The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty
PostSubject: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-02, 6:31 pm

Tyler wondered, and not for the first or last time if there was such a thing as karma. The belief that depending on your actions, bad things would happen to you, or very good things. Of course, in his time he had seen good people get utterly wrecked and destroyed by strings of bad luck while bad people more or less got away with things.

The Shinra company had gotten theirs in the end, for the most part though it had taken years. Now they were replaced by the World Regeneration Organization, to cope with the past misdeeds. Tyler didn't think certain things could be taken back, but they were making an effort.

But if certain things can't be taken back, where does that leave me?

It wasn't something he liked to think about.

With a bit of effort on his part, he hauled himself out of the bed of his incredibly small house that laid more or less in a complete mess, magazines and the like were every which way. There was also a few posters on the wall, mostly of places and such he had been too. In the corner was a worn out T.V. that still managed to work somehow, Tyler was too cheap and sentimental to get another one(belonged to his old man)

Turning on the T.V. he switched it to the news as he begun getting dressed. He didn't shave completely since he was purposely trying to keep the slightly 'grizzled' look as someone in the town of Rehan had called it. After getting dressed, he promptly shut off the T.V. as there was nothing of interest going on that he could tell.

Rehan was a small town located in the mountains, a sort of a get away from people of various origins. The place was mostly peaceful, though most having bad past with Shinra, tended to dislike anyone who had ties with them until it collapsed. Tyler had gotten to know this first hand when Kenji, a old man from Wutai got into a fight with him and broke his nose, proving that with the right training a normal human could handle people Mako enhancements.

Now though, oddly or not they were friends now they had gotten to know each other. That been years ago.

About a month ago, strange things had been happening, monsters that normally weren't seen began appearing more and more frequent, and people had been reacting strangely. That is, more violent. Nobody knew what was happening, but there was always talks about anything from aliens to Sephiroth coming back.

It all would have been ridiculous, if not for things that had happened in the past.

Another strange event was two strangers coming about a month ago; Camlo and Kyco. Camlo was a tall woman with blue hair, and Kyco was a kid(around ten or so) with silver hair and red eyes, but her bat-like wings made her stand out. Naturally this startled the people in town, thinking Kyco or both of them might have been experiments when Shinra was around. It took some time but they became at ease around them. They weren't Shinra experiments, but they never went into detail of just what exactly they were, and Tyler couldn't blame them.

A large part of this acceptance had to do with Camlo killing a monster that had attacked a young boy and his mother who had left the village. Usually, Camlo had fought with a wicked-looking scythe of some kind but she hadn't brought it with her that time, and used her bare hands. Tyler remembered distinctly of one of her hands turning into a black claw to rip the things throat out. The way she moved and the way she fought, it was obvious it wasn't anything new to her. However, getting anymore details was like telling a rock to move.

After that, the town had become more accepting, though even before then Kenji had taken a liking to Kyco, she was rather hard not to like despite her unusual appearance. Things had calmed, but then just the other day, a strange person had arrived wounded. They didn't know anything about them or their name but Kenji had dragged them there and insisted he'd keep an eye on him--it wasn't surprsiing to Tyler, the old man didn't trust newcomers right away coming to 'his' town.

That was where Tyler was currently heading too, he just wanted to check on their 'guest' to see how they were coming along. They were at the moment resting in a infirmary they had made some time ago as they didn't have a proper 'hospital'(it was the closes thing to one in this small town in the middle of nowhere, really)

"How are they coming?" Tyler stepped inside, seeing Kenji against the wall, arms crossed while Kyco was sitting in a chair, legs slightly swinging.

"Not sure yet boy." Kenji didn't instantly look at him. "They said they should be all right, just not sure when they'll wake up, not too long though."

Tyler, in response, shrugged. "Long as they don't cause trouble, I don't care."

Of course, saying that was like a challenge. Trouble would indeed be coming very soon, just not from the stranger.

Last edited by Sion Reaver on 2012-03-15, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-02, 7:45 pm

The events that led him to his current situation, like much of his past, would be left behind him. Things like regret, doubt, and fear were alien to him even after all his time living on humans the fringes of human society. He knew only to move forwards, to act, to adapt. The creature had shifted him to another realm in it's death throws, and now he simply had to deal with it. He had been summoned and bound to protect humanity, and the people of this new world were human. Thus, he was still bound to his oaths, and would continue to do as he always had.

He awoke to the muffled sounds of conversation in the next room and he listened to the short conversation as he assessed his situation. His wounds hadn't been serious, and he was healing nicely, at least in part thanks to the basic treatment. He sat up slowly, scanning the room he was in before finally gaining his feet. Much of his chest was bandaged to steady broken ribs and bind stitched wounds.

Wearing a pair of black cargo pants bloused over a pair of sturdy combat boots, Aiden pondered his situation briefly. His gear was not present, likely stored somewhere else for the moment; being seperated from his weapons did not leave him nervous. If these people were a threat to him, then it wasn't likely they would bother tending his wounds, right?

After a moment longer to gain his bearings, Aiden finally made his way to the door, not making any effort to be quiet about his movements before opening the door to step out. He was a tall man, but slender of build, well toned and even with a hint of a tan. Few scars marred his flesh where the bandages didn't cover him.

He took one step through the door and stopped to survey his surroundings once more, giving each person present a brief, if polite, nod. The two men had a confidence of bearing that marked them fighters, but the child...she was odd, certainly, but he had encountered far stranger over his many long years and he afforded her a ghost of a smile with the nod.

"I do not cause trouble, lad. And I am not so far gone that would need bother you any longer, sir." He looked to Tyler and Kenji each in turn. He stood perfectly still, not even a hint of wasted movement, with his hands clasped lightly behind his back, elbows slightly bent. A military man's stance, feet shoulder width apart and head high, shoulder squared off. A comfortable stance, once you were used to it.

He should have asked where he was, should spend some time getting to know about his surroundings. But that could come later, once he was no longer a burden to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-03, 12:24 am

It was true one of the head healers said their guest would be up shortly, but Tyler wasn't expecting it to happen this soon. That wasn't normal; not with the wounds he had gotten. If he didn't know any better, he would think he was part of SOLDIER, but being around Shinra long enough when it had been around he knew what to look for. The guest in front of them didn't have the glow of Mako, so that theory was likely out unless there was some other experiment, Gaia knew Shinra had done all kinds of inhuman things.

Tyler waved a hand. "No, you're fine. Besides, you haven't healed up completely yet and its not going to kill us to have you around for a week or so."

"No, no. Absolutely not."

The voice came from a small, petite woman probably standing more then 5'0 at the most. She was in a nurse uniform of some kind and had graying black hair and eyes. There was a kindly, motherly aura about her if not a bit pushy.

Kenji had to say something. "Now Nalina, the man says he's capable of moving out on his own."

"You say that when you had your own broken ribs stubborn husband of mine." The woman introduced as Nalina said. "I forbid it. My husband Kenji dragged you all the way here and I don't want you throwing away that work. You need at least a few days of rest at the least. Then I promise I'll let you go after that."

"But Nalina the man said he was fine." Kenji argued futilely.

"When I asked you the last time you had broken your arm did you say you were fine?"

"..We'll..yes but-"

"Then I have to see it for myself. Men around have a tendency to be stubborn and think they're invincible." Nalina looked at her husband, who crossed his arms and tried to save face but was failing as he had lost the argument.

Tyler barked a laugh. "I wouldn't cross her if I was you, Nalina is stubborn as they come. Besides a few days shouldn't hurt. Name's Tyler by the way, and those lovely people are Kenji and Nalina. It takes a bit to get out this mountain area anyway, I'll show you the way after you're healed up."

"Hi, my name is Kyco. What's your name?" Kyco, apparently, if nothing else had no problems what so ever with the stranger, looking at Aiden was curious and innoncent red eyes. She might not have been human in the biological sense, but mentally she was no different from any other kid.

You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) KycoSilver-haired
Back to top Go down
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-05, 12:55 pm

(OOC: Sorry, a little weak but I'm hitting my head against a rock to hammer this much out. Just gotta shake the rust off.))

Aiden's brow furrowed slightly as he watched the conversation without otherwise moving. The elder woman was certainly demanding, while the elder man had sense enough to know Aiden would be just fine in no time. The entire thing was over soon enough however, and he dismissed the entire conversation once they had apparently come to a decision. He would stay under their care for one more night to appease the woman and then be on his way. On more night's rest certaintly wouldn't hurt after all.

"I am Aiden." He smiled warmly to the gathering, but was then distracted by Kyco's introduction. The child seemed...untouched by the weight of the world as only children can, "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Kyco."

Then he turned his attention to Tyler again, "I have many questions. I am not from these parts, and am not fond of being unsure of my surroundings." It was a sensation he hadn't experienced in a very long time; he had been just about everywhere there was to go on Earth, but this place was that world.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-05, 5:26 pm

(OCC: Me too man, don't sweat it.)

Tyler was starting to gather the man was a bit out of his element, just judging by the clothes he had on him when he had been dragged by Kenji here. "You're in Rehan, a small town located in the mountains, if you want to be more specific, the planet Gaia. I'm guessing you're from that place called..Earth right?"

"That place some others said they were from?" Kenji confirmed.

"Yeah. Also the place Gaia is having trade with, some experimental technology that allows them too and back from earth. It's still in its early stages of how things will fall there though.." Tyler looked at their guest. "If you're from this earth place, we might be able to get you back home."
Back to top Go down
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-07, 10:16 pm

"Not originally, perhaps, but yes." Earth was not what he would consider home; even after so long, Acheron was still his home; the endless battles there had been a simple and fullfilling existance, although nothing like what he had known these past centuries. Were he ever to return, he knew that he would no longer 'fit in.' That he had been irrevocably changed by his countless centuries on Earth, but much like a normal person's fond memories of a childhood television show, he continued to remember his Home fondly. As long as it was never revisited again.

He studied Tyler a moment then shrugged indifferently. "I have no deep routed desire to return; if the opportunity were to prevent itself, then so be it. But, as they say, home is where the heart is, and that I carry quite closely." He grinned warmly and tapped his chest over his heart before resuming his at ease stance, looking at the others in the room. "However, if I am to stay here a while...I should brush up a bit on this world."

He took everything in stride; if he were stranded here forever then...well there were few surprises left to him on Earth, few places that he had not already visited. A new world to explore could help keep him from growing complacent.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-08, 2:38 am

Nalina was curious about this newcomer, but she wouldn't press with questions that weren't any of her business for now. "We'll have to talk later, I have to get going to take care of some other sick patients. If there is anything you need, just ask." After that she left, leaving the group alone for now but there would be no doubt to those who knew her she would be back later.

"I kind of wanted to go to earth myself." Tyler then shrugged. "Doesn't matter either way to me, just to see something different. In case you're wondering, your weapons are put away in the old man's place." He said, referring to Kenji. "Not exactly something a normal traveler takes with them on a stroll, but its none of my business what you use them for."

The 'old man' ignored the comment, as he usually did, it was just how the two were. "I'll give you a history book to brush up on, just no Shinra garbage."

There was the sound of slight foot steps approaching, before a woman with blue hair and a cloak stepped within the building. She had yellow colored eyes; an clear sign she wasn't completely human like Kyco. Other then that, they appeared human besides the slight pointed ears like Kyco but they neither clearly were Elves of any kind. The others in the group seemed to know her, and Kyco happily went to greet her.

"Camlo! We have an guest."

'Camlo' smiled gently and placed a hand on the girls head. "I see, that's why I came actually I heard." Her gaze focused on Aiden for a moment, then introduced herself. "I'm Camlo, one of the protectors of this village. And you would be?" It was subtle unless you knew where to look for, but the slight and careful walk, the way which she carried herself; she was definitely a very experienced fighter that had seen a lot. The only person(besides Aiden, obviously) that came close to that feeling was Kenji, and he was by far the oldest not counting their guest.

You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) CamloWillow
Back to top Go down
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-10, 1:29 am

At Nalina's departure, Aiden nodded his head in a sort of informal bow and a quick 'Ma'am' as she made her way out of the room. He seemed comfortable despite his strange surroundings, and he looked to Tyler with a hint of a grin for the comment about his gear. "I would have had more but lost a few in that last fight." He patted his chest lightly to indicate his wounds.

"You can't possibly have lived long enough to havebeen everywhere there is to go in your own world lad." He smiled warmly though; he could understand the motivation though. Some sought a clean slate, others simply a chance to go somewhere new and exciting.

He had no idea who or what this 'Shinra' was, but it was clear that it wasn't popular. But, one could not truely understand a place without knowing the good and the bad. "Thank you, Sir." Every little bit would help though, and he could expand once he had a working understanding of his surroundings.

Aiden glanced at the door moments before Camlo entered, and couldn't help but chuckle when she asked his name. "I should take to wearing a name tag should I?" He glanced at Tyler and Kenji, clearly just making a bit of a joke. "I am Aiden, Miss Camlo."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-13, 9:34 pm

"Just Camlo is fine, I don't think titles fit me." Camlo paused. "Not that its stopped people from the village from calling me things after I helped them. It's a bit much for me."

"Lad?" Tyler questioned. "You don't look all that much older then me to be honest, but I get the feeling you're not completely human like Camlo and Kyco here. Not that there's anything wrong with that. If that's true I wouldn't go into the business of advertising it though. Most won't care, hell I remember some strange talking lion thing with a flame on its tail. It was part of a group called AVALANCHE, nobody really thought twice about it and I heard of it."

Kenji just nodded. "I'll get some of the history books, I'll be back." He left the same way his wife came, letting the 'younger' people converse.

"So..what's earth like? Is it like the one we came from?" Kyco asked Aiden.

Camlo noticed the slight slip, and added something she thought wouldn't hurt. "Me and Kyco aren't native to this realm either. We aren't even native to this Multi-verse to put it into perspective."
Back to top Go down
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-14, 5:50 pm

"Wise observation, Tyler. No, I am not human." He frowned briefly, finding the situation of AVALANCHE and it's talking lion a bit odd. Such a thing would have caused no end of trouble on his Earth, no matter the creature's intentions. Kenji's departure was met with much the same style as his wife had been, a slight bow and 'Sir,' then he was looking to little Kyco with an amused smile.

"I couldn't really tell you, child, as well...I've no idea where you might have come from. 'My' Earth, there are only humans. At least as far as they were aware for the longest of times. Ignorance and fear lead them to believe they were the only intelligent species on their world, and anything 'different' was met with hostility and fear. And since there was only themselves, that hostility was often directed to followers of different religions, or people of different skin colours." Thousands of years later and he still found that odd; he was a creature of War, true, but the wars fought on Earth rarely made any sense to him. They were always for power and money and disguised as ones of religion and belief and situational concepts of 'good' and 'evil'. They were messy and pointless.

He then smiled ruefully, offering a bare hint of a shrug, "I am of one of the Elemental Planes. These various dimensions, the different Earths and mirror planets...I much preferred it when I had only one planet to worry about."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-16, 3:57 pm

Tyler raised a brow. "It sounds like that place isn't the best place to live at if you're different. Then again, this place sure as he-" He corrected his words a bit with Kyco present. "-As heck has its only problems. I don't know too much about this realm and dimensional business, I just knew about earth. And now you're telling me there's more versions of earth?"

Camlo nodded, this, if nothing else she had some more experience in. "Back in my own Multi-Verse there were various realms and dimensions, some were even just alternate time-lines with the same people, though different events. For every choice, there's an consequence, no matter how small. And those consequences create new dimensions and the like. A friend of mine called it the 'Multi-Verse' theory."

"To the point though, your earth Aiden sounds somewhat similar to ours, though it was a bit more tolerate as there were others of different races. I can only guess that the earth Tyler speaks of just may be the 'prime' earth."

"Whoa, slow down, you lost me. What are you talking about with 'Prime' stuff?" Tyler was interested in this stuff but some flew over his head.

"Usually, there has to be an original." Camlo began. "An Alpha to a dimension, if you will. It's from this first that all the others are spawned, hence why its called a 'prime' realm." The Heartless was thinking for a moment, but she had to ask. "You said you preferred when you had only one place to worry about, are you a guardian of some sort?"

Last edited by Sion Reaver on 2010-12-20, 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-20, 1:43 am

He let Camlo carry the conversation and explanation, grinning briefly as Tyler tried to keep his language in check infront of the child. He was certainly familiar with foul language, but had little use for it himself. It was all a concept he understood but had never really dwelt over much. He had little doubt his birth realm was the original such, but the Earth he had lived in...well he had no reason to think of it as not the 'Primary.' When the conversation came back to him, he stopped studying the room and looked to Camlo, once more offering a friendly smile and a slight nod of his head.

"I am at that, I suppose. I was Bound to protect humanity from things it could not defend itself against." There was no negative tone to the statement; he had nothing against those that had brought him to Earth; it had been a worthy goal, and the past few millenia had been fulfilling in his mind. He was aligned to order and law, and the conditions of his binding were perfectly suited to him.

He shrugged then, still standing at ease and apparently untroubled by his injuries. A normal human would at least have been left weak if not entirely bed ridden, but he payed it all little attention. "The conditions of my binding were vague, however. I am charged to protect humanity, but while those that brought me forth never specified it as being all of humanity, I doubt they had much understanding of mirror worlds in those days. Much was clouded in mystery back then."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-23, 1:54 am

"You, myself and Kyco have something similar in common." Camlo wasn't sure if she could trust this Aiden completely just yet, it was too soon. She could however tell him something's that wouldn't compromise the safety of herself or anyone around. "We were created by science by man in another realm. The main purpose was to protect humanity; sentient beings in general really. However, some of the scientist got greedy and wanted to make mass-produced versions of us..as weapons."

She said the last part with distaste. "We escaped and eventually ended up here now. Out of our group, only me and Kyco are the ones left. Even now, we seem to be following our original design, but its our choice. That is, if ours or any free will exist."

"I'm of the opinion that anything with a brain-" Tyler pointed to his head. "-And a heart." He then pointed to his head. "-Can think for themselves. I don't know Aiden, but I doubt he'd be doing what he does if he didn't genuinely want too. Same for you guys."

Camlo didn't immediately answer, she seemed to be thinking. "..I suppose.."

Kenji finally came back, grumbling something under his breath but he had a thick book which he handed to Aiden. "Here. If you want your history best to start there."
Back to top Go down
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2010-12-28, 6:49 pm

"Typical. Humanity has often steered down dark paths for what they think is an easy reward. But, they are young yet. A few thousand years is hardly a blink of an eye in the grand scheme. I've little doubt that the humans of my world would have tried the same with me had they ever had the chance." He shrugged slightly, although he could only guess the trouble the two girls had gone through in their lives. To have been forged in a lab to such a task was despicable however, as it was unlikely the two had had anything resembling a life. He had known nothing but conflict, but that was the point of his entire existance. They were likely constructed of human stock, and for all their apparent love of conflict, they needed more.

He watched Tyler a moment, giving what he said some thought. Aiden couldn't even picture himself not doing what he was doing...case in point, the articles and conditions of his binding made it impossible. But, knowing that, he still could not fathom why he might want to do anything else. Again, it was the entire reason for his existance even before his Binding. The Druids that had brought him and his kin forth had done their homework.

Then he was turning to face Kenji moments before he entered the room, glancing briefly at the book in his hands before reaching to accept it, "Thank you, Elder. Shouldn't take me long to get through this, and then at least I will have an idea of what I am deaing with here." He grinned, patting the book's cover before tucking it under his arm.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2011-01-01, 1:37 am

Camlo herself couldn't imagine living in a world where your daily existence revolved constantly around conflict. Technically, she had truly only been in this existence for a few years despite her appearance as those who created had made her with the body and mind-set of someone in their twenties. Kyco she had guessed had been given her apparent age because they had been curious of what her development would be like once she fully turned into an adult. Even with her relatively brief existence she had become more then a bit..weary of conflict.

How Aiden could endure it constantly and still be relatively well-adjusted was something the Heartless wouldn't be able to figure out just yet.

When Aiden said elder, Kenji paused but seemed pleased. "Now, it seems like someone here besides Camlo and Kyco have some manners. Tyler, you should take some notes."

Tyler, of course, answered seriously. "I would. But I forgot my pen and pencil."

"Not what I meant boy." Kenji said, going back into his corner. "Once you read that up and feel well enough to move around, I'll show you around before you leave."

Too bad the tour will take like ten minutes knowing how small this place is. The thirty with Kenji lecturing or talking doesn't count. Tyler thought to himself.

Kyco wasn't one to sit idle and she had more then a few questions directed towards their guest here."So Mr. Aiden, did you fight a lot of bad guys before? Like..like.." She tried to think. "The boogeyman?"

"The what?" Tyler asked puzzled.

"It's a earth culture thing." Camlo shrugged. "I don't know much about it, but some monster or spirit that hides under children beds. I've found many legends of that nature to hold truth to them but that's the extent of my knowledge. We were created to deal with another threat in particular, many of the other supernatural things I only have passing knowledge of."
Back to top Go down
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2011-01-06, 3:19 pm

Aiden cast Tyler a grin and shook his head at the antics, before being distracted by little Kyco. He seemed to ponder her question a moment, as he never really kept any track of his battles. He could remember each vividly, every scrap of useful information that might be gleaned from encounters even thousands of years ago. With no way of understanding how a human's mind worked, he could only consider his seemingly endless tide of memories as normal, without comment or sparing it a second thought. But, the 'Boogeyman' had been a fairly recent opponent and was quick to come to mind.

"The boogeyman, yes. A corporeal spirit formed by the communal beliefs and fears of children. Difficult to track, as it had no consideration for physical travel, being little more than an embodiement of belief." Much as he had once been on his native plane, once he spared it a moment's thought. Not that it disturbed him in any fashion; he and it were totally different after all.

"A troublesome creature, however, as it returns from time to time. Or that a new one is formed, I should say. Belief can be a powerful thing at times. Unfortunately, humans can be somewhat pessimistic...they easily believe in the darker aspects of life. A creature formed of positive belief is a rare thing indeed." He shrugged indifferently; such things were not for him to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2011-01-11, 3:22 am

"I kinda heard about pessimism could be bad for your health, but that's just ridiculous." Tyler had heard of a lot of strange things in his short life. About that freak dubbed 'Jenova' that was actually an alien life form, the fact the planet was technically alive, Kyco and Camlo being in essence a creation Hojo would be rolling over in his grave for now.

Still, this was the first time he had heard of anything being born of emotion.

"..Wonder if Santa is real.." Kyco said more to herself then anyone in particular.

"Just goes to show you there's no point in being so negative." Kenji grumped, focusing on Aiden. "When you're feeling a bit better before you go, I want to spar with you. Just an friendly match, its been a while."

Tyler then hoped Kenji had brought his pace maker with him.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2011-01-11, 10:30 pm

Aiden just smiled faintly and cocked his head slightly at Tyler, "Where do you think I came from? An entire Realm devoted to the notion of War. I have traded blows with things from all times of human development, as well as beasts and creatures, Demons and Angels. Anything that could, has, or does exist is mirrored there as concepts reflecting their truths."

"I am an embodiment of the concept of Honourable conflict. Of duty and the belief of right. Luckily, the truth of that belief is the common opinion of 'right' and 'wrong.' Belief of right and wrong is a very odd thing, differing vastly from person to person." As always he continued to hold that exact same stance, having not shifted a muscle asides to turn his head and apparently breath, and he continued to sound friendly rather then delivering a stern lecture. "Belief is powerful. To believe you can succeed, or that fail is the only option, colours the outcome of an action drastically. Creatures spawned of belief rarely take form in the material world however, most often they must be summoned forth, usually for a purpose, such as myself."

Then he looked to Kyco and smiled warmly, having heard her whispered question, "He is if you believe he is, child. And as for your offer, Elder Kenji, I would be both honoured and grateful. A chance to learn the fighting styles of this world would be appreciated. Knowing is half the battle, as they say." An embodiement of War or not, he was on a foreign world, one he knew next to nothing about. Learning first hand how things were done was necessary if was going to adapt. "Whenever you wish it, I am willing." He would even do so now, despite his condition, but accepted that it would be wise to recover a bit first.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2011-01-15, 8:57 pm

Kyco was wandering what Aiden meant by that. Did that mean if she believed in Santa, then he was real somewhere else or something else? She didn't really know what he meant by it so she kept it to herself for now but knowing her she'd bring something else sooner or later.

At the acceptance of the spar, the small Heartless child frowned. "Aw..but I wanted to spar against Aiden.."

Naturally, Kenji resolve crumbled rather quickly to this since Kyco was closes thing to a sentient kitten. "We'll..I suppose I can hold off it until you have your turn."

"Really?" Kyco asked and the man just nodded which seemed to make her happy.

Tyler looked amused. "You can stone wall monsters and soldiers, but the kid get you to crumble in no time flat."

"You're not any better." Kenji retorted simply.

"True. You got me there, I got no defense."

Camlo shook her head, and then addressed Aiden. "If you do decide to spar with her then its only fair you know she's a lot stronger physically then she looks. We do have some practice weapons and training area so it won't be that much of a hassle."

Back to top Go down
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2011-01-18, 10:51 pm

The child seemed down right harmless, and Aiden frowned down at her in confusion for a moment. Children were supposed to enjoy playing, and animals and drawing, not the chance of testing their combat prowess. At least, that is what he understood of children. But, if she had her heart set on a round with him, then so be it. The child was not exactly a 'normal' human child after all, and at Camlo's warning he decided to simply go along with the decision without protest.

He offered Camlo his usual warm smile and a greatful nod of his head, "And what of you, Miss Camlo? Once I have recovered a bit, did you wish to spar as well?" He hadn't been in this world more then a day and he already had a full schedule. How did such things happen?

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2011-01-29, 2:47 am

Camlo slowly smiled a bit herself. "I'm afraid I'm going have to decline the offer for now, maybe next time later. For now I'll just watch you spar with Kyco, I know she needs the practice." She wasn't too worried about Kyco. The thing people most people didn't know at first glace was the fact was that she was far stronger then she looked. In a way, her childish looks and behavior was there just to throw people off balance more then anything.

"I guess its settled then." Tyler got up finally. "Follow me, I'll show you where the normal sparring is at. Some light exercise won't hurt anyone here." He then left out the door waiting for the others to follow him leading all the way to a large open area in the middle of the town. What made this difference was the fact there was a built in fence blocking what almost looked like a mini arena off. There was sand in there, or so it looked like.

Tyler led the whole group inside what was known as 'the pit' by some of the kids. There were make-shift weapons as well, all made out soft material so they wouldn't seriously hurt anyone. "Go ahead and pick something Aiden, same with you Kyco then I guess we can get started.."

Kyco, happy about this eagerly rushed over to get a scythe, not a real one of course but it almost looked real. It was a odd weapon choice for a girl her age, though, and in a way made her more intimidating then what she was normally.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2011-02-01, 11:15 pm

"I look forwards to the opportunity, Miss Camlo. Some other time then." Aiden wasn't worried about appearances, and going outdoors bare chested (other then the bandages) didn't bother him. It was his first real glimpse of the village, and he found the odd style of construction curious. But then he was led into 'the pitt' and he focused his attention on the matter at hand. Kyco, for all her innocence and youth was drawn to the scythe without hesitation and her stance with it spoke of an unusual confidence. He simply watched her for a moment, studying the way she controlled what should have been an awkwardly top heavy weapon. It had been mentioned before the child was stronger then she looked.

Satisfied that he would glean no further information from the child, he finally turned his attention to the racks of practice weapons. Keeping his injuries in mind, he skipped over the heavier weapons he might have preferred to counter Kyco's choice. He had to cancel her reach without hampering his speed, and in the end he settled with a ghost of a frown on a simple wooden sword, drawing his fingers along it's length to seek any faults in the wood. His thumb rubbed a circle across a knot in the wood, finding the faintest hint of a crack that reached through the depth of the blade. His hand tensed, muscles strained up his arm, wood creaked and with a final twist of his hand the dense wood snapped in half. He discarded the broken peices and seemed to find no fault in his second choice.

With a weapon selected Aiden then stepped back towards one side of the ring, opposite Kyco, taking a relaxed stance, one foot slightly forwards, body turned away from her and the practice blade's tip resting against the sand and his forwards most toe. He seemed relaxed, shoulders slightly slumped (at least compaired to his usual straight backed stance), body seemingly loose and at ease, his gaze never wavering from Kyco, although he still wore at least a hint of a friendly smile. "Ready when you are, Miss Kyco."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2011-02-04, 3:31 pm

"Huh? I'm not old. You don't have to call me miss." Kyco said somewhat confused, or at least that's what she thought anyway which caused Tyler watching in the background to try not to laugh.

The young girl crouched down slightly, feet planted apart slightly shoulder length. Then without warning she lunged, moving at an inhuman speed towards Aiden; far too fast to be a normal human. Her scythe didn't go left or right, rather surprisingly or not she used it more like a spear for her first attack thrusting it forward towards his center. She had a plan.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2011-02-09, 9:02 pm

Aiden just smiled softly at her moment of confusion, but was back to business the moment her stance changed. Pure offense seemed the child's opening strategy, and by the time she came at him he was already planning his responce. She was fast, but he had guessed as much from what they had mentioned about their origins. And he already had a few subtle hints on just how strong she might be.

She covered the ground in an instant and Aiden was ready for her, dropping into a very low crouch, hands slightly spaced a bit wider on the long hilt of his practice sword for added stability. The weapon snapped up to catch Kyco's scythe at the base of the blade and shaft, and then he retaliated. He stood and spun to keep the blade tucked tight against her weapon and moving a bit quicker then she had been running to keep her from being able to catch her balance unless she simply let go of the weapon.

His intent was a bit more exotic then his usual style, but there was a chance Kyco might find it fun, especially since she was still a child. He'd try to swing her aruond as he spun, and if she hung on to her scythe she'd be spun about in the air before he'd let the scythe slide off his blade and for her to land once more.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty2011-02-18, 9:24 pm

Kyco was in fact pretty surprised about how he was able to catch her blade. But it was more of him swinging her around that at first caught her off guard, but she adjusted quickly actually finding the spinning a bit fun. She caught herself in mid-air once she was let go, her bat-like wings making her land somewhat gracefully on the ground, though she did almost loose her footing a bit.

"That was fun, but I'm not done yet!" Kyco was aware that charging Aiden might not be the best idea after he caught her blade so she decided on a slightly different approach.

She darted forward at the Elemental warrior, then before getting close enough suddenly lifted off the ground with her wings and strafed him from his side. In the air she was much faster then on the ground, though she kept close to it. Kyco attempted another strike on his person, this time what she hoped was his left 'blind side' as the scythe came into an arc. Since it was a practice weapon, it wouldn't hurt all that much even with the 'blade' that and Kyco didn't really like to hurt people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)   You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet(Open)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next