The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Memories Of Yesterday and Today

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-04, 11:50 pm

"I think around eight thousand. There's more if I count funds everyone has together though." There was a lot more when counting eveyone else into things.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-05, 12:52 am

Shaya nodded. 'If I remember right, a normal Pokeball would be about a hundred... and a Luxury Ball would be five hundred. You can get certain balls at the PokeMart here in the PokeCenter. For a Luxury Ball... you could buy one from Azumi, I think.'
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-05, 12:55 am

Irene nodded to that. "That sounds fine. I'll ask about it later but for now.." It was time to meet some of Azumi's partners, she didn't even know what kind of Pokemon they all were yet but she'd find out soon. The Sif left the Arcanine for now, going to the park that was mentioned before spying Azumi as she made her way over.

"Who exactly are all your friends here?" She was really curious.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-05, 1:32 am

Azumi, when Irene arrived, was spending time with Asim. He continued to sulk, so she made it a point to make a daisy chain and put it on Asim's head like a crown, and was just adding more and more flowers to his new 'accessory'. She looked up at Irene, smiling. "Hey! Okay, this here is Asim. He's a Lucario, and was my first Pokemon. He's been with me since I was five, and he was still a Riolu. He evolved pretty early on in my journey once I started, a couple months ago. He's been my friend and protector for as long as I can remember, and he's really strong." She patted Asim's head, he looked only a little pleased by the praise, and then stood, motioning Irene to follow her over to an area of really tall grass. There appeared to be something large moving about slowly in the grass, Irene getting a glimpse of black scales occasionally, along with a hissing noise.

"Okay Irene, this is Ophelia, my Seviper. She's really strong as well... she was the first Pokemon I caught. All trainers have their own way of doing things. Some like to catch every new Pokemon they see, some only look for what is strong, or cute, or whatever. Me, I'll only catch a Pokemon that I feel a connection with. It's... hard to express. When I meet their eyes, I just... know, you know? I want to get to know them, to be their friend. I'm not sure what they see. Maybe a friend, or someone to help them get stronger, I don't know... but Ophelia here, the connection was instant. We saved each other... one second..."

Azumi stepped out into the grass, smiling. "Ophelia, stop messing around, come on out and meet Irene!" An instant later, and a large Seviper was coiling itself around Azumi's body until it's head was level with hers, and lightly bumped it's forehead against hers, before looking at Irene closely, letting out a light hiss. Azumi giggled, and continued, stroking Ophelia's head as she did. "I first encountered Ophelia when she was injured. I can only guess she got attacked by a group of Zangoose, Seviper's natural enemy. I had some extra potions, and I healed her up. Me and Asim then stood watch overnight while she rested. Zangoose and Seviper hate each other, so I was worried they might come back and kill her. Turned out I was right. Unfortunately, Asim wasn't able to deal with a large group like that by himself at the time.... and just when it was looking bad, Ophelia here saved us. I expected her to escape while me and Asim were fighting, but she didn't. We've been together ever since..." Azumi giggled again as Ophelia uncoiled from around her, only to use her tail to 'hug' Azumi more conventionally, nuzzling her again.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-05, 2:25 am

Irene was a bit amused when she saw Azumi and Asim her Lucario with the crown, though they didn't seem to mind it. She couldn't imagine Karman wearing something like that normally though; not unless for some reason Lulu really wanted him to and he was sure others couldn't see. Not that Karman would admit it he was..what was that word Lulu had said mentioned in anime a lot? Ah, tsundere. She only got the gist of it, but if the description was anything to go by, Karman was one.

She watched curiously as something moved through the grass. Even with her enhanced vision she couldn't make it out clearly until Azumi called them revealing a large snake. Irene knew Pokemon were based off various animals, but it still amazed her how bigger some of them really were.

So its like me then..

In a way listening to how the two met reminded Irene of herself, which made her happy and more comfortable. Having the conversation with Shaya and Acira only made her more uncomfortbale with forcing a Pokemon to come by weakening it and tossing a Pokeball out it. It just felt wrong to her. The other method, if they were willing to come she was all right with.

"Nice to meet both of you." Irene heard from her reading of the Pokedex Lucario were telepathic but she didn't expect much in return since she was a stranger. "You've only been at this for a couple of months, but you have four partners. Did you befriend the others too?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-05, 3:09 am

Azumi grinned. "Silly, you can't catch a Pokemon without befriending it. Not really, anyway. Sure, you can get them in the ball, but if they don't accept you, then there's no point. People view things their own ways, but a true trainer, they know the truth of things. A Pokemon is only truly as strong as it's bond with it's trainer. They could be incredibly powerful, but if they don't trust their trainer, then they won't win. And you can't catch a Pokemon that doesn't want to be caught, at least subconciously." She pulled away from Ophelia, stroking her head again as she did, and motioned for Irene to walk with her toward a man-made cave.

"To catch a Pokemon, you must first weaken it in battle. This is what everyone learns. It's not strictly true, because you CAN catch a Pokemon without fighting it first, it's just likely to fail. A lot of people, usually people who are new to being a trainer, or who haven't taken the time to learn about it, think that it's because you have to make the Pokemon too weak to fight back, so it can't escape. But, that's not how it really is, Irene. That's not even close to the truth. If that was the case, Pokemon would never fight alongside us. The ball doesn't force them to listen to us, or to obey us. If a Pokemon wants to, they can leave, or even attack us. It's their choice to fight for us, and it's their choice to be caught. You fight and 'weaken' a Pokemon to earn it's respect. To show it that you are worth their time, that they can learn something from you, just as you learn from them."

Azumi placed a hand on Irene's arm as they stopped in front of a cave, looking a little sad. "This isn't always the case, of course... sometimes, Pokemon don't need to be fought first. And sometimes, some bad people don't give the Pokemon a choice. I hate it, but it's a reality all trainer's have to face; that they will likely at some point encounter someone who uses their Pokemon as tools, instead of treating them as partners. But that's a minority, okay? Most trainers are good people, who love their Pokemon with all their heart, and are in turn loved by them... Shaya told me you have an Umbreon, right? You love him, don't you? You protect him just as much as he protects you? Because that's how it's supposed to be. How it usually is... sometimes, though... certain Pokemon can lose respect for their trainer... not in the trainer themselves, but their strength... Rayld loves me, and I love him, but he doesn't respect me anymore. He's gotten strong since I caught him, but I haven't kept up. I only have three badges so far, and I guess that's not enough. Rayld won't listen to me anymore. Ignores any orders I give..."

She sighed, and knelt down in front of the cave. "Rayld? Can you come out please? It's not time to go yet, I'd just like to introduce you to a new friend of mine, okay?" After a long moment, a Pupitar hopped, despite a lack of legs, into view, looking at Azumi and Irene lazily. "...Thank you. Irene, this is Rayld, my Pupitar. He used to be a Larvitar when I caught him with Asim's help. He accepted me, and still does... he just... you know, doesn't trust me in battle anymore..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-05, 3:24 am

"I..see."
Irene nodded slowly, that made sense. Thinking about it, she couldn't think of a reason why such a thing would be legal if it was forcing Pokemon against their will to obey and fight. It was just she hadn't been entirely sure before hand. "What is so important about having a badge as far as respecting you goes? I don't really understand entirely."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-05, 3:38 am

Azumi sighed. "Trainer's all have different goals, but usually, we aspire to become Pokemon Champion; the best trainer around. Each region has it's own league and own Champion. The Pokemon League is where the best of the best in a region go. However, before you can get there, you have to prove yourself by besting the eight Gym Leaders of the region, and earning the eight Gym Badges. The badges serve as a mark of accomplishment, experience, to show what you are capable of as a trainer. The more badges you have earned, the more your Pokemon will respect you as a trainer. Each Gym Leader is tougher than the last, so a trainer has to keep improving in order to beat them. In Rayld's case... I proved I could train him and make him stronger, yes, but not that I have the experience and wisdom to properly guide him in battle. The Pokemon are the one's fighting, but if their trainer is making mistakes, or freezing up, it can lose them the battle. Until I can prove to Rayld that I have that experience and wisdom to properly guide him, he won't trust me to make decisions for him in the heat of battle."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-05, 3:58 am

Irene nodded slightly, understanding the basic idea behind it. She didn't have much of a interest in it herself, but she didn't know if her new partner would like such things. If so, she would give the whole trainer thing a try fully.

"I think I understand." She said once Azumi finished. "It's about experience. What species of Pokemon is your last partner?" She did recall one more.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-05, 4:19 am

Azumi's smile returned, and she called out. "Ignius! Come meet a new friend of mine!" After a moment, Irene would see a Typhlosion running toward them, coming to a bit of a skidding stop next to Azumi, eyeing Irene curiously while Azumi rubbed it's belly. At six foot, it was a bit too tall for her to pat it's head at the moment. "Irene, this is Ignius, my Typhlosion. His line is one of the traditional starters for the Johto region, but they can be encountered elsewhere, thankfully. That's how I met Ignius here, when he was still a Quilava. Anyway, these four are my team. The only reason I don't fully count Shaya..." She smiled, taking Shaya's hand as the Gardevoir smiled back. "While I consider her a good friend, something tells me I'm not the one she's meant to be with, if that makes sense. I just feel there is someone else out there. Shaya's true trainer. Sort of like a Soulmate, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-05, 4:43 am

Irene heard the term soulmates but she wasn't sure if she believed in them or not, then again she knew so little about romance what did she really know? It was a subject none of her friends really had much knowledge of and it wasn't considered 'useful' during their time at the labs so it wasn't talked about much. The only things Irene knew a bit about it was with the researchers at the lab that were far more kind and patient.

The large Typhlosion made Irene blink, briefly reminding her of Keiko; or at least how she'd look eventually.

There was one question..she felt a bit awkward asking but maybe Azumi would know or Shaya better yet since she heard.

"Um..I have a question that's a bit off topic but has been bugging me. I've heard of Pokemon breeding..how..uh..how does it work? I know you people don't force it, the good people but erh.." She was fumbling now. "I don't know how to phrase my question.."

By now her ears all the way to her pointed tips were bright red as was her face.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-05, 4:48 am

Azumi blinked, blushing a little as well. "Um... well... for most people, it just kind of happens... you notice there's an egg there that wasn't before. Um... some Pokemon don't always lay eggs though. It depends on circumstances I think... um... official breeders, it's more about grooming and raising pokemon, and encouraging, but not forcing, pokemon to breed, with a mind toward trying to get specific results... um... did that help at all?" She was blushing crimson now.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-05, 4:53 am

Irene was still blushing but nodded a bit. "Ah..yes. I think I can understand. Sorry for bringing it up just..wasn't sure who to ask and you're the first other trainer that might know that's also my friend."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-05, 5:02 am

Azumi nodded quickly. "Um... yeah, anyway, Pokemon... um... it works mostly like any other living thing... just, most of them lay eggs usually... um... certain one's like Gardevoir are pretty much exactly the same as humans in that... area of... things... like that..."

'Yes, it's true. In terms of reproduction, I am no different than you or Azumi, or any other woman. I can even have a child with anyone I wish, Pokemon or not. My appearance, however, does mean I am just as much a target for certain kinds of criminals as other women are.'
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-06, 9:03 pm

"So you're a mammal then. I thought so, because a lot of humanoids are but I wasn't quite sure since a lot of Pokemon have eggs instead of live birth." Irene looked thoughtful, intellectual curiosity bypassing embarrassment she may have had. "Has..there ever been a case of a Gardevoir having a child with a race outside of Pokemon?" She asked Shaya specifically but not limited to her.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-06, 9:09 pm

Azumi blushed even deeper, covering her face, while Shaya tilted her head. 'I have never heard of such a case, but I wouldn't be surprised. Gardevoir, especially, are known for forming strong, affectionate relationships with their trainers. Our appearance results in the trainers being especially drawn to us as well.'
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-07, 12:57 am

Irene nodded a bit. "I see." She was thinking to herself now, and seeing how embarrassed Azumi was decided to change the subject. "I was wondering something Azumi. I don't know the first thing about battling really..or how it really works. I read on it but I've never once been in a Pokemon battle. I'm not sure if that's the path I'll take..but if my new partner wants I'll try to give it a try but first I really need to know how."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-07, 1:26 am

Azumi cleared her throat, and nodded. "Um, okay, I can like... um, teach you, I guess. If you're a trainer, you're going to need to learn. Whether you want to take on the Pokemon league, or even just to defend yourself.... I'm not really very good yet... but we can have a mock battle, I think. That could help, probably. I think I'd teach better that way... um, you said you're new... do you know how to check your Pokemon's moves?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-09, 1:59 am

Irene thought about it. "It's the Pokedex, it tells you the moves Pokemon can learn as well as other things. When I get enough money to and find it, I'm going to get a translator so I can understand my partner without Shaya around. Maybe one day I'll even have more."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-09, 2:02 am

Azumi nodded a bit. "Is your Umbreon with you right now, or relaxing somewhere? And what's their name?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-10, 4:38 am

Irene thought about it and shook her head. "They're relaxing right now at the moment and their name is Umbra." It wasn't an original name, but it worked
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-10, 5:01 am

Azumi nodded. "Best not to bother him then. So, you can borrow one of my partners for a mock battle. Obviously not Rayld... and Shaya is honestly a lot stronger than the others and would be better off giving advice from the sidelines... so, Ignius, Ophelia, or Asim? He'll perk up at the chance to show off, the silly thing."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-11, 4:07 am

Irene wasn't too sure about who to pick, since she didn't know any of Azumi's partners but she decided to go with Asim after the comment. "How about Asim? If he wants too."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-11, 2:51 pm

Asim seemed to just appear at Irene's side, and looked up at her, nodding, causing Azumi to giggle. "Well, I think that answers your question. Anyway, I'll use Ophelia. How well do you know type effectiveness?" As she asked this, Ophelia slithered her way over, lazily circling Azumi, Asim, and Irene.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty2013-12-11, 9:39 pm

Irene shook her head. "I just know the basics. Fire is weak to ground, water and rock for example. I had some time to study even if I've never been in a battle before."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Memories Of Yesterday and Today
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next