The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Their Ball And Chain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-22, 11:17 pm

Adell wasn't sure if 'feel pain if you step out of bounds' thing was a two way street or it would be only him that was in pain. He didn't want to take his chances with either, the thought of him in pain or Ariana didn't appeal to him. Sure she was rough around the edges(putting it lightly at times) but he could tell by her aura she was a good person deep down.

Breakfast was done and ready for the others, plates set out neatly; one for Ariana and the other for Adell. Samantha's plate was just at the end of the table. It was a pretty standard breakfast, eggs, sasauge and pancakes. There was orange juice and lemonade, if they wanted, but no milk.

"Morning." Samantha didn't even have to turn to see who it was, as she cleaned up after herself before she could go to sit down with the others.

"Morning." Adell answered, taking a seat. Since Ariana didn't much like him he already did her a favor by not sitting exactly by her so she could sit closer to Yulina, if she wanted.

"You two sleep good?" Yulina had stopped stuffing her face with food, long enough to greet them.

"Yeah it was okay.." Adell seemed to be distracted, thinking.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-22, 11:54 pm

Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 TheDarkSamurai

Ariana sat down between Samantha and Yulina, slightly closer to Yulina. "I slept fine..." There was a pause as she ate, and she seemed to be rather hungry, as she was eating quickly. "...This is good. Thank you." Her voice was curt, no warmth to it, but she was being honest.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-23, 12:38 am

While it wasn't exactly warm, it was a definite change from last night. Ariana seemed to be in a better mood then last night. "Thank you." Samantha was about to say something to Yulina when there was a slight knock and she went to answer it. It didn't take her too long to come back with a envelope. "I don't know how, but someone already knew you were here. It's for you." She put the envelope on the table for her to take before going back to her own space.

When ever Ariana would open it, there would be a lot of money and a small note.

-Because a Eagle always keeps their word. It wouldn't make sense to anyone but Ariana, but it was a code name the client went by.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-23, 12:50 am

Ariana opened the envelope immediately, not caring about secrecy at the moment, and after she read the note and counted the money, she smirked, talking to herself. "Good thing too, because I don't take betrayal lightly..."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-23, 4:16 pm

Samantha wasn't sure what to make of it, but putting two and two together after the events of last night and the envelope now. "So you're some kind of mercenary?" If she was that would explain a lot of what happened before they got cursed to being stuck together. However, that had another unspoken question, if she continued with her job, wouldn't Adell have to go with her? She wasn't sure if she was happy about that.

Best not to worry about that bridge until they crossed it.

Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-23, 4:35 pm

Ariana paused, then nodded slightly. "Yes, I am. So was my target yesterday, meaning someone hired him to attack. You might want to look into who would do that. I'm a bit suspicious about how things turned out, what with how I was sent after him just in time to stop him..."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-24, 3:22 am

"You have a good point, I've been trying to find something out about that man that attacked my daughter last night. No luck so far, but don't expect the answer to come right away." Samantha wondered if it had to do with Yulina's father or biological mother. To her that was the only explanation that made sense why someone would actually hire someone, just to kill Yulina.

"Doesn't make any sense either way.." Adell mumbled, but let the matter drop. Eventually, he and Ariana were going have to work something out as far as 'outside time' went. Eventually they would have to go out and figure out something.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-24, 3:30 am

Ariana finished eating soon after, and then just sat there, seeming to think. "Hmm...do you have a place where I could train? And perhaps a long, strong chain?" Interesting question, that was...

(Sucky post is sucky, ne?)
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-24, 4:53 am

"We actually have a training area in the back that me and Adell use." Samantha said, wondering about the chain. "I think we have do have a chain back there if you really need one.." She had no idea what the young woman would need with one, though.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-24, 5:16 am

Ariana nodded. "Alright. I hope it's long enough. I intend to use it to chain us together. I'd rather not accidentally leave the ten foot mark and suddenly be weak and in pain again." This of course removed all doubt that Ariana also experienced the pain and weakness that Adell had. "Besides, we need to learn how to fight together and in coordination. Better to get put off balance or pulled to the ground when we mess up, than to suddenly be in pain."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-25, 9:13 pm

"..That makes sense." Adell, by this time had finished his meal. "If we don't learn how to fight with each other nearby we'll be in trouble when we do have to defend ourselves." And knowing his luck, and apparently Ariana's job, that would be around the corner some time soon.

"All right I'll show you." Samantha got up(with Yulina tagging along of course) to show them to the back yard where the training area was. Apparently, it was far bigger then an normal one on purpose since she knew Adell liked to train to put it lightly.

"It has a magical barrier around it, so you don't have to worry about damaging things, as much." Samantha said, scanning around for something. "Now where is it..ah, there.." She left the two teens for a moment then came back with an old chain. "I forgot what this was used for, but that should be long enough for the both of you. Yulina, could you grab a small mesuring stick sweetie?"

Yulina nodded happily, then took off quickly far faster then an normal child her age, coming back moments later with what her mother wanted. "Thank you." Samantha then measured the chain a bit. "How far can you go before you feel pain again?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-25, 9:45 pm

Ariana seemed almost amused by Yulina's speed, then turned to Samantha. "About ten feet. Possibly a bit more, but I don't want to risk it." She drew her sword, and was testing the edge as she waited for Samantha to finish.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-25, 11:07 pm

Samantha got to work after hearing those words, carefully measuring it and finding just the right length. Once she did, she grabbed both ends and snapped the thing in half easily with her Ki-enhanced strength with the same effort used to pull a string apart.

"There. That should do it."

Adell knew the idea had merit, but he would be lying to say it would be awkward at first to get used too. At least this way they learned in a safe place, then in the battlefield where it could cost them both. He had a feeling if one of them died, it wouldn't be good for the other for the simple fact he doubted the curse was that easy to get rid of.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-26, 12:51 am

Ariana nodded, then wrapped one end of the chain around her waist, using her fire to melt it together so it held. SHe made sure it was set so that it could rotate around her waist, but wouldn't slip off. Then she handed the other end to Adell. "Wrap that around like I did, and I'll seal it. I can cut it off when we are done. Unless it turns out it's better to leave it on for now."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-26, 1:42 am

Adell did as he was told with the chain, waiting for Ariana to seal it. This was almost like going to learn how to dance with someone you hadn't as much talked with, in a way anyway. You had to figure out how to move, which steps to go too without stepping on your partners toes(or annoying them as the case might have been).

Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-26, 2:08 am

Ariana sealed the chain, then sighed. "Alright, to start, tell me how you fight, and your physical abilities and powers. It'll help me figure out how to work things." She sheathed her sword again, crossing her arms under her impressive breasts.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-26, 3:00 am

While Adell didn't like her, he would be lying to say part of him wasn't attracted to her. Of course any straight guy would be in his opinion but he tried not to think about it too much. However, it was a bit harder when Ariana brought attention to herself not on purpose. Maybe that made it worse. He did explain and give idea what his powers were, and the fact he could use Ki energy. By this time, Yulina had lost interest and went inside for now, Samantha followed a bit after.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-26, 3:56 am

Ariana seemed to think on this. "I see...this could be a problem. I'm faster and stronger than you, my fire based powers far exceed your own...the gap isn't enormous, but it's still enough that it could cause trouble for us, what with being unable to move away from eachother. This chain adds some interesting possibilities, however...such as, if I were to use it to swind you a bit. Get some momentum, and you were to strike at the enemy as you shot toward them. Our added strength would go into the hit.."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-26, 9:35 pm

Adell nodded a bit. "Yeah, I can see that. We just have to be careful of not going too far when we have to fight without the chain. I'm thinking eventually we'll be able to subconsciously keep within the range if we train ourselves to do it after enough practice. If we can get it to that point, then the less we have to worry about thinking which can be dangerous in a fast paced fight."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-27, 4:17 pm

Ariana blinked, and looked a bit confused at his words. "...It sounds like you have a good deal of combat experience. Surprising, for one so young." She looked to be about the same age despite her words, actually. "Perhaps that's why that man didn't attack your sister head on, instead choosing to be a sneak. I suppose he didn't want to risk fighting you."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-28, 3:07 am

Adell didn't wander about the comment too much, he figured whatever race Ariana was aged slower then normal and at least in human years. If his Ki sensing was accurate enough, he was pretty sure Ariana was at least half vampire of some kind, but the other he wasn't quite sure of. It felt..old though. It was hard to describe but that was the closes thing to it.

"I've had my share of real combat with life or death situations." He admitted to Ariana. "A lot for my age but not people who lived longer and been through more." Adell was thinking. "Do you normally fight with your sword or hand to hand?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-28, 4:01 am

Ariana cocked an eyebrow at the question. "My sword, mainly, but I do fight hand-to-hand at times, sometimes together with my sword. Why to you ask?" SHe was curious as to the reasons behind his question. SHe wasn't sure why.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-28, 9:19 pm

"It's mainly to just get a better idea of your fighting style, every little bit helps in this case. But nothing beats actual experience." Adell looked around. "So how are we going to be practicing with this, doing forms?"

There were a few other training equipment around, a few test dummies, weights and all other matters of strange things. It was mostly junk Adell had picked up, but Adell feverently denied that and said it was all needed; though he didn't use half of it.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-28, 9:53 pm

Ariana seemed to think about it, then nodded. "Hold out your hand and make the hottest fire you can that won't burn you as well." She waited, and seemed to be more patient with him than she was before, odd as that was.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty2010-11-28, 10:43 pm

Adell did notice she seemed to be a bit nicer to him, compared to how they first met at any rate. He began to form a fire ball in his hand, it getting the size of a basket ball. It was very hot though maybe not as hot as Ariana's usual naturally. At the moment, it could have very easily melted steel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Their Ball And Chain
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next