The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Helping Hand

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-18, 7:30 am

Haku just shrugged a bit. "Sometimes that quick healing can get in the way." Sounded fairly ominous. "After escaping our home planet, me and my sisters were seperated... and now, I've gone from a planet where I was the most hated person on the planet, to being completely alone...."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-18, 7:44 am

This actually saddened Melissa quite a bit. "Oh, my. So you've been living alone, too. You poor girl. Have you tried contacting Nobus to help search for your sisters?" Not knowing where one's family members were, or if they were even okay, could be incredibly disconcerting.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-18, 12:58 pm

Haku nodded slowly. "Sort of... I tapped into their computers... they havent' encountered my sisters anywhere, and our home planet isn't in Nobus jurisdiction..."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-18, 9:43 pm

Melissa clasped her hands together and staved off her distress. There was still positive to be seen, better to be undetected rather than found in bad shape. Or worse. "Well, that's no reason to lose hope! Maybe they haven't arrived yet, or are just on the fringes of our known realms. Either way, it's quite fortunate you've traveled to this world. The populous is generally decent or better in morale." She tilted her head slightly, still smiling. "And it's pretty hard to be alone here. You already have one friend, whether you choose to believe me or not!"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-18, 9:50 pm

Judging by the look on Haku's face, she didn't believe Melissa, but it seemed resigned. "...Why would you want me around? I'm an alchoholic, and if those pictures in the hall are anything to go by, you have a daughter..."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-18, 11:52 pm

"Hm... I can see how that would be an issue for most people, but you don't seem the dangerous type. Heavy, but not dangerous." There was absolutely no drinking while Elise was around/awake, something she would always enforce. "That, and I don't like the idea of leaving you alone. You could really use some happy in your life!"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-19, 12:07 am

Haku just frowned again, but said nothing, just... sitting there in a funk. She seemed unfazed by Melissa's words, but at least she wasn't on the verge of tears this time.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-19, 12:25 am

Melissa watched her for a few silent moments. She wasn't crying anymore, but her dejection was far too fierce to be simply talked away. Helping her could take weeks, months, even years for all she knew. Time didn't matter, so long as she could raise Haku's spirits just a little. Melissa set her hands on the table and stood up. "Why don't you come with me today? I have a few errands to run before picking up Elise. It's boring to go alone, so, please?" She tilted her head and asked sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-19, 12:33 am

Haku paused, then shrugged slightly. "Alright, I guess. I... don't have anywhere else to go, so..."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-19, 1:01 am

That strengthened Melissa's resolve and broadened her smile. "Heehee, good!" She floated off to gather her things, she was already dressed and groomed for the day. "Come on, come on! We've got a few stops, so no dawdling!" She started for the door with her purse and keys.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 12:44 am

Haku sighed, and got up, moving to follow Melissa. She didn't know why she bothered doing so, but... well, she had to admit that Melissa was nice. The least she could do would be to give her the benefit of the doubt.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 1:13 am

Melissa gleefully walked down the street, leading the way for Haku. Her first destination wasn't far off. They quickly came upon a small book store. Melissa opened the door for Haku before stepping in herself. A short and white-haired older woman sat behind the counter adjacent to the door. She smiled upon seeing the entering pair. "Oh, Melissa! Your books came in just a few hours ago!" Melissa beamed at this.

"Yesss! Thank you, Olivia. And I have someone I want you to meet! This is my friend, Haku." She nudged Haku forward to say hello.

Olivia looked her over with a smile. "My! Well aren't you pretty? Have you come to look for a book?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 1:23 am

Haku just looked down a bit. She seemed rather uncomfortable for some reason. "No... I'll be going soon..."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 2:07 am

Melissa frowned slightly, receiving the books Olivia passed to her. She could tell Haku was uncomfortable, so she decided to cut her visit short. "She's right, we've got to run. Lot's of things to do today!" Olivia's smile faded.

"Oh, that's too bad. Well, come by again if you ever want to find something. Or if you just want to gab, that's fine too!" Melissa smiled and waved to her as they exited the store.

"Are you feeling okay, sweetie?" She asked on her way to the next place. They had to get to the grocery store, next.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 2:19 am

Haku's frown deepened. "...I'm used to being thrown out of stores." She said it so matter of factly.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 2:34 am

Melissa abruptly turned to face Haku and lightly poked her square on the nose. "Don't be so worried, silly! You won't be kicked out of any of these stores, especially if you're with me!" She wouldn't let that happen. Besides, the people on her usual route were nice. It was the company she preferred. They'd already arrived at the grocery store before she knew it.

With a tilt of her head, Melissa turned to Haku again. "What are some things you like to eat, Haku?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 2:48 am

Haku paused at that. "...I don't know, really... I just... drink, mostly. I don't really have to eat, so I don't always do it..."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 2:55 am

"Mmm... That... does make things easier? In a way. We'll just have to try out different things!" She'd had plenty of practice in finding good behind most situations. Melissa started gathering different ingredients. "What do you like to do? Um, besides the drinking."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 3:08 am

Haku, if anything, seemed even more depressed at that question. Made one wonder if she'd ever been actually happy. "...Singing... and dancing... but I'm not good at either..."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 3:30 am

Melissa suddenly spun to face Haku, much faster than she'd done in the past. "Really?!" There were sparkles in her eyes. "You have to sing for me! You're going to sing for me!" She started happily skipping toward the checkout counter. "I'm going to hear Haku's beautiful singing voice~!" She turned to Haku again. "You'll let me hear you sing, won't you? Please, pleeeeeaaaase?" She was determined to keep her mood elevated and continue to attempt the same for Haku.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 3:32 am

Haku was turning red, and clearly getting very nervous. "N-n-no! I'm.. I'm not any good! Everyone says so... I... no!" She seemed about to turn and run, clearly upset.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 4:37 am

Melissa stood back on her heels and pouted. "Poo. Okay, I'm not going to force you... Today. I'll get you to sing someday, mark my words!" She winked as she purchased the food items. On their way to the next stop, they passed through a park. Melissa was strolling, simply enjoying her company. "You know, I've been listening to you talk since last night. Even at normal pitch, you really do have a beautiful voice." She toned her fervor down a bit, not wanting to push Haku too much.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 4:45 am

Haku just shook her head. It seemed that no matter how much Melissa praised her or tried to cheer her up, she just wouldn't believe it. "Nothing about me is beautiful..." Clearly, there was something seriously wrong in Haku's mind, to give her such a skewed view of herself.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 5:29 am

Melissa felt that Haku's issue self-depreciation was a deep rooted, indeed. "'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. I'll bet we could ask everyone we meet for the remainder of the day and they would agree: You're very beautiful." Her thinking would change eventually. "Do you really think I'm lying to you?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 5:31 am

Haku just gave Melissa a look. "Why wouldn't I? I didn't think other people were lying to me, but they were... I'm just tired of hurting... and it hurts less if I don't let people get my hopes up..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Helping Hand
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next