The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-10-22, 11:52 pm

Iliara paused at that. "I... don't know. If I could avoid war, I'd like to. It's more that, if he discovers I am here, it could cause a war. As for my uncle... he does need to be stopped. A large part of the Akashi army, are women, and Kenshin is known as the 'Goddess of War'; she leads our armies into battle on the front lines herself. The issue is that Kensei... he cannot stand the thought of a woman having any authority over a man. He has very... distasteful, views of what a woman's purpose is. If he has his way, then my sister, most of Akashi's army, and all our female citizens, will essentially become slaves to the men."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-10-27, 12:14 am

Reifer and Hector's faces were grim, but the later had a bit more control of showing his emotions out for the world to see. "How loyal are the people under Kensei? Is he highly regarded? Would the people within react negatively if he was no longer in power or deceased? And on the last, would his armies want to fight still if he wasn't there? Any answers to these questions, if you have them would help. You don't play chess without knowing where the other pieces are at."
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-10-27, 12:24 am

Iliara sighed at that. "I wish I could answer all of those questions. Kensei is crafty, and very manipulative. I didn't discover his plans until it was too late, and at that point, he already made his move against me. I don't know how many people are aware of his plans, how many will support him, anything like that. I know that, currently, Kenshin is still in power, and the women of our lands at least are loyal. If it helps, the territory of Houjo may be worth looking into. They have long been allies of Akashi against Takeda, and the current head of Houjo was a friend of my father. The problem is, that until there is proof of Kensei's actions, there is little I can do. Kenshin's loyalty itself is unyielding. She won't turn on either me or Kenshin without hard evidence, so she'll just be... stuck."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-10-27, 12:36 am

Reifer felt his respect for the young woman grow, she obviously was the type to think things through before going on with things. Weighing the options and consequences of your actions was a important skill to learn even for everyday people, much less those in his position. "Could you tell us about said territory? Any bit would help. I have heard a bit about it."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-10-27, 1:07 am

Iliara nodded a bit. "The Houjo House controls four territories; three of them border each other, and the fourth is the 'Death Country' that's sealed away to the south. Houjo, Nanjou, Saijou, and Toujou. Those are the four houses that are masters of the 'Yin Yang Ways', and they compete every few years to decide who leads the territories. Their duties are to seal strange portals that have been called 'Hell Holes' by most, and to destroy whatever comes out of them. Masters of this are known as 'Diviners'. Souun is the current leader of Houjo House, and the strongest Diviner there has ever been. They all specialize in creating powerful charms and seals on paper. For attacking, defending, sealing, relaying messages, spying, and summoning."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-10-27, 11:43 pm

Hector hummed slightly. "So would you suggest paying them a visit? If so, since you have the most knowledge of that area its best we deter to you in this case."

"It might help but wouldn't solve the issue of hard proof. The only course of action I can think of would be spies and that could potentially backfire" Reifer frowned.

"But waiting too long could potentially make things explode anyway."
Hector gave a dramatic sigh. "A hard spot, you're lucky we kind of like you and yours so much. It helps me and Reifer are crazy in our own way." It was a weak joke in the otherwise somber mode but in his opinion while it was a serious matter, it shouldn't be allowed to burn themselves out. Despite the situation, they still had time. It was possible forever depending on how things go.

But the saying, the best laid plans..
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-10-28, 2:11 am

Iliara smiled weakly. "I can only hope Kensei waits long enough to enact his plans, that we can put a stop to them before things go wrong... as for spies... Kenshin has always been very good at catching spies, so I wouldn't advise it..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-10-30, 11:06 pm

Hector drummed his fingers briefly on the table before standing up. "Hm. I can't think of anything outright. However, this requires more thinking on my part. I'm going to be retiring to my quarters drawing things up, if something of mind comes up I'll let you know. Have a good night everyone."

"And Lenneth?"
Reifer asked.

The angel smiled. "She's bonding with Yuki, I'll let them both be. It's good to see her like this. Again, good night."

After watching his friend leave, Reifer turned to them. "Was there anything else you wanted to discuss?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-10-30, 11:29 pm

Asakura shook his head, while Iliara simply bowed to Reifer. "I only wish to thank you once more for your part in saving myself and Yuki. I am forever in your debt."

"And I merely wish to tell you that when you leave in the morning, you will have our greatest healers with you. I pray they will find a cure to your mother's illness."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-10-31, 3:22 am

Reifer shook his head. "Think nothing of it. Though, if you're really adamant about repaying me I just have the small request. I would like to spend more time with you to get to know you better. I've only known Ilaria the bodyguard for a short time. It would be nice to simply get to know Iilara Akashi when we aren't under so much stress."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-11-17, 6:57 pm

Iliara's face flushed, and she sputtered a bit. "Um... well..."

"If you'd like, I could dismiss Iliara and Yuki's bodyguard and let you hire her." Iliara whirled around, confused by Asakura's words. He held up a hand to calm her. "I know you do not enjoy being a bodyguard to Yuki. You care for her, yes, but she does not need a bodyguard of your caliber any longer. She's not defenseless as she once was. You deserve a chance to broaden your horizons. Besides, your chances of being discovered by Kensei are higher here, than they would be there." This seemed to calm Iliara, and Asakura turned back to Reifer.

"What do you think, Lord Reifer? You could hire her, and if it's a good fit, you could officially induct her into your ranks later." 
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-11-19, 2:45 pm

Reifer wouldn't mind that, it would give him time to get to know the woman more. "I would be more then happy too. But what about you Iliara? I might like it but its all up to you of course."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-12-17, 8:14 pm

Iliara seemed a bit conflicted, but after a moment, she nodded. "I... think I would like that. It's safer for Asai-Asakura, and Yuki doesn't need me anymore... I would like to spend time with her and tell her myself though. If you don't mind, Lord Asakura?" The aged man nodded with a smile, and Iliara bade them both goodnight before leaving to track down Yuki and Lenneth.

"...She's a beautiful young woman, is she not, Lord Reifer?" Asakura was smiling almost mischievously.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-12-20, 1:26 am

Reifer didn't catch on instantly at first, he was generally a smart young man but as his mother told him, some times he missed the obvious. "Yes she is. I hope everything works out for her in the end, she was dealt with a bad hand."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-12-20, 2:24 am

Asakura was a little taken aback. Perhaps his assumption that Reifer had an interest in Iliara as a woman had been wrong? "Indeed... though I must remind you of the risk she represents. If Kensei discovers she is with you, he will do everything in his power to ensure she dies. He may even convince Kenshin to go to war with you... and while I have no doubt you are an able and capable fighter and leader... Kenshin is not a foe one would want to face."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-12-20, 2:54 am

"It may be, but I'll protect Iilara the best I can.
" Reifer said firmly with clear resolve. "..Of course hopefully if it comes to it I can avoid the brunt of it. Power aside I don't want to face her sister for obvious reasons."

After a moment he spoke again. "..Is she interested in anyone?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-12-20, 3:50 am

Asakura blinked, and chuckled a bit. "Seems I was right after all. No, Iliara has shown no interest in anyone. Though it would appear you have an interest in her?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-12-25, 7:23 pm

Reifer smiled. "I do. If I'm honest though I'm sincere with wanting to help, another reason is wanting to get to know them more. Attraction alone doesn't make it. Though, to be honest..I was never once involved with anyone before."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-12-25, 7:43 pm

Asakura nodded. "Far as I know, neither has she. She and her sister had a lot of responsibility thrown onto them at a young age, along with constant fighting... Akashi has been embroiled in war with Takeda since I was a child myself." He shook his head. "Take good care of her, and see to it that she doesn't overwork herself. Now, unless you have more to discuss, I will retire for the night, and see you in the morning with the healers that will be travelling with you."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-12-28, 12:36 am

"Good night Asakura." Reifer watched the older man leave before going to get some sleep himself for the night.

Around the next morning Reifer woke up early in the morning well rested and ready to go. Hector was likely up around this time knowing his own sleeping schedule but you never knew with that man. Either way after getting his personal things taken care of, he headed down stairs to get something to eat as well as greet anyone who might of been around at the time.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-12-28, 12:53 am

Iliara and Yuki were both at large table eating, and seemingly chatting quietly. Yuki looked up, and smiled slightly at Reifer. "Good morning, Lord Reifer. My father is making sure the medics are all ready to go, so you will see him then."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-12-28, 1:21 am

Reifer smiled as he sat down. "Morning you two, its good to see you both."

Moments later Hector and Lenneth came down the stairs too, though Lenneth seemed pretty sluggish at the moment. Probably wasn't a morning person.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2015-12-28, 1:51 am

Yuki smiled and waved to Lenneth, while Iliara lapsed into silence now that her conversation with Yuki was done. She seemed to be rather quiet in the mornings herself, rather intent on her food.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2016-01-02, 12:34 am

Lenneth perked up a bit when Yuki smiled and waved at her, she was about to go over, then paused and looked up at her father who chuckled. "You don't need my permission for that, go ahead." Without another word she went over to where Yuki was sitting by and sat down by them. "Lenneth is pretty fond of you, Yuki. We won't be able to do it as often due to distance, but if its all right with you Lenneth said she'd like to visit you when she can."

As that conversation went, Reifer was also pretty quite; mainly due to things upcoming with his mother. That didn't mean, however, he didn't notice Iliara doing the same. Maybe he was reading too much into it and she simply wasn't a morning person, though he doubted it since being a bodyguard required getting up early. Still..

"You all right, Iliara?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty2016-01-12, 10:16 pm

Yuki was surprised, but smiled. "I would like that. As part of our new alliance, we will periodically send messages or even ambassadors to discuss things. We can send messages this way, and Lenneth can also visit at times. If possible, I suppose I could visit as well. We will see."

Iliara raised a brow, before nodding. "I'm well, yes. Why?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next