The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thunder from a distant land.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

Thunder from a distant land. Empty
PostSubject: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-11-28, 4:24 am

Clouds darkened over Central Park. Thunder rolled and lighting flashed in the darkness. The clouds began to swirl. Slowly at first then they became faster. Lightning struck the ground in several places. The wind picked up and several small spirals of wind played with loose debris. A low rumbling from inside the eye of the now formed vortex could be heard. Lightning struck a tree setting it a blaze. Lightning struck the same tree again splitting it in two.

In the middle of Central Park lightning struck the same place several times and then, from high above a man began to fall. He seemed unconscious. He fell in the pond and immediately came out of the water. There stood a young man with long white hair waste deep in water. He looked around his expression confused. Then he looked up. His confusion turned to panic. He held up a hand. "No." he whispered.

The Vortex began to close and the clouds dissipate. The look of panic on the mans face turned to horror. he leaped into the air and kept going. "No, no, no, no!!" he kept repeating as he flew towards the vortex. Just as fast as it appeared the vortex was now gone. Sunlight shown and birds chirped. The man however over a hundred feet off the ground. Suddenly began to fall. No scream escaped his lips. No cries for help. He simply fell.

The pond he emerged from now held his body. In a great splash the man hit the water. Soon he came to the surface and moved out of the water. He walked to a park bench and sat down. He stared at the water. "I-I don't understand what happened." he said to himself. Witnesses to the event gathered around the man. He continued to stare at the water. "Something went wrong. Sabotage maybe." He looked at the gathering people when they blocked his view of the water. They must have tourists. because a true New Yorker wouldn't even flinch. He gazed into their curious faces. He couldn't read them... not like he used to.

The man finally stood. He walked over and placed a hand on the split tree. He couldn't feel it any more. He felt as if someone had just taken an arm or a leg from him. Disoriented and feeling totally alone Thunder God of the Storms of Earthrealm was now realizing his worst fear had come true. Sinking to his knees head low and hand still on the tree... the God wept...
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-11-28, 4:04 pm

It could be truthfully said that strange things happened all the time within what many called the 'Multiverse'. Extremely strange things, really. However, what had just happened, the falling of a God to Earth, and in such a spectacular way, was just a little bit too strange even for the 'Multiverse'. As such, it was something that truly caught the attention of a certain Goddess in particular. Under a bit more normal circumstances, angels would have come down to talk to the fallen God. These were not normal circumstances. The God was crying, and that pulled at the heartstrings of the very maternal Goddess.

Thunder from a distant land. QueenofHeaven

When her 'Avatar' appeared in the middle of Central Park, that was interesting to people. Due to her look, there were of course people who took a rather carnal interest in her, but they would suddenly feel a nudge in their mind, before they forgot that they'd even seen her. The woman slowly walked over to the weeping God, and knelt next to him, a delicate hand resting on his shoulder. She said nothing at first, just looked at him patiently, offering comfort for now.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-11-28, 9:07 pm

Levante Brunel was rarely bored in the Earth Realm. Even when things were peaceful there was always something to do or another. Working under Marcus, also known as Grand Father Time and one of the main realm/time guardian's made sure he was never in short supply with things to do. When not running on errands he kept himself busy with other things; that is mainly visiting the other people in power: Hades and his sister, the Demon King Miki(who's normal state was off putting to people who didn't know her) and Lord Reifer and his wife.

Right now though, he had been simply visiting with his daughter when Marcus had contacted him, saying he may be needed. In the Earth Realm, people from other realms weren't completely uncommon but it was usually taken care of by the Nobu Organization. However, if Marcus was contacting him then it must been something a bit more out of place; such as a being that was truly from another Multi-Verse. Such instances were extraordinarily rare and usually required either a lot of luck, or a great deal of raw power to get here. Or both.

He said his good bye's to his daughter, and when Marcus went to fetch him he was ready. Marcus had sensed where the general disturbance had came from, so both men had no trouble getting where Thunder and Anya were.

Upon getting there, they tended to stand out. After all, Levante was dressed in some rather attention grabbing clothes, and Marcus an old man seemed a bit more plain.

Marcus paused on seeing Lady Anya already there, as did Levante.

We'll, this doesn't happen everyday. Anya sending an Avatar down like this wasn't common, so Levante wondered what was going on now. Though, he could guess.

Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-11-29, 12:18 am

As the Goddess placed her hand on him. He felt the divine presence of the person next to him. Thunder felt a little more at ease. His breathing slowed and he wiped the tears from his face. He was still terrified. His worst fear had been realized. He kept his eyes closed a while longer. He could feel his heart beat. His mortal heart. it was beating hard and fast. That only spurned on his fear. His breathing started coming in short fast breaths. He wondered if he was having a panic attack.

He closed his eyes again and focused. He forced himself to breathe more slowly and with more control. He moved his hand from the tree and placed it on the Goddess's. The initial shock melting away. he nodded slowly. "Thank you." he whispered. He turned his head and opened his eyes to the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. He stood on unstable legs, using the tree for balance. "I am called Thunder. God..." He choked on the word. "God of the storms of Earthrealm." Try as he might he couldn't keep the quivering from his voice. *Some God I am..* He thought. He looked around and closed his eyes again in an attempt to find some inner strength. "Former God..." He finished as he let her hand go.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-11-29, 12:46 am

Anya smiled softly at Thunder, and gently took his hand. "My name is Anya, Goddess and creator of what everyone has dubbed the 'Multiverse'. I never actually came up with another name for it myself." She laughed softly at this, looking slightly embarrassed. Her voice was very soft and rather melodic, though also seemed to have a slightly seductive tone to it, though that might just be perception. "Do you have any idea how you came to be here? Oh, and the two people who will be here momentarily can be trusted." She glanced over toward where Lavante and Marcus where, smiling lightly.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-11-29, 1:08 am

"Seems we have a new guest in our universe." Marcus came over, walking with his cane. He gave an old fatherly and kind smile that made him look far older then even his well aged appearance suggested. "I'm Marcus and you've obviously just met Lady Anya. I'm the realm keeper and Time Guardian, we'll one of them." He amended, seemingly to think. "And this is my friend, he's harmless."

"Relatively." Levante said, but his tone was clearly teasing. "Levante Brunel."

Marcus hadn't picked up anything bad from the young man, and from what he can see(and sense) he wasn't evil, not that Anya would come to someone like this if they were. Still, questions could wait. It was obvious the young man(least in apperance) was distressed so best to let him get his bearings first before asking him more questions.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-11-29, 1:52 am

Thunder nodded to each in turn. Then he turned his attention to the Goddess. His voice was starting to clear but there was till a small hint of fear in his voice. "I don't know what happened. It was a routine transfer from New York to Outworld. I was on a diplomatic mission to stabilize the treaty between The Kutan and the Wasteland Mutants." He said. The look of confusion on his face grew almost wiping out the fear it once held. "Nobody would benefit from removing me..." His gaze narrowed as his eyes drifted off. "Except him... Cho Tsung." He almost spat out the name. The contempt was apparent in his voice as he said the name.

He looked to the faces of each in turn. "Only he would have the knowledge and magic powerful enough to alter the Portal." He looked to Anya. "He's been trying to rid himself of me for a rather long time." He looked up. Taking a deep breath he closed his eyes again fighting back the fear. He let the air out slowly. "It seems this time he's succeeded." He said with a tone of finality.

Thunder pushed himself off the tree. He held his right hand palm up at waist level and placed his left fist palm towards himself. He bowed deeply. "I apologize for my intrusion into your domain." He said respectfully.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-11-29, 2:05 am

Anya simply smiled again, and it seemed that was something she did often. "You don't need to apologize, Thunder. Oh, would you prefer I called you Lord Thunder? I don't like formalities, and you can just call me Anya. It's everyone else who insists on calling me 'Lady Anya' or 'Great Mother' and such things...anyway, you are free to stay here as long as necessary, and I will gladly help you with anything you need."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-11-29, 2:40 am

"Getting you back to your home Multi-Verse won't be an easy task, even for myself." Marcus admitted. to the young God. "But I promise you I'll do whatever in my power to seeing you back home to where you belong. In the mean time then we'll act as host in your stay here, and you obviously have Anya's help as well."

So, a enemy of a god sent them to a completely different Multi-Verse to get rid of them
. Levante thought to himself. And it just so happened to be ours. I don't believe in signs, but part of me wonders.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-11-29, 3:28 am

Thunder rose from his bow and smiled. "Thank you. All of you." He looked to Anya. "Titles have their place. I'm fine with Thunder. My actual name is Kaminari no kami." He shook his head slightly. "It means Thunder God." He chuckled a moment then he looked to the others and then back to Anya "I don't suppose you have any job openings for a God of Storms. I have a lot of experience." He said. his confidence was starting to return. He quirked an eyebrow and held up a hand. "Of course I don't expect a hand out. I'm more than willing to prove my worth." He finished.

He looked to Marcus, "As for returning me to my Multi-Verse. I'm sure by now my father has selected a replacement for my duties. I'm not an Elder God so I can be replaced." He looked away and thought a moment. "Though it would be nice to find out what happened. If Cho Tsung was behind it..." he let the words trail off as he clenched his fist. He snapped up his gaze and relaxed his hand. "Sorry. Not quite used to the rush of emotions mortals have." he scratched the back of his head and gave a lopsided smile. Kind of like Harrison Ford does when he plays Indiana Jones.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-11-29, 3:44 am

Anya actually giggled lightly in response, amused. "I suppose we have an opening, as you put it. Never really had a 'God of Storms'. Closest we have to that is Salem, and he's only really involved with winter storms. As for finding out what happened to bring you here, we'd be happy to help."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-11-29, 9:56 pm

Levante chuckled a bit. "Salem is an character, but that's an story for a different time. So far, I think you'll fit in just fine."

Marcus looked around. "Not that we have any problem being here with myself and Anya's powers but I think we should continue this conversation elsewhere. Maybe my own home and then we can go from there, if its all right with everyone."

"You know I have no issues with it." Levante said simply. "Talking in the middle of Central Park isn't the best way to get to know guest."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-11-30, 1:31 pm

Thunder smiled. "Thank you milady." He said and bowed deeply again. Thunder the looked around. "You're right, Central Park isn't the place for talk like this." He said. He motioned with his head a direction. "There's a wonderful coffee shop not too far from here." He said and started walking. He was curious as to what the future would hold in this Multi-Verse.

Thunder opened the door to the shop and waited for the others to enter. He motioned with his free hand. "Over is a secluded privet booth. We should be able to talk there with now worries." He said.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-12-09, 4:12 pm

Anya seemed a bit surprised, but moved to sit down. "I'm surprised you knew this place was here. Your old home must be just like ours, geographically." She got comfortable, still ignoring the looks some people sent her way. She had to admit, her outfit was...unique, but she liked it and it was comfortable for her. For that matter, the base clothes she wore changed as her power and body grew throughout her life cycle, so it's just how things were.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-12-09, 6:15 pm

Levante was a bit annoyed by some of the people looking at Lady Anya too hard, though with his presence nearby many were discouraged from looking too long, never mind approaching them. That was why he was glad they found a private booth like the new god had suggested, that way people couldn't stare really.

Of course. Levante mused mentally to himself. Acting like a bouncer for Lady Anya even when she doesn't need it is just the fun part. Luckily, Anya had a calming influence on the vampire when her presence was around.

He was the last one to sit down after Marcus once they got settled.

"I am curious how similar the place you come from is to ours." Marcus said to the God. "On that note if you have any questions about what's different here, then feel free to ask. But I'm assuming at least something's are similar, like some cities."

"It's an good thing we found you first. There's various individuals upon finding out what you are, would try to use you somehow. The unpleasant type of trash, to be sure." Levante frowned, thinking of something or another.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-12-11, 1:14 am

Thunder smiled at Anya, "Well my lady. it's been my experience that in various Multi-Verses much remains the same." he looked to Marcus "Politics, situations and people may change or stay the same. However some times it's the little things that don't." he looked away for a moment. "To be honest I didn't really know it was here. Though I had hope." He said giving s somewhat sheepish smile.

He looked to Levante his expression changed to something of concern. "How do you mean? Are their others out there that mean earth harm?" He asked. His expression changed to a hardened look. Like he was getting ready for battle. He could feel his adrenalin rising. this was also a new experience for him. He gripped his cup tighter and he could almost feel lightning in his eyes.

Thunder sighed and getting control of his emotions. He settled down and closed his eyes. Another deep breath and he opened them again. He held a steadfast look on his face. "In my verse I was charged with being the Guardian of Earthrealm. Godly power or no this place is my home now and I will defend it. Even as a mortal." He finished.

he closed his eyes again and shook his head. "Wow... that was a bit melodramatic. Though, I do still feel a responsibility to protect this realm." he opened his eyes again and looked to Anya and then back to his cup. "It's all I know. It's part of who I am." He said in almost a whisper.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-12-21, 6:06 pm

Anya was watching Thunder calmly through all of this, and after a moment, she smiled warmly. "Well, first I'd like to formally welcome you to my domain, Thunder. Second, I would like to inform you that I think I should be able to restore you to your old self, or at least part of the way, along with your powers. I can't be sure of it, but I have a good feeling about. However, I'm afraid that I can't do so until I am sure I can trust you. So far you seem to be perfectly pleasant, but I have been, as they say, 'burned' in the past, and I'm loathe to experience it again. In fact, that particular...traitor," and with that word, her gentle tone was briefly replaced with that of quiet anger, "is still around and causing pain for those I would wish to live peacefully. The point is, I don't want to do anything that I might regret. However, until you do prove you're trustworthy, and I'm sure you will, I will gladly help you in absolutely any other way you need." At this, she laid a hand over his, again giving him that warm smile.

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-12-21, 9:03 pm

Levante knew Anya was normally very kind to just about everyone, even to those who in his opinion didn't really deserve such consideration. So for even Anya to show even that bit of anger, from anyone who knew her even a little was a lot. Then again, the being in question was worse then trash or scum, Levante had been thinking of a adequate name for them, but it seemed none in the English accurately described him, Cain.

I can't call him a bastard, because he has no parents to call his own. Nor, can I call him trash because at least trash may have been mildly useful before being thrown away or recycled into something better.

"As for your question, the people who may have wished to use you would probably have more local goals." Marcus said. "That's to say, possibly try to win you over to their side to gain more power in whatever endeavor they're partaking in. Many of the true threats to this realm are sealed away. There are many more..unpleasant places that came about by chance or others own power. The Abyss is an example of this."

From there, Levante actually added his own two cents to the conversation.

"In either case Kaminari, you don't have to worry too much for now. Earth Realm is guarded by three Goddesses as well, Nao, Morrighan and Reinforishe. They're all sisters. You may or may not run into them eventually, they're rather busy most the time." Levante was thinking before he continued. "It's also backed by the Demon Realm, Celestia, Alus and the Netherworld. Before you ask, no neither the Demon Realm or Netherworld are evil realms." He grinned a bit. "The later though culture is a bit different to be sure though. If you have any questions, I'll answer them. Understand we might not be able to answer something's until we can fully trust you."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-12-23, 8:10 pm

A warm pleasant feel coursed its way through Thunder's now mortal body. He would have to take time to adjust. He then nodded to both Anya and Levante in turn. "I understand about trust. To prove myself to you all I wouldn't have it any other way." he smiled sheepishly, "I mean, I seem to have left my resume in another Multi-Verse." He chuckled at his own joke.

He then looked to Marcus, "I understand realms can't be judged by name alone. Realms themselves in my experience are hardly evil. It's the rulers or other people in charge that give to the impression that they are evil. Outworld isn't evil. It is a harsh environment to be sure but it's hardly evil." He smiled at Anya and nodded again to her before retracting his hand. He then steepled his fingers. "Now, for the matter of proving myself. I hope i'm not too presumptuous to assume my mentioning proving myself to you that you already have something in mind." he stated. he knew what ever task or quest they had in mind would not be easy.

He thought a moment and looked back to Anya. "I feel it best not to have my powers restored until I complete the tasks you set before me and prove myself to all of you." he held up a hand to halt any protest, "I understand that will increase the challenge however, because I was born a god I've only experienced mortality once. It was a grave experience indeed. I believe it would be best if I were to do this as a mortal. It'll give me a better understanding of their trials and tribulations. That knowledge would serve me well and in my opinion make me a better god." he finished.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-12-23, 9:03 pm

Anya seemed mildly embarrassed by this. "Oh...well, I actually didn't have any...quests, or anything planned for you at this moment...I suppose I could try and come up with something, but...honestly, I don't see a need to make someone risk their life needlessly just to prove themselves. There's not anything currently that I'd need you to do..."

Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2010-12-25, 7:27 pm

Levante chuckled a bit. "That's our Lady Anya for you, we wouldn't have her any other way. I think as long as you stay with us it'll all fall into place. It may not happen right away, but it should if this is the current trend."

Marcus nodded, drinking a bit more from his tea cup. "One thing I can help you with now if you want is maybe more of a taste what life is like for the mortals."

"In my long life, I've learned there actually is very little at times that separates us mortals from gods in certain areas." Levante had referred to himself as mortal, so that had thrown out the idea he was the 'live forever' type of vampire, then again he hadn't explained about his kind here just yet. "The main thing that can be said we live in different life cycles and one is generally more powerful then the other, and at times not even that."

"Indeed. I've always used it to describe more one's life-span myself." Marcus was about to say something else when there was a 'knock' on their private booth.

"I'm sorry to intrude, but I have an important message to deliver to Marcus."

Levante merely shrugged. "Its your call Marcus."

The Time Guardian only thought for a moment then got up to see what it was. "One moment." They left for what seemed like one minute before coming back with a note of some kind. "Rather strange. It's not everyday I get a letter delivered by a Valkyrie from Lamington."

"I'm sure you feel special." Levante remarked.

"Sometimes." Marcus and Levante did have a habit of hitting each other with barbs, but it was how they were and this was pretty tame. He began reading, skimming over it before frowning a bit. "We might have a problem."

Levante appeared a bit more serious. "Such as?"

"In the letter, Lamington said he wished to speak to me about abnormalities in our Multi-Verse. That is to say we might have other foreigners besides our new friend here. Not all of them may be friendly. That and he said he had other things he wanted to talk about.." Marcus paused. "I think its best you came as well Anya and if you want, you can come as well Thunder. Looks like we'll be paying a visit to Celestia."

Levante then shrugged. "If Lamington is asking for Marcus' presence it has to be important. Should I, Marcus or yourself do the honors of transporting us there?"

(No matter who does it, I'll start things off)

Last edited by Sion Reaver on 2011-08-12, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2011-08-02, 12:20 am

Thunder smiled. "Ask and ye shall recieve." He said with a chuckle. "Anything you need of me. Lead the way." He finished.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2011-10-25, 11:44 pm

Anya thought about that, then shrugged slightly. "One of you, please. I need to conserve energy with this Avatar, since they disappear when they use up their alotted power."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty2011-10-26, 12:32 am

"Then, I think I'll get started." Levante motioned for the group to gather around him. And when that was done, all of them sinked into the shadows, the place they were at was completely empty.

(Everyone's out, will start things off soon.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunder from a distant land.   Thunder from a distant land. Empty

Back to top Go down

Thunder from a distant land.
Page 1 of 1