The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Never Surrender

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-10-15, 5:27 am

Grave noticed the cue and held his tongue. If she didn't want him saying anything, he was going to honor that. He nodded in agreement to her affirmation of being Niapotu. Kasdeya smiled a little, amused by Seclusion's explanation. While the city guard certainly wouldn't recognize it, she was sure she hadn't been mistaken on the scent. It was too familiar. She went along with it nonetheless. "My mistake. Then I hope your population rises soon."

She paused, noticing her son had something on his mind. "Why did you not seek out my father?" He asked flatly.

"For the same reason I dreaded inviting you in." She quickly answered.

"And you knew I was alive?" There were subtle hints that let him to believe this.

"In my line of work your false moniker does come up often." Her answer was a bit serious. She likely wouldn't speak much on the subject of her job. Grave was silent for a moment.

"It is good that you are well. If you'll excuse me..." He started to leave. Kasdeya stood from her seat.

"Must you leave so early, Grave?" She still had a little trouble addressing him so.

"There are subjects neither of us would encroach upon; it would be for the best if we concluded here for the day." He chose his words purposefully. Perhaps he would return for a visit another day. "And speak freely. Address me however you wish." He left it at that as he exited the home. Grave hadn't held a deep grudge against his mother, but forgiveness was still a ways off. He could not call her 'mother' for the time being. Perhaps another day.

To this, Kasdeya smiled brightly after Grave left. She felt infinitely relieved to hear such words from Grave. "Goodbye, Malech." She said softly. "And you. Seclusion, was it? Thank you very much for watching over my son."
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-10-16, 11:13 am

Seclusion took her leave as well calmly walking behind Graves who she no doubt was wondering why she had kept such a big detail about herself a secret if possible. She ruffled her wings lightly making them change colour before they were seen and turned to look to his mother when she was called "I am not watching over him, he's a big boy he can do what he likes, actaully he's several centuries older than me" she said bluntly to her before she left as well feeling as though a sense of danger had vanished she sighed softly and Deadly looked to her "What is it?"
"I'll tell you both another time, let's find a place to stay for the night early on, I do not want to stay with her" shesaid a slight growl in her throat, "Although I want to find out what her job is, I'lls earch through the information i foudn earlier" she said halftalking to Grave and Deadly and half to herself as she walked into the street letting ehrself wonder towards where they would most likely be staying that night. "Any suggestions as to where we shall stay Grave?"

(did you notice, Niapotu=Utopain backwards)
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-10-17, 6:07 pm

Kasdeya chuckled to herself after the three left, her joke falling flat. She was pleased to know her son was in good health. And he'd found an amusing traveling companion.

Grave walked down the street strangely at ease. He was confused about his mother's conversational topics. Was there some underlying meaning or was he simply over thinking things? He was also curious as to why Seclusion hid her heritage from her. "There." He pointed to an inn reserved for welcomed travelers. Once inside, he procured their room in a normal fashion. He felt like doing things normally for a change. He took a seat within their room, returning to his usual method of sleep.

"Was there something that ailed you earlier? And why keep your status as a Utopian hidden?" He certainly didn't feel all that comfortable in front of his mother, either, but likely for different reasons. If she was truly repentant, it would take a while yet to truly forgive her.

(Haha! No, I didn't! Clever.)
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-10-18, 1:17 am

She looked to him laying down on her front on the bed, thinking a little as haw to explain to him why, "I'm notquite sure why... but something about her just triggered off my instinct to hide" she said "Also I don't like the fact she wouldn't mention her job which again made something warn me at least." she said "It's a hard thing to explain really" she said still trying to think of a good way to explain to him. Her wings ruffled on ehr back before relaxing next to her as she thought. "Also I didn't feel entirely comfortable near her, to be honest I wanted to run or fly away from her as quickly as I could." she said still trying to figure out why she would feel and act like she was and sighed annoyed.
"But until we find out I can't give you an answer other than instinct" she looked to ceiling raising her head before turned her gaze to him "What about you, you didn't seem very comfortable there either"
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-10-21, 8:48 pm

Grave had his eyes closed while listening, he leaned forward onto his upright sheath. "I wondered of that myself. Peculiar, that she would not divulge her occupation. Perhaps she is in a disadvantageous position to reveal such information. Your suspicions are well understood as I have my own." Such was to be expected. After a two-hundred year absence it would be illogical to completely trust his mother. They were essentially strangers.

"My discomfort stemmed from the peculiarity of the situation. She spoke in a seemingly genuine manner whilst keeping information concealed. I only know that her supposition of losing were we to attack was falsified. You could see it as well, I am sure. Had she wanted to act, she possessed the ability slay us." It was confusing as to why she lied about that, yet neglected to attack. "In addition to this it was... difficult seeing her after so much time. When we last conversed, she despised both me and my father. She appears... much different now." This entire event had felt very strange to Grave. While he'd begun to show more emotion as of late, it was still difficult to process them and interpret what they meant.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-10-23, 11:40 am

She nodded "Indeed that appears to be the case here, but I still don't understand how she can detest her own blood despite the fact she is a demon" she said frowning a little "We had half breeds in our city, they were accepted demon blood, angel blood, human blood sometimes they weren't even half but had no wheere left to turn to so we accepted them into our small civillisation." she said remembering the past and her old 'freind' who had been half demon.
"Also you should know by now, do not be deceived by someone who appears different they could be far more deadlier than before." she said she too had noticed peices of emotion shwoing in his actions and tone recently but did not say a word about it to him.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-10-29, 5:41 pm

Grave shifted uncomfortably. "Her disdain for my kind was certainly cruel in timing and nature. She is not of Soul Demon blood, yet her child was. That alone is no justification..." He cut himself off before his words grew sharp. Grave was beginning to become angry at his mother's treatment toward the man she supposedly loved and the child she bore with him. He shook his head lightly and leaned back in his seat.

"Perhaps we may continue this subject another time. I am pleased the city still stands, as does my home." Grave was experiencing a lot of mixed feelings. The strongest was fatigue.

((Now I can't think of anything...))
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-10-29, 7:59 pm

She ruffled ehrwings thinking to herself before her vision started working on him once mroe looking into his soul, not letting the smile crawl to her lips as emotions that were once locked flurried around yet most of them unknown. "Grave you should rest, fatigue isn't very god for the body no matter what you are" she said to him. "You should know that as well considering you occoupation" she said giving a tired yawn before looking outside breifly "Plus your mind and soul are confused at the moment, you don't know what all these strange things are let your body and mind rest while you instinct figures things out for you in your sleep driven darkness" she said
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-11-03, 3:39 am

"Very well. I am rather tired." Grave eased back into his chair, resting. His mind slowed and entered a well-needed peaceful rest. His thoughts sorted much easier in his meditative sleep. The Soul Demon reigned in his emotions and calmed his nerves over night. The next morning, he opened his eyes with a clear mind. The sun's rays seeped through the window. The morning buzz of his hometown was something to be admired.

Grave waited patiently Seclusion's awakening, simply listening to the town beyond the window.

((Sorry. I'm drawing a blank here.))
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-11-03, 5:50 am

Seclusion awakened not soon after, ruffling ehr hair a wings she stretched and moved from where she had been sleeping. "Morning Grave" she said yawning as she awakened from her sleep and stood up, Deadly soon resting on her back, "Well what shall we do today then?" she asked him "I fancy just wondering around this place since I haven't actaully been here before" she said to him in her blunt tone meaning that was what they were going to do reguardless.

(how about his mother causes some sort of trouble?)
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-11-11, 6:31 am

"I agree. I would like to see more of this city and its changes, as well." He answered, standing up from his seat. Exiting the inn, the city had already come to life with activity. A few merchants had temporarily set up shop down the street, drawing in a morning crowd. The construction of homes could be heard nearby as workers rushed to and fro. The residential area was relatively quiet. Few citizens even passed the two as they walked through the city. A small group passed by that caught Grave's attention. For some reason, they were making an attempt to conceal their weapons. Their endeavor to appear inconspicuous only served to make them stand out more.

"A troublesome lot..." Grave observed them and whispered quietly. There were four of them walking rather quickly. Wherever they were headed, they aimed to do harm and do so quietly.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-11-11, 12:51 pm

Seclusion watched as Deadly sneakily took a weapon away with them realising and handed it to Seclusion who hid it beneath her wings moving them to conceal the stolen weapon they had and let her gaze search them breifly, she listened to Grave's word and gave a breif nod to his words "Indeed they appear to be heading in a familiar direction but not to harm who's there to talk" she said to him hoping he wouldn't realise what she meant but she could not and would not lie to someone she had spent a good few months traeling with so she could only lessen her words.

Once they were far enough away she tugged his sleeve and went into the shadows revealing the weapon that had been taken "I know this seal, unfortunatly they are a hybrid of my race...of sorts but not through blood" she said "a specfic race that are the oposite of mine in everyway, also this crest." she lifted it up balancing it on the tip of it's blade, "This is of the hunter clan, like the Alma clan, they are assassins trained to kill, however, you are also in danger here for they hunt your race and used to mine. That is why they are hear and appears they were summoned by someone to" she said to him concern lacing her voice. Deadly looked to her "Unfortunately she is right, they hold the stench of death and very familiar scents as well.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-11-15, 9:12 pm

Grave wore a troubled expression at this news. What business should they have here? He had a guess, judging by Seclusion's words. He understood what she implied. That such a danger would make itself known here... At the very least, this threat couldn't be permitted to stay within the city. "If it is us they seek, we should leave this village to preserve its peace. But firstly, I want to confirm this." Grave stuck to the shadows, maneuvering quickly to catch up to the assassins. His heart sank as they entered his mother's home. Through the front door. Was this indeed another betrayal by his so called 'mother'? Now was not the time to act in rage. Grave dulled his presence and moved closer to the home, motioning for Seclusion to follow in suit. A conversation within the home could be heard through an open window.

"Ma'am. We have spotted the targets within the city. The Soul Demon and Utopian. We're prepared to strike as they exit the border." One of the assassins reported. They were indeed under Kasdeya's employ. Her response shocked Grave.

"No." The assassins looked to each other in slight confusion. Kasdeya continued calmly, a smile perched on her face. "I've changed my mind. Leave them be."

The assassins were taken aback. "That... Are you toying with us?! Those two killed your King! Letting them live is treason! That was not a part of our deal!"

"True, but the circumstances have changed. I think I'll attempt being motherly for a while. It feels good." She sounded sincere, but was also mocking the group of hired assassins.

The sound of swords unsheathing could be heard within the room. "Bullshit, lady. You don't have a choice." Kasdeya didn't move or change her amused expression. "It would appear the Royal Adviser is just as two-faced as the deceased Demon King."

"The previous King was a power-hungry fool. My occupation prioritizes the good of the land, not his greed." Kasdeya stood from her chair. "If you are quite finished, feel free to see yourselves from my property."

One of the assassins scoffed. "Heh. Cocky bitch. I think I'll enjoy learning you some manners--" Blood suddenly filled the man's throat. Kasdeya had advanced and pierced his chest with her bare hand. The other assassins were shocked as they hadn't seen her move. In a flash, Kasdeya spun to slit the next assassin's throat with her hand. She snapped the third's neck easily and pinned the last one to the wall by his face.

"Good day, sir." She cooed. She exerted immense pressure and crushed his skull in a moment. Humming to herself, she made her way to the kitchen to wash the blood from her gloves.

Grave pushed away from the house's outer wall. He was at a complete loss. It sounded as if his mother intended to betray him, only to change her mind. Had the assassins been a precaution to prevent them from killing her? At the very least, he knew she had been the previous Demon King's adviser. Information and knowledge of the country was her forte. She was too much to deal with right now. If she wasn't attacking them, she wasn't his priority.

"They stated they were prepared to strike at the border. There are likely more of them lying in wait." Grave deduced. "If we are to leave without causing strife, we should dispatch them first." Leaving the remaining assassins would only cause trouble for the villagers at this point.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-11-16, 3:34 pm

She looked to Grave sensing his confusion "Look don't worry I'm, sure there is a complicated reason behind it all" she said softly to him.She nodded at what he said "Indeed, let's go or rather maybe I should just go since you have family here afterall, seems as though she really does want to try and rebuild a realtionship" she smiled at him "Plus I have other stuff to do" she was quick to turn her back. "Also don't forget msot trouble does end up around where I am and this place is such a rare area... might be best for the chaoctic to leave it be, so it remains in peace" she smiled a little before she clicked her tongue for Deadly to follow. She didn't want to cause chaos in such a happy peaceful place so she stayed on the boarders she did see the other assassins but tactifully avoided them and Deadly would hunt. She wanted time to think on ehr own and well she did want him to try and reconnect with his mother... maybe or at least talk to her a little more.

(Sorry so short)
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-11-26, 2:41 am

Grave stood in silence after Seclusion's departure. For once, he was completely unsure of what to do. Unsure of what he wanted. Living according to his father's code was a much simpler existence. Now, choices were making themselves apparent and his typical stoic decision-making wasn't going to cut it. It was time to do something he himself wanted to do... It wasn't until nightfall that he sorted things out. The decision came down to what he could do now, as opposed to what could be done at any time. His mind was still clouded, wracked in confusion in the face of emotions he thought long forgotten. Knowing this, he pressed on toward his first destination.

Kasdeya dispersed the magic sigil she'd been holding. A minor communication spell. Now that she had broken ties with the assassins, there were quite a few matters of damage control to attend to. Her job was tiring at times, but afforded her a life far too entertaining to walk away from. It was interesting, watching a post-war country develop and thrive despite its many wounds. She sighed, running through a mental itinerary of people she needed to warn. Or kill. It was then she noticed the door to her home had opened. She sensed who it was without turning and relaxed.

"Welcome home." She said calmly, yet earnestly. Grave closed the door behind him.

"..." Grave made an uncomfortable sound. Having a home was more difficult than it should have been.

Now Kasdeya turned. She noticed the young woman from the day before was not with him. She was about to question him teasingly when she felt he had more than a few things on his mind. "Malech. Speak your mind."

After a few moments, he answered. "...Forgive my impertinence. I seek information." He started. He looked his mother in the eye as he continued. "Anything you know of the assassins that once surrounded this city."

Kasdeya smiled knowingly. "Haa~? So it is about your friend."

Grave averted his gaze, clearly unused to being teased. "If they seek us both for our race as reason, they are merely extremists to be dealt with. Self defense or not."

"I get it, I get it. You want to know where they're coming from, where they're going; all of that, correct? In my line of work, information is an invaluable commodity. What you are asking cannot be given without hefty compensation..." She smiled mischievously. "For you, I shall give a discount. Call me 'Mother' and you debt is payed." Kasdeya almost failed to contain her laughter upon seeing Grave's flustered expression. She thought her little joke may have been a step too far, given their branched relationship. She was shocked at his response.

"...Y-you have my thanks. M... M-Mother." Grave wasn't angry, but this certainly wasn't clearing up any of the clashing thoughts in his mind. Kasdeya, on the other hand, was nearly overtaken with joy. She managed to keep her feelings under wraps, but laughed to herself. A deal is a deal. She told him everything she knew of the assassins and their organization. They were covert, so information was minimal. Minimal, yet useful. They were after Seclusion and Grave for a reason beyond killing. They were very dangerous.

"Come." She beckoned Grave closer after she finished her explanation. When he approached, she placed her hand on his. The sigil she had held before his entrance appeared on his hand for a moment before disappearing. "A communication spell. Call if you require information. Or if you would like to simply converse." She smiled at her son. "Now go on. Hurry along and help your friend."

Grave turned for the door. He rested his hand on the knob and stopped. "...These assassins appear to be relentless." He walked to Kasdeya and unfastened the belt to his sword. "For your protection." Kasdeya's eyes reflected hesitance and sadness as she looked upon the offered obsidian blade.

"I couldn't..." She was breathless. It seemed almost wrong to take it.

"Father kept this, a sword less than thrice the size his own, not as a weapon." Grave insisted. He came forward and placed the sword in his mother's hands, closing them for her. "I believe it was his keepsake. As it was mine. Thus, I return it."

"Malech." Her taunting tone had given way to a soft murmur. She was on the verge of tears. Never had she imagined she would receive such kind words.

Grave opened the door before she knew it. "Be safe, Mother." He left the home in a dash, disappearing into the darkness and leaving behind a woman paralyzed by emotion.

The Soul Demon swiftly charged through the night, his next destination clear in his mind. Survival was his goal, it was time to strike first. He left his hometown far behind to once again enter the chaos of his profession.

((Sorry for my delays as of late, but inspiration has finally struck!))
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-11-26, 1:17 pm

Meanwhile during that time Seclusion had… of course… ended up in the depths of trouble as usual awakening from her sleep she found herself surrounded and frowned. “You lot are boring leave me sleep” she said before she was turned back to face them making her snarl and rip the poor man’s hand off. She didn’t like being disturbed especially when she had a lot to think about. She snapped her teeth at them with wild fire raging in her eyes. “Leave me alone” she screamed angrily and got to her feet lunging at a few and killed them within seconds. She soon sat on Deadly and gave a sigh “I hate this world sometimes.” She muttered most had left before they were attacked but only came back again later on to try and test their luck with her now that she was once again vulnerable.

She looked to the assassins and frowned "I said for you to leave me alone, I just want peace for a change.. let me sleep for the rest of my eternity" she said bluntly. This timeshe just made ehr escape hiding herself somewhere high up in the trees where no one could see her or detect her unaware of wwhat actions Grave was taking.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-11-30, 1:15 am

Idly, Grave stood behind a tree at an obscured distance. He kept his presence dulled to the greatest of his ability. She would detect him if he was not careful and now was not the time to be seen, she didn't need the disturbance. He listened to the altercation between Seclusion and the assassins that had managed to slip by him. Their numbers were great; far too large a group to send on a simple matter of revenge or hunt. The assassins were relentlessly chasing them both. His speculative thoughts were halted when Seclusion gave her attackers the slip. Out of sight's range and earshot, he darted through the trees painted black by the starless night.

A swift snap reached the ears of the other assassins as one of their own fell to the ground, his neck twisted beyond its limits. Another assailant's head was wrapped in darkness before it constricted. His skull was crushed immediately. A still quiet. One by one, the hunters ceased to be in the dead of night. None were permitted to make a sound before their deaths. Soon only one dark figure stood among the fallen. Grave quietly sank back into the thickets of the wood. There he maintained his respectful absence. Silently on guard.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-11-30, 3:14 pm

She turned her gaze hearing the snap and turned to look over her shoulder only seeing the hunters soul fading and raised an eyebrow not quite sure what was going on. She stretched open her wings and took flight finding a cave in the mountain the village was on and sheltered herself there for the night makeing a small fire and Deadly changed form into a much larger wolf to curl around Seclusion as she slept.

Both not knowing of Grave's actions in the slightest completely unaware of him. Well at last Seclusion was Deadly raised ehr gaze later that night and spoke softly "I've noticed you've been following for a while now, why stand so secretly on guard?" she asked deciding might be best not to tell Seclusion at the momment.

(Ok if Deadly Knows?)
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-12-01, 1:31 am

((Of course. Makes sense that she could track him, anyway.))

Grave passively sat on a boulder abutting the cave's entrance. When Deadly's voice called out to him, he was only slightly surprised. Sooner or later he would have been detected, by her first. His response came calmly and quietly, so as not to wake Seclusion. "It is a matter of divergence. The enemy assumes we are not traveling together, thus their group numbers decrease and they are easier to ambush." He had kept quiet at the entrance and relocated if someone drew near. He never drew attention but always sat guard. Back to his old ways of hiding in plain sight. Grave closed his eyes. "And it would seem she desires time for solitary reflection. I would not want to impede"

It was his intention to remain silent for a while longer. The closer they drew to his target city, the lesser resistance they were likely to experience.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-12-01, 5:36 am

She looked to him and smiled "It appears so, she always has momments where she needs her alone time, just to think" she said to him softly "Also I think she wanted you to getmore in touch with your family, since you have some. She knows how precious it can be and also more choas revolves around her these days...It's just not noticable in such times by now" she spoke in an almost motherly voice very soft and quiet as Seclusion shuffled bring her wings over herself curled up into Deadly's fur.

"But what I'm curious about is why your standing guard with such worry" she said "I detect emotions in a far more different way than my companion but why are you worrying when you know she is capable fo looking after herself.. most of the time" she spoke softly waiting for his response to what she had just said to him.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-12-02, 1:51 am

Grave's expression grew stern, recalling the information Kasdeya relayed to him concerning the assassins and their obscure goal. "I am unaware of what these people desire of us. I only know they are very dangerous in numbers. That, and they have captured members of different races." He shook his head. Speculation wasn't going to help. They would have their answers soon. "Regardless of what they seek to accomplish, I will personally see to it neither Seclusion nor myself play a part in their scheme." A short silence of contemplation. "And is it really so strange to come to another's aid?" A small joke made on his part; the first in a very, very long time.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-12-02, 7:37 am

Deadly listened to him "That is strange, maybe there is a far greater plan than your deaths that they are planning which means you are both in equal amounts of danger at this time." she said in a concerned tone to Grave "Also you should know by now even if you were both caught she'd make sure to make it as difficult as possible for them" she chuckled knowing by this point Seclusion wouldn't be awakening any time soon. "And for someone fo your race, from the knowledge I know yes it is. but then you've done such a thing before" she nodded to him. "Anyway why are you trying to hide yourself from her anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-12-12, 7:13 pm

"As I said, I shall remain hidden from her until she no longer desires solitude." Grave answered nonchalantly. He felt it would be imprudent to be seen when she made it clear that she wanted some time alone. Grave was about to speak on another thought when he felt the distant approach of a few souls down the path. Instinctively he reached for his sword, forgetting it was no longer in his possession. "A bothersome persistence... If you'll excuse me." Grave silently darted down the path. The closer he came to the hunters, the greater he hid himself. Leaping up the rocky cliff side, he descended on the unsuspecting search party from above.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2012-12-13, 12:37 pm

The hunters gasped and turend ot him shocked backing up the assassins looked to him panicing a little having found their fallen comrades from earlier "What do you want?" they snapped and one even tredi to attack Grave desperate not to let all their work go to waste in tracking the pair.
Deadly simply chuckled at his response as he left. Not long after that however, Seclusion's eyesopened "What;s going on, also they are getting closer so let's move for the minute" she said drearily.

(Sorry so short, my mind is blank)
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty2013-01-09, 12:17 am

"I seek to be hunted no more." Grave answered calmly before one of the men rushed him. With one swift advance, Grave stepped within the attacker's close range to catch his arm. He formed a spike protruding from his palm and drove it into the assailant's throat. Relieving him of his weapon, Grave continued forward and stabbed through the closest hunter's chest. Another hunter lunged forward in thrust only to have a dark spike pierce his skull from the base. Only one hunter remained, frozen in a hesitant fear. Grave spun around the demon and caught him in a headlock before he could make his escape. The Soul Demon stepped onto the rock face to gain some height, leaving the captive's legs dangling frantically in attempts to find ground.

"Pl-please don't kill me! I'm only a recruit!" The man clutched at Grave's arm to keep his body hoisted.

"I am aware. Your reaction time is too slow. You are no assassin."

"Then you'll release me?! I will not return, I swear it!"

"Answer my questions and the thought shall be entertained. Who would seek us dead and why?" Grave maintained a tranquil tone. This man posed no threat to him, but his superiors likely would.

"I... I-I don't know." The man's reply didn't sit well with Grave. He tightened his grip with a sigh.

"*Sigh*... Torture is of great disfavor to my code. If you would serve me no benefit..." Grave raised his hand as claw-like spikes of soul energy emerged from his fingertips. The man struggled harder.

"NO!! No, I swear upon my life I don't know who hired us or why! Each of us were only told to track and capture you both if possible. Dead or alive, it didn't matter so long as the body was retrieved! That was all!" Grave pondered on the information for a few tense moments. Only their bodies were required? Perhaps for necromancy or some other foul ritual. This sounded like no simple bounty; Kasdeya's intel rang true. Now, for the matter of what to do with this man...

Grave's reasoning for the decision was unclear, but the man fell to the ground gasping for air seconds later. "Go. I suggest procuring a new line of work." The man scrambled to his feet and took off down the path as fast as his legs would carry. The Soul Demon wondered if letting the man go was a wise decision and why he'd done just that. Regardless, further interrogation would only waste time. He knew the location of their superiors and the terms of his capture. In the morning he could travel to their city and confront them, but for now he would ensure Seclusion achieved the rest she so desired. He silently followed them after gaining stealth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Never Surrender
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Off Worlds :: Elsewhere-
Jump to: