The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Never Surrender

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-05-31, 4:55 am

She looked up him raising her mask a little “Ah, that’s right, you soul demons don’t know how to have fun?” she said just playing with him, although she knew it would be a little alien to him. She rustled her hair before she licked her lips at the drink “Bitter, maybe I should have picked up the lemonade instead” she frowned knowing she could get some later on. She watched the sword dancers and fire eaters and the other entertaining acts; dragging Grave along with her which made Deadly chuckle as she tried to get him to have some fun at least.
She sipped her drink slowly, not affected by the alcohol in the slightest, only the bitterness which she was not pleased with and did get a lemonade afterwards.
“hmm, what do you lot do for fun, there must be something?”
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-05-31, 7:44 pm

Grave followed willingly for the most part, he simply observed the entertainment and the dangers behind some of the acts. The sword dancers were surprisingly agile and deft while handling their swords, large or small. The fire breathers were only individuals without the natural ability to breathe flame. It appeared that danger was amusing during celebrations. Small bands played together to form a harmonious string of music to which a great deal of the crowd danced. Myriad stalls and mini-shops sold indigenous and foreign foods alike.

"'Fun' is... very subjective for us. Few have the luxury live in one location, let alone meld socially. I've had no need for it nor interaction." Grave answered. Most people aspired to let off steam, be it for the simple joy of it, stress release or whatever. Grave had spent his days silent, searching and observing the world rather than becoming immersed within. "My people did not settle together, either. Customs regarding celebrations or the like were never formed." Eventually finding the drink to be too distasteful, Grave discarded it in favor of a sweeter drink.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-01, 3:57 am

She listened to the string music not finding that to her taste really but it was nice and they got to relax for a little while at least although he didn’t seem to be grabbing at the concept, she listened to what he said “Hmmm, that must be why you rarely see two soul demons in one place, you all just don’t get along” she said rustling her hair, “prefer the sweet drink as well, I don’t understand how they can drink that stuff, painfully bitter” she said.

She looked up a little before hearing one of the singers picking through the lyrics to the soul she frowned "Talk about bitterness" she said and settled herself down to finish her drink.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-02, 3:06 am

The crowd continued its noisy clamor; the din rose and fell randomly as different performances began and ended. Grave listened to the singer amongst the noise and was not particularly amused. "I much prefer your song to theirs." He stated while leaning back against a wall nearby. Music was much more appealing when sang with raw emotion. Spite and the like were fluctuating emotions, things that could be captured but not forced.

Part of the crowd made way for a new spectacle. A large costume decorated as a beast held numerous persons underneath. The costumed group slithered about the crowd and released a breath of flame occasionally. Grave looked on in mild confusion. "Dressing as a large creature... Is that, too, considered fun?" The crowd seemed very entertained by the show. He shrugged and pushed away from the wall. "Perhaps it is simply not for me. I'll seek shelter for this night." Empty houses were an abundance thanks to the ongoing celebration. Playing it safe, Grave selected a place nearest the town's edge. He sat and listened to the inner city's musics from the festivities beyond the window.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-02, 5:07 am

“To some yes and thank you” she said, she stayed a little while longer before she tracked down the house Grave had picked. She thought to herself a little before she sang softly to him, he deserved to have a little fun at least and well, and he didn’t seem to have had any at the festival, The raw emotion coating her voice once more as she sang sweetly. Finishing the song she rustled her wings “you need to have some fun or you’ll become boring” she said bluntly to him before she looked around the place “good choice as well, we can get out quickly as well” she smiled before finding somewhere to settle down.

She jerked away almost screaming when she snapped awake from some old memories, shivering adn shaken. Deadly looked to her "Been a while since those memroies were triggered" she said, giving a nod she groaned, tired. "maybe the festival triggered them" she said stopping ehrself shaking and stood up tog o have a bit of a walk noticing Grave was in his usual spot as always.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-04, 8:51 pm

Grave sat in silence and listened to the song intently. 'Fun' was something he would need to work on, but this moment was enough enjoyment for him. "Perhaps so. My thanks." was his response before she left to sleep. He sat a while longer in the dark before drifting off to 'sleep'.

A sudden, startled movement within the house tore him from his rest. In a silent flash, he held his sword ready at the draw. From the other room, he could faintly hear Deadly's words. Ashes had merely woken with a start; he could sense no intruders so he set his sword and retook his seated position before she entered the room. "Are you troubled?" He asked. It was simple to deduce this was a problem of her past. Given the issue's nature, Grave understandably didn't expect an open answer.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-05, 4:13 am

"hmm, you could say that" she answered him rustling her hair "a bit of air and I should be fine" she said in a rather tired tone, unlike himshe needed her sleep.Walking outside she stayed in the shadows taking a deep breath and yawned the faint night air rustled through her wings so she folded them in tightly. Closing her eyes breifly she drifted off for a moment leaning against the wall of the house waking quite startled once more and graoned in annoyance. "Why now of all times" she muttered after a good hour she walked back inside silently to go back to bed. She walked sleepily with her head hung a little.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-06, 7:34 pm

Grave maintained his meditative rest, awakening upon her return. Her zombie-like movements told him the walk had not helped much. "This appears to be more than one simple ailment. What is bothering you?" He asked with a bit more questioning in his voice. If she couldn't sleep, he had no intention of traveling. She would only put herself in danger to move about without being at her best.

He rose from his seat, not particularly tired at all.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-07, 4:53 am

"Just some very old memeories were triggered by the festival back there" she said giving a light sigh and rustled her hair a little "I'll get over it and I need my sleep" she said heading back to where she had been resting and tried to get some sleep at least. Waking up a little tired she gave a groan and moved her wings over ehr face to block out sunlight not wanting to get up.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-10, 4:53 pm

Hoping her condition would improve with rest, Grave let her be. In the early morning he took to the streets in wanderlust. Workers and laborers buzzed about in the brisk morning air. The guards were on edge, inspecting passerby and travelers in response to the murder of the previous night. He was no exception, but there was no evidence or reason for suspect. They were on the assumption that the assassination was more recent. On his way back to the hideout, he pondered more on his concept of 'fun.' Traveling and observation were no doubt bland, but they were his most frequented and desired actions.

Grave stepped through the doorway and heard a stirring from Ashes' room. "Have you recovered?" He asked. He was in no rush to leave; the next target would be difficult regardless of their departure time.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-12, 5:07 am

Having finally woken up she shook her head a little and yawned "Yeah I think so, just a little lack of sleep" she said to him "Where to next?" she asked standing up she rustled her wings and gave a yawn before she followed him. "Also some details on the next target?" she asked him walking beside him as she waited for answers. "Thinking voer the concept of 'fun' whileI've been asleep?" she asked already knowing the answer "You are a strange one" she chuckled and shook her ehad a little stretching her stiff wings out and then folding them again.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-14, 12:13 am

"Hm." Grave gave a light shrug. If she was feeling up to it, they could travel as planned. He started out the door and down the path with her in tow. "In time I shall make strange a norm." Grave rebounded her 'strange comment.' After a while, the climate would change. The temperature was drastically higher compared to their previous locations. "The next target poses a fair level of difficulty. The geology is possibly the greater of foes." He said as they traveled. Passerby were nonexistent on their path. The heat began to swelter the lower their elevation became. Occasionally Grave swept the sweat from his brow.

The city they sought was built into the side a large, active volcano. Despite the dangerous location, there were myriad useful resources and minerals to be processed here. Large quantities of magic was employed on a daily basis to ensure the city's protection. The city housed a large prison as well. The location discouraged escape attempts as the prisoners were kept under duress and low physical condition. They would die of exhaustion or heatstroke before leaving the mountain. Their target was currently the warden of this scorching dungeon.

"I do not intend to make prison break a recurrence. Neither infiltration nor desertion." Grave said. I small joke, considering their first encounter was in a prison and their still-fresh incarceration. Once again, these happenings came with the occupation.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-14, 4:11 am

She looked to the volcano in front of them rustling her feathers a little glad she wore light clothing but still found It far too warm for her liking wiping some sweat from her face “this place is like a fire” she said. “Agreed, I don’t want to get stuffed back in a cell especially here” she muttered, “Now then to find the target” she said. “Wait, where is he located?” she asked Grave, also let’s get this one done quickly, I think we both don’t like this scorching heat” she said clearly not liking this place one bit. She located the target after she had gained a little more information and pointed him out to graves “there he is” she said to him. “Now what is your plan, maybe a distance attack would be better, get it done quickly” she said to him.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-18, 12:22 am

The scenery around them hazed slightly, the heat made their surroundings appear to be a series of mirages strung together. "Ranged assault is not my forte, unfortunately." Grave lamented at his predicament. He was accustomed to head-on combat and surprising strikes. His soul spikes could only reach so far, and they would indubitably reveal his position. The target was located on the roof of the prison speaking to a lined group of guards. The rooftop had no cover to strike from, each man stood in the open. Indeed a ranged attack would be of greatest efficiency here.

"A strike would be possible from the roof's edge, but a distraction would be imperative to success." He observed the building's structure. A direct assault would be very dangerous. Each guard's attention would be alerted to an intruder's presence. "Suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-18, 5:07 am

She thought a little licking her dry lips as she thought a little “hmm, I have on but I need to get in somehow, hearts of all men are the same after all” she smirked a little. She walked in acting like she was lost running into the target “S-Sorry I got a little lost, can you help me out?” she asked acting so sweet and innocent. He smiled at her and lead her outside “Of course” he said she turned around and rested a hand gently on his cheek hoping that Grave would hurry up, the other guards didn’t seem to mind that their general had just walked off with some strange winged girl.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-19, 4:14 am

Grave watched silently as she approached the target. He moved into a better position as she asked for assistance. The heat waves emanating from the ground intensified, resulting in impaired long distance sight. This became an advantage coupled with Ashes' leading the target astray. The guards had become lackadaisical with their leader out of sight. Grave took this chance to close in around the corner and drive spikes of shadow through each guard's head or heart. No sounds were made from the quick kills; they may have become problematic having seen Ashes' face. He doubled back to her position and sent a spike through the target's heart while holding his mouth shut from behind. With his last target exhausted, he sighed.

"Excellent diversion. Shall we take our leave?" He'd had quite enough of this heat. They needed to leave regardless of the temperature, it was only a matter of time before the missing guards would be noticed.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-19, 4:50 am

She rustled her hair and nodded when the guy fell on her moving from in front of the demon and let him fall “hmm easiest way to lead him away and unlike you I can get away with it” she said just playing with him a little and smirking a little your right, we should leave I can’t stand this heat” she said rustling her wings she walked off a little and until they were both out site id she jump into the air and fly instead to get out of this place landing when they reached a much cooler region and took a deep breath “Much better” she said and stretched her wings before folding them on her back.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-19, 6:28 am

The cool air was certainly a godsend to Grave. He inhaled deeply and took hold of his scabbard. Holding the sheathed blade downward, he spoke. "There was another reason this target was saved for last. A matter of convenience." He returned the sword to its strap and looked toward the afternoon sun. "I've another destination. It is nearby, no targets or obligations, however." This stop was something he did from time to time, an even long coming since he'd missed quite a few appointments during the war.

He flew through the mountain region for a short while. When he landed, an alcove lay before him. A large stone jutted out of the ground signifying a tombstone of sorts. Worn vines and forestry had slithered about the stone, but failed to obscure the large demonic characters spelling "THAMUS." Grave stood before the marked tomb and bowed his head. It was not a prayer of any sort; he'd long since abandoned any notions of religious belief. If the gods did exist, they appeared to do so only to condemn the dead. After a few moments of silence, he spoke once more.

"You both have my thanks for your assistance. Were it not available I may have indeed perished." He turned to Ashes. "It is unfortunate we have not seen your people thus far. There are still regions remaining if you care to continue your search." He wasn't sure what to look for exactly. Utopians were rare to his recollection.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-19, 6:56 am

She listened to what he had left to say before following to where he was going landing she looked to the tombstone reading the name. She remembered that person… or rather her family did but that was such a long story that she decided it would be for another time. She remained in silence as well closing her eyes briefly until Graves spoke. “Hmm and I thank you for getting me out a cell, twice” she said “Otherwise I would’ve been left to rot and most likely forgotten as well” she said “and do not worry about it, truth was I wasn’t searching for the living ones for I know they are dead I was looking for their souls…. That way they could be guided back home but it seems they have all found their own way back apart from one…” she said “Also she recently died as to where I cannot say also we have duel souls, two usually” she muttered.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-19, 2:38 pm

"Multiple souls, you say?" His interest matched his confusion. This was something he had failed to notice entirely. Was it an arcane union or more of a link? He began walking down an unbeaten path as they conversed. A place to rest for the night would be nice, and he had no intention of returning to the last city. "Does this mean your people share an unseen bond of sorts or is the dual soul a literal term?"
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-19, 7:01 pm

"It's a literal term, we have two souls, but you only see one correct? well that's because the souls hide in each other to protect mt identiy from prying eyes" she said "We are hunted foseveral reasons some demons use to use us as practice for wars since we are considered useless creatures in anyone's eyes" she chuckled adn rustled her wings on her back. "Anyway those souls belong to my younger sister so I have to find them and take-" she stopped "Someone took the heart" she said turning swiftly ong her heels and stretched ehr wings to head back to the ruins. It otok her hours to get there landing she went to the chambers, the other half of her heart was gone. "Someone took half my heart" she said annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-19, 7:23 pm

Grave took flight after her hearing the alarm in her voice. They touched down in a location he remembered, they came here once before. He looked to the empty location she designated. The town was in shambles, only ruins remained. It would be very strange for a looter to even consider searching such a location. There was likely to be nothing of value left unscathed or abandoned. Whoever stole the heart knew what they were searching for.

"Can you sense its location? I cannot imagine their speed being much greater than ours..." Grave speculated. If the thief had access to teleportation, however, they could be anywhere; out of the nation by now.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-20, 6:10 am

"Sort of , but it's not clear like it's being hidden" she said looking to the empty chamber "Damn it they could kill me now if they wanted to" she muttered clearly not very happy about that "Any way we have to find it quickly, that other half can cuase complete chaos and I have deadline" she said putting a hand over ehr other half of the heart she soon began to track them down "You sure about that Graves, I can't see them anywhere but I know where they have hidden it. As long as htey don't mask it too much I can sense it" she said following where her instinct told her
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-21, 4:56 pm

Grave followed searching as best a demon could without a lead. He had never seen the heart before, nor did he know how to detect it. Most of his surveillance was set to target pursuers and suspicious persons as they traveled. "Is the heart capable of destruction on its own? Or do you worry of its thieves harnessing it somehow?" He wondered who would desire and seek out this heart. For now, he could only follow her and her instinct.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty2012-06-21, 5:29 pm

"For crying ouy loud, Grave half of this heart is keeping me alive, technically I should be dead but that is a story for another time. If we don't get it back one fatal move with it adn 'm going straight back to hell" she said bluntly to him "As for who would want it, well anyone who knew about it really so that narrow's it down by quite a bit sicne there was only me, now you and two other people, unfortunatly one if a demon the other an angel... found me and toured me about how I still lived in my younger years" she chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Never Surrender
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Off Worlds :: Elsewhere-
Jump to: