The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Goes Around, Comes Around

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-06-15, 1:46 am

Kamaury was silent for a bit longer before slowly frowning. "..All my life, since my original creation I have been told I do not have emotions. And if I do, they are radically different from others. Now that this is the first time I have not had a Master, I'm starting to question it. I worked with people from Kings, to Queens, Overlords and mages back in my home realm. I had a lot of power. But that was the problem. So many wanted to seek it for their own ends. To conquer. For conquest. Or for a tool."

It was subtle, but it almost sounded slightly bitter at the end. She looked at her hands. "Now I'm a shadow of my former power of what I once was. A weapon without a direction or purpose."
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-06-15, 2:05 am

Enma smiled. "Then find yourself a purpose. It seems you already have a hint of it, don't you? You felt compelled to protect that boy. You protected someone weak, from someone strong. Perhaps that is a start? The knowledge that some part of you wishes to protect those who can't protect themselves. Tell me, did you meet the boy's mother when you dropped him off? You said you could sense Rynat in her?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-06-19, 12:56 am

Kamaury frowned slightly again. "Is it that simple? You simply make your own purpose in life. How strange."

To her it was a foreign concept, as were many things to her. Maybe in time she'd come to understand them more.

"The woman seemed pleasant," She said. "I did not really speak to her though as I had left shortly after that."

There was something else bothering her as she went silent. "Why did you decide to help me? I do not understand." She was his enemy then, was she not?
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-06-19, 1:16 am

Enma chuckled. "Because you are not the first person I have met who believed themselves to be nothing more than a tool for others. It's a pitiful existance, one that nobody should have. You were not an enemy, Kamaury, you were, in my eyes, a lost soul. Someone who needed guidance, and a chance to find themselves. Now, to more pressing matters, Kamaury, do you have a place to live right now?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-06-19, 1:38 am

"No. I do not," Kamaury said simply. "But I since I do not need substance or much of the things most races need its not really much of a hinderance. This is the first time I recall walking around freely for so long. I admit, I can learn to like this. I believe you're wrong about me having a soul, I wasn't created with one."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-06-19, 1:55 am

Enma smirked. "You seem to be under the delusion that your makers had any control over whether or not you had a soul. Perhaps you didn't have one originally, but you certainly do now. Or maybe you always had one, whether they wanted you to or not. Hardly matters. Anyway, you want my advice? Go back to see that boy and his mother. Offer to look out for them, as a bodyguard of sorts. If they offer to pay, accept it or don't, it's your choice. Something tells me they will invite you to live with them. I think it will be... mutually beneficial. They get protection, and you get to learn. Learn what it's like to spend time with others. For them to care about you. And to see what a family is like. Stick around for a couple months, maybe, and after that, if you wish to move on and keep travelling, do so. I don't think you will though."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-06-21, 11:39 am

Kamaury seemed to be thinking before nodding, standing up. "I think that is a fair trade. I will go track them down, it shouldn't be too hard with being able to sense their energy. Thank you for the advice."

Her hand hovered at the door. "How do you know I have a soul?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-06-21, 12:05 pm

Enma just smirked. "I've seen a great many things in my life, especially because of my interactions with the so-called 'noble class'. I have seen soulless beings before. They may sometimes imitate emotion, but you can tell it isn't real, that they don't truly feel anything, or truly think for themselves. I can tell that you do, however. You think and feel like anyone else, even if your emotions are a bit suppressed.... plus, there's a nice spark in your eyes at times. They say the eyes are windows to the soul. Well, look in the mirror occasionally, it's surprisingly sunny in there. Now get out of here before Levante or Victoria start suggesting that I'm doing 'naughty' things to you in here." He was joking, but he paused. "...Suppose I can't blame them, of course. I have a track record when it comes to being alone in a room with women for longer than a few minutes..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-08-30, 12:21 am

Kamaury didn't know what to make of his words entirely but she would consider them for later. She supposed there was some truth in Enma's words for the simple fact that logically if she was 'souless' then she wouldn't wander about these things. She wouldn't think of what her overall point of existence was even when she was serving one master to the next.

She didn't react much to the last part; it had no meaning to her.

"I see. Thank you then..Enma.."

The demon golem left the large mansion to be back on the streets, finding herself still somewhat lost but at least having a idea of what to do from here. She would just have to do her best to find them, hopefully her memory would serve her well enough to do so.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-08-30, 12:41 am

Enma watched her go, and chuckled to himself. "She'll be fine... wonder how things will go though... could be interesting. Maybe I'll check in on that later on."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-10, 9:51 pm

Kamaury simply..wandered. It wasn't as it was the first time she had moved about with only a vague goal in mind but the concept was almost unsettling to her. She was used to, while still have a bit of her own pull to still take orders or guidance from someone. Having none of that now, here, made her feel more then a bit lost but she wouldn't allow that to deter her.

It wasn't too long before she found the place, or at least from what she recalled it was. If not and she was mistaken she'd go elsewhere but for now she'd simply enter and see where it took her.

Not like she had anything to lose.

Kamaury stepped into Rinko's resteraunt; it didn't seem too busy thankfully which mean she wouldn't be as occupied with other things. No signs of Sei so far, either.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-14, 1:15 am

Rinko was behind the counter, humming to herself as she worked. She was by herself, meaning she had to act as cashier, waitress, and cook, all herself. This didn't bother her much, though, since it never really got that busy during these hours; it was after school, weekdays, and during the summer that it was more active; this was mostly due to it being close to the schools. Of course, at those times, she had Sei to help by waiting tables or working the register. She looked up when the bell on the door rang, and her eyes lit up. "Oh! Kamaury! Fancy seeing you again so soon! How are you?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-17, 12:59 am

"I live."

In Kamaury speak, that meant she was doing okay as she had little sense of humor to speak of but people would think she was simply joking around to begin with.

"I talked to someone for advice of what to do next," She continued. "And, between that and myself I have decided I would like to see about finding some..purpose. So it was decided that I would perhaps find employment here to learn and get to know you two more."

Kamaury tilted her head slightly, as if confused. "That is if my presence is welcomed. I do not know how to go about such things."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-17, 1:12 am

Rinko was clearly surprised, but the smile showed it was pleasantly so. "Why, that would be wonderful, Kamaury! The help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure Sei would be thrilled to have you around. Not to mention you are more than welcome here, dear. First, just need to figure out what you'd be best suited to doing... hm, what are your skills? What are you good at?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-17, 2:12 am

"I was a maid," Kamaury said after a moment. "I am very used to domestic duties and serving. I would think with this being primarily a sevice establishment my skills would hopefully be of some use. Other then that, I am not sure. My other skills I do not think would be useful here. They involve breaking things."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-17, 2:21 am

Rinko seemed to think on that. "Hm... well, I suppose you'd be best suited to being a waitress, and maybe helping clean up when we close. Where are you staying, by the way?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-17, 2:18 pm

"I have no one place I stay,"
Kamaury explained. "Sometimes I will simply wander through out the entire night and see things. I do not need to sleep or eat. Nor do I feel the cold or heat so its of no problem to me where ever I may decide to venture."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-17, 2:30 pm

Rinko frowned at that. If Kamaury didn't need sleep, that was one thing, but a person still needed a place they could call home, even if temporarily, to put up their feet and relax, to feel secure. This just wouldn't do. "Well, then why don't you stay with us then?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-17, 3:12 pm

"You would have me?" Kamaury was more then a bit surprised at this. "I was under the impression that it was unusual to invite strangers into one's home. If you offer I will take it, but I am confused of why you have when you do not know me. Could you please explain?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-17, 3:31 pm

Rinko chuckled softly. "It's unusual, yes, but not unheard of. You protected my son and saw him safely home, without an expectation of being rewarded. You simply did it and then went on your way. That in itself speaks to your character, Kamaury. That, in addition to the feeling I get from you, is enough for me to feel comfortable with you staying with us."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-26, 10:43 am

Kamaury tilted her head again slightly, then nodded. "I think that is sound reasoning then. When exactly then would I begin working? And where would I stay?" The idea of her own room wasn't foreign to her, she had them before in her many years of service.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-26, 12:10 pm

Rinko only smiled. "You can begin now if you wish, it's not a difficult job, or very complicated. As for where you'll stay, we have a guest room you can take."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-28, 2:03 am

"I would like that then, yes."
Kamaury said after a bit of thinking. "May I see what my room will look like? Though I do not know if you are busy at the moment."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-09-28, 2:26 am

Rinko held up a finger to indicate she needed a minute, and fished a sign out from under the counter. 'Back in 5 Minutes'. She set it on the counter, and motioned for Kamaury to follow as she went through the usually locked side door labeled 'Staff Only'. It led to what looked like a medium sized apartment; living room, dining room, kitchen, and a bathroom, but no bedroom. There was a stairway, however, and this is where Rinko led Kamaury. Upstairs were the bedrooms, another bathroom, and what looked like a game room. Rinko led Kamaury to the guest room, which was near the end of the hall, next to Rinko's room; Sei's room was next to the game room. "Ta-da! Here we go..." It was moderately furnished; bed, nightstand, drawers, closet. It had a cozy feel to it, which was nice.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty2014-10-06, 3:25 am

"I like this room. This pleases me."
Kamaury said looking around, her voice was rather flat and there was no other way to tell from her tone she was being sarcastic or not. However, judging by her odd behavoir and mannerisms so far, it would probably be obvious for someone like Inori that the young woman though having a good heart, was a bit off kilter. At least as far as the culture here went.

"When will Sei be returning to us?"
She asked going to the side to look around her new to look around, her body language didn't change but there was a almost a child-like curiosity in some of the things she witnessed inside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Goes Around, Comes Around   What Goes Around, Comes Around - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Goes Around, Comes Around
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: Japan-
Jump to: