The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Once upon a time in China

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

Once upon a time in China Empty
PostSubject: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-10, 6:00 pm

Mei Chi Lin-Fu Shen sat on top of her grand fathers cabin. She liked visiting him. Since her father died Grandpa Shen was the only male role model she's had. He was a kind man, a retired Hong Kong inspector. Mei Chi stayed with him when her mom was out of town. Her mother was a flight attendant for major airline.

Mei Chi watched the skyline. A 12 year old there were other things she could do to occupy her time however she loved looking at the stars. It made her think of her father. She watched the stars as they sparkled. She watched the shooting stars. She spotted one and her eyes grew wide. She quickly closed them and held her breath. *Yee, uhr, shan, suh, woo, lyo, chee, bah, jyo, shi!* she counted in Chinese for luck.

She cracked open one eye looking for the shooting star. It was gone. She clapped her hands. A door opened, and an elderly man walked out. "Mei Chi, time to come in."

She frowned "Awww.... Yeye, (Chinese for Grandfather) Can't I stay out for five more minutes?" The old man chuckled. "Okay, five more minutes. Then it's bed time." He said and walked back in.

Mei Chi clapped her hands and looked back to the stars. "You sure don't see stars like this in the city." She spotted another shooting star and closed her eyes again. She held her breath and counted to ten again. When she finished she cracked open one eye and spotted the shooting star. She closed her eyes again, counted and peeked again. Again she spotted the star. Only this time it was closer.

Mei Chi stood and looked closer. It wasn't a shooting star. But it was coming in fast. Mei Chi dived to the roof top as it passed over head only a dozen feet from her. The windows shook from the objects passing. Mei Chi looked up and watched it impact some distance from the house. Her grand father came out. "What the hell!?"

Mei Chi leaped down from the roof into his arms. "Yeye, did you see that?" She turned and grabbed the flashlight out of his hand. She wriggled free and took off after the object. Her grand father followed.

Some distance away the Orochi stood from its smoldering crater. "Ahhhhh..... the only way to travel." It said as it dusted off its new body. "I'm out of practice. I missed that girl on the roof." Pulling back the hood the creature started walking towards the house. Then suddenly it grabbed its head. "What!? No... It's mine... now... you can't... have it!" Then the pain stopped.

It dropped to its knees. "Ngnahh!! There we go... He's getting weaker." The Orochi stood to its feet. Though a bit shaky. There was noise ahead. Two people came running up. One held a flashlight and the other... "Another lantern I suppose." Orochi muttered. "Gaze upon the form of Orochi you mortals." it stood to its full height. Power began to swirl around it.

The old man pointed his lantern at the Orochi. "You dare threaten the mighty Orochi with a Lantern!? I'll K-" He was cut of as his body began to twitch and spasm. The "flashlight" the man was holding was a military grade tazer. The Orochi fell to the ground unconscious. His eyes fluttered open. "Thank you." And then he was out.

Leung Shen looked at the younger man on the ground. "Mei Chi go back to the house and get the wheel barrow. I don't think this poor boy is all there." He said and Mei Chi jogged off. *WOW, this is like something out of a Japanese anime!!* she thought as she opened the storage shed. She pulled out an old wooden wheel barrow and brought it back to her grandfather.

Between the two of them they got the boy loaded in and brought back to the cabin. There he lay on the couch. *Wow, he's cute too.* She thought and her cheeks blushed. Her grandfather didn't notice, or if he did he ignored it.

"He's burning up. Get me a cold wash cloth. We need to cool him down." He started to pull off the sweater and t-shirt he was wearing. The first thing he noticed was a scar. It was large covering a quarter of his left chest and shoulder. It looked like Japanese Kanji. Mei Chi came back with the cloth and he finished stripping the boy's torso. He placed the cloth on his chest and it made a hissing sound. "My god." He said and looked to his grand daughter. "Go fill the tub with ice and water. I'll be in there shortly."

Mei Chi noticed the scar too. "What's that?" She asked.

Leung shook his head. "I don't know sweety, it looks like a brand. Go, go, we'll do what we can and then run him into Hong Kong tomorrow." He didn't like what he say. The boy's skin had a reddish tint to it. Almost like a sunburn but not. He was very hot. He had multiple scars all over his body. The kid looked like he'd gone through hell. Maybe he was a soldier. He couldn't tell. He was a fighter he knew that from his build.

Mei Chi came back and the two helped the young man into the bathroom. Leung sent Mei Chi out while he finished undressing the boy and placed him int the tub. He sat there for a while. Mei Chi bringing in ice as fast as the machine could make it. They took shifts watching the boy Mei Chi slept on the couch until her grandfather came for her.

Soon she was sitting on the toilet next to the stranger. An hour passed... then two... soon it was 4 in the morning. She was nodding off when she heard water move. Her bladder tightened. "Mmmmm...." She protested.

"いくつかの水が必要です。" Came a young voice. Mei Chi looked up to see the boy looking back at her. "What?" She was confused, she didn't know the dialect he was speaking. It sounded like Japanese.

The boy shook his head. "I. Need. Some. Water." His accent was thick and it sounded like he hadn't spoken Chinese in a while but she understood him. She nodded and reached over for a cup she filled it with water and handed it over.

The boy took it and sipped it. He looked very thirsty but knew not to chug it or he would get sick. He looked back to Mei Chi "Where, am, I?"

"You're just outside of Hong Kong in China." She was about to say more when he spoke again.

"I know where Hong Kong is child." He tried to get out of the tub and Mei Chi covered her eyes, The boy slipped and went back into the tub. At this point Mei Chi went to get her grandpa. The boy hit his head when he slipped and was back out.

Some time later Goki awoke in a bed. He looked around. His clothes were folded at the foot of the bed and there were 5 glasses of water on the night stand. He reached over for the glass and sipped the water. There was no one. Pulling back the covers he discovered he was naked. He didn't really care because humans didn't wear clothes for thousands of years before becoming "civilized" He walked to the window and looked out. He was indeed in China. How he got here was beyond his power. So it must have been the Orochi. He closed his eyes. He didn't want to die, however he was prepared for it. He also wasn't going to make it easy for the bastard.

Goki finished off a cup of water and went to retrieve another when he heard a knock on the door. Without waiting for a reply it swung open and a girl walked in. She was looking at the bed in confusion. "May I help you?" Goki asked. Then he remembered she didn't speak Japanese. "What, you, want?" He asked.

The girl looked over, her eyes widened and she covered her face with a napkin. "H-here's your breakfast!" She stammered and held out a tray of food.

Goki walked over and took his food. He sat down on the bed and pulled on his pants. "I have my pants on now." He said and she lowered the napkin. "T-thanks."

Goki started eating. She was still standing there. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail. She was wearing a yellow smiley face t-shirt with faded blue overalls. She finished the outfit with a pair of purple flip-flops and thick framed glasses. "Is there anything else I can get you?" She asked,

Goki shook his head. "No, thank you." He said and shoved his mouth full of rice. She smiled, "I made it myself. I'm Mei Chi. The old man is my grandpa Leung"

Goki wasn't in the mood for conversation. He need to get his strength up. However he did recall them last night when they tazed the beast. "I'm Goki." He said between mouth fulls.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-10, 9:41 pm

Goki finished his breakfast and dressed. He was apparently already clean. He walked down the stairs carrying his sweatshirt. There was a man sitting in a chair. "Ah, good to see you up and about. You took a pretty nasty fall last night."

Goki paused half way down the stairs. "Yes, um... I do not know much about that. I... I was..."

The old man laughed. "Your Chinese is a bit rusty I see. Well I'm sorry I don't speak Japanese. I do however speak English."

Goki nodded. "My English is better than my Chinese." He said in English.

"Good good. Please have a seat." He waved.

Goki really didn't want to "I have to go. There is something I must do."

The man nodded "Sure, sure. We just saved your life and all, no reason to stick around and thank us."

Goki didn't even pause "Okay." He said and headed for the door.

Leung quickly got up and went to intercept. "Hey, hey, hey! I was joking please come and sit down. I insist." he placed a hand on Goki's shoulder.

Goki's instant reaction was to take the hand and throw the man across the room. However he didn't want to give into that impulse because it would only feed the demon. Right now he had no choice but to "Play Nice."

So Goki sighed and turned. "Very well. If I must indulge this idiocy." He said in Japanese rolling his eyes. He walked to the chair and sat down.

The old man sat in a chair next to him. "Now, if you don't mind my asking, what happened last night?"

Goki thought about it for a moment. It was all a blur. "I... don't really know. Cannot remember." he tried to focus on the events in Shad. He could only make out fragments. After the soldiers tranquilized him the last thing he could recall was falling in an abandoned apartment complex.

"The last thing I can remember is... an abandoned apartment complex in Shad." Goki was actually really trying to remember.

The old man nodded "I see. That's the man made island off the coast of Thailand?" He asked.

Goki rolled his eyes. He was about to say something rude however he thought against it. "Yes, it is."

Leung nodded "That's quite a ways from here. Mei Chi was wondering if you were some kind of alien."

"I WAS NOT!!" Came Mei Chi's voice from behind the corner. Leung leaned his head out over the arm of his chair. "Well hello there."

Mei Chi came out. Her cheeks were a little pink. She walked over and sat down. "I wasn't eavesdropping or anything. I was just passing by. And... stopped... for a while." she fidgeted with her ponytail.

Goki was impressed. Her English was better than his. "Where did you learn English?"

"Mommy taught me." She stood and walked over to Goki. "H-here... I-I-I made this for you." She held out her hand, palm down.

Goki mentally rolled his eyes. He really didn't want to be here. He held out his hand and Mei Chi dropped a beaded bracelet in his hand and quickly went outside.

Goki looked at the bracelet. It had a leather strap with wooden beads. He looked to Leung.

"Well don't look at me, I think she has a crush on you."
the old man chuckled.

Goki shook his head. "She is going to crush me? What?"

At this Leung laughed "No, my boy. I mean she likes you. Like, like. You know?"

Goki slowly nodded. "Why?"

Leung paused. "I... well... I don't know." He thought a moment. "Maybe she thinks you're cute."

Goki set the bracelet on the side table. "I do not have the time nor the patience for this." He said and stood.

Leung too stood "Now hold on, she spent most of the night making that for you. After we moved you to the bed that's all she was doing."

Goki was quiet for a while. Then he let out a sigh and snatched up the bracelet. "Very well." He reluctantly put it on. "Now if you will excuse me I must be go..." His face froze. "I-" His hands crept up to his head and he grasped it. "Ahhh!!!"

Goki could feel the presence of the Orochi trying to rest control from him. "N-no! I-it belongs... to.... ME!!! It's going to be mine soon enough. Give in!!" Goki dropped to his knees.

Leung knelt down "Hey, boy are you okay?" The kid was strong and his body began to heat up again.

"NO!!!" Goki shouted as he stood and moved to the door and outside.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-10, 10:50 pm

Goki fell outside onto the porch he was holding his body. He writhed on the floor screaming. It was a mixture of his voice and something inhuman. This set Leung on edge. When Mei Chi came over to see what was going on she ran over to Goki. "Yeye! What's happening!?" She asked.

Leung ran over and stopped Mei Chi from getting to Goki "I don't know!" Wind seemed to pick up as Goki rolled onto the ground. The screams were more inhuman than human now energy rippled across his body as clouds began to form in a swirling pattern over head.

"YES!!! I'M SO... CLOSE!!!" said the inhuman voice. "No!!! I. Will. Fight. You!!" came the human voice.

Mei Chi broke free from her grandfather and ran into the house. Leung thought it was for the best.

Goki managed to crawl to his knees. He gripped his body and grunting. The ground began to shake as the energy swirling around his body intensified. Goki could feel himself slipping.

"YES!!! THAT'S IT!!! GIVE UP AND DELIVER THIS BODY TO ME!!!" The inhuman voice shouted. Then again, it spasms and twitches. His body shaking. The clouds clear and the wind dies down.

Leung looked over to the door and Mei Chi was standing there holding his tazergun. He went over to Goki and checked him. His body was warm but not as warm as it was last night.

"Come, help me get him inside." Leung said as he lifted Goki.

He came too in the same bed. He had a pounding headache. Mei Chi was sitting in a chair next to him. When she spotted him awake she looked out the open door. "Yeye! He's awake!!" She shouted. That didn't help his head. He tried to remember the last time his head felt this way and... he couldn't. In fact most of his childhood was gone. He couldn't remember it. Only fragments and those were slowly fading too.

The old man came into the room. "There you are. Sorry about the tazer. Her idea. I mean it worked last time." He was wiping his hands. "Okay boy." He took a chair and sat next to Goki. "Time to tell us what's going on."

Goki was annoyed by the constant questions. Though, he didn't know why. He shook his head and looked to them. There was no getting about it now. "I am possessed by the Orochi, in our culture it is a very powerful demon dragon spirit. I... I do not remember how I became infected with it... however, it is... I believe it is killing me. Consuming my soul." He tried to sit up. Then thought against it.

Leung nodded. "I see... I've seen this before when I was an inspector with the Hong Kong Police. It... it didn't end well." He said and hung his head.

"However I know some people I'll make a few calls while I'm in town." He turned and patted Mei Chi on the shoulder.

Goki felt something on his hand and looked. Mei Chi was holding his hand. "We'll help you Goki." He looked at her for a while. Not quite understanding. "Thank you." He said as he leaned his head back on the pillow.

Leung poked his head back in the room. "Hey, is there anyone you want me to call?"

Goki thought about it for a moment. Who did he know? An image of a girl flashed though his mind. She had purple hair and always kept it tied back. "Jun... I... Jun." He focused on the image for a moment. Fragments returning. He remembered playing with her when he was younger. But the feelings were wrong. He was angry at her. Who was she? "No, nobody."

Leung nodded and walked down stairs. He sat in his chair an made some calls. He was calling every spiritual healer and priest he knew.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-11, 4:03 am

"That's gotta be it..." The young woman mumbled to herself in English as she strolled through Hong Kong's streets at dusk. Thoughts of the night sky danced about in her mind as she walked; her immediate surroundings, though vibrant and foreign, were of low interest. Reading other languages was a different matter entirely from speaking them for this girl. Thus, her remaining attraction to this city lay thousands of light years above it. "Just a few hours left..." She continued to mumble quietly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The stars strewn about the night sky twinkled in a random stellar performance. Despite being in the middle of Hong Kong's bright atmosphere, the light of the stars was not lost to Samantha's eyes. Sitting atop the International Commerce Center didn't necessarily help, she merely liked the heightened seating. Whether or not she was actually allowed up there was of little concern; she wasn't hurting anyone, and the stars seemed so much closer that way.

The blinking symphony segued smoothly its next phase. Streaks of light traced fleeting lines of light across the sky. She watched the shooting stars in wonder. There were so many that night. As quickly as they appeared, they were gone... Most of them, anyway. One falling star lingered. The flicker grew into a thriving light. This light continued to grow in its descent. It was getting closer! Sam stood up and watched the fiery object zoom beyond Earth's illusory veil and crash into the outskirts of the city. "Certainly don't see that every day..." The flare it gave off was unnatural, even for a meteorite. She could not make out the object's form, but that didn't matter much. Whatever it was, she couldn't pass up the chance to check it out!

Sam clutched her flowing scarf and leaped from the rooftop. After a lofty descent, she spun the scarf above her head. It began to quicken its rotations, moving with a mind of its own. The coptor-like movement slowed her fall for a gentle landing. She swirled the scarf around her neck and took off toward the origin of impact.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A bit of searching later and Sam came across a large crater. The indentation of the earth was empty. It had been some time since the object's landing; its discovery by another party was not impossible. Nearby there were footprints and small tire marks. Whatever was here was taken by the house owner nearby. She was curious as to what fell from the sky, but not quite enough to simply intrude upon a random family in the middle of the night. Reluctantly, she left the scene and returned to the city.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next morning came swiftly. Her body jolted awake with a sobering premonition. Energy was not typically something she could naturally sense. Something foul made itself known somewhere nearby. Even if only for a few moments, it was a powerful spike. Sam leaped out of the hotel bed and rushed to dress herself.

It was that house again. She was sure it came from somewhere around here. She wasn't one to impose when unnecessary, but that energy before felt... dangerous. Why could she even detect it in the first place? She approached the door and knocked. "Hello--" Wait. That's right. It's Chinese here. "*Hello? Is anyone home?*"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-11, 4:24 am

There was the sound of a phone hanging up and an old man came to the door. It opened slightly. He was pretty fir for his age and something about him said "Cop"

"May I help you?" He asked. Behind him a girl about 12 or 13 ran up the stairs with a steaming cup.

Up stairs in the room Goki was drinking coffee like his life depended on it. He had gone through three cups in 30 minutes.

Mei Chi came in holding another one. "Here you go Goki, another one just they way your asked." She handed over the cup.

Goki nodded his head. Earlier he informed Leung and Mei Chi that if he fell asleep then the Orochi would take over because his defenses were down.

"Thank you." He said and started drinking. "This should be enough for now."

Mei Chi reached over and handed him his breakfast. "Eat up, you're gonna need your strength. Yeye was making calls most of the morning. There's gonna be a priest stopping by later."

Goki nodded then his head cocked to one side looking at the door. "Someone's here."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-11, 4:58 am

Sam noticed the girl retreating to the stairway. There were more people within the house, but her intention was not to intrude. "*I am sorry to come by so early. A short while ago, I felt a dangerous presence in this area. I was wondering if everyone here was alright, though it would appear you are.*" Her greeting and speech was more formal than she was used to. Her dialect was proper with an accent reflecting her ethnicity.

She could no longer feel the presence of which she spoke. Perhaps it had moved on or was simply defeated. Could it have been her mistake?
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-11, 12:43 pm

Leung nodded "You felt a presence you say?" He thought a moment. *Maybe she could help.* came the thought. He stepped back opening the door wider. "I am Leung Shen, the girl you saw earlier was my grand daughter Mai Chi. We have... a young man here who seems to be possessed by a powerful spirit. Come in, please and sit."

Up stairs Mei Chi waited outside the door while Goki dressed. He opened the door and she smiled. "There's someone here. Yeye invited her in. Maybe she can help."

He nodded "We will see."

Goki walked carefully down stairs. He still wasn't in top form. Fighting a demon takes a lot out of you.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-12, 1:59 am

Sam thanked the man as she entered the house. "*Thank you, sir. My name is Samantha Bryant. That does sound dangerous...*" Judging by Leung's description, she was beginning to understand why she felt something earlier. It was the twisted energies struggling for dominance; the clash created a unique spike of conflicting powers. Although she was sure the situation was unique, it was something she had experienced before.

She eyed the man descending the stairs. Just as she thought, she couldn't feel anything from him. She likely wouldn't until another struggle. It was just like before. His appearance, however, was far from normal.

"*Hello. I am told you are possessed by a spirit. If it is unwelcome, I would be happy to help.*" She hoped she could be of service in this situation. It wouldn't be simple, however. Nothing was ever easy...
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-12, 2:23 am

Goki looked to the woman. He decided to keep speaking in english "How can you help? To my knowledge there are no exorcists powerful enough to free me. My only other option is to destroy the very thing it seeks." He finished descending the stairs and looked at Sam. "If you believe you are equal to the task..." He reached back and pulled on a pair of fighting gloves. "We can put your skills to the test."

Leung held up his hands. "Now hold on, we haven't exhausted all our options yet. I have a spiritual healer coming. He might be able to help, and if not maybe point us in the right direction."

Mei Chi came down stairs "Yeah no fighting. It's such a waste of good energy."

Goki nodded "As you wish." He looked to Sam "Another time perhaps."

Leung looked to Sam "So how is it you can help?" He asked motioning for everyone to sit down.

Mei Chi sat down and set a tazer on the table. "This is for just in case."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-12, 2:58 am

A small smirk crossed Sam's face at the mention of a fight. She had no visible weapons on her, but seemed ready to go. Leung's interjection brought the notion to a halt however. She decided to switch to English. It was easier on her and much more comfortable. "It'll have to wait. Well, if it's as he says, I doubt the healer with have much luck. My method isn't immediately ready; we'd have to travel back to New York. It'd be more of a science fix rather than spiritual." She took a seat as it was offered. She wondered how powerful the tazer was to pose a threat to the spirit. Sam regarded Goki as she spoke up.

"Whatever this spirit is, it obviously doesn't have complete control. Because of this, your energies are separate. My father has a way to forcibly extract this foreign entity's energy, killing it thereafter. Unfortunately, this is exactly as dangerous as it sounds. If the spirit's will is stronger than yours, you could end up dying instead. If you are equal in strength, you could both die. Point is, I'd suggest trying everything else before that option." She paused to backtrack. His statement intrigued her.

"Just what does the spirit seek, exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-12, 3:16 am

Goki sat down "It seeks my body and soul. I can tell you, it is getting stronger. The, episodes are coming more frequently and are lasting longer. That device," He pointed to the tazer "Seems to work when our wills are locked in battle, when neither of us has control of the body." He leaned back rubbing his chest. "It is less desirable than I would like however given the circumstances, beggars cannot be choosers. As the saying goes."

Leung nodded "Yes, we've been putting in a new magazine after every how did you say? Episode?" Goki nodded

It was the girl who spoke next "From what Goki's been telling me. He's starting to lose some memory. The thing inside him is starting to consume his soul. So if Goki is weak then your father's device will kill him? I don't much like that idea. There's gotta be another way."

Goki thought for a moment. "If it kills the monster as well then I have no qualms about it. However, I would still entertain any other options. I do not wish to perish however I am resigned to it if need be." He looked to Sam "That said, do you have any other options we may consider?"
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-12, 4:55 am

Sam sat back and sighed. "That doesn't make things any easier, does it? I'm not sure if we have too many other options if your soul is at stake. We can take measures to subdue the spirit by weakening its energy. The bigger problem here is your memories and soul. My parents are experts in both natural and bodily energy sources. The soul isn't something that's easily tampered with, let alone your mental state. I'd say you need a good psychic if you haven't already tried that. They could at least steel your mind from the spirit's influence." She sighed again and leaned forward placing her elbows on her knees. Her head rested on her palms.

"I'd rather not kill him either." An assurance to Mei Chi, followed by, "What have you tried? And how long have you had this spirit?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-16, 5:53 pm

Goki leaned back resting his head on the chair. "It has been six months since this was forced on me and two since I've noticed it trying to take me over. The Orochi at first lay dormant. I commanded its power. Then, it... awakened. At first it was a whisper in the back of my mind. The slowly it began to take over. Since then, I have tried psychics, spiritualists. I have even checked myself into a hospital to see of radiation treatment would help."

He sighed "The only result is I lost my hair." He rubbed his head. His hair had grown back. it wasn't nearly as long as it used to be so he would have to manage it. "I am getting tired and weak. So naturally in light of a hopeless situation I took matters into my own hands. I thought about seppuku however I quickly dismissed the idea. So in lieu of that I chose to go out fighting. Literally. I've challenged powerful fighters all over the world. None were equal to the task. I had thought by challenging them I could meet my end. Though, I do believe Makemba Bison may be up to the challenge. Sadly I had failed in my attempt to fight her."

He looked to Sam "The Orochi is a divine being, I highly doubt your fathers science would have an effect on it." He shifted mirroring Sam's position. "Is there anything else you would like to know?"
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-17, 3:49 am

Sam was quiet for a moment. By the sound of his tone and his story, he'd just about given up hope on getting rid of this thing. Stubborn as she was, she wasn't convinced that all was lost. Even with every option exhausted, giving in was just... "Higher power or not, every living entity has an energy signature. However, that does put a damper on a few alternatives for taking care of this thing. If it can infinitely produce energy, there's no point in trying to absorb or destroy it..." What they were dealing with sounded dangerous beyond what they could understand at that time.

"Where'd this thing come from anyway? You know how long it's been around, so I assume you know how it got to you. Do you have any idea what this 'Orochi' is?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-17, 4:16 am

Goki thought for a moment. "From my studies, I believe it is the spirit of the Demon Dragon King of the same name. As for its origins that is highly speculative." He looked to Mei Chi, "May I have some water?"

Mei Chi nodded and hurried off.

Goki continued. "I have seen... images of its past. I have seen many eras through its eyes. From my understand, Demons and Angels were here first. Then there was some kind of holocaust and humans were made to rule. It was one of said demons. I know not if that is the truth so I have no basis to judge. All I know is that it is old. Very old. As for how it came to me." He lowered his gaze

"I... was consumed with the idea of power. To surpass my father and the Dark Hado. To be the strongest. I was... misguided. The Orichi sought out my lust for power and... here I am now." He could still feel it inside him watching and waiting.

"Now it simply waits for a moment of weakness. For me to sleep. I know I cannot. I know now that I was in the wrong and that I am to pay for my past sins. If it means my life then so be it. Though, I would prefer not."

Mei Chi came back with the water. "Did I miss anything?"

Leung shook his head. "Not anything we didn't already know." He looked to Goki, "After hearing this I honestly don't know how to help. We could try and call Nobus to see what they can recommend."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-17, 4:39 am

"No wonder priests and psychics had no luck. This is way out of their hands. Nobus is definitely the best route to take." Knowing how old the being was, it had to possess extraordinary power. It was a wonder it hadn't overtaken Goki yet. If anyone could do anything, they would likely be found working in Nobus. If not, they also likely had the power to destroy him. She wasn't about to mention this in front of Mei Chi.

"I'd say it was strange that they haven't found you first, but if Orochi's powers were dormant it's understandable." Speaking of which, this being's power wasn't in full swing just yet. Sam still didn't understand why she felt this person's energy in particular. "Those images of the past, I'm guessing they're the spirit's memories. Are yours still largely intact?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-17, 4:53 am

Goki shook his head. "I... do not remember much of my early childhood. I-I remember, a girl. Just flashes. Fragmented images. She... feels... important somehow. I remember my father, and... rage. So... much... Rage..." He gripped the arms of the chair and started to squeeze.

Mei Chi ran over before Leung could stop her. "Goki, hold on." She reached over and grabbed the tazer. "Calm down. Don't Hulk out on us."

Goki seemed to calm. His breathing slowed and he relaxed his grip. "Thank you." He said and took a sip of water. "I, think it is consuming my good memories leaving only the ones that... fuel my anger. Thus adding to its power." He looked to Mei Chi and then Sam "I do not believe I have much time left."

At this Leung stood and grabbed his keys "Then we don't have any time to waste. I think there's a Nobus branch in Hong Kong. Not sure though."

Mei Chi ran over to her laptop and typed something into her search engine. The number for the Nobus emergency hotline came up. She wrote it down and handed it to Sam.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-19, 2:54 am

"Thanks." Sam accepted the number and pocketed it. "There is a branch here, by the way. I can show you the way if you'd like." She checked her 'watch'. It wasn't as if she needed to leave anytime soon. Rather, she wanted to see Nobus' take on the situation. If Goki could be helped, they'd likely know how to go about it. If anything she could help keep the demon in line if things got out of control.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-19, 8:35 pm

Goki nodded, "I am uncertain what it is that they can do." He looked again to Mei Chi, "Would you mind retrieving my shoes?" He asked. He looked back to Sam when the girl left. "I am a little weary of going to Nobus. I am what they would consider a criminal."

Leung nodded "I figured as much, however it's because you were under the influence of that demon thing."

Goki was about to say something then decided against it and simply nodded. Mei Chi came back with his shoes. "Here ya go." She handed them over and Goki nodded his thanks.

Mei Chi grabbed her laptop and shoved it into her backpack. "I'm ready to go."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-24, 3:05 am

Sam caught Goki's omission, but dropped the subject. They'd find out sooner or later, and it was obviously a matter to be withheld from Mei Chi. "Everyone's set, so let's get going." Regardless of their method of travel, she was prepared to point the way from where they were.

"Stop me if I sound crazy, but did you have something to do with that falling meteorite last night?" Sam asked Goki as they traveled. It had been on her mind since she saw the light crash through Hong Kong's outskirts.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-26, 1:17 am

Mei Chi helped Goki in the car while Leung got in the drivers seat.

Soon they were off.Goki shook his head "No that was the Orochi. I was simply along for the ride. He came to China because of a minimal Nobus presence. He believed the mountains were the best place to complete the transformation." Goki smiled a little at the Orochi's miscalculation. "He was wrong."

As they drove Goki bit his finger. It was hard enough to draw blood. Mei Chi noticed this. "Why did you bite your finger?"

Goki released his finger. "Traveling by automobile causes me to get drowsy."

Leung heard that and pressed on the gas pedal.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-26, 3:35 am

Sam rode watching the scenery as it zipped by. The Nobus building in Hong Kong certainly was smaller than the others; aid may be slightly less available than usual here. If it wasn't, time was not on their side...

"Here we go." She pointed out the center as they closed in. It was relatively inconspicuous. Perhaps this was intentional to complement their staff on hand? Or maybe it was to simply deter attention. Sam turned to Mei Chi as they exited the vehicle.

"Keep that taser handy while we're inside, okay? I don't think they'll appreciate any sudden... mishaps. Especially ones this strong. But if we take care of it, there's a lot less chance of them taking Goki down outright."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-07-28, 1:16 am

Mei Chi stepped out of the car and kept the tazer trained on Goki. "Sorry about this."

Goki shook his head. "I understand." Leung helped Goki out of the car. "I am able to walk."

The older man let him go and Goki started towards the building. He looked to Sam. "Should this go wrong. Don't hesitate." He walked up and opened the door. "I need to talk to someone."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-08-13, 6:54 pm

Sam nodded in affirmation before they walked inside. A man wearing an officer's uniform sat idly behind the desk sitting opposite of the door. He was kicking back reading a tabloid from one of the street vendors outside. There were doors behind him, but no other persons stood in the lobby. Needless to say, business was slow. The officer set the magazine down and removed his feet from the desktop.

"And since you're here, I'm guessing it's a relatively difficult or important discussion you seek. Officer Wu. What can I do for you?" He stood and circumnavigated the desk to extend his hand to Goki's in greeting. Upon closer inspection, his young appearance belied a mature tone behind his words.

Sam entered behind him and stood a short distance away. He still felt normal. She hoped this meeting would pass by without interference.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty2012-08-21, 3:22 am

Mei Chi stepped up "Yeah, he's really sick. There's something living inside him and it wants to kill him."

Leung pulled his granddaughter back "Hush, this is Goki's business."

Goki stepped forward and nodded "What the girl says is true."

*Kill him.*

Goki's head twitched as he felt something inside him stir. "We must hurry, there is not much time. I require stimulants. I Must remain conscious!"

*Kill them all and give yourself to me!*

Goki grabbed his head and squeezed his eyes shut. "NO! I WILL NOT!!" He stumbled back into Mei Chi who in turn fell into Leung. The tazer clattered to the floor and the ambient light seemed to dim.

*NOW*

Goki dropped to his knees. The pain was more intense this time. He fought with all his will. "NO!!" His voice had turned into a combination of both his and the Orochi's "I! WILL!! NOT!!!" Dark energy began to sqirl around him. Slowly at first and the building began to tremble.

Mei Chi screamed and Goki's eyes snapped open. He looked to her and then to Sam. They were not his eyes but a mixture of his and something reptilian. Those eyes pleading. He wanted to scream. He wanted to shout at the top of his lungs. The agony was apparent in his eyes.

*GIVE YOURSELF TO ME!!!*

Goki threw his head back and let loose a primal roar that was never intended for a human. The roar seemed to explode from his body like a shockwave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in China   Once upon a time in China Empty

Back to top Go down

Once upon a time in China
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next