The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-05-22, 4:56 pm

Sela actually stumbled a bit as she heard this, completely caught off guard by his words. She had never expected him to ask such a thing, and she looked at him with wide eyes. "Reifer..." She blinked rapidly, her face flushing as she cleared her throat a bit. "I think I need to sit down a second... I'm not upset, just... didn't expect that... at all..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-05-22, 5:08 pm

Reifer was worried but was prepared to accept if she had said no. Sela had a strong reaction of some kind which was to be expected but she didn't seem upset about the news, not that he had really expected them too. "..I understand its a lot at once. You don't have to answer right away, all right? You can sit on it for a bit if you need to."

Dragons were more forward about this sort of thing, but that being said if she needed time to think about it he was more then fine with it.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-05-22, 5:25 pm

Sela shook her head quickly, putting a hand over her heart as she took a deep breath. "No, it... it's fine... of course the answer is yes, Reifer, I just... never expected such a thing. I never believed you would ask that... and until today, I wasn't even sure I'd live long enough to see you marry at all... it's just hitting me all at once..." She managed to find a garden bench to sit on, motioning for Reifer to join her.

"...Are you sure though, Reifer? I know that such a thing isn't exactly strange for dragons, but some of the women in your life might... not be okay with your mother being one of your mates. Let alone how it might affect your interactions with other territories and the people you lead... this could cause you a lot of grief..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-05-22, 6:05 pm

Reifer sat down next to her after she motioned for him too. "I have thought of it. It might make certain things a bit harder depending how judgmental or traditional they are, but they'll be plenty others who don't care. We'll deal with it as it comes, but I am sure about my decision just as long as you're fine with it."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-05-22, 6:16 pm

Sela nodded a bit, closing her eyes as she smiled softly. "When you were younger, but a few years after your father had passed, I admit that the thought crossed my mind that something like this could happen. I wasn't sure how I felt about it then, but... now, I can say with certainty that I'm happy with this outcome... so if you're fine with an old dragon like me... then I'm jumping in with both feet." She gently placed her hand over his, giving him a sly smile.

"Just keep in mind... while I'll only be one of your wives, however many you have... don't think that just because I'm your mother that I won't demand as much attention as the other women."
Then, Reifer would see something that he had never once seen before. Sela was giving him a rather seductive look.

"And once this change in our relationship is a little less fresh... you can show me what Alia taught you all those years ago."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-05-22, 6:51 pm

Reifer found Sela extremely attractive so the last words and the smile got to him. He pushed that to the back of his mind for the moment; maybe it was too soon for all that even by modern dragons at least far as that went. ""..I'm going to look forward to that."

He gave her hand squeeze. "I hadn't plan on making a move so soon, but I'm glad its on a day where we have the entire time just to ourselves."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-05-22, 7:00 pm

"If I may be blunt, I wouldn't advise springing something like that on the other women in your life, by the way. You can get away with it with me, because we've been together for years and love each other, but you'll need to be more delicate with others most likely... though I believe you'll be fine. You took things slow with Iliara, I trust?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-06-03, 7:03 pm

Reifer shook his head a bit. "If you mean telling her about this? Then no. But in general I am not rushing things with her. And I understand what you mean. Not everyone is going to be as open minded about things. To be honest, I have no clue how it will turn out. I know other men in my position would be more active in pursuing a larger group of women..but for myself I'm fine if its a small group. Whether it be you and Ilaria or just you in the end."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-06-27, 10:25 pm

Sela chuckled a bit, patting his shoulder a bit. "Well, we will see what happens, won't we?" She smiled softly, and leaned into his side, sighing softly; content to just enjoy this time with her son... and apparently now, her mate.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-07-18, 6:42 pm

Reifer didn't say anything, in part because he had no other response and the other he felt sometimes words simply weren't needed and got in the way. He was silent with them as he enjoyed her company which he always did but this was..different. After all while it was mostly the same he still of course had the extra of being her mate now and he couldn't say he had much experience.

I'll learn as I go. Can't get everything right the first time.

Sela's breathing shifted he had noted mentally, as he glanced at them noting she had fallen asleep. He didn't want to wake her but nor did he want them to sleep in a position like that. So, being careful, he lifted her up the best he could without rousing her at least too much and carried them to their room to sleep. Kind of ironic to be carrying them like they were some sort of princess or maiden froma tower when she was in fact a queen of a powerful country.

He gently laid Sela on her bed after closing the door, mentally debating with himself before coming up a decision; he'd sleep in the same bed but that would be it. Reifer was nothing of a man of his own word and if she wanted to wait at least a little he was perfectly fine with that so it wouldn't be anything too much.

Reifer rested by her side, wrapping a arm around her waist.

It wasn't long before peaceful atmosphere and their breathing to lull them to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-10-03, 4:16 pm

A few months passed, bringing with them more of the same, as well as big changes. While Reifer had much work to do during this time, this was somewhat mitigated by the fact that he had significantly more help, and resources, than he once had. With Sela around, he was able to share the load in terms of running the territory, as well as the new vassal territory of Hara. With Suzume helping out Eon, their information network had expanded greatly.

Iliara had taken to her role as another advisor well, though her battlefield prowess also made itself known over time. Felicia had been restless leading up to what was likely to become war with Takeda, knowing that she was forbidden from going out on the battlefield. She did, however, spend more time hanging around Reifer and Sela, quite pleased to find that Sela was no longer sick... and to spend more time with Reifer.

Without fanfare, an alliance of sorts was formed with the territories of Houjou and Akashi; with the added help from Asai-Asakura, Takeda was finally overtaken. Unfortunately, the heads of Takeda were fully unwilling to just surrender, choosing instead to take their own lives. In the aftermath, a meeting was held within the war council room of Takeda.

On one side was Souun Houjou, the head of the Houjou territory, and his advisor Ran. On another, Kenshin Akashi, head of the Akashi territory, and her advisor and uncle, Kensei. Finally, there was Reifer and his chosen advisor for this meeting.

Clearing his throat, Souun stood from his seat. "I am pleased that you both agreed to this meeting so promptly. Considering that the heads of Takeda refused to surrender, the territory is left completely void of leadership. Rather than allow the territory to fall into utter chaos, I felt it was best to discuss our best course of action moving forward."

Last edited by Aviaris_Sevanthis on 2020-10-18, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-10-03, 5:17 pm

Reifer could say while things weren't perfect, they were far better then what they could have been. If it not had been for Aryll, not only would Sela had died, but Felecia would of had something horrible enough happen to her it would have broken him. There were other things she mentioned that worried him about the future; but for now he wasn't going to worry about it.

For this meeting, he had chosen Sela not only because of her experience but because Hector was spending time with Yuki and his daughter. After all the chaos and headaches they had to go through recently, the man deserved some down time.

"As I am. I hope we are able to find a solution to this without things further getting getting out of control. I hope we can work something out, at the moment I am open to hearing suggestions."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-10-18, 1:18 pm

Kenshin nodded a bit to Souun, before turning to Reifer. "As always it is a pleasure, Lord Houjou. Lord of Komai, this is our first meeting, so I would like to express in person my gratitude for your aid in this matter. I understand that you became involved because Takeda had attempted to assassinate your mother. Temporary though this alliance may be, I hope that in future, our three territories can enjoy a lasting peace between us." Kensei remained stone-faced behind her, for the most part. The slight clenching of his jaw showed he wasn't happy with something.

"Well said, Lady Akashi. Now, to start... we have two options ahead of us. Either we can appoint a new ruler of Takeda, or we can divide the territory to expand our own. As Takeda borders all three of our territories, this is not a difficult idea. While I would generally advocate appointing a new ruler... we unfortunately do not have the luxury of a readily available and trustworthy person for the position. So I suggest dissolving the territory of Takeda and splitting it amongst our own."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-10-30, 4:47 pm

In response Reifer was silent as he considered the options in front of him. In all honesty he wasn't sure of the best course of action with something like this which was why Sela was here for a second opinion; or just to point out something he was missing. People underestimated his mother because of her kind nature but she was shrewd when it came to politics when she wanted to and espeically when it came to looking after her own.

Naive she wasn't.

"If we were to go through with this, do you have a idea who you might appoint as in charge of your particular territory?" He was merely messing with the pieces of the puzzle at this point until he squared away the one in his head.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-11-09, 8:32 pm

Sounn seemed pleased that Reifer asked such a question. "I do, yes. One of my generals, to be exact. While he is a skilled tactician and military leader, he is also a man of the people. I feel that what would be needed in this endeavor is someone who can empathize with the people of the territory and aid them in the transition of governance, while still able to have a firm hand when necessary."

"Exactly. Personally, my first choice for such a thing is... no longer with us, but I have a few generals that I think could do well in the position. I would need to speak with them at length before making a decision, however."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2020-11-21, 9:21 pm

This seemed reasonable for the most part. "I have one or two people I can see taking over, but I also would have talk to them as well. The transitioning part will be difficult either way and people won't be pleased but we can do our best to ease them into it. It helps if the people feel their way of life isn't too uprooted."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2021-02-12, 7:47 pm

Kenshin smiled softly at this. "Thank you for understanding that, Lord Reifer. Something we must all remember is that while the heads of Takeda did heinous things in their bid to take over all the territories, the people living within the Takeda territory are not guilty of the same. It is our duty to ensure that the people of Takeda grow to be pleased with this transfer of power, and not resentful."

"Precisely. With that in mind, we can decide how best to split the territory, and perhaps we can even work toward a lasting alliance between us..."

For the next several hours, the three leaders and their advisors worked toward that very goal. Despite some dispute from Kenshin's advisor Kensei, things went smoothly, and the Takeda territory was divided cleanly.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2021-02-15, 12:49 am

The meeting went much better then Reifer had expected. He was grateful of course but knowing how politics could be there was no telling how long it would last or something else would come up unforseen for the most part. If it wasn't for the fact he more or less had to, he wouldn't have ever bothered getting into politics in the first place.

"I think for the most part, we have a accord." Reifer said when they finally got the tail end of the negotations. "Is there anything else anyone would like to bring to the table while everyone is present at the moment?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2021-09-06, 5:11 pm

While Sounn seemed content to leave things there, Kenshin decided to act on her current feelings. "Actually, yes. While I brought it up as a future thing not long ago, I would personally like to address the idea of making our alliance with Komai more permanent. Houjou and Akashi have enjoyed a lasting alliance even before the threat of Takeda, and I feel it would be for the best to extend a hand to Komai."

"Hm... from what I have heard, Komai has continually acted in a more defensive role in any conflicts they were involved in." Sounn looked to Reifer and Sela and smiled. "Both before and after leadership changed hands. Neither of you have ever seemed to be prone to aggressive expansion, and our sources indicate that the treatment of the people of the vassal territories of Ashikaga and Hara has been fair. Considering that, and the fact you have gained the help and respect of Asai Asakura... I would be open to this as well."

Kenshin smiled softly, turning to Reifer. "In that case... Lord Reifer of Komai, we would like to formally extend a-" She was cut off as her advisor Kensei began to whisper in her ear, and her expression fell a bit. "This is not... but no, I..." Her brow furrowed. "Enough!" Kensei stepped back, looking extremely pissed. "This is my decision to make. You are my advisor, and while I would be a fool to ignore your advice, it is still my decision on whether to follow it. Aligning ourselves with Komai will only strengthen us, and better ensure the safety and peace of the territories. My decision has been made." She looked at Kensei's rebellious look, before he sighed heavily and schooled his features before bowing.

"Understood. I apologize for my behavior, I meant no disrespect."

"...It's alright, Uncle, I know that you have the best interests of Akashi and myself in mind... but please, you must trust me. I know I am young, but you and father raised me well... I know in my heart that this is the best decision." She turned back to Reifer.

"I apologize for the disruption... again, I would like to offer a formal alliance between the territories of Akashi and Houjou, and the territory of Komai. Together, it is my sincere hope that we can help ensure that our territories are never swallowed up in the tides of war, and that people can live happier, more peaceful lives."

Here, Sela leaned into Reifer, whispering to him. "I assume you already feel the need to agree, and I would as well, but I support whatever decision you make. Regardless, from what Iliara has told us, and what we have seen here, I feel that her advisor is an issue. I think we should talk to Iliara about setting a meeting so she can warn her sister..." With that, she shifted away, allowing Reifer to make his decision.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2021-09-07, 11:07 am

Reifer had to agree with his mother on the subject; something definitely seemed to be amiss even if he couldn't hear what they had discussed. Kenshin was displeased with whatever she had heard. Politics was very much a messy game to begin with which is why if he wasn't required to participate it he'd want absolutely nothing to do with it.

He didn't have that option though. His country needed someone.

In the present, Reifer addressed them. "It's a generous offer, and one I can see all parties benefitting one so I will accept your proposal Kenshin. This likely not the last time we have to deal with conflict that drags us in and its best to be prepared the other time around."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2021-09-07, 8:37 pm

Kenshin was clearly pleased, and she and Sounn quickly worked on getting the details hashed out. When all was said and done, things had gone quite well. Komai had new allies, the threat of Takeda was gone, and no new threats were currently sitting on the horizon. Aside from the fact that upon their return home, Iliara was informed of the observed behavior of her uncle and sister. Upon being filled in, she went silent, biting her lip.

"...Lord Reifer... I'm scared... I'm worried that my uncle may be preparing to betray my sister in some way..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty2021-09-11, 11:14 am

"I worry about that as well. It's the feeling he gave off."
Reifer knew the whole thing was a delicate matter and had to move around this carefully. "Maybe we can see about somehow setting a meeting with Kenshin and yourself in private without him around. I don't think she'd listen to me without any proof. If you think now is the time. It is your sister and you know them better then I could."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17