The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Sickness

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

The Sickness - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-02, 10:48 pm

Sesshomaru wandered just who had told Ignis that. It wasn't exactly a hugely known thing since it was still relatively new and the fact the idiots at the council hadn't done anything about it. The reason he thought they might do something stupid was the fact they had been trying(and failing) for a long time to get with a female Dog Demon. All the attempts hadn't ended like the council had hoped.

He didn't think Ignis was going to be a threat to his and his own so there wasn't any need yet to over anaylze how she had gotten the information for now.

"It's going well." He said. "There has been a few bumps in the road recently but otherwise, its not something I can complain about. It's been..interesting."
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-03, 3:38 am

Ignis actually looked a bit concerned for a moment, but it passed. She nodded, and oddly, winked. "Well, good luck with all of that. Also, as a show of good faith, I'll let you know something. My source?" She grinned. "It's a secret, 'Sesshy'. Can't let the council know, they'll throw a fit at her." Calling him Sesshy was as good as saying 'Leila is my source'. It would be obvious only to people close to Leila and Sesshomaru.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-07, 5:47 pm

Ignis and Leila are friends?

He wondered why she never mentioned that to him before. It was something else he was going have to talk to Leila about once he got back home but for now, it was just a thing to store away for later. Ignis, on first impression didn't come across as a bigot, not that he expected she was given her reputation of even fighting other hunters from time to time.

"I see." Sesshomaru left it alone after that, not wanting to bring attention to it out in the open. "I also met the Hunter sisters moments ago they were..not as I was expecting them to be."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-07, 6:50 pm

Ignis chuckled a bit at that. "Yeah, those three are a trip, aren't they? Good people though...the eldest sister, Eirin, can be kind of scary sometimes though..." She frowned, then shrugged. "It's fine though. I'm more worried about the youngest, Saika. I get the feeling her recklessness will get her seriously hurt someday. Told them that, but they didn't seem concerned..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-07, 9:17 pm

"Often when you're young, you feel invincible especially, given if you're that young with a reputation and power behind you." He glanced where the sisters where at. "But I get the feeling there is either more to that story, or its not what I think. I suppose we'll never know."

Before Sesshomaru could continue, one of the senators said it was about to start, so he had to return to his seat, for the moment.

An older senator went to grab the floor, first anyway. "As all of you know that are here, we're here to debate the plus and minuses of having 'free lance' hunters around. It's come to the attention of many that the current status quo is unsustainable. Therefore, its within the best interest of all concerned parties to state for or against making Free Lancers illegal. With that, I'll leave things off with my colleague Espen Goldsmith."

He sat down just as Espen got up, adjusting his tie. "Thank you senator Jordan. I'll get to the point, as I'm for making Free Lance Hunters illegal. It's something that's part of our past that we have to change. That was from a time where supernaturals and the like weren't regarded the same as humans. We have learned this is hardly the case so the way things are set up as flawed."

"With all due respect, Goldsmith, what do you propose happens on making Free Lance Hunters illegal?" Another person spoke from the audience, an older gentleman. "If we outlaw it, surely the ones who don't have the best intentions will simply go underground." He pointed out. "And that isn't something else we need to worry about."

"I know." Espen said, inclining his head once, thinking of his next words. "But you also have to consider it like this as well. With Free Lancers Hunters, its much like getting a gun license. There are background checks and the like before they could get a hunters license. However, this simply isn't enough on its own. For one, we all for a lack of a better term are human and make mistakes. Hunters sometimes kill in their line of work, but what if they make a mistake? If they are judge, jury and executioner this could lead to problems and has in the past, even when they had their heart in the right place."

"That's why we have a justice system in the first place, so those type of mistakes don't happen as much. I'm not saying its perfect, its flawed and too needs to be worked on but the way we have things now we can't continue like this. It needs to be fixed and soon."

Espen finished, after answering the man's questions. "But if anyone has something else to add or say, now is the time."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-07, 9:42 pm

At this, Ignis decided to stand up, clearing her throat. "Uh, if nobody minds, I'd like to say something?" In response, Eirin smiled.

"Well I certainly don't mind. After all, you are the prime example of a Free Lancer, and one who does good in the world, so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to speak. I'm sure there are no objections?" The sweet, closed-eyed smile on her face was...oddly intimidating.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-07, 9:44 pm

Espen nodded. "Go ahead miss Ignis, that's what this is for. A forum to voice our opinion on it." The other senators agreed, even those who were against the whole free lance hunter thing. At the least everyone was calm and civil about the whole thing, which was good for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-07, 10:28 pm

Ignis nodded, and got a fairly serious look. "On one hand, I agree that things need to change. However, outlawing Free Lancers isn't the way to do it. The ones causing the problems currently hide behind a twisted sense of justification. They curb their violence just enough that normal people don't really realize the problem. They come up with bullshit explanations, to make themselves seem like the good guys. Outlaw them, and there would be no point in them to do this. What would the result be?"

Here, Saika spoke up. "The fuckers wouldn't feel the need to act like the good guys, and so would have no problem indiscrimantly killing anyone they want. OW!" Saika fell out of her chair and cradled her foot, Eirin having just stomped on it.

"Mind your language, Saika. You are correct though."

"...Right." Ignis seemed amused, but continued on. "Also, limiting those Free Lancers like myself, or my father and Damon Kenzy before me, will only hurt things. The other Free Lancers, the ones causing problems, they fear ones like me, that fight against them, because we are as free to act as they are. Limit our ability to act, and we are less able to deal with them. My proposal is simple. Don't restrict us; aid us. Give us the extra resources and backup to better deal with them. Give us the information to find them, instead of making us search for it ourselves. We need to work together."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-08, 1:44 am

Espen waited for her to finish, thinking about what she said, he did agree with most of what she said. "Miss Ignis has a point. I suppose I was letting bit of personal bias and experience get in the way, for that I apologize."

"We could start something like a school." One of the senators offered. "Nobus has a outstanding program that many have to go through before they can fully become a member. Why not start something for hunters? At the least, some sort of home base that can regularly regulate them just a bit more, but maybe a bit more flexible. Something of a middle ground. This is of course just a rough draft idea. We also need to remember, this would apply simply to Japan for now, since its not a universal law. At least, not yet."

"Yes, but we should also consider the fact-" Espen voice was cut off as the doors broke open.

A strange, vaguely humanoid creature that had a grey body and the same colored wings came into view. They were covered in a bright, white light and it was hard to look at them for long periods of time, the color was a deep golden. It was also noticed, that many of the weaker people had a problem moving, in fact they were on the ground by some unseen force, as if being close to the things power was crushing them. People like Espen, Galena and Ignis weren't phased as much, but would have a harder time moving as fast as normal.

Sesshomaru frowned, standing up, ignoring the strain. No rest for the weary, but the creature doesn't smell like anything I've ran into. He would have to be careful, he couldn't go all out in such an enclosed place with so many relatively normal or weaker people around. He didn't rush though, he was playing it cautiously since this was a relatively unknown opponent.

"Lesser creatures."
It said, its voice was attractive but seemed to echo..but something was off with it. "I have come on behalf of the Lady herself to inform you that this realm, along with the others are to come under the Lady's kind and benevolent rulership. We of the mighty Devar race do not wish pointless lose of life, so we offer this kind offer to relieve your control. If you do not, we will make you submit. This is your only offer, consider it carefully."

Then the creature was gone in a flash of bright light, and the effects lifted as did everyone else.

Predictably, the whole place was filled with noise.

Sesshomaru grunted irritably. Five minutes. Five minutes was all he asked, he felt a headache coming on. It also made him angry the things presence had effected him that much to even effect him a little bit, and the annoying hypocritical part of its speech. As if trying to forefully change someone's rule was a kind method. Ridiculous.

"We'll..I suppose this matter is about cleared up but we have another." Espen didn't sound too happy as he talked more to Ignis and Sesshomaru, who was really close by really.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-08, 1:53 am

Ignis was not happy. In fact, she was downright pissed. Even with people stronger than her, their mere presence had never been enough to noticably effect her. When that....thing, had come in though, it had felt like gravity had shot up. Her hand was clenched on the hilt of her sword, and with the way her eyes were flitting back and forth over nothing, she was obviously deep in thought.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-08, 2:48 am

Sesshomaru calmed down, then began to think about the situation. For one, he had never heard or smelled such a creature before. He didn't know where it had come from or what these 'Devar' were capable of and as such, he didn't know where to begin. He needed more information. After all he had a family to protect and he wasn't simply going to roll over and stay idle.

"We should perhaps begin to prepare if this is their goal." Espen said finally, trying to break Sesshomaru out of his thoughts.

The Demon Lord nodded a bit, starting to focus. "Yes. I'll see about talking to some people in the Demon Realm, if what this 'Devar' creature say is true about taking over the realms. Do you know anything about something called a Devar?"

"I'm afraid not." Espen said simply.

"Hm.." Galena finally stepped in, not seeming lazy for once. "That name, I heard it somewhere before but I'm not sure where." She looked around and saw a feather from the creature, picking it up before handing it to her older sister to take. "Eirin can look into it. If anyone can find something about it at all, she can."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-08, 2:59 am

Eirin took the feather, looking it over with a suddenly analytical eye, as opposed to her normal cheery demeanor. "...I'll run some tests, find out what I can. My scientific expertise rests only in the medical and biological, so this falls right within my territory. I'll get right to work. Saika, stick with Galena. Galena...don't be lazy." With that, she hurried out, presumably to head to her lab at home.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-08, 3:34 am

Galena watched her sister leave then turned to Ignis, Espen and Sesshomaru, her face serious. "I think that's our cue to get going as well. It was nice meeting you three though. One question before we leave, was this being recorded?"

Espen nodded. "Yes. It was to document all the evidence and the like. So it stands to reason video footage was more then likely shown of that strange creature."

"Good. We'll need that." Galena said, turning on her heel. "C'mon, sis. We need to head to Hiiragi Inventions, I got an idea.." Then she paused, thinking turning to Sesshomaru. "Do you want to come Lord Sesshomaru? It would help having someone someone like you around to help speed things up. It's up to you, if you have something else to go too I understand."

The Dog Demon's response was almost instant. "No, I don't for now. This is my concern. They have indirectly threatened those I care for, therefore these Devar and theirs are my enemy. I'll do what I can on that end."

"I wish you luck then." Espen then sighed, tiredly. "I wish there was a bit more I could do.." He glanced at the hunter who had been quite all this time. "And you miss Ignis?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-08, 10:40 am

Ignis looked up at this, frowning slightly. "...I need to find some people and speak with them. Something tells me that even if we find out alot of information about these things, dealing with them won't be easy. There are some people that need to be informed so they can prepare. Good luck everyone, you'll probably see me again before too long." With that, she seemed to disappear.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-10, 12:05 am

Espen watched her leave, then turned to the others. "Going there on foot might take a while, would you like a ride?"

Galena thought for a second, then shook her head. "No. We could go faster on foot. Lets get going." She headed outside with her sister and Sesshomaru, then jumped all the way to the roof top of the nearest building before waiting for the other two patiently. Sesshomaru naturally had no problem following but he was waiting for Galena's lead more then anything.

The vampire waited for them, then took off at a high speed towards their destination, the demon lord taking suit afterwards.

If there was one thing Galena did enjoy, it was roof top hopping. For people like them, something like this wasn't all that dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-10, 5:57 am

Saika of course kept pace with everyone, her eyes darting around every so often. That was usually how things were. She tended to be the 'Lookout' for her sisters when they were traveling. She had ridiculously keen eyesight, but more than that, she had abilities that allowed her to observe many things in a short period of time. Anyone watching her would see not only her eyes flashing blue every few yards, but her body seemed to flit around a bit at the same time, as if she wasn't really there, or as if she was slipping through space instead of running. She'd be in one spot, then suddenly she was in another, with no indication of how she got there, as if she'd been there the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-11, 1:15 am

Finally, the three of them arrived of the large building of the main Hiiragi Inventions Head Quarters. Though whether Yamato Hiiragi himself or any of the famed daughters would even be there was a question none would know just yet. Often times Yamato was traveling around and it wasn't known by most people where the daughters were at, for their own protection naturally.

In fact, before the three could as much get in, they had to be checked in first to make sure they weren't dangerous or anything. Though attacking Yamato or his daughters in such a complex would be suicide for a mass majority of people. Sesshomaru's presence helped things along, as he was pretty well known by most people.

The three of them went towards the front desk, Sesshomaru taking the lead for now. "Is Yamato-Sama currently available?" It wasn't everyday Sesshomaru bothered with these sorts of things, so anyone who at least even knew him at a glance would know it was important.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-11, 2:04 am

The woman at the desk frowned, checking something on her computer. "Ah, yes, he just got in a few minutes ago. He should be up in his office by now. Would you like to speak with him soon, or set an appointment?" She set her hand over the call button for the intercom system, waiting for their answer.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-11, 2:08 am

"If possible, I'd like to have an audience with him soon." Sesshomaru answered. "If not then we could try to arrange something for later." He would prefer to get this done and out the way as soon as possible. Either way he was going to be running around a lot getting a handle of things. He needed to speak to some people at the Demon Realm as well, it wasn't like they had T.V. there. Or more accurately had channels from earth.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-11, 2:24 am

The woman nodded, and pressed the intercom button. "Hiiragi-sama? Taisho-sama is here to see you, along with two of the Hunter sisters, and would request an audience at your soonest convenience."

"Ah, Taisho, eh? Kanzenabi or Sesshoumaru?"

"Sesshoumaru, Hiiragi-sama."

"Mm, pity, it's always nice to have the company of a beautiful woman....wait, did you say two of the Hunter sisters were with him?"

"Hai, Hiiragi-sama. Galena-san and Saika-san."

"I see, I see...is Saika-san wearing that maid outfit she's been known to wear?"

"...Hai, Hiiragi-sama." The young woman sent Saika an apologetic look.

"Ha, good! Perhaps today will be a good day after all. Send them up, send them up." The woman took her hand away from the intercom and sighed.

"...Elevator is to your right, take it to the sixty-third floor. Have a nice day...and Saika-san, do not stand over the screen on the office floor, it doubles as a camera, and he will check it to try and see your underwear." Saika simply paled, looking a bit sick.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-11, 2:35 am

Galena hadn't been expecting this. Then again she had never Met him in person. She had heard stories though, mainly that he was a refined and calm man, not too much different from Lord Reifer. But hearing all this made her check those presumptions at the door. She had a feeling she was going to be surprised.

...Hope he doesn't see my or Saika's panties at all..

Times like this she wish she was sleepy.

Sesshomaru nodded, giving a polite thank you before heading to the elevator with the sisters. "I had been told Yamato was a refined man." He said to them when they went inside the elevator. "But from what I just heard, I'm leading to believe that was only part of it. He sounds.."

"Quirky?" Galena supplied.

"Something of those lines, yes."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-11, 2:51 am

Saika cocked an eyebrow. "Quirky? I'd say he's a fucking pervert!" Whatever her thoughts though, she schooled her features into a calm mask as they arrived at the office. it was large, with open windows, and actually had a warm, comforting feel to it. In the center of the office was a fairly large screen, depicting a panoramic view of the city outside. Saika avoided it like the plague.

"Ah, Taisho-sama, it is a pleasure to meet you!" The man behind the desk was an older looking man, looking to be about in his fifties, though he was surely much, much older. He moved around the desk to shake Sesshoumaru's hand, then Galena and Saika's, though he kissed their hands as well. He winked at Saika, and she shuddered, gagging. He was fairly handsome, but Saika could care less. Yamato didn't seem to notice, as he moved to sit at his desk again, gesturing to some seat in front of it. "Come, take a seat, so we can discuss things." Saika noticed that the chairs were a see-through material, like glass, but more sturdy. She also noticed that they were set right over that screen. She un-subtly moved her chair off of the screen, not caring that it meant she was sitting off to the side of everyone. Yamato just sighed. "I'll need to ask Lisha to refrain from spreading tales about me..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-11, 3:12 am

Galena seemed to take a cue from her sister in regards to seating. She wasn't exactly enamored by the older man and her younger sister obviously wasn't either. Still she wore the polite mask for the greater good. For now. Having Sesshomaru around actually made her a bit more comfortable, even if she didn't know him well. Maybe it was just a feeling he gave off.

"You as well Yomato-sama." Sesshomaru ignored the little stunts that happened. "You're a busy man and have many things to attend too, so I'll get straight to business. A short while ago, while it was being discussed of what to do about Free Lance Hunters, we were..interrupted. It was a strange humanoid creature with gray skin, it was hard to look at and its presence alone made it hard even for myself to move for a bit until it left." He didn't like admitting that fact.

"It called itself a Devar and implied there would be an invasion of its kind some time in the future. You may see news clips of this later. When they figure out how to spin it not to cause panic." He said shaking his head. "The eldest Hunter sister, Eirin, is working on finding more about these creatures. The only thing we have from them is a single feather; its not much but something. I was hoping if possible to help Eirin in her work and perhaps begin designing..counter measures."

Here, Galena finally stepped in for a moment. "We could try to arrange something that will work for both parties. Though we won't be the only ones involved of course."

"Correct." Sesshomaru said. "I still need to inform some in the Demon Realm, among other things. It's important, that in the end, we don't spread out too much or focus too much on one place. We have no idea where they'll strike first and from all implied, it seems they fully intend to take over some of the main realms."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-11, 10:44 am

Yamato listened in silence, his expression darkening as things continued. By the time Sesshoumaru and Galena were done, he was already typing something into the touchscreen keyboard on his desk, a holographic monitor popping up. He waved it away, folding his hands in front of him. "I will see to it that any equipment Eirin-san needs to aid her in quickly 'decoding' these creatures is given to her. I will also commission my engineers and researchers to take any information she finds out, and use it to develop countermeasures. I'm afraid that my company, while able to make many amazing things, is not experienced in the creation of weapons, so we shall stick with defenses, and possible ways to improve our own situation. For weapons, you will have to find someone else. If I hear anything I will let you know."

"...Just like that, you'll help? What's the catch?" Saika obviously was sceptical, but Yamato just sighed.

"I could never live with myself if innocent people were killed or enslaved by some invading force and I did nothing to stop it. I started this company because I wanted to help people and improve their lives. Leaving people to fend for themselves is against my nature. Besides, what good would money do me if the world goes to shit? No, I don't require any payment or compensation for doing this. I'll do it gladly." At these words, Saika smiled a little bit, thinking perhaps she'd misjudged the man...

"Although, while protecting people is thanks enough, it's always nice to get a little reward, so perhaps a feast for these tired old eyes?" He smiled a bit hopefully at Galena and Saika.

'I change my mind! I didn't misjudge him, he's is a fucking dirty old man!' However, Saika couldn't ignore the fact that the man, despite what they may or may not do, would help them. His request was perverted, but he wasn't telling them to cooperate or he wouldn't help. No, he'd help anyway. So instead of just immediately saying no, or attacking him, she glanced at Galena, raising an eyebrow in question on what they should do.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty2011-05-11, 12:41 pm

Galena expression was completely netural after his talk about a reward, and then she nodded. "I suppose something could be worked. Feast the..eyes, eh?" Galena looked thoughtful, then slightly raised her shirt showing her belly button for a fraction of a second. "There. I think that's enough extra."

He hadn't been specific enough in his request.

If Sesshomaru was anyone else, he would have laughed. As is, he just found that amusing. Kanzi would though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sickness
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: Japan-
Jump to: