The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2014-10-15, 3:31 am

The messenger nodded. "I expected as much." He didn't bother to say anything else, as he and his armed guard turned and simply left, marching out of the castle.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2014-10-15, 4:06 am

Reifer rubbed his temples when they left. "I expected that not to go over well and I was right. I'm sorry but it seems we'll have to be preparing for a war."

"Don't be," Hestor placed a hand on his shoulder briefly. "This isn't your fault. It's no ones but those who were responsible. In the mean time, I would suggest scouts to find out as much information as we can of where our enemies are and their locations.."

It was a uncomfortable thing for Hestor to outright lie to his daughter but sometimes it really was for the best. She didn't need to know about about what possibly happened to Yuki and Iilara. However there was no way he could avoid the fact a war was coming and that left him at a loss of how to proceed.

Ever since adopting Lenneth and living with Reifer and his family he had become more and more of something of a pacifist; only in the technical sense. In this world, there would always be those who fought whether it be for sport, glory or any other myriad of reasons but being a complete pacifist would be nothing more then a fool's errand. Instead, it was more he hoped to avoid fighting as much as possible these days and a war was even worse.

Lenneth was asleep on her bed, curled halfway into a ball being passed out. He took another glance at her before leaving the room and closing the door behind him. For now he'd get a few things done before heading to bed; he knew Reifer was in his own room and not sleep. No doubt things weigheed heavily on his mind.

Reifer sighed tiredly as he finished the last of the much needed work that was suppose to be completed as plans were made of how best to tackle the situation. for the upcoming war. He didn't want to fight. He didn't want that amount of responsbility and blood on his hands. A part of him, stupid he knew would have given his life if he knew absolutely sure his people would be taken care and things wouldn't get worse.

It would in the long term, many would be enraged by it which would lead to further conflict so that wasn't a option either even if he had wanted to.

Before too long, he reached his mother's room, however she appeared sleep and he didn't want to wake her so he slumped in a nearby chair for the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2014-11-08, 3:58 am

Reifer hadn't been in the room long, before a pillow would smack lightly into the side of his head. "Honestly... don't look so downtrodden when sitting next to my bed, makes me feel like I'm dying or something..." Sela was slowly sitting up, looking quite tired, but there was a small smile on her lips. She was as beautiful as ever, the bags under her eyes and sluggish movements being the only real signs that anything was wrong. "Nn... now, do you mind telling me what has you down, Reifer, or are you going to keep sitting silently in my room like a little creeper?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2014-11-08, 4:09 am

Reifer would admit his mother was attractive but it wouldn't extend anymore then that, at the least he felt a bit conflicted about the whole thing. Though, there was no harm in admitting something that was obvious to begin with.

Either way there were more important things to focus on, he was glad for the prompt.

"..A lot of things have happened recently.."

And he began to fill her in all what had been happening to the current mess.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2014-11-08, 4:26 am

By the end of Reifer's explanation, Sela felt even more tired than she already was. "Oh my... that is quite the situation... and I was looking forward to meeting those two the next time they were here..." She sighed, shifting in her seat. "I must admit, it's troubling that this would happen... though the idea that our troops would do such a thing is ludicrous. We have no rogue elements, no deserters on the loose... you are clearly being framed, Reifer."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2014-11-15, 3:00 am

Reifer slowly nodded. "I thought so too, as did Hestor. The problem is, the who? Who would have a motive for it and why exactly? I've been drawing a blank but it may be obvious. If there was some clue of where to look and get evidence, I could avoid this foolish war but at the moment we don't have options or clues."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2014-11-15, 3:12 am

Sela just looked at him for a moment, before curling her finger in a 'come here' motion. "Reifer, come closer for a second, I need to tell you something important."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2014-11-15, 3:27 am

Reifer didn't have any reason not to, so he did as he was told.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2014-11-15, 3:40 am

As soon as Reifer had leaned in closer, Sela responded by flicking him on the forehead sharply. It wouldn't really hurt, but it was something she'd done since he was little, whenever he did or said something that he shouldn't, or that she didn't like. "Reifer... you came and told me all about your conversations with Yuki and Ilia after they left. I'm pretty sure you told me everything. So think about what they told you, what you all discussed, and tell me; who would have something to gain by pitting you and Asai-Asakura against each other?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-01-28, 5:03 am

Reifer frowned for a moment before something clicked. "Ashikaga. Yes..he'd likely be the one to start something as they said. But even if that's the case, I'll have to have some sort of proof before I can do anything with it. Sometimes I miss the obvious and what's in front of me."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-01-28, 5:11 am

Sela nodded, smiling. "Overthinking gets the best of us at times, dear. Now, as for proof... personally, I'd advise sending in a team. To perform reconnaissance on Ashikaga. Based on what was found at the scene, it's entirely possible that those two are still alive. If they can be rescued, what better proof would we need?" 
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-08, 10:49 pm

"The only person that would fit for that sort of mission is Eon and a few others. Unfortunately our territory doesn't have as much skilled spies as others."
There were multiple reasons for that though.

After a pause, Reifer spoke up. "One thing I don't understand, though I'm not complaining is why the two weren't killed outright if it was all going to be put on me in the first place. They must have a reason for taking them alive..though on second thought perhaps its best I don't."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-08, 10:58 pm

Sela frowned a bit. "Yes, it's not something I'd want to think about... unfortunately, it's probably best we do. The unknown is one thing. But knowing the possibilities is a powerful motivator. So Reifer. What reasons might Ashikaga have for taking Yukihime and Iliara hostage and faking their deaths instead of killing them outright?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-08, 11:07 pm

Reifer after a moment sighed. "The first is the most obvious and unplesant one. Ashikaga fancied both of them physically as well and wanted to collect them for himself. Further with them supposedly dead no one will look after them, so its possible to say add them to a harem, another wife. Things of that nature."

"Second, maybe Yuki or Iliara know something that makes them more useful alive or dead. Maybe he knows something about them even I don't that would make them a bigger assest."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-08, 11:18 pm

"Exactly. The first is, as you said, obvious and unpleasant. Two young women being captured and likely raped and forced into what is essentially slavery. That is what we have to assume is their current fate. It's horrible, but can you think of better motivation to rescue them? That is what you need to relay to the team you send in. They need to understand everything that is at stake. Their natural priority will be to find proof of Ashikaga's guilt, and our innocence. They need to hold the rescue of those two as being just as important. It will make them even more focused. Now, as for building the team... that is indeed a concern." Sela shifted a bit in the bed, trying to get more comfortable. She was tired and needed to rest, but she was going to help her son with this. She'd felt useless since she'd gotten sick, and if she was indeed living on borrowed time at this point, she was going to make the most of it.

"Who did you currently have in mind, aside from Eon?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-08, 11:33 pm

"It would be Eon and some of his students to be more percise. Hector wouldn't be as much help sense while he's a good tactian its another kind of strength and I need them here. Do you have any suggestions?"
Reifer was going to say for her to keep still but he knew it would be useless with how stubborn she can be at times. It might be a dragon thing, herself or both but knowing her it was probably the later.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-09, 12:18 am

Sela sighed, shaking her head. "Unfortunately, no, I do not. I've never been very well acquainted with those who have that particular set of skills."

"Well then I arrived just in time! Hehe, little joke there, unintentional, I assure you! Probably." The chipper voice came from just outside the window, a woman with long green hair and dressed in what appeared to be clothes that would fit right in with ancient Greece. She waved, smiling brightly. "Hello, Reifer! It's lovely to see you again! Or, for the first time I suppose. For you anyway. It's a happy reunion for me though! And it's lovely to see you for the first time Sela!" She disappeared from outside the window, reappearing next to the bed.

"...Er... and you are?"

"Aryll Legarde, a pleasure to meet you! Anyway, I'm here to help! To that regard, it's time for me to do something very, super important!" She tapped her staff on the ground. Nothing happened. "...Wait for it."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-09, 12:24 am

Reifer was more then a bit taken back. "How do you know my name? And how did you get in here in the first place?" He was both cautious and confused. The woman didn't seem dangerous but he would be a fool to judge by outward mannerisms and such alone.

Elsewhere in the future, a certain demi Sayain rolled in his sleep. His partner must have been up to something again.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-09, 12:37 am

Aryll remained silent, seemingly waiting for something. After a moment, she frowned, and brought her staff down harder this time. Immediately after, part of the ceiling caved in as a woman with blue hair fell through. She landed deftly on her feet, blinking owlishly, before suddenly being swept up in a hug by Aryll... who, now that she was more visible in the room, was shown to be impressively tall. Aryll hugged the much smaller, and very confused, woman tightly. "Suzume, it's wonderful to see you again, it's been, like, an hour! Now, I'm sorry to mess with your plans, but attempting to kill Reifer and Sela is a no-no. I know you wouldn't do it, but I can't have you arrested until something pops up in war." She then turned Suzume around, and lifted her up in the air, hands hooked under Suzume's arms as she presented her to Reifer and Sela. "I present to you, the new member to your stealth team, the lovely Suzume Iga!"

"...Um... hello." Suzume was incredibly confused, but found she liked this seemingly insane and incredibly tall woman, so just waved at Reifer and Sela.

"...Hello." Sela was done. She had tried to follow what was going on, but she was far too tired and confused. She was just going to go with it for now.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-09, 1:15 am

"..............."

Reifer rubbed his temples feeling a headache. Too much was happening at once. First this Aryll woman coming literally out of nowhere, then Suzume who was apparently a ninja judging from her garb trying to kill them for whatever reason.

He had a lot of questions but he decided on the most obvious as his brain slowly began to work again after all the chaotic insanity. "Suzume, was it? Why were you trying to kill us?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-09, 1:24 am

Suzume blinked. She was surprised he was simply asking, as opposed to yelling or something. "Well, I was told to. After it got out about you killing the princess of Asai-Asakura, he felt you were dangerous, yep. Though sounds like that was a big old lie, huh? Mm, even Inukai's information network can't be flawless I guess."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-09, 3:24 am

Reifer nodded slowly, taking things in stride. "Yelling and running around won't solve anything. If I can't keep my metaphorical head on in stressful situations I shouldn't be ruling at all. But you're correct, its Ashikaga who has them after placing the blame on me for it. We're currently trying to recuse them, I have only a few people to send."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-09, 3:30 am

Suzume was about to respond, when she was cut off by Aryll shaking her around a bit in front of Reifer. "Hellooooo, just told you! She's the new member of your rescue team! Seriously, she's widely regarded as the greatest shinobi in all the territories. Even Inukai, the leader of all the shinobi in these lands, feels that way. So, would be really dumb not to accept her, yeah? So, you'll send her on the mission to rescue Iliara and Yukihime, and everything will be just fine!"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-09, 4:54 am

This woman was insane. That was one explanation, the other was, we'll what it appeared to be. It could have been some elaborate plot but why make it more complicated then need be? His mother obviously was out of the loop as he was. Still, should he actually trust her with this sort of thing?

More importantly could he afford not too?

"..All right. But I should ask first, do you want to help Suzume?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty2015-08-09, 5:07 am

Suzume blinked, and shrugged. "Sure. You seem interesting, especially if you attract people like this woman. You're nice too, and I'm pretty bored just doing whatever I'm told and then having to go back to Iga and just sit around. So... yeah, I'll help you out, with my super ninja skills!" She smiled brightly, and was promptly hugged by Aryll again.

"You are so cute!" Aryll finally set Suzume back on her feet, and twirled her staff. "Well! That takes care of that. I'll be back some time later. Not how long it'll be for you, but shouldn't be too long. I think. We shall see!"

"Wait!" Aryll's departure was stopped by Sela's shout, and she blinked, before frowning at Sela.

"You shouldn't be yelling like that, it's bad for your health."

"...Regardless, I have a question."

"Mm, I might have an answer."

"Why are you helping us?"

"Because if I don't, Reifer here is going to massively mess up so badly that he won't even understand the grave consequences of his actions until centuries from now." The blunt response, delivered with a smile, caught Sela off guard.

"That... seems a bit harsh. And presumptuous, to assume he would make such a costly mistake."

"Mm... mayyyybe. On that note..." Aryll suddenly posed dramatically, pointing her staff at Reifer. "You! ...Say no to slaves!" And with a flash, she disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next