols, and Captain Ukitake seemed disturbed by that..."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-25, 2:52 pm

Leung again shook his head. "I don't know anything about that. However it does seem that this boy is a high profile target. I'll see about getting in contact with his cousin. I'll go from there." He looked to Rukia "So, how long are you going to be with us?"

Goki continued to hold Mei Chi until she calmed down. He noticed her breathing had slowed and the sobs had stopped. Looking down he discovered that she had fallen asleep. He didn't know how he felt about this. It had been a very long time since his emotions had been his own. This was going to take some time to rediscover who he was and who he is now.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-25, 2:54 pm

Rukia shook her head slightly. "Not long. I merely intended to answer your questions, and ensure that Goki got to a safe place and was getting medical attention, then I would return to Soul Society."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-25, 3:05 pm

Leung seemed a bit disheartened by this but nodded. "Well we're going back to my farm outside the city. He'll be able to rest there. I can look after his wounds. However if he's a concern to the Soul Society then maybe it would be prudent to have one stationed here to help look after him. Make sure no other... incidents happen. I'm not equipped to deal with demon gods." He chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-25, 3:19 pm

Rukia though about it. "Maybe. I can pass the idea along, see what they say. Other than that, there isn't much I can do. Soul Society generally avoids medling in the affairs of the living, but we will at least keep an eye on the situation."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-25, 3:23 pm

Leung nodded. "Well I guess that's that. Is there anything else I need to know or do you need me to drop you anywhere?" he was a little disappointed but he would figure something out.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-25, 3:24 pm

Rukia just shook her head. "No. Like I said, I'll stay until Goki is secure and getting medical attention, then I will report back. You can expect a visit from a member of Soul Society within a few days with an update though."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-25, 3:36 pm

Leung nodded and continued driving. "Better than nothing." He said with a sly smile. Soon the group had made it to his farm. Leung brought the truck close to the house and parked it. Then he helped Goki into the living room. Goki was carrying Mei Chi. He seemed to look a bit better. "You doing alright son?"

Goki gave a nod. "Yes, my ribs are healing. Another few hours and they will be good enough to make use of myself." Goki lay Mei Chi on the couch and sat in a chair. Looking to Rukia he nodded "Thank you for your assistance."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-25, 4:38 pm

Rukia nodded to Goki. "Of course. If you have no more need of my assistance, I will be going. It was nice to meet you all, even if under unfavorable circumstances"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-27, 12:43 am

Goki tried to manage a small bow from his seated position and winced "Arigatogozaimashita, Rukia." He leaned back and closed his eyes. Mei Chi walked over to Rukia and gave her a hug. "Thank you for helping being gege (brother)." She let Rukia go and went to the kitchen to get Goki some water. She popped back in and sat next to him handing him the glass.

Leung nodded. "Yes thank you for your help and the information. I'll walk you out." He made for the door.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-27, 12:51 am

Rukia followed, mildly uncomfortable with having been hugged. It was appreciated, but she was unused to such displays of affection. "I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help at this time, Inspector."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-27, 1:20 am

Leung shook his head. "No, no, think nothing of it. You've been a great help. You and your colleges." He looked back at the house. "That little girl in there is everything to me. She doesn't see her mother much and kind of has attachment issues however seeing her happy is very important. You gave that back to her. That means something. What you do is important. Weather people here see it or not." He turned to her and bowed. "Thank you."

Goki took the water and sipped it. He looked to Mei Chi and was a little puzzled as to why these two would go through so much trouble for him. He was still a potential danger to them both. However for now he would just have to be content. Answers would come later. Mei Chi was was staring at him intently. This made him uncomfortable. "Um..." She leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. Then bolted upstairs. She paused at the landing. "I'm glad you're okay Goki." She said and then vanished up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-27, 1:25 am

Rukia smiled, and gave a small bow of her own. "Good night, Inspector. Someone will be in contact. Thank you for your hospitality." With that, she opened a Senkaimon, disappearing into it.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty2017-02-27, 1:45 am

Leung after a bit walked back into the house. He sat down across from Goki. "We need to talk." Goki looked to Leung. "Yes? What would you like to discuss?" The older man leaned forward and rested his arms on his knees. "First off, I know who you are. What I don't know is what your intentions are. Are you here to cause trouble or are your intentions innocent?" He shifted a bit. Getting into inspector mode. He pointed up stairs "That little girl is the reason you're still here. If I were to send you away or arrest you that would break her heart. She's been through enough that she doesn't deserve that." He looked again to Goki. "So I ask you, what are your intentions?"

Goki thought about it a bit again a little uncomfortable with the entire situation. "I do not know what my future holds. I do know it is now forever tied to the Orichi sealed within me. I am not focused on the events of the future. My intentions for the present however are to rest and recover. I do know that I am grateful for your hospitality and will aid this household in whatever manner I can."

Leung was silent for a long while. Then he slowly nodded. "Good answer." He stood and headed for the stairs. He paused "Get some rest, we'll have a lot more to talk about tomorrow. Plus, Mei Chi's birthday is coming up. You're close to her age so I'm gonna need your help." He chuckled and went up stairs leaving Goki with his thoughts. He shook his head. "What do I know about girls?" He moved to the couch and lay down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Once upon a time in China
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next