The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stray.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GlitterandMagic

GlitterandMagic

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-10-15, 1:10 am

There had never really been a place she could call home before. Just beautiful lies and dark truths. It was all she knew and, though she tried to stay optimistic about it, probably would be the only thing she knew in life. Time and time again things would change. Just for a day or so. A kid would beg his or her mother into adopting the small kitten, saving her from the harsh life of living on the streets of Japan. Sometimes the parents would agree and for a moment, one blissful moment, she felt she belonged. That maybe she could have a life like everyone else. But sooner or later she would slip up, it always happened. She would take her true form in front of the wrong people and once again, she was out on the streets, cold, hungry and most of all, alone. Eventually she gave up searching for a home. Someone to take her and love her unconditionally; no matter who she was or what she looked like. It was just wishful thinking. But some nights, just on rare occasions when she could catch small glimpses of twinkling stars between the bright lights of the city, she wished on a shooting star that maybe things would change. Just once let things go the way she wanted them to...

That evening hadn't been any different than usual for the young girl. She stayed in her cat form throughout the day and even into the late hours when businessmen started their trek home from work. It was safer this way. No one bothered her when she was the size of a grapefruit, huddled beneath garbage to keep warm for the evening. After a while, you get used to being alone. You grow accustomed to the city life that thrives with or without you. And that was exactly what Neko did. Her evening meal consisted of some fish scraps she had saved from the garbage but her small tummy still growled. Neko curled up tighter, shutting her exhausted eyes, blocking out the dazzling lights that danced around the alleyway she called home. She would fall asleep like this, just like every other night, hoping a dog didn't find her and chase her off.

(( Sorry it's a short starter. I usually write more but I didn't know what else to put. Open to anyone. Maybe mature later on. ))

Stray.  1270954_171761336362772_1929236344_o_zps499d1127
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-10-15, 4:37 pm

"Ow... ow.... ow.... owie..." Nadia was not exactly happy at the moment. That last little mission she'd gone on for Graham... well, she'd completed it, but not unscathed. The security had been heavier than expected. Apparently, the asshat in charge of security had gotten 'bad vibes' and doubled security just before the mission. Graham had found out at the last minute and told her to abort, but she'd insisted she could handle it. And now she had a bullet hole in her thigh and a graze above her eye. The graze was fine, but she'd need Graham to doctor her up, which never went well. He'd take the time to chastise her for getting hurt, and go on his usual rant that she shouldn't be risking herself, blah-blah-blah. He needed the work done, and she was the only one who could do it. So she did.

Of course, there was a bit of trade-off. Anytime Nadia really wanted something, and he was being a turd about it, she could always guilt-trip him into submission. This was exactly what she intended to do the instant she limped her way past a pile of garbage and happened to notice an adorable little cat curled up there. Nadia had always been impulsive, and the result was usually chaos for Graham. Like the time she impulsively adopted a poodle, which proceeded to eat their father's underwear. That wouldn't have really upset Graham if Nadia herself hadn't started making bizarre comments, but she enjoyed riling him up. Now, now there was this cat. He'd probably dislike a cat less than a poodle. Probably.

So, that in mind, Nadia eased herself onto the ground near the cat, but not too close, and after removing her cracked motorcycle helmet, she called out softly. "Hey there, little kitty cat..."
Back to top Go down
GlitterandMagic

GlitterandMagic

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-10-16, 12:43 am

Neko had only looked up, peeking through one small eye, when she had heard someone coming through the alleyway. She had, like always, suspected the person would simply keep walking and not even take notice of the small kitten trying to sleep. But to her surprise, the woman slowly bent down beside her and began talking in a smooth, silky voice. Neko, startled, sprang up from her curled position and lifted her gaze until she could see the woman's face entirely. The little kitten tilted her head. This woman probably only stopped because she had noticed it was a cat. If she had known Neko was actually a girl, she would probably dismiss her without hesitation. Nevertheless, Neko meowed in a gentle, squeak of a voice.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-10-16, 12:53 am

Nadia smiled a bit more at that. At least the cat wasn't running away. "Hey cutie, what are you doing out here, huh? Don't you have a nice warm home that's missing you?" Carefully, she held her hand out, palm up. "C'mere, cutie, let me get a closer look at you..."
Back to top Go down
GlitterandMagic

GlitterandMagic

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-10-16, 1:06 am

(( I only just noticed how big that picture is I used for Neko. 00ps. sorry ))

Another soft meow later and Neko was on her feet, cautiously approaching the woman's extended hand. The first thing Neko did was twitch her hot pink nose in order to sniff out the woman's scent. Little eyes eventually drifted to Nadia's injury on her thigh. Didn't that hurt? Neko shook her head. Of course it hurt. She could only wonder where the woman obtained something like that. Curiously her eyes came back to look up at Nadia's facial features. Besides her injury, Neko couldn't seem to sense anything unusual about the girl. Gently the small kittens nose pressed against Nadia's fingertips and nuzzled her.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-10-16, 1:26 am

Nadia giggled a bit, and gently scratched Neko's chin while looking her over. "Hm... no collar or anything... but you're so cute, how is that possible.... well, that won't do." She smiled more widely. "Would you like me to take you home with me? I'll keep you warm and shower you with affection, promise! ...My brother can be a turd, but he's not a bad guy, he's just socially retarded, that's all."
Back to top Go down
GlitterandMagic

GlitterandMagic

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-10-16, 2:08 am

Neko eagerly moved closer when the girl began scratching her tiny chin. It was rare that a girl Nadia's age even took interest in the feline. Most figured Neko had fleas or germs thus leaving her without so much as a 'hello' or 'hey there'. A small tremble rippled through Neko's petite frame as the kitten began to purr for Nadia. Another tiny meow escaped her, acknowledging what the strange, injured girl was saying. Even if it didn't last in the end, at least Neko could get a good meal out of this.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-10-16, 2:16 am

Nadia chuckled, and gently picked Neko up, bundling her in her arms. "Alright, let's get you home... not sure what to name you yet, though. I'll come up with some things, and see which you seem to like, yeah? Animals are so much smarter than people give them credit for..."
Back to top Go down
GlitterandMagic

GlitterandMagic

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-10-16, 2:24 am

Neko's paws were soon off the ground as Nadia's soft and warm hand slipped around the kittens small body. She squirmed a bit at first, being picked up was always strange for Neko. Eventually she would grow accustomed to a person however, making it easier for them to hold her. Neko immediately curled for Nadia, staring up at her with wide, curious eyes. She meowed a response, sounding happier than before.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-10-16, 3:08 am

Nadia was quick to get home after that, ignoring the pain in her leg in favor of getting the cat in her arms into a warm place. Making sure she wasn't followed, she made her way to the hidden safehouse she and her brother were at currently. It was basically an underground bunker, but Graham had 'pimped it out' in her words, making it more like a home. And a base. Was quite comfortable, really. Once inside, after imputing the code on the door to unlock it, she hurried over to the fireplace, and sat down in front of the fire with Neko. "Here we go! Warmth!" She'd have to deal with Graham when he came looking to see why she hadn't come and tackled him yet, but she'd deal.
Back to top Go down
GlitterandMagic

GlitterandMagic

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-10-16, 10:35 pm

Neko watched with curious eyes as the strange woman carried her through town, occasionally limping due to her injury. The Strain wasn't sure whether to pay more attention to Nadia as they walked or if she should have been keeping an eye out where they were heading. If she needed to run, it was easier to find a place she knew if she could remember where they'd traveled. But before she could fully decide on anything, Nadia came to a halt before a strange door and punched in a code so they could enter. Neko was now distracted by the unfamiliar room. She let her bright pink nose wiggle as she took in the different scents and her eyes wander curiously. When the girl eagerly dropped beside the fireplace, Neko's ears perked and tail twitched. The warmth was in deed amazing. The nights had gotten cool outside, even if you constantly wore a fur coat. Neko's eyes looked up at Nadia as she began to purr with excitement and joy.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-20, 8:33 pm

Nadia was content to sit there petting the cat, until eventually, as she expected, she heard footsteps behind her. Graham had come looking for her. "While I certainly appreciate the fact you haven't assaulted me yet, it's somewhat disturbing. Is there a reason you.... you're hurt." His voice had switched from detached boredom, to tightly restrained anger. He moved over closer as Nadia turned, and stopped short. "....What is that?"

"It's a cat, Graham." Nadia's reply was blunt, even as sweet as her tone was.

"I can see that, yes. Why is it here?"

"Because I found it in an alley, sleeping next to garbage. I couldn't just leave her there. She's adorable!" Graham was clearly unimpressed.

"So, you are telling me that you, while injured and bleeding, are holding onto a strange animal that is likely covered in filth. I realize you use your brain as minimally as possible, but could you, perhaps, at least use common sense and give the thing a bath first? Moreover, are you sure you can trust it? That it's not some robot, shapeshifter, or other sort of potential spy?" After Graham's words, Nadia simply looked down at Neko, smiling.

"Kitty, are you a spy? You don't look like one, but since my brother is a paranoid little turd, I guess I'd better ask, right?"
Back to top Go down
GlitterandMagic

GlitterandMagic

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-20, 11:21 pm

As Neko sat completely content and merrily in Nadia's lap, enjoying the attention the girl was currently giving her, Neko's ears began to twitch curiously. The sound of footsteps approached which lead Neko to tilt her small head and look past Nadia. The small cat blinked her eyes and studied the new face. The two spoke amongst themselves as if Neko couldn't hear and understand them. Usually it didn't bother her and it didn't until the question arose about her hygiene. Her tail bristled suddenly at the mentioning of a 'shapeshifter'. Wide eyes looked up to Nadia, glancing quickly to Graham; her tail still fluffed. Neko wasn't sure if she should come out with her abilities or not. Nadia seemed like such a nice girl and Neko didn't want to frighten any one. The kitten wiggled her small nose before her ears lowered. She was still deciding whether Nadia's brother would be upset if she revealed herself.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-21, 12:03 am

Nadia giggled in response to Neko's actions, causing Graham to roll his eyes. "You are ridiculous, Nadia."

"And you are a mean little animal hater. So there." Graham actually growled a bit.

"I don't hate animals, Nadia, and you know it, damnit. I'm just worried, alright? We can't exactly afford to take chances! There are people after us, or have you forgotten? If the wrong people find out where we are, they will KILL us! Do you understand me, Nadia? If we are lucky, they won't torture us first. Is that what you want to happen, Nadia?" Nadia finally seemed a bit contrite, glancing away.

"Of course not... I don't want anything to happen to you..."

"US. You don't want anything to happen to US, Nadia. It's that kind of thinking that gets you hurt. Now, leave the cat there, and go take a bath. After, I'll tend to your injuries. I'll watch the cat."

"...You won't hurt her or throw her out, will you?" Nadia seemed a bit reluctant to let go of the cat. Graham just waved her off.

"Not unless it starts attacking me or something, no. Now go." Nadia hesitated, then gently set Neko down, patting her gently before limping off. Once she was gone and out of earshot, Graham sat down facing the cat... and pulled out a gun. "I don't know if you are really a cat, or someone posing as one, or something else. I don't care. But if you do anything suspicious, or anything to hurt Nadia, or lead our enemies here, I will kill you, do you understand? I have important work to do, and she is the only family I really have left. So I hope, for your sake, that you can be trusted, cat or otherwise."
Back to top Go down
GlitterandMagic

GlitterandMagic

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-21, 12:58 am

When Nadia set her down, Neko stared up at the girl with pleading eyes, lifting a paw as if to follow her. She truly didn't want to be left with Graham, afraid of what he might do without Nadia's presence. But the girl drifted off beyond Neko's line of sight. Slowly she sat down, still staring off as if she could see Nadia through the walls. What had she gotten herself into? Graham soon blocked her sight, forcing Neko to look up into the face of the boy who clearly wanted nothing to do with her. And then soon, the barrel of a gun. Neko didn't have a full understanding of how things like that worked, but she understood the basic principle of the weapon itself. She stared, wide eyed and terrified. Sure she could blatantly come out and tell Graham she wasn't a spy or anything that would cause him to be suspicious of her; but he had mentioned shapeshifters and though she wasn't truly one, she felt even revealing that much would betray his trust. Neko shifted her eyes so all she could see was the floor and her paws, her ears still low against her head.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-21, 1:28 am

Graham stared at her for a long moment. "...Well, your reaction tells me you can understand what I am saying. Either you are some sort of genius cat, or are not really a cat. Either way, I don't care. So long as you don't do anything to jeopardize the safety of my sister or myself, you may stay here. But I will be watching you carefully. And if you are not truly a cat, here is some advice for you. The less time you spend hiding that fact, the less angry I will be when I find out. And trust me, I will find out eventually. Unless you are, in fact, just a genius cat that can somehow understand human speech. Which I doubt." He paused, even as he put the gun away. "Then again, there have been stranger things... plus the Pokemorphs... I really hope they are all okay..." He seemed to slip into deep thought.
Back to top Go down
GlitterandMagic

GlitterandMagic

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-21, 1:54 am

Genius cat? Neko's ears perked at this, the idea seeming to amuse her. She studied Graham very cautiously as he spoke, occasionally sparing a glance to the gun. Her mind digested what he had said. Could she trust him though? That transforming would put his mind at ease rather than stay an innocent and harmless cat? Just thinking made her head swim. With a small intake of air, Neko stood up on her paws and nervously started her change. It began with the echo of bells, though there were none in sight. The echo grew loud as a shimmer of ruby energy swirled and shifted around the kittens body. In the space where Neko had stood, things seemed to distort temporarily before it pulled itself back together but no longer was the cat standing before Graham. Instead a short and petite girl stood before him with hair that cascaded down her back, almost to the back of her knees. Not to mention it was a pale pink, a few shades lighter than the Kittens fur had been. A red collar had appeared around her neck as well as a matching anklet with two golden bells and a bell hooked in her ear. Her eyes, as she looked down at Graham who was still on the floor, were mismatched; one bright blue while the other a jewel green.

The girl frowned, completely unfazed by her own nudity, and sat before Graham. "Neko promises...Neko doesn't want to hurt anyone." Her voice was a little high, but also soft as she tried to make Graham understand.

Neko's Human Form:
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-21, 2:35 am

Graham was pulled out of his own mind by the spectacle in front of him, and when it was done, his eyes were a bit wide. "...Well... I... can't say I'm surprised.... but... I did not expect...." His mind seemed to catch up, and he suddenly covered his eyes. "I really must insist that you cover yourself... Neko, was it? Anyway, please... cover yourself with... something... I get enough of this with Nadia, I don't need-"

"Graham, I'm done! Oh! So she WAS a person!" Graham looked to Nadia for help, only to see that she'd opted to come back from the shower naked, and still mostly wet. He quickly covered his eyes again.

"Damnit, Nadia! I told you to stop doing that!" Of course, Nadia just grinned, pointing at Neko.

"But clearly, you like being around naked pussy, no?" The noise Graham made sounded somewhat like a duck being strangled, and Nadia's laughter followed. "Hee.... well, ignoring the prude for a moment..." She turned to Neko, grinning. "So, what's your name then? Oh! And since you're a person, a proper introduction! I'm Nadia Stanford, and this is my younger brother, Graham. He's a genius, but socially retarded, so don't mind him."
Back to top Go down
GlitterandMagic

GlitterandMagic

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-21, 2:42 am

Neko curiously blinked her mismatched eyes. In her cat form it was much more difficult to notice the difference in eye color; but here in her human shape, they were vibrant and lively. Even if she looked a little terrified of Graham still. She tilted her head to the right when asked to cover herself. Her lips puckered into a pout. "Too restricting!!" Neko looked away and over to Nadia as she returned; the girls eyes lighting up immediately at seeing a friendly face.

"Neko is Neko~." She smiled brightly at Nadia, it was clear who Neko had taken a liking to already. With a sideways glance to Graham, Neko slyly stuck her tongue out at him before smiling back to Nadia. "Nyah~ ...Nadia isn't scared of Neko?" Her smile faded as she watched the other girl curiously.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-21, 2:47 am

Nadia blinked a bit, then giggled. "Scared? Of a cutie like you? No way! You're adorable in both forms!" She bounded over and hugged Neko, grinning. "Oooh, it's going to be so much fun having another girl to talk to around here! Graham's alright, but he's so stuffy. Always wanting me to put my clothes on, or to stop eating everything in the fridge, or stop bugging him while he's working, or randomly molesting him..." Graham just groaned irritably, seemingly trying to gouge his own eyes out.

"I'm in hell..."
Back to top Go down
GlitterandMagic

GlitterandMagic

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-21, 11:54 am

The girl wasn't bothered in the least by Nadia's embrace and even returned the hug, nuzzling the other girl with her cheek. Neko's heart fluttered with excitement; still cautious of Graham however, but all this was amazing to the Strain. People who were not afraid of her and who weren't about to kick her back on the street for being a filthy stray. When Neko released Nadia, it was only because the other girl had mentioned a particular word which had caught her attention. Neko looked up brightly at her, smiling innocently. "Nadia likes to eat? Neko loves to eat!!" She jumped to her feet with an odd grace that seemed to almost defy gravity. Neko twirled once before grabbing Nadia's hand and looking around eagerly. "Neko and Nadia need food!"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-21, 12:44 pm

Nadia's grin grew to match Neko's, clearly excited. "Indeed! Nadia and Neko need food! Come on, I'll make us something to eat!" She then nearly dragged Neko into the kitchen. Graham stayed where he was, head in his hands, a horrified look on his face.

"....There's two of them now.... this is a nightmare..." Once in the kitchen, Nadia led Neko to the large pantry and refridgerator, throwing the doors of both open.

"Behold! Food! What do you want to eat, Neko?"
Back to top Go down
GlitterandMagic

GlitterandMagic

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-21, 2:56 pm

Without a moment of hesitation, the girl spirited off with Nadia into the kitchen, already more-or-less having forgotten her previous encounter with Graham. It would likely bother her again later, but for now her mind was dead set on finding something delicious to stuff in her mouth other than left-overs or garbage from the street. Neko's mismatched eyes followed Nadia while the other girl went to open the pantry and the fridge, exposing all the delicious food stored away inside. She examined the pantry first, finding nothing of real interest upon first glance. But as she meandered to the fridge, Neko froze. A strange sound was emanating from the fridge; a mechanical whirl of sorts. Neko looked to Nadia, puzzled. "Will it hurt Neko?" She inquired, pointing slowly at the fridge. Neko had never really had a good encounter with machines of any sort.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-21, 5:05 pm

Nadia giggled a bit at that, and gently pulled Neko over to it. "No, it won't hurt you. It's cold, but that's a good thing. Makes it so we can keep a lot of food for a long time without it going bad! Anyway, is there anything you really like to eat? I know we have milk, I force Graham to drink it, and we also have fish, though I need to cook it..." There were footsteps, and Graham walked in, though he was looking determinedly up to the ceiling.

"Well, considering, I suppose I'll apologize. Neko, I'm sorry I threatened you with a gun. I was just-"

"You threatened her with a gun!?" Nadia suddenly had her arms wrapped around Neko, and was glaring at Graham. "You said you wouldn't hurt her!"

"And I didn't. I simply threatened to, if she did anything to hurt either of us. I still don't trust her, of course, but she just seems so harmless... she reminds me of you, really." At this, Nadia smiled.

"Beautiful, adorable, lovable, sexy as hell?"

"Annoying, unable to talk like a normal person, indecent, appears to have limited intelligence..." Nadia stuck her tongue out at him, which he of course didn't see. "Either way, Neko, I apologize if I scared you. Now, Nadia, have you forgotten about the fact that your wounds still haven't been treated properly?" Nadia glanced at her wounds, which had stopped bleeding for the moment, but still needed treatment. Thankfully, all bullet wounds had been through-and-through.

"Oh... um... maybe... but... but me and Neko are hungry!"

"....You're an idiot. Fine, get some food started while I go and get the first aid. I'll treat your wounds while it's cooking." He turned and left, managing not to run into the wall as he did, despite still staring at the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
GlitterandMagic

GlitterandMagic

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty2013-11-22, 11:52 pm

Neko only looked paranoid of the fridge, even as Nadia explained it's workings to her. Cautiously she made an attempt to approach it, taking light baby steps. She extended a hand, about to touch the door when Graham entered the room and startled her. Neko whirled around in a pink blur and pressed her back against the nearest counter, as if someone would sneak up behind her like the vicious fridge or something.

While the siblings exchanged words amongst themselves, Neko's eyes curiously drifted from the fridge to the fish Nadia had mentioned. Some of her favorite meals included fish of any sort though the rumble of her stomach quickly made it clear she would eat whatever Nadia would be willing to make. The mention of her name brought Neko's mind back to Graham and Nadia, watching Graham with a tilted head as he stared intently at the ceiling. Just as Graham left them, the pink haired girl tugged lightly on Nadia's hand, a bit shyly despite herself. "Can Neko have fish now?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stray.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray.    Stray.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Stray.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next