The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Their Ball And Chain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-02, 8:18 pm

Adell noticed Ariana tensed up, looking scared. This actually made Adell worry a bit but she relaxed and a little and closed her eyes, almost seeming to go to sleep. That and she was humming something. Adell didn't know what it was, but it was incredibly beautiful. He never knew she had such a singing voice or would have guessed because she always sounded so different when talking.

He didn't want to ruin Ariana's brief inner peace, so Adell left it alone and allowed her to just enjoy the moment watching T.V.

While he didn't mind the peace, he did wish he and Ariana had a bit more to do. So far he hadn't introduced her to everyone just yet. Adell wasn't sure how Tomoya or some of the others would react to this little bit of news.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-02, 8:33 pm

Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 TheDarkSamurai

Ariana was so relaxed that she let her guard down completely. As such, she didn't notice when someone slipped into the house through the window. THis was not a rare occurance for Adell, however, since Tomoya did this almost every time he came for a visit. He blinked upon seeing a beautiful red headed woman sitting on the couch, Yulina combing her hair. He came around to the front of the couch, revealing his presence to Adell and Yulina, before cocking his head to the side. "Who's this?" It was the new, male voice that snapped Ariana out of her relaxed state. Upon opening her eyes and seeing a strange man standing near her, she immediately freaked out. Unfortunately, this freak out involved her screaming in outright terror, kicking Tomoya in the chest, and knocking the couch over backwards as she tried to scramble away, backing into the wall and curling up protectively, hiding her face and whimpering.

As if this wasn't shocking enough, her kick had sent Tomoya flying backwards, and through the wall. On the other side, he was in an unconcious heap, having taken a hard blow to the head 'mid-flight'.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-02, 10:18 pm

Nobody was quite sure what had happened at first, it had been over before things fully registered. Only thing they knew was Ariana had attacked Tomoya, seemingly startled and he had been kicked through a wall. Ariana was away and on the floor, whimpering.

Quickly, Yulina ran over to go heal Tomoya but she was greatly upset and visbily crying. Only because she thought Tomoya was seriously hurt.

"What's going on?" Samantha then noticed something was wrong, obviously with a knocked down wall and a unconscious Tomoya. "Adell, what happened?!"

Adell thought quickly. "I..don't know, Tomoya appeared and guess he startled Ariana when she was relaxed.." That was an understatement. Most startled people didn't hit you through walls, but Samantha would be able to put two and two together on her own.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-02, 10:24 pm

Surprisingly or not, Tomoya regained conciousness quickly, though laid there and allowed Yulina to heal him. He was bleeding from the head, after all, and he knew his ribs were bruised, if not broken. "Well...that was....interesting...." Ariana was still whimpering in the corner, not seeming to react to anything at the moment.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-02, 11:07 pm

Yulina was making sure Tomoya was still okay, but by the time she had gotten done healing, she had stumbled back a bit, breathing heavily before Samantha was there. Due not being able to control her very powerful Seraph powers and being so young, she was unable to use them without draining herself a great deal.

Samantha sighed, rubbing her temples before noticing Ariana in the corner whimpering. She hadn't really gotten along with the woman at first, but that obviously bugged the maternal woman. "Ariana?" She went over a bit concerned, but kept some distance just in case she lashed out in anyway. She had apparently done that to Tomoya after being startled, though it had been an accident obviously.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-02, 11:16 pm

Ariana slowly peeked out from her 'shelter' at Samantha, her eyes wide with fear. "...Wh-wh-who was th-that?" Her voice was more vulnerable than it ever had been, and she was actually a bit pathetic, some would say. It was certainly how she would describe herself.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-02, 11:56 pm

Samantha's eyes softened a bit at this. "It's Tomoya. He comes here by some times, I should have warned you sometimes he comes in a bit without making any noise." Yulina didn't like the emotions coming from Ariana, they upset her. So she moved from her position from her mother and went by Ariana instead.

In the background, Adell helped Tomoya properly to his feet and over to the couch. In hindsight, maybe he really should have warned some of his friends about it. Of course before then there would be no way to really know Ariana would react remotely like this. There had to have been something much more going on in her past.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 12:04 am

Ariana was generally a rather level-headed, rational person. At times, however, that all went out the window. Like now. "He...h-he's not gonna h-h-hurt me, is he?" If that didn't prove serious trauma in her past, nothing would. Her eyes cut to Tomoya as he was moved to the couch, and she reflexively shifted further away from him. Tomoya noticed, and glanced at Adell.

"Oi, bud, can you walk me home? I admit to needing help getting there. Probably best if I left, so she can calm down. Doesn't take a genius to know she's scared shitless of me. It'll give your mom time to talk to her too, I guess."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 1:57 am

"No. No one is going to hurt you here, I won't let them." Samantha said gently to the young woman. Yulina by this time was hugging Ariana. "Do you want to lay down?"

Adell shook his head, going to help Tomoya. "Can't. There was this guy who put a curse on me so I can only go a certain distance from Ariana. I'll explain in a bit, I'll get to a room.." He lead his friend away in the closes room for now.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 2:04 am

Ariana soon found herself hugging Yulina as well, but didn't care. She glanced up at Samantha, and shook her head. She didn't want to move. Despite actually being older than Samantha, she was acting like a scared little girl.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 3:39 pm

"We'll, we can just site here we don't have to move." Samantha sat down by Ariana in silence for a long time as Yulina comforted her before she fell asleep, eventually. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked in the same gentle tone.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 3:57 pm

Ariana glanced at the now sleeping Yulina, and bit her lip. "It...it's not...it's not a pleasant story. I don't want to burden you....you...you've proven to be a trustworthy person, and you've been very kind despite....despite the situation and my attitude...I don't think I should bother you any more than I already have..."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 4:51 pm

"But whatever it is obviously is bothering you." Samantha said. "I won't force you if you don't want too talk about it, but sometimes its better to talk to someone then bottle them up. If you don't want too that's fine."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 5:17 pm

Ariana paused, then nodded slowly. "I...I lived on the streets until I was five. I don't know what happened to my mother, but my father was killed when I was a baby, and some homeless guy took care of me until he died...and then...then HE came..." There was a mixture of anger and fear when she mentioned this 'He'. "Karia...he found me...he was nice to me...he told me he would take care of me, give me a lovin' family...I was lonely, and he knew just what to say to get me to come with him...he...he took me to this isolated village...nothin' but vampires there...and then...then Karia dropped the act...they beat me...th-they humiliated me...." Tears were falling from Ariana's eyes now, something that was shocking from her.

"They would treat me like dirt...tell me I was worthless....they would starve me, or chain me up and drag me naked though the village while people taunted me and threw things....I...until I was seventeen, I didn't even know that contact with another person could be anythin' other than painful..." This meant that for twelve years, since she was five years old, this had been going on. However, this wasn't the worst of it. "That...that was when they started...t-touchin' me as well...I...I can...I can still feel them touchin' me...can still t-taste them...whenever I g-got pregnant, they would....they would k....they would kill.....kill my baby before it could even be born...they just...wouldn't leave me alone...almost every day, they..."

She was silent for several moments, before she continued. "Tarek came when I was twenty-one...he rescued me...he gave me a home, taught me to fight...I...I loved him...but he only....he only loved that...that bitch wife of his! She...she was vile....insane...some disease had addled her mind...I could have made him happy, but...he only wanted her...and then she killed him...so I killed her...." She wiped her eyes, her gaze hardening a bit. "I...I won't let anyone hurt me like that again...I can't be helpless...I can't...I can't trust...or love...I can't feel..."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 6:06 pm

Samantha stood there in stunned silence for the longest moment, her eyes visibly welling up with tears. She couldn't imagine what that must have been like, going through all that and losing your own children when you got pregnant among everything else.

She went over and gave Ariana a hug. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.." Really, there was nothing that could be said. After the story that shed some light on something's, she was going to be more protective of Ariana then she had been before. She was older in human years, sure, but Samantha felt motherly towards the girl.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 6:18 pm

Ariana tensed at first, but after a bit, she relaxed into the hug, actually returning it. She wasn't used to people being affectionate with her, but she was enjoying it. "...You can...tell Adell. He'll want to know what's going on...I just couldn't...say it to him myself. I have...trouble talkin' to men....especially about personal matters..."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 7:15 pm

Samantha paused. "Are you sure that's all right with you? If I told him you weren't comfortable yet then Adell would worry but he wouldn't press it. It's just how he is."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 7:22 pm

Ariana just sighed in response. "Just tell him...explain it to him so he understands. He deserves to know why I'm such a bitch toward him at times..." With that, she seemed to be done talking, as she hugged the sleeping Yulina closer to herself, and closed her eyes. It seemed she wanted to sleep as well.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 7:57 pm

Samantha let things go with that, standing up and getting a blanket and such for them both. Yulina seemed to be able to comfort Ariana to an extent, so she'd let her daughter sleep by Ariana.

Adell had barely gotten any sleep after Samantha had told him about Ariana's past after Tomoya had recovered enough to go home(Samantha had helped a bit as well). It had..upset him to put it lightly. He wanted to go and beat the the shit out of all the vampires in that village but he didn't even know where they were. He also wanted to help Ariana, but he didn't know how. He was a guy so if anything she wanted his presence far away as possible.

He sighed, looking at the ceiling. This sucks..
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 8:00 pm

When Ariana woke up, she was much calmer and in a better mood. She didn't get up though, seeing as how Yulina was still asleep. SHe noticed Adell on the couch, and cleared her throat. "Uh...you awake?" Her voice was mostly back to normal, though a bit strained.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 8:57 pm

Adell was distracted by his thoughts, rising up a bit. "Yeah..I'm up. mom told me, haven't really been able to sleep after.."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 9:04 pm

Ariana seemed confused by his words. "...Why? Why wouldn't you be able to sleep because of that? It's not like it's your problem. You shouldn't worry about it." It didn't occur to her that he could possibly actually care about her.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 10:01 pm

Ariana could see Adell really hadn't gotten all that much sleep. "..Because, no one should of had to went through the things you did. I want to wring all their necks, but I don't even know where they are. That and I know we tend to fight a lot and you don't like me or men, but I still consider you an friend.." He had come to care for Ariana after the brief times she let her guard down, such as with training and the like.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 10:15 pm

Ariana just stared at Adell with wide eyes, then pulled Yulina gently into her lap, before standing up and walking over to the couch. She laid Yulina down to one side of Adell, then stood in front of him. Then, shockingly, she bowed to him. "I apologize for my behavior up until now, Adell. You didn't deserve my hostility. I can't promise I'll change, because I...have alot of issues, but I appreciate your words. Thank you. I'll try to be kinder and more understandin'....but again, no promises."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty2010-12-03, 11:39 pm

At this, Adell got a bit flustered, why who knew but it wasn't something especially hard to do. "Uh, its fine you don't need to bow. All we can do is try, I won't hold it against you if you snap at me from time to time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Their Ball And Chain   Their Ball And Chain - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Their Ball And Chain
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next