The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stand In The Rain

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-22, 11:23 pm

When Max was told to leave he had a feeling it was her mother. He knocked again. "Miss Kurusu? Miss Yuyuko Kurusu? This is Max Sypher. I have one of the case files we talked about and it's urgent we go over it!" It wasn't really he just wanted to get her away from a pointless conversation.

He knocked again to emphasize his point.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-22, 11:30 pm

A pause, and then the door opened. A woman who looked much like Yuyuko, but with longer, slightly graying hair pulled into a bun, and wearing rather expensive clothing, not to mention a less friendly demeanor, glared at Max. "Hmph. At first I thought you were another 'client' of my daughters, now it seems you're either just taking advantage of her stupidity, or are just as deluded as she is. You're trying to find Miki, aren't you?"

Yuyuko was sitting on the dilapidated couch in the small apartment, head in her hands.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-22, 11:42 pm

Max glared back. had a rotten day so his was filled with a little more malice than hers. Well in his opinion any way. "Telling you anything about the case i'm working on would be a breach of client confidentiality. Now kindly step aside so I may conduct business." He looked over the crone's shoulder to Yuyuko, "Miss Kurusu, we can conduct out business here or back at my office. The choice is up to you." He said. Either way was fine with him. Just so long as the old woman went elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-22, 11:56 pm

Yuyuko looked up, and smiled weakly. "You're office, please..."

"And how are you paying him, Yuyuko? Spreading your legs for this man as well? Miki would be disgusted with you for what you are-" She was cut off as Yuyuko surged forward, and slapped her mother across the face, eyes blazing.

"...Don't speak about Miki as if you know her. You never approved of my relationship with Rinnosuke and you acted as if Miki was a burden on you anytime she was around! You didn't bother to get to know her, so you don't get to speak as if you did!" She grabbed her purse, then literally shoved her mother out of the apartment, grabbing Max's arm and pulling him along. She locked her door, and glared at her mother.

"I'm going to his office to discuss the case. He is not charging me anything, and I have not slept with him, nor has he tried to make that happen. Don't be here when I come back." She then stormed off, leaving her mother in her expensive clothing, in the rain.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-23, 12:09 am

Max let himself be dragged away. He couldn't help but manage a smile. "That, was awesome." he commented. He chuckled a little and coughed. It wasn't a violent cough just enough to let him know it was time to medicate. He pulled out a bottle of cough syrup and took a swig. He then took the lead and led her to his office.

Once there he stripped off his wet overcoat and shoes. He went to the bathroom and got a couple of towels and handed one to Yuyuko. "Here I'll turn up the heat." he said and did so. Again he put on another cup of coffee. Going through his drawers he found an extra shirt and tossed it to Yuyuko. He grabbed some clothes and changed in the bathroom. When he came out he was wearing a button down shirt un-tucked and slacks.

He went to his briefcase and pulled out the files after wiping down the case. He set them on the coffee table and waited for Yuyuko. "I don't mean to speak ill of someone elses parents but damn you mom was a bitch." he said and got up to get some coffee for the two of them. He recycled his cup from this morning and got her a new one.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-23, 12:21 am

Yuyuko simply turned her back to Max in order to change, even though he'd gone into the bathroom. When he returned, she sat down, and sighed. "...Yes, she is. She's never approved of anything I've done, probably because it's an embarrassment to her, but I just... don't care anymore. SHe's a horrible woman..."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-23, 12:34 am

Mad couldn't help but agree. He set her cup on the coffee table. "Now this is from the first guy on your list. I haven't had a chance to go over them yet so We'll both be looking at it with fresh eyes." He said and opened the folder. He looked at it and started to read.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-23, 12:39 am

Yuyuko looked over it as he did, and as they progressed, she became steadily more upset. But the end of it, she just sat back, covering her eyes with a hand. "...Nothing... he didn't find anything.... those 'leads' he told me about were fake... and I let him... I let that man do as he pleased with me, and he didn't even find anything..." She was starting to think that maybe her mother was right.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-23, 12:59 am

Max smiled. "He's in jail now on drug charges. Oh and his happy hand won't be of any use to him any more." He said and leaned back lacing his fingers behind his head. "If that's any consolation." He placed his feet on the coffee table. "Well I guess tomorrow I'll hit up the next name on the list." He said, "You're welcome to stay here for the night." He nodded to his desk, "I'll be fine at my desk." he pondered everything for a moment or two. "After I've exhausted what potential leads you former options had then I'll pursue my own. That way I'll know what to avoid."

He rocked forward and stood. He walked over and picked up Yuyuko's clothes and tossed them into the dryer. Max then grabbed a blanket and tossed it on the sofa.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-23, 1:02 am

There was a pause, before Yuyuko spoke up. "When that little misunderstanding happened... why didn't you do anything? I know you are a good man, but... it seems as if people are usually willing to take whatever is offered to them."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-23, 1:18 am

Max noded "Yeah, stupid selfish people take what's offered. For me taking advantage of women goes against my morals. Our relationship is professional. I'm not one to mix business with pleasure." He didn't mention he was still a little hung up on his own family.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-23, 1:23 am

She nodded briefly at that. "I see... though... can I ask you a question? If... if you were Rinnosuke... would you hate me, for what I have... have done?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-23, 1:36 am

Max blinked, "No I wouldn't. You didn't tell your daughters kidnappers to take her. So no, I don't blame you because it's not your fault." He said and walked over to his desk. He pulled out his scotch and poured himself a shot and lit up a cigarette. "I guess the real question should be is do you blame yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-23, 1:54 am

Yuyuko blinked, then nodded. "Yes, I do. Everything was fine until I decided to go to nursing school, and stopped staying at home with her.... if I hadn't, then maybe..."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-23, 2:05 am

Max shook his head. "Criminals don't think like normal people. You don't understand if they really wanted her they would have gone through you if you had stayed home." He said and sipped his drink. "Believe me, I know." He finished off the shot and sucked on his cigarette.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-23, 2:16 am

Yuyuko seemed to think on that for a moment. "I guess... I just..." She sighed. "I just want my daughter back..."

(Oh my god my posts SUCK!)
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-05-23, 2:21 am

Max nodded "And I want to get her back for you. I'll do that or die trying." He pulled a blanket off the back of his chair and draped it over his lap. "Get some rest, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow." He said and crushed out his smoke.

((That's okay, mine aren't any better. lol))
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-07-01, 12:08 am

Max awoke the next morning to the sound of rain. "Jesus, does it ever stop?" He mumbled. He stretched in his chair and fell over. "OW!! Mother F-!!" he cut himself off. He got up and made a pot of coffee. Then he showered and changed. Once back out in his office he gathered his things. This time he would do some research on the next P.I. before stumbling in. He didn't want a repeat of yesterday. He sat down at his desk and rolled up his sleeves. He typed in the name of the next detective and waited.

Max glanced over at Yuyu to see if she had awakened. He felt another cough coming and took a preemptive strike. Grabbing his bottle of cough syrup he downed a swig. It took the edge off.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-07-01, 12:57 am

Yuyuko herself was woken up by her phone ringing. By habit, she immediately woke and snatched it up, answering. "H-hello?" She was silent for a moment, her face falling. "I see... but... you do have news? Okay... um, now?" She suddenly winced, the other person yelling at her. It was a feminine voice. "I-I understand... can I eat breakfast first? ...Okay... but, you're sure you have news? ...Sorry... I'm sorry... okay... the maid outfit again? I understand... I'll... I'll be right there..." She hung up, and sighed, getting up.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-07-01, 1:01 am

Max took note of this. It normally wasn't his business to pry into her affairs however he really couldn't help himself. "I hate to ask, however was that one of the P.I.'s you hired? If so are they on the list?" He decided to go with a bit of business small talk first.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-07-01, 1:04 am

Yuyuko paused, and nodded. "Yes. She says she has information. Information that could lead to Miki... she just... always requires payment before she'll tell me anything."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-07-01, 1:06 am

Max nodded. "You don't seem all that enthused about it." He said and reached into a drawer, "Does she accept cash?" He asked and pulled out a check book.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-07-01, 1:08 am

Yuyuko looked away. "She said that I need to keep paying as our original agreement dictates... and no, I'm not enthusiastic. I'm not enthusiastic about using my body for the sake of money either, but I do what I have to."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-07-01, 1:13 am

Max nodded, he knew he wouldn't be able to talk her out of it. It was possible information leading to her daughter. He put his checkbook away. "I just want you to be sure She's not using you. How long has she been in your employ? I ask because a good detective knows something in a week or so." He asked.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty2012-07-01, 1:17 am

"...Three months. I know she's likely using me. But I don't know if she's withholding information until she's happy with the 'payment', or if she just hasn't found anything." Yuyuko looked to the ground. "I have to know what information she has today... if it really is nothing this time..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stand In The Rain
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next