The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Helping Hand

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-20, 5:50 am

Melissa was studying Haku's face and reactions. She giggled. "Heehee. That means it'll be all the more uplifting when you find out I'm genuine!" Their next stop was a clothing store. "There were a few things I wanted to see here... You don't have any spare clothes... Do you, Haku?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-20, 5:52 am

Haku shrugged a bit. "Never had a need for them. I can clean these when they get dirty."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-20, 6:16 am

Melissa feigned shock by staggering a step back. "A woman without a wardrobe?! Blasphemy!" She took Haku's hand and led her into the store. "We'll get you a few changes here, today..." She waved Haku over to her. "Come on, come on! Help me choose! I don't know what fashion you like."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-20, 6:20 am

Haku just looked at her again. "...I don't know. I like purple, I guess..."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-20, 7:20 am

"Purple... That does narrow it down a little." Melissa leaned toward the racks, picking out possible candidates. "You'll try some of these on, won't you? I can only guess your size, and I can't tell you what you'll favor." Her tone was still chipper as ever.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-20, 1:56 pm

Haku just sighed. "I guess...." SHe didn't understand why Melissa was doing all of this. It made no sense to her.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 2:42 am

"Hooray!" Melissa grinned widely as she handed Haku a few different garments. She started leading her toward the dressing rooms. "Try these, and tell me if you like any! You have to have more than one outfit. Washing the same one will become a hassle..." She mumbled the last part to herself.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 2:45 am

Haku sighed, and made her way into the dressing room. Unfortunately, she tried them all on without leaving the dressing room, simply making sure they fit, and that she didn't dislike them. When she came back, she shrugged. "They fit and I don't dislike them."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 4:02 am

Melissa smiled and took this as a temporary victory. "Good! Let's go~!" She whisked the clothes off to the checkout counter. Once outside, she got to thinking about her remaining tasks. "I still need to restock on that... Do you have any drinks that you like in particular?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 4:12 am

Haku actually answered that immediately. "Sake. I like... Sake."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 4:31 am

"Heehee... Okay." Melissa wasn't sure whether she should be enthused or saddened by the enthusiastic answer. She entered a small liquor store, yet another regular store for her. She greeted the clerk before browsing the surprisingly large selection of alcohols. "I like the stronger drinks, myself." She said while grabbing a few bottles of gin. She moved on to find the sake next. "Sake's always delicious, though. You've got good taste, Haku!"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 4:38 am

Haku just shrugged again, but she seemed to be looking about the liquor store with far too much interest. She was an alcoholic, after all, and being in here was like bringing a child to a candy store in a way.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 8:48 pm

Melissa sighed to herself, watching Haku. This place seemed to make her happiest; a store full of many a means of escape. That an entire world could drive one poor girl to this... "...If you'd like to pick out a few more drinks, feel free. Drinking buddies should experiment with new drinks, don't you think?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 9:10 pm

Haku glanced at Melissa, then moved to do just that. Vodka, whiskey, and surprisingly or not, Peppermint Schnapps. She got one large bottle each, and came back to Melissa.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 9:46 pm

Melissa giggled upon Haku's return. "Quite the selection! Okay~, let's get these paid for." Melissa purchased the drinks, but was having a hard time juggling the bags. "Aw, Haku? Would you mind helping me with some of these? We'll be on our way home, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 9:49 pm

Haku nodded, taking some of the bags to make it easier for Melissa. She still didn't look happy, but seemed more compliant now.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 10:21 pm

"Thank you~!" Melissa cheerfully led the way back to her house. She set the new clothes in the guest room, then began putting away the food and drink she bought. "You're so quiet. Don't you want to ask me anything? Or am I just the stranger who's been dragging you all over the town?" Melissa laughed a little at the joke.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 10:25 pm

Haku's response was less than ideal. "You're a kind person.... who hasn't realized I'm not worth keeping around."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 10:34 pm

Melissa wagged a finger at her. "Or I'm a kind person who prefers kind company? I've been around you for almost a day, now, and I still haven't changed my mind. I strongly doubt you can say anything that will." Haku had not once said anything mean, to Melissa or anyone else they'd encountered. It was obvious she wasn't an abrasive person.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 10:37 pm

Haku just shook her head an sighed. "Say what you want. It always turns out the same... always..."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 10:43 pm

Melissa stopped what she was doing and stepped toward Haku. "And why will this time be the same? You said yourself that I'm kind, didn't you? I'm pretty reasonable, too. So unless you give me a reason to turn on you, one I really don't think you could muster, I'm not going to." She tilted her head to the side with an innocent smile. "Please tell me. Why should I hate you?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 10:58 pm

It was almost as if Haku's eyes dimmed. "Because... that's what I was made for. I was made to be hated. It was why they created me. I was created for the purpose of drawing everyone's hate onto me, instead of on my sisters or our creators... being hated is the reason I exist..."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-21, 11:22 pm

...What? What was that, even? Creating someone for the sole purpose of hating them? Melissa almost couldn't process this; couldn't handle it. Her smile snapped to a flat line and her eyes changed to a silver tainted by green. "What person would..." That someone would do such a thing...! Melissa needed to calm down. She quickly shut her eyes and shakily took a deep breath. When she opened her eyes, they were green once more. Her smile quickly returned. She then slowly approached Haku, and hugged her.

"Listen to me, Haku. Where you were born and where you are have no connection. Here, people will be happy to know you simply because you're there. Even more so after getting to know you." She still hadn't let Haku go. "Here, you are special for being you. And I intend to show that to you everyday until you can smile..." Melissa released Haku and poked her on the nose. "Which shouldn't be too hard. You live here, now, after all!" That is, of course, what she'd been up to for most of the day.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-22, 12:59 pm

Haku just looked at Melissa with a bit of surprise. "...I don't know why you're trying so hard... but... alright. I at least owe you a chance to prove what you're saying... I don't think you will though...."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty2013-02-23, 1:28 am

Melissa smiled at Haku. "Oh, it is going to be SO much fun proving it! Then you'll be happy and I'll get to hear you sing! Don't think I'll forget~!" She put away the last of their spoils. "Now. What say we go retrieve my lovely daughter? I'm sure she'll just love meeting you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Helping Hand
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next