The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Autumn Light (AU)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HanakoHime

HanakoHime

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-11-26, 2:06 am

The smell of incense, the sound of music filled the air. Laughter echoed from rooms of the large Inn as people walked down the halls companies by women dressed in elegant kimonos, their faces painted in white as the typical look for all geisha's.

Sitting in a room with many others enjoying the entertainment was a young women, her black hair hung freely down her back with a red flower hair ornament pinned within the locks. Her kimono was a soft pink with flower petals falling free from a sakura tree. In her hands was a harp, a pick in her one hand as she plucked each string. Sweet music rang from each string filling the room and people continued to speak and enjoy the other women that were in the room with them.

Typical life for a Geisha, entertaining men and making them forget the early hours of the day. These women were not whores or women to be bought for pleasure. One bought only their company and their entertainment, they helped the men relax and take life slowly if only for an hour or more.

The women playing the harp, continued to play her eyes closed of course when her eyes did open they were yellow, a rich gold that one would only find in the finest of noble homes. Hidden beneath her hair were fox ears that at the moment were folded down a bit so one could not see it. She was a half demon and only a few knew of that, or even her story.

Her name was Eruru and she had lived in this Inn her whole life, she lived in the more nicer servant quarters but the owner of this establishment had raised her. Eruru had been brought here as a baby, no one knew who her true parents were; but some figured because she was a half demon she was not wanted and thrown out of her 'family' home. Eruru did not care of where she came from, this Inn was her home and the people inside her family.

Using her free hand, she reached into one of the folds of her kimono and pulled out an autumn leaf and put it on the pick she was using to plunk the strings. As she did each string seemed to flash with light, causing some to look over at her and others chuckled. One sitting next to a man whispered with a smile

"Eruru, a charming girl with such beautiful skills. She is only one of the few who has the skills to make either their music or dance enchanting."

The women smiled up at the man she sat next to, and poured him another cup of Saki then turned her head to watch Eruru's performance smiling. Eruru was about the only girl who could use the skills she got from her unknown father. By herself she had learned to use her fox magic to perform for others, always happy to see their smiles and relaxed faces.

The night wore on like it usually did, Eruru had excused herself after the hours she had played. Even a geisha needed rest and relaxation from the world she lived in. Moving along the halls of the inn and spa she headed out to the gardens. Moving over to a willow tree, she placed her hand on the bark.

No noise from inside the building could reach her here, her fox ears twitched to just the soft sounds of the wind blowing through the leaves. Her bushy tail flicked back and forth and the red fur on both her ears and tail shimmered in the light.

"I wonder what the outside world is like."

She whispered to herself and to the wind, since she could remember she always imagined what the outside world was; for Eruru has never stepped foot outside of the Inn and Spa she had grown up in.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-04, 2:44 am

There was a strange blue vortex of energy that hovered just about the young half-demon before it spat a very strange man out and into the ground, painfully. They pulled themselves to their feet on somewhat shaky legs, leaning against a tree.

"That..could have gone better I admit.." The strange man said to himself, he was dressed in clothing that made him look painfully out of place.

Autumn Light (AU) 80017aae7464d080be186a10b3f941aa
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
HanakoHime

HanakoHime

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-04, 11:39 am

Eruru did not notice the vortex till the man suddenly flew out from it almost landing on her, she would jump back staring at him. Her golden eyes just staring at him she was in stunned silence her ears and tail flicking back and forth.

She had seen some 'strange' things in her life seeing as demons did roam the earth so she was not freaked out entirely just by how he looked, and with the way he just appeared. Her ears would twitch upwards her hair that had been covering them falling away.

"Um....Excuse me...w-who are you or.....a-are you a demon?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-04, 2:42 pm

The strange man blinked a bit, but then offered what he thought was a charming smile noticing the young half Fox-Demon. "Oh, no. Not a demon, though I'm friends with both full and half demons back where I'm from. My name is Darrien Maxford, sorry if my eccentric entrance startled you. It tends to do that a lot. May I have your name?"
Back to top Go down
HanakoHime

HanakoHime

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-04, 2:58 pm

She stood there, she didn't know if she could trust this man after all he had just suddenly appeared and he was diffidently an odd man. Looking around she first looked back towards where she knew others were still sitting and staying, also in the direction of the buildings entrance. Her eyes would then scan around the garden itself then back to him.

"My name is Eruru"

She would give him a graceful bow or one that she was costumed to, she would then let his name roll in her head several times. It was a strange name one she had never heard before, or even thought she would hear.

"Darrien-sama if I may be so bold as to ask....where exactly are you from? You look nothing like the men I have seen, your kimono is very strange"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-05, 3:37 pm

"Me?" He questioned. "I'm from Alus originally but I usually end up staying in Japan or New York it really depends on what I'm doing but I usually just wander." Darrien, not knowing he was back in time wouldn't know that the Fox-Demon wouldn't know about Alus or New York. Odds are they wouldn't know much of anything regarding Lord Reifer(at least much during this time) among other things.

Darrien looked down for a moment. "This isn't an kimono, its just a typical dress shirt and over coat and pants. Where am I exactly?"

Perhaps I was over zealous in my research.
Back to top Go down
HanakoHime

HanakoHime

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-05, 3:43 pm

Eruru stared at him like he had like 5 heads her head tilted to the side. These places that he spoke about she had never heard of she had seen maps and neither of those two places had ever shown up. At his question to where he was she snapped out of her thoughts and bowed her head.

"My apologies you are in the Red Rose Inn and Spa."

Raising her head she looked back over his appearance and she would then speak again.

"Alus and this New York is that where you come from?"

She asked staring at him, her head tilted to the side.

"I have seen many maps of the world but these two places I have never seen on them, are they new?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-06, 3:01 am

"New? No, no they are hardly new.." Darrien was puzzled by this, his brow knitting together.

This is truly odd. Alus, I can get her not possibly knowing but New York? He looked at the guest. And she isn't in the middle of nowhere so this doesn't make sense to me.

"Miss." He began. "If I may ask, just what is the date and month? It seems small, but its important I know this right now."
Back to top Go down
HanakoHime

HanakoHime

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-06, 5:39 pm

"Its December 6th 1220 sir" (I looked up the years Feudal Japan was and it was 1185-1868 just thought you'd like to know and I wanted to be some what accurate)

Eruru stared at him, this made just didn't make sense. He wore such strange clothing and the places he spoke of just never came to attention. She had seen many men come in and out of the Inn each speaking of where they had come from, but the two he spoke of never once had been spoken of.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-09, 4:05 pm

That can't be the right time..

Darrien took in his setting more, everything was old fashioned, the girl didn't know about either New York or Alus something that was impossible to not know unless they lived in some completely isolated backwards area. Judging by her clothes, even old fashioned, they were of good quality and definitely not cheaply made so that theory was out for now.

If he had went back in time, then from everything he understood of time-travel it wouldn't change the present rather it would make an alternate time-line. Even so, he would need to be careful

"I..see.." Darrien finally spoke again. "I'm afraid I'm rather..lost here. If you would be so kind to show me a place I could stay I would greatly appreciate it."
Back to top Go down
HanakoHime

HanakoHime

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-09, 6:26 pm

All she could do was watch him, after all he seemed stressed out about something and finding out the year it seemed to spook him more. She felt a bit concerned, was this man some sort of demon trying to trick her? Or was he just a lost man who just happened to stumble onto something that even himself could not understand. At the question of where he could stay her thoughts snapped back to reality and she would just smile.

"You can stay here sir. This Inn is one of the best it even has the area's best Spa located here, A room will not be hard to find for you. Or um different clothing if you request it"

She would then turn and start walking out from the garden, then turned to look back at him.

"this way, if you also want some dinner or anything else just ask one of the other girls you see. Or come find me. My name is Eruru"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-11, 1:47 pm

That relieved the man a bit. Though for someone who had gotten stranded back in time he honestly didn't seem all that bothered by it at all. Then again Darrien was confident he would eventually be able to find his way home. In the mean time, why not enjoy his self with this rare opportunity?

"Nice to meet you." She already mentioned her name, but it never hurts to make sure. "Also, just Darrien is fine for everyone that works here. Sama is a bit too formal for someone like myself."

Hm. Money may actually be an issue but I think I can get around that.
Back to top Go down
HanakoHime

HanakoHime

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-16, 3:29 am

She would look at him of course she knew she repeated her name, she wanted to make sure he knew it after all he had seem so flustered before. Brushing her hair back slightly off her shoulder, giving him a hint of her fox ear slightly.

"I'm sorry but all quests are given that title...the Inn Keeper wants us to give the up most respect for all clients"

She did not want to seem rude but that was just how she was taught, she moved to a door and she would pushed it open and she waved her arm inside.

"This is were you can stay Damian-sama, you can find a spare kimono in the closet"

She stared up at him hoping this was alright for him.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-16, 4:19 pm

We'll, I suppose if this her way I can't complain.

Darrien was fascinated by the old style, though. Human cultures had always interested him, in particular Japan since something about it had drew him in. Earth and Alus were similar in the sense that they both were home to many different races and the fact together they created a 'melting' pot of sorts. A melting pot of different cultures and backgrounds.

"I think this will be fine, thank you." He said turning to her. "How much does it cost to stay here?"
Back to top Go down
HanakoHime

HanakoHime

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-16, 4:34 pm

She watched him and smiled glad that he liked the room at the question of price she would tap her chin thinking.

"well its not that much this room is one of the many cheaper rooms but you still are given full access to meals, baths, entertainment. So for this room just 100 Yin is the price that that gives you three nights"

The inn was known for its far prices that were also cheep so in a way because of that they made a lot of money for their deals. And of course he was given food, baths and entertainment for all of that as well.

"If you wanted to possible work here so you can stay in this room that can be arranged as well, you get free board and food."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-17, 5:21 pm

Working here? Darrien wasn't too sure about it, then again life was an adventure and he always did like to try new things so why not? If nothing else it would give him stories to tell and bug Ray about later when he finally got to return home.

"I wouldn't mind that and it would give me something to do." Darrien reasoned out loud. "Who would I have to talk to about that? I don't exactly have a lot of Yin on me so my best bet is to work here for a living until I get on my feet."
Back to top Go down
HanakoHime

HanakoHime

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-26, 10:04 pm

"My mother wont mind....I mean the inn keeper"

She stated rubbing the back of her head, she had a habit of calling the owner Mother since she did raise her. Brushing back her hair a bit she would look up at him again.

"As for the money if you work here this room will just be taken out of your pay its not much as I said. Fair deals you get paid well and have a room and food a long with a daily use of the baths. You can get settled and I can go talk to her, she more than likely will say yes to you staying and working"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-26, 10:47 pm

It was hardly a bad deal, a rather good and fair one from the sounds of it. At the end of the day he really didn't have too many options. If he was going to survive in this time then he would have to take whatever ofers or deals he could.

"I would appreciate that, thank you." Darrien paused. "And I promise I'll pay you back for this somehow someday, it would be the least I could do after this."
Back to top Go down
HanakoHime

HanakoHime

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-26, 10:51 pm

Shacking her head she just smiled at him. "Its no problem at all Darrien, think of it as a gift to a friend." She would then turn and start down the hall "if you need anything Just ask for me and I'll help you as best I can, other wise the cook will be your best bet he runs everything when Miss Sayuri is unable to"

(Sayuri is the Inn keeper)
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2010-12-28, 11:58 pm

"Is she in right now? I think its best I talk to her right now and get things cleared up. Certainly, she would want to know why some stranger suddenly has taken up in her home." Darrien wandered just what kind of woman she was like, hopefully she was the pleasant sort. Difficult people were something he liked to avoid when he could.
Back to top Go down
HanakoHime

HanakoHime

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2011-01-29, 12:06 am

Looking at him she would then think about it for a moment he did have point that it would be best that Miss Sayuri would know of him. Nodding her head she would push a lock of her hair back and then smile.

"Well I will go and find her, she might be busy in the kitchens or in her office. I'll tell her that your here and I am sure she will come visit you the moment she is free."

She smiled warmly at him.

"For now she will not mind you taking the day to getting to know everything and relaxing."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2011-01-29, 2:50 pm

Darrien wasn't too sure about this, but if she insisted it was fine then he would go with it. The Technomancer was curious of how things were done in the past and what was different. While he had studied and read about the past history of Japan, living in it and studying were two different levels entirely altogether. You could only learn so much by studying, but to actually live there gave you a whole different perspective altogether.

He sighed a bit, but smiled, shrugging. "Very well then, I'll take up your generous offer. But please, if there's anything I can do let me know. Until then, I'll be resting." He left the young Geisha for now and headed back to his supposed guest room.

Darrien, Darrien, what have you gotten yourself into this time?

He took off his long coat and placed it to the side before crawling into the bed after closing the door. There was no telling what awaited him tomorrow and he wanted to be ready. That and according to Ray he was one of those 'freak morning people'(it wasn't His fault everyone else was so grumpy during those times)

Soon enough, he fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
HanakoHime

HanakoHime

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2011-01-29, 4:50 pm

Eruru would just nod and when he went into his room she would just turn and leave, she had some other chores to do before she could even have her dinner for that night, but of course she would first go to Miss Sayuri's office to tell her of Darrien.

Moving down the hall she headed for the office and when she got there she raised his arm and knocked against the wood of the door, a soft yet stern voice came through the paper and Eruru pushed it open and smiled at the older women.

"Evening Miss"
"Eruru so good to see you my dear, are things going alright?"
"Yes I just wanted to tell you that we have someone who, if it is alright by you miss that can stay and work here."
"Oh? This is the first time you have come to me with such a thing, who is this person?"
"His name is Darrien, He is not from around here and I felt wrong to ask him to leave when he has no knowledge of this area"
"You where always so kind, alright well I shall make up a chore list for him for tomorrow and get him his uniform"
"Thank you Miss"

Eruru smiled warmly at the old women and Sayuri chuckled as she sat there.

"I shall have everything ready by the end of the night be sure to stop by here again to take it to him"

Eruru would bow her head to Sayuri and would then turn and leave to head off to do her chores and get her dinner for the night.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2011-01-30, 2:11 pm

Darrien woke up the next day rather early as he was prone to do, but instantly knew he wasn't back at his usual place. For one the bed felt different, two everything was decorated a bit differently from where he was back at home. Lastly, there was no Ray yelling at him to pipe down and go sleep like normal people when he woke up to do his normal routine.

With all that said he could safely say it hadn't been an dream.

He retrieved his glasses from the nearby night stand to put them back on before getting up and stretching for the day. While he might have been(temporary) stuck in the past he was going to make the best of it, and if he got to get to know the lovely miss Eruru then it was a bonus. The Techomancer had a weakness for the girls, especially the nicer ones.
Back to top Go down
HanakoHime

HanakoHime

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty2011-01-30, 4:50 pm

The inn was still asleep some what when he woke up but the sounds of movement from outside could be heard, but it was still muffled. Eruru was awake always had gotten up rather early then again it was cause she had morning chores to get done with before the 'customer's woke up for breakfast and then more entertainment if they where stilled signed into the guest list.

As promised Sayuri had left the chore list and the new uniform for Darrien at Eruru's door and she would pick it up moving to his room which ironically was not to far from her own room, moving down the hall wearing a simple plain kimono her hair in a braid hanging over her shoulder. Moving to the door she would raise her hand and knocked.

"Darrien? Are you awake? I...I um brought the clothing and chore list Miss Sayuri made for you."

She did not know he was awake nor even if was even there, but she did not want to just barge into his room encase he was 'indecent' or something else, her cheeks went a bit red at the thought and she would raise her hand again and knocked again.

"Darrien-sama?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Autumn Light (AU) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autumn Light (AU)   Autumn Light (AU) Empty

Back to top Go down

Autumn Light (AU)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next