The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Providence

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-08, 11:09 pm

Providence Sample_966bbd6312e24ec840f6d4cd2df31d3d

Tralbat was a small planet located somewhere in the east galaxy; far away from the earth solar system. There was nothing hugely remarkable about the planet compared to others, and it was home to only one fully sapient races naturally. For those who spent time on the planet and sought to see what it was really like, they would find there was more to it then what was on the first glance.

For one, the moon was orange as was the day sky instead of blue. It was unknown exactly why that was, scholars thought it had to do with the excessive mana that built up on the planet. More often then not, people who 'farmed' mana from the planet itself ended up risking hurting it. Tralbat was one of the few cases where taking mana out from under it wouldn't hurt it; it produced far too much and too quickly for that unless someone was actively trying to drain it. From this method, the Tralbit's form of currency was given shape by solid, crystallized mana in various shades and colors; each of different value and rarity.

Due to the planet generating abnormally high amount of mana, it had given birth to some unique things on the planet. Namely, it had some odd effects on the wildlife, mutating them and making them more dangerous and bigger. Luckily, the larger ones tended to stay away from the larger cities and settlements; they weren't interested in small prey unless there was nothing else readily available. This didn't apply to the ocean, that was when incredibly large creatures made fair game to any and everything that wandered the surface of the orange-colored oranges. Product of moon, at night time the ocean would turn orange, while in the day it would appear as normal blue. No one was sure exactly why, but it was guessed it was due to the many strange effects excess mana had on things on the planet.

Years ago, some time after destruction of planet Vegeta, a handful of Sayains ended up on Tralbat. It was a tense situation at first, and in the beginning hadn't seemed like it would work out. However, over the years and due to some of the Sayains actually protecting the natives of this world from various things, tension had lessened considerably. It also helped with the fact the Tralbit were fairly peaceful in nature, though this was the first time they had ever come across another thinking race. In fact, before the Sayains came along, they had used a bit 'dated' technology. It was the Sayains that introduced more mechanical technology into their world. The Tralbit had used metal and the like mostly as conducts for their Magitech.

The fact the Sayains were beings from beyond the stars had caused something of a riff in the older generation of Talbit and younger. To the older ones, it was the belief that there was nothing more out there, and the space and stars were out of touch. To think there was anything beyond was thought as foolish. Now, with the Sayains among them and stories of other beings and wonders from beyond, the old guard had to concede, that yes, there were more out there. There was more out there then they could ever imagine and their small planet was just a tiny speck of something infinitely grander.

It was humbling. It made some feel small.

On the other hand, it just made others hungry for change.

Never the less, it had sparked a change in the culture that would never again be the same. Many began studying, trying to learn all they could about the wonders of 'technology' and how to someday, too be able to make their own ship to explore the stars. The elders feared the older ways would be lost, but this seemed to be unfounded fear, as even the newer generation didn't seem to want to completely part from their roots.

The Sayains were largely located in the main capital cities. Most of them were what was thought to be the 'main' city named Iskadar. It was also where the 'temporary' ruler of the Sayain race, Kaela resided at. She was currently also the strongest known member of the race, as even the Sayains that may have issues with certain things still, didn't dare go against them directly.

Earlier this day, some of the Talbit's had found a unconscious man in some crater. They had no idea who they were, as they weren't Sayains. They didn't have a tail, not to mention they had brown skin; something neither Sayains nor Talbits had(the later even more so, being born with blue skin). The stranger had also come with a little girl who had refused to leave the man's side, they concluded and guessed correctly she was related to the man.

It wasn't the Talbit's way to leave someone injured to just bleed out to death, so they had dragged him to the nearest settlement, which happened to be Iskadar. A few of the Sayain guards who had come along to investigate the strong power level that all but faded when they got there hadn't been keen on the idea. After all, they weren't sure if the man was some sort of threat. However, it was agreed upon as long as they were kept an eye on. That and the fact the little girl likely had to do with the decision to let the dice fall where they may.

After healing the man the best they could with their magic, they had left the man and the little girl who seemed to refuse to budge unless she absolutely had too. While the guards stood at the ready, Marim, one of the female knights went to go find Kaela. This was important and she felt she needed to know. She had the gift to 'feel' aura's, though it was a bit different from Ki sensing, being a gift their race had.

Marim arrived at one of top tower, where Kaela aura was felt. She disdained politics, but she knew it was needed, but it was that reason she avoided things here. Many of the other politics were settled here or other places. Kaela was a relatively busy woman when things started going on.

The Talbit knight arrived at her destination down the hall, two double doors in her path.

Along with one grumpy-looking Sayain.

"I need to pass." Marim said to them. "There's two strangers that came to the planet, I think Kaela and the others should look into it."

"Not my problem." The Sayain said gruffly. "Two strangers isn't worth Kaela's time."

Marim frowned. Why did some have to be so..difficult? "..Don't you think she should be the judge of that?"

"Again. Not important. You can wait."
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-09, 12:26 am

Providence 1-4

"Brusel, enough. What have I told you about being rude to the Tralbit? Have you forgotten that we are living in their cities, on their planet, eating their food? They have been nothing but kind to us, the least you could do is show the same courtesy." She'd opened the double doors, frowning at the identified Brusel. She then looked at Marim. "I apologize for that, Marim. Please, take me to them, you can fill me in on the details along the way." She moved past Brusel, glancing at him. "And Brusel, I suggest you apologize to Marim before long."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-09, 1:03 am

Brusel hadn't been expecting the woman in question to appear so soon, and knew he was going to hear an earful. Trying to worm his way out of things would just make it worse, so he conceded again this time. "Sorry Kaela." He looked at the female knight. "I also apologize to you Marim."

Marim knew it wasn't completely sincere, but she wasn't bothered by it and she didn't really care. There was more important things to focus on. "It's fine. I'll show you where they are, Lady Kaela."

It didn't take her too long to reach the room, a few healers fixing a few things while a couple of Sayains stood guard. They gave their attention once Kaela made herself present; after all on top of being the current leader, she was thought to have the characteristics of a Super Sayain(as well as actually being one). Something that was both feared and respected.

In a single bed was a man in his twenties, and on the edge was a little girl with pink hair dangling her feet and looking down at the ground.

"I'm not sure where they came from."
Marim said. "We found them in a crater, and the little girl with him. The little girl called herself Kate, and said that was her uncle Joseph.That's literally all we know, besides the fact the man apparently might have an immense amount of life energy." She glanced at the child sympathetically. "I don't think Kate trust us just yet, she's been quite and hasn't moved since. Can't blame them."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-09, 1:15 am

Kaela nodded a bit. "Thank you, Marim." She walked over to Kate and Joseph, and knelt in front of the young girl. "Hello, little one. I was told your name was Kate. My name is Kaela, and I'm the temporary leader of the Saiyan people. I'm not going to hurt you, and I'm not going to let anyone else hurt you, so can you tell us how you and your uncle got here?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-09, 2:27 am

Kate wasn't fully trained with Ki, but she knew enough about it from her uncle to at least do the basics, fine tuning what was already there. One of the things she was good at for her age, was sensing. Kate had a fairly good at sensing different energies and the general nature of someone. People who were advance enough could sense if someone was a good or bad person, and people beyond even that could tell other tiny bits about a person's personality. Kate wasn't nearly that advance despite the generic 'good' or 'bad' destination. Despite this, Kaela had a rather calming presence. She couldn't explain why, but it made her feel a bit more at ease around so many strangers.

The young Alusarian shook her head. "We..were just traveling. Uncley Joey used this..technique to get us out of a ship. It was having problems but.." She bit her lip. "..Uncle Joey's sick, he's been having a problem with his Ki. I think..I think it drained him too much to use it to save us." She hugged her knee's to her chest. "This is my fault I wanted to go.." She whimpered.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-09, 2:47 am

Kaela wasn't sure what exactly happened, but it sounded like he'd simply drained himself of alot of his Ki, and would just need rest. She placed a hand on Kate's shoulder gently. "It's not your fault, little one. Please calm down. It sounds to me like he's just tired, but we'll get him into one of our healing chambers just in case." She was quite grateful for the fact that they'd been able to recreate them with the help of the Tralbit. It had been a boon for both races.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-09, 3:33 am

"Okay." Kate said quietly, then slightly more firmer. "Okay." Her hearing picked a bit of stirring from the bed. Joseph was slowly getting up a bit, barely having time to adjust before his niece had him in a death grip.

Joseph was taken back by this a bit, then he chuckled and hugged her back. "I'm fine, its okay. I'm not going anywhere." He soothed, trying to calm her down a bit from what she was.

"I'm sorry for you getting hurt.."

"Sorry?" Joseph sounded amused. "You don't have anything to be sorry for. In fact, you were watching me the whole time while I was out, weren't you?" Getting a slight, hesitant nod he continued. "Then that's good enough for me." Kate released her grip, but still kept close to her uncle who turned to female Sayain rule. His body still hurt, luckily he didn't have to worry about fighting anytime soon. "I'm Joseph Reaver. Sorry for ending up uninvited like this..just where are we?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-09, 10:51 am

Kaela smiled at the scene before her, then stood, answering Joseph's question. "I am Kaela, and you are on the planet Tralbat, native home of the Tralbit and, as of the past few years, new home of the Saiyan race. We will put you in one of our healing chambers in a bit, but first, could you tell us how you ended up here like this?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-09, 12:12 pm

"And I'm Marim, captain of the knights in this area."
The young woman said with a small amount of pride there. "Pleasure to meet you sir Joseph."

"Just Joseph is all right. Sir makes me feel..old."
Joseph was a bit older then he looked, since physically he only seemed to be twenty seven or so. He turned his attention back to Kaela. "As for how we got here, we were traveling on a ship and something went wrong along the way so we had to make an earlier landing. I had to get me and Kate out of there at the last moment. I used something called Instant Transmission to transport us here, after that everything went black."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-09, 12:21 pm

Kaela seemed to think on that. "Instant Transmission... before coming to Tralbat, we briefly stopped on the planet Yardrat. The natives there could use that move. Hirima tried to see if she could get them to teach it to us, but one of our people caused trouble... if I recall, don't you have to know where you are going, or find a familiar Ki to latch onto? I could be wrong though."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-10, 5:09 am

Joseph shook his head. "It's more you just need Ki you can sense period. If you don't feel any Ki around at all, it won't work. I felt a few signatures on the planet and managed to get something going at the last minute. There's a more advance version where you can go practically anywhere without sensing Ki if you know where you're going. Someone I once knew had it, but never learned it from them." He did wonder what kind of trouble but he didn't want to poke his nose in something that wasn't his business. As for his own part, the simple reason he hadn't learned it was because it was Will Galford's technique. Considering how strained things were(on his end) it wasn't really an surprise.

"Anyway, with how things stand now, me and Kate are in your debt. When I'm less roughed up, If you need anything I'll try to help. Within reason."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-11, 12:38 pm

Kaela shook her head. "That's fine." She turned to Marim. "Marim, please help me get him to the healing chambers. I wish to continue speaking to him. Little one, you can come too, of course."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-12, 12:52 pm

Joseph still didn't agree with not doing anything to try to repay them, but for now he decided to let it drop. Mainly because he was too tired. Marim moved to help Joseph move around, he wasn't nearly as injured as before when they first found him but he was a bit sluggish at the moment. To Joseph's relief, he found out he didn't have to strip naked or anything to get inside the healing tanks. It wouldn't have been his first time, however the other time he had been inside one he had been beaten up so badly he had to be dragged.

"How long am I going to be needed to go inside of there?" He mainly asked because of Kate, he was really the only person she knew here. Joseph had been out for a few hours and nothing had happened to her. Besides that, most of the people around him felt like good people.

"I'd say over the night, at the most." Marim noted.

Joseph thought about it, that seemed reasonable. He turned to Kate. "While I'm out, I want you to be good, okay? I'll be back soon. Promise?"

Kate nodded. "Okay uncle Joey. Get well soon!"

There was still some slight reservations of the healing tank. He always thought about the machine malfunctioning and him choking on the water. Logically, even if something like that happened he could have easily gotten out of it but still. Best to get this over with.

Joseph went inside the tank with the air-mask, Marim tapping a few buttons before the machine began to fill and do its work. "That should do it. Now we just have to decide where little Kate will be staying. I believe your grandfather Leeken was also around to talk to you about something, but that can wait as I have no clue where they are now."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-12, 12:55 pm

Kaela nodded slightly. "I see. Find Kate a room as near to this one as possible. Or, if it's not in the way, set a bed up for her in here. Also, please have some of your people look after her. Saiyan's may be stronger, but the majority of us are not exactly friendly, and she needs someone kind and understanding looking after her. I'll go find my grandfather."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-13, 2:23 am

Marim nodded a bit to that. "I will be happy too Lady Kaela. I believe Leeken is in that 'lab' of his working on something again." She smiled a bit down at Kate. "If you like, I shall see about getting us something to drink and eat in the mean time. Are you hungry?"

"..A little." Kate relented, Alusarian's had to eat a lot of food to keep up their energy levels. More with Ki users like her.

Leeken spent most of his spare time working on things in the lab. A lot of the things had a wide variety of uses ranging from making day to day easier, to candy. But always explosions at least once a week. Most would consider the fact things being blown up when it wasn't intended was a failure, but Leeken just said set backs were part of discovering things too.

As far as Sayains go, he was odd. Inventing things wasn't exactly a profession most Sayains went into, and Leeken had taken a shine to it. Even before this, he hadn't liked fighting all that much despite being a rather skilled warrior when he bothered. Now a days, no one really thought the slightly eccentric man was anything too dangerous, until he revealed he did indeed still have his fangs.

"Hm..that didn't quite go as planned.." Leeken said more to himself, the table had been splattered with some strange red ooze, and splattered a bit on himself and his large overalls. Some even got on his protective goggles but they didn't seem to pay it any mind.

When the door opened, showing Kaela, the old man smiled. "Ah! My favorite granddaughter. What brings you here?" It seemed he forgot he even asked not too long ago..his memory came and went at times.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-13, 2:53 am

Kaela raised an eyebrow. "You were asking for me earlier, grandfather." She hugged him, not caring that such displays of affection were not common among Saiyan's. "Marim said you wanted to talk to me about something."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-13, 9:42 pm

Leeken didn't seem to mind and hugged her back before pulling away. "Hm..? Oh, yes, there was something I wanted to talk to you about. This way." The lab he stayed at was actually connected to his home, so he could go too and from as he pleased without interruption and privacy. There was a large assortment of items of all kinds laying around, many of them being from his travels.

The Sayain inventor stopped by a machine on a large table, vials and different kinds of liquids in them. There were two tubes, both of them had water inside of them as well as a plant. Whatever the device was, it seemed to be some kind of mixer.

"This." Leeken said proudly, getting one of the vials, then frowned looking it over. "No, this isn't it. Where is that blasted thing?" A creature that looked like a furret came from the cracks of many scattered items and dropped the vial on the table for him to reach. Leeken didn't seem bothered by this at all. "Anyway." He continued as if nothing happened. "With this, I've found a way to cure infertility. It works for both land and living beings. I had to test it to make sure it was safe, but it does work." He scratched his head for a moment. "It does have the side effect of making one more hornier then rabbits, but I suppose that's a negative or positive on their view. It goes away anyway, after the first hour. Or twenty four. I forget."

He shrugged, it would come back to him. "Since there's been ferility problems I think this will help a lot. I discovered this on accident though when I was experimenting on what earth calls 'coffee' a few wanted to try. It's interesting, if not bland."

How Leeken discovered what was effectively a miracle on accident by trying to make his own flavor of coffee was anyone's guess.

Providence Lab
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-13, 11:04 pm

Kaela just looked at her father in shock, then laughed softly. "Grandfather, you are an odd one, you know that? A genius though. This could be just what we need to restore our race, and even help out the Tralbit as well. The... side-effect is understandable I suppose, if embarrassing, but I suppose anyone using it to try and conceive a child would hardly mind."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-14, 1:42 am

Leeken shrugged once more, putting the vial away safely in some case. He had others stashed away, but no need to waste this one. "Indeed my dear, indeed. I didn't think this would uncover something like this, but the best discoveries are sometimes by mistake. Did I miss anything new? I've been in my lab for the past two days. The Sayain council not pestering you about anything are they?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-14, 1:47 am

Kaela shrugged. "Not at the moment, no. There have been stirrings of them trying to force me into marriage so I can have children, because of my status as a Super Saiyan. They want to 'strengthen the race' with my blood. I doubt they will actually get any support for their wishes though. Our people respect and fear me too much to try that. I think. Anyway, two strangers arrived. A man and his niece. The man is quite powerful, and he apparently knows Instant Transmission. He's in a healing tank, since he drained himself of energy in transporting himself and his niece here."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-14, 3:00 am

At the thought of trying to get his granddaughter to marry, Leeken's mood and face darkened for a bit. The Sayain council was something he didn't have too high opinion of; too many of the older generation in a time that had long since past. To be fair thanks to some..persuasion on Princess Hirimia's part, the council had been revamped a bit to a younger crowd, but it still had its issues. The fact only a month had passed when some suggested about trying to find Kaela another partner so soon had made Leeken absolutely furious.

Sayains did have their own view and culture of things, but it cases like those the person left behind would at least be given a bit more time before something like that was even an thought. It seemed to Leeken, that there were just politics at play. It wouldn't surprise him if one of the older Sayains wanted to have and mold the child something more to their liking. It wasn't anything the old Sayain would tolerate.

What happened to the old days of settling things one on one?

Leeken pushed the other thoughts back, no need to be angry now. Nothing happened and anger made you sloppy unless you focused it. "I see, I see. That is interesting. Talbit doesn't really get that many travelers, a lot of the more advance races pass this place because its undeveloped. Do you know what race they are?" Looks like he'd have two people to talk to later.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-14, 3:26 am

Kaela shook her head. "I don't. I didn't want to ask too many questions of them yet. The man, Joseph, was very tired and needed to recover, and the little girl, Kate, was a bit shaken. Once he's recovered, I'll ask him more questions. I just hope Hirima returns soon, with or without Prince Vegeta. I don't enjoy the politics of leading. Then again, I suppose neither does she."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-14, 4:31 am

Leeken nodded to that. "Makes sense. I understand about not wanting to be involved in our politics. It's not for everyone, or most people." He then smiled a bit at Kaela. "But your mother and grandmother would have been proud of you. You've done very well for yourself. You're welcome to stay the night and rest here. Unless you're needed elsewhere." His granddaughter was a busy woman so you never knew as far as time went.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-14, 11:48 am

Kaela smiled. "Thank you grandfather, but I have things I need to do. I'll come by for dinner if I can though."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty2012-04-15, 9:35 pm

Leeken watched his granddaughter leave. "They grow up so fast." He looked back to his strange pet/companion. "We'll, lets get back to world old friend."

Around the next morning, Marim knocked on the door of where Kaela was staying, she wanted to give her a bit of update on the condition of the guest and a few other things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Providence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Providence   Providence Empty

Back to top Go down

Providence
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Off Worlds :: Alus And Deep Space :: Other Planets-
Jump to: