The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Growing Pains

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-11, 1:51 pm

Some people had commented how adorable Sheila was and had thought at first Reyna was her mother before it was corrected and they apologized. It almost did seem like the three were a family of some sort from the outside looking in if you didn't know them. The more time Reyna and Kieth spent around her, the less withdrawn she got; at a surprisingly quick rate. Maybe all she needed was to be around the right people for a short period.

It helped Sheila that Kieth's presence felt..familiar to her. Reyna she couldn't explain, she just felt comfortable around her for some reason as well. That was a large part of the reason she was relaxing around them and becoming just a bit less timid.

So this is kinda a preview of what a whole family would be like huh?
Kieth thought watching Reyna and Sheila play on the swings. Though he wasn't going to get ahead of himself as far as that, and Sheila by herself was enough. Still, he could now see in person from his perspective why family life appealed to people so much after a time.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-11, 2:01 pm

Reyna found she was enjoying spending time with Sheila. THe little girl was so sweet and adorable. She was definitely not going to be leaving anytime soon. Besides, she wanted to help Keith. he'd helped her, after all.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-11, 7:51 pm

After a bit of that, Sheila decided she was done with the swings for now. However, she didn't feel like going home just yet. So she took Reyna's hand again and when Kieth came closer, she surprisingly or not also took Kieth's hand. The movement completely caught Kieth on guard.

He didn't know what changed her mind, but he wasn't going to complain. He was happy about it. "So where do you want to go to next?"

The girl went quite for a bit. "Could..could..we go to the store?"

Kieth smiled. "Yeah, but what kind of store?"

Sheila just looked in one direction, Kieth followed her gaze and saw what seemed to be a large toy store. "That?" At her nod, he decided to go. Sheila actually was clinging to the two more now, but Kieth didn't mind. Once they got to the store, Sheila released the adults hands and began to look around the place but staying nearby.

She had never actually been in one before. That was why when Sheila finally did, she wasn't sure what to do with herself but she was happy. It didn't seem to take all that much.

It wasn't even the big stuff Sheila was interested in; she got a few crayons, colored pencils and a notepad, showing them to Reyna and Kieth if it was 'okay' for her to get.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-11, 8:13 pm

Reyna smiled softly at the little girl. "Sheila, if that's what you want, then that's fine. Just in case though, feel free to go for bigger things or anything. I'm going to cover it, so you don't need to worry. Kieth will buy these though, because it's important that your father buys you your first toy."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 1:11 am

Sheila blinked a bit, then smiled slightly before taking the book and coloring tools, putting them in the basket. She was excited about getting practically whatever she wanted..except for the fact she wasn't really sure what she wanted to get..so she decided to get a few things that caught her eye. By the time they had gotten finished they had a variety of things: blocks, lego's, a comb, and what seemed to be a few dolls. All and all, it wasn't that bad. It was likely because unlike some other children it didn't take a lot to make Sheila happy.

At the front register, an middle-aged woman smiled at the three. "That's an adorable daughter you two have."

Kieth shook his head. "She's just mine, we're friends."

"Ah. Sorry for assuming then sir." The person at the desk shrugged, then went to work, Kieth paying first and then Reyna for the rest of the things. Honestly he didn't mind the help and it made Sheila happy, though it made him think he was going have to get a better job soon. It was true once he got through with schooling he'd be set, but there had to be something for in the 'now'. But he'd figure something out, he always did when it counted.

Thankfully, since Sheila didn't get all that much, they didn't have to lug all that much around. Not to mention it wasn't that far from home. Sheila wanted to do one more thing, but she was tired so it could wait until tomorrow. Back at the apartment, Kieth began to take the stuff to her room. It was still plain but they could decorate it later, she had just moved in after all.

"Look at you. You got all this stuff, its making me jealous." Kieth teased, as he got some of her new toys and unwrapping them. "Even have..We'll, I'm not sure what it is but it looks cool." Sheila seemed to be relaxing more and more because she sat down by her dad.

After a moment, Kieth got up. "But its missing one thing. Be right back." He left the two for a moment, and came back with a candy bar. "Last one. I thought you might like it, wasn't going to eat it anyway."

Sheila unwrapped the long bar, looking at it, then she broke it in half and offered the other end to Reyna, looking up at her.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 1:22 am

Reyna, who had been standing off to the side up until then, laughed softly, accepting the half. "You are a very generous little girl, you know that? A good trait to have. Thanks, dear."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 2:01 am

Sheila beamed at that, seemingly happy but didn't say anything. Kieth was happy with how things were going so far, just in a single day they both had seemed to crack through the little girls shell she had formed around herself.

The little girl after eating her bar yawned a bit, mouth opening in a small 'o' as she stretched(she didn't really need too though).

Kieth smirked a bit. "Tired kiddo?"

Sheila just shook her head. She was tired, she didn't feel like falling asleep.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 2:54 am

Reyna chuckled to herself at that. "Well, tired as you are, you probably need sleep. Would you like for your father to read you a story?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 3:11 am

Sheila just nodded her head at that, and Kieth grinned.

"We'll, who am I to say no? One second."
Kieth got a book Sheila had got earlier from the store and sat on the bed. Sheila crawled up there and sat down with him to make herself more comfortable. After that he began to read the story to her, he put effort in it, even changing his voice at times to 'help' with the story. Surprisingly or not, Kieth was very good with that, to the point if he wanted he could have easily been a voice actor if he got a break. Whether it was something that had crossed his mind or not remained to be seen.

Sheila was out close to the stories end. Kieth closed the book, putting it on the night stand before gently tucking Sheila in. It was amazing how just having a child could change so much. Just about a few days and it felt like longer, but now that he had her here he couldn't picture what it had been like before. If he had to choose to be with Mary one time and Sheila existing and not being with Mary and Sheila not existing he'd choose the first without thinking much about it.

Kieth made his way quietly out along with Reyna. "You're going to be spending the night over here, right? If so, you can use my room. I don't mind sleeping on the couch."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 3:21 am

Reyna raised an eyebrow at that. "Oh? I thought you'd suggest sharing the bed. I suppose I was wrong. Silly me." Before it really had time to sink in, she touched his arm lightly. "I'm kidding. I wouldn't mind sharing, but I'm still not sure about what exactly I see you as, so it would be cruel of me to do that. I'll still tease you, as it's rather fun, but there is a certain line I won't cross. I don't want to hurt you."

Last edited by Aviaris_Sevanthis on 2012-03-12, 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 3:50 am

Kieth was taken back by this, but he regained his composure. What she said though had him thinking..but he didn't want get his hopes up too high. If it happened though, he couldn't think of much that would make him happier.

He rubbed the back of his head. "..Right. So I'll just take the couch for now and let you use my bed while you're here. I don't think I'm going to be getting to bed that early anyway though. Just a few things on my mind."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 4:08 am

Reyna nodded. "I understand. Don't stay up too late, you have a young daughter to take care of, after all. Good night, Kieth." SHe started for the room, but paused at the door, glancing back at him. "And Kieth? ...You're a good father. Just need some time and you'll be great." She then slipped into the room, leaving the door ajar.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 4:19 am

Kieth watched Reyna leave, then turned to the couch. She had a point and it was a good idea to get some rest for tomorrow. There was no telling what it would bring after all, and just because today had been peaceful didn't mean all of them would..not with Braxus and his thugs around. It made him worry a bit but so far there hadn't been anything out of the ordinary so he would just have to wait.

He hated waiting in cases like these.

A few hours later, Sheila woke up from her sleep in the dark room. She was a bit scared, she didn't like the dark. Braxus had always made sure her place was completely dark so she could 'grow' out of things. She didn't want to move from her spot, but she needed too.

Biting her lip, she pushed herself to get out the bed and to leave the room. It was dark all out in the apartment so she had stumbled around a bit, but thankfully hadn't run into anything. She was looking for Kieth or Reyna, the later who's room was closer to hers with the door slightly cracked open. Sheila slowly made her way inside; it was dark but she could see just enough with the moon shining through.

Reyna was sleeping peacefully on her bed, and Sheila was thinking of what to do. Then, her mind having been made up, she crawled on the bed moving over and surprisingly wrapping her small arms around Reyna's neck. She rested her head against her as she slowly fell asleep, feeling the most safe she had in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 4:21 am

Reyna was woken up by Sheila entering the room, but said nothing, wondering what the girl was doing. When Sheila climbed into bed and cuddled up to her, she was surprised, but quite pleased. She smiled slightly, and decided to just relax and get to sleep. Tomorrow was likely to be a good day, in her opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 9:27 pm

Around the next morning, Sheila would wake up to the smell of breakfast being made. She was still a bit tired but she was also a bit hungry, though she really didn't feel like moving from Reyna at the moment so she instead stayed around until the young woman woke up from her sleep. However, once Sheila was up, she was unable to go back to bed.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 9:30 pm

Reyna woke shortly, and smiled again at the warmth in her bed. "Good morning, Sheila. Did you sleep well?" She rolled over in bed to face the young girl.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 9:44 pm

Sheila actually smiled a bit, nodding. "Yes..did...did you sleep good too Rena?" She seemed to be a bit more comfortable around her at least and had said something more then a single word. So that was a good sign as any.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-12, 9:56 pm

Reyna laughed at that, nodded. "Yes, I did dear. We should get up though. Your father is making us breakfast, we shouldn't leave him waiting. And the sooner we get done with that, the sooner we can continue doing everything you've been wanting to do."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-13, 1:00 pm

Sheila then took the woman's hand as both of them headed out the room where Kieth was cooking. He turned around when he noticed Sheila and Reyna come into the room.

"Morning you two. Make yourselves comfortable and have a seat. You sleep good Sheila?"

The little girl nodded. "Yes. Are we going out today?"

"Yeah." Kieth turned something off on the stove. "But I have to get going to work, but I promise I'll be back a bit soon, around three or so. Not that long of a shift today, so it'll just be you two for a bit until I get back."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-13, 4:06 pm

Reyna nodded a bit at that. "Well, we'll just have to keep each other company until you get back. Play some games or something. Thankfully, Nobus returned my assets to me, under my new name, after my probation ended, so I don't have to worry about work for a very, very long time. Speaking of that, feel free to let me know if you ever need any help at all with money, Kieth. I know you want to be able to support your family yourself though."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-13, 5:58 pm

That was true enough. Kieth did really want to provide for his family but he was also realistic about his limitations. As such, he wasn't going to turn something down like that espeically when it concerned raising his own kid.

"Thanks."
Kieth set down the plate for the two girls to eat. "I'm gonna go now, you two take care." He left the two for now, but he'd come back soon enough and that's when things would get a bit more..interesting later.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-13, 6:04 pm

Reyna smiled at Sheila as they ate, talking only a bit, until they were done eating. Once the dishes were in the sink, she turned to the young girl. "Alright, so, what shall we do until your father gets home, hm?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-13, 11:58 pm

Sheila really didn't know, but she'd think of something. She really didn't care though as long as she was spending time with Reyna however.

Kieth came back hours later, he was just slightly irked about some of the things at work but it mostly melted away when he got back home. Sheila had a calming effect on him and he simply enjoyed Reyna's company when she was around to spend time with him. His parents hadn't visited yet, though he had told about what was going on, so they promised they'd come down when they could. The only thing that truly been out of the ordinary today was the fact he had ran into that Marcus people again and had a conversation.

It was a bit hard to wrap his head around. But somehow knowing a god had helped him, and to an extent Reyna out didn't surprise him. He had met only one(knowingly) in person before and that had been Tiara all that time back.

"I'm home." Kieth only took a few steps in the apartment, closing and locking the door before Sheila came running to him and dragging him along. He chuckled. "What's got you all worked up?"

Sheila didn't answer, not stopping until they reached the living room. Inside was a tower of blocks, though set up in such a way it resembled a building; it seemed they had been working on it since he was gone.

"Hey, that's actually pretty cool." He gently ruffled her hair a bit, Sheila really didn't seem to mind. "You two have fun?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-14, 12:28 am

Reyna was sitting back on her hands, smirking. "Ah, yes. You know, that girl of yours is pretty energetic when she opens up. SHe's quite fun to be around. You lucked out, Keith. You've benefitted from the stupidity of another you." She looked to Shiela. "And you, little one, are a treat to be around."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty2012-03-14, 2:02 am

Sheila beamed at the comment and Kieth smiled. "Yeah. If there is one good thing that came out of this, it was Sheila. Say, you want to head out anywhere today?"

The half-breed thought for a moment, her brain trying to think of something. "Beach..can we go to the beach?"

Kieth hated the beach.

We'll, for a couple of reasons.

However, Sheila was looking at him expectantly and he couldn't really say no to her when she was like that. Then again, he had a hard time saying no period to her.

"Ah..if you want too." Sheila hugged Kieth for that, surprising him but he returned it. "Just give me a minute, I'd have to get my stuff in order."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Growing Pains
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: New York-
Jump to: