The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stand In The Rain

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-04, 2:25 am

"I'm coming with you, of course. This is about my daughter, so I'm going to be there." Yuyuko was adamant on that. She had an iron will when it counted.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-04, 2:28 am

That was something she could respect, even if she wasn't a mother and had no children herself and if she ever did one day. She waited for Max to lead so they could go to the Cab and then finally reach their destination. Then they could hopefully get some answers.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-04, 2:33 am

((WARNING!!! WARNING!!! THIS IS A TIME SNAP!!! REPEAT!!! THIS IS A TIME SNAP!!!
It's only a short one to get them to their destination. I hope you all don't mind. If so I can change my post.))

Max led them down stairs and the cab was waiting. Soon they were at the address of the vampire. Max stepped out of the car and walked up to the door. "Okay, here we go." He said and knocked on the door.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-04, 2:52 am

Yuyuko was a bit nervous up until then, and when the door opened, she shrank back just a bit. The vampire before them did cut an imposing figure. "...Hello? ...Yuyuko? What on earth are you doing here? Is something the matter? Or are you here for another payment? I could swear that wasn't for another week, but I can fit you into my schedule early... are these friends of yours?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-04, 3:26 am

Veranis took note of Max's clients behavior and the vampires.

He doesn't seem hostile, but she's flighty around him. Maybe its simply because of what he is, but I doubt that's the case. Is there something I'm not being told about their encounter? Or something I'm missing?

Deciding on something, she stepped forward. "My name is Veranis Tekashi, I'm with Nobus but I'm also on the behalf of Yuyuko in general. There's just a few questions she wants answered."

The name Veranis Tekashi may or may not ring any bells however, it depended on how well read he was and paid attention to certain things in the supernatural community.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-04, 3:51 am

Max nodded taking Veranis's lead. "Yes my client doesn't feel you've been completely honest with her and we would like to get the record set straight." His tone was completely neutral. He didn't see anything imposing about the man. As a Chicago detective he's seen just about everything. He wouldn't be cowed by this person. "May we come in?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-04, 4:03 am

Garus frowned. "I'd rather you didn't. I do not discuss cases with anyone other than my clients."

"You know more than you are saying about where my daughter is. I want you to tell me everything you know."

"But I have, dear. Everything I know, I have told you. I'm still looking for more information."

"...Stop lying..."

"I'm not lying, Yuyuko, dear. I'm doing the best I-"

"You think I don't know you take advantage of me? I know! ...I know. But I didn't care, so long as I got information. You've had me bent over your desk enough times to know I'll do anything to find my daughter. Now just tell me what you know!" Garus frowned.

"Tch. Don't try and take moral high-ground with me. You are the one who made the decision to use your body as payment in lieu of money."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-04, 5:18 pm

Veranis shook her head. "Taking advantage of a woman's desperation and then refusing even the courtesy of telling what you know; I'd say she has every right to do so. As for using her body and not payment, you know she can't afford your wages, whatever those are." Common sense would say that much.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-04, 8:06 pm

Max nodded. She took the words right out of his mouth. "They're pretty high." He muttered. "Now we can do this one of two ways, we can share information being as we have the same client and the same case, as a professional courtesy to one another and you will be compensated monetarily, or we can slap you with a lawsuit so fast it'll make your fangs tingle. We can tie up all your assets and have your license suspended until the court makes a ruling." Max folded his arms. "I'm trying to be civil and reasonable here. Same case, same client. Your choice." Max knew sometimes creatures of habit like business men could only be reasoned with through their pocket book.

Even though he came off as a conceited jerk he seemed like a reasonable business man. Max was sure he would be reasonable and take the money for the information. Then again, he has been wrong before...
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-04, 8:52 pm

Garus sighed, checking under his fingernails. "Well, I actually happen to not only know that her daughter is alive, but also where she is." At this, Yuyuko stiffened.

"H-how long... have you known? Where is she? Is she okay? Is she safe!?" Yuyuko had surged forward, gripping the front of Garus' shirt. He seemed displeased by this.

"I've known for several months, actually. Yes, she's okay, and safe. So far as I can tell, anyway."

"You... you knew all this time, and..."

"Yes, yes, you're upset that I didn't tell you. I'm so ashamed of myself I can hardly contain it." He pried her hands off of his shirt with a disgusted face. "I assume you will next demand I tell you where she is?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-04, 11:19 pm

The temperature seemed to rise. Where it had been mild before it had become warm, unnaturally warm around Max and the others but especially around the vampire. As quick as it happened it stopped. As tempting as it was, she couldn't attack him unless he actually initiated something. She was suppose to uphold the law after all. Even if she wanted to break his face in at the moment.

She waited for Max to say something, then his response. Then she'd react for better or worse.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-04, 11:31 pm

Max slowly shook his head. "Wow, you're some piece of work. You knew all this time where Miki was and you didn't tell her. So instead you continued to accept 'payment'. I think I speak for my client." He said as he took a gentile hold of Yuyuko pulling her back. "Yes, we would like to know where she is. Also why you didn't tell her." He held Yuyuko close. This was for two reasons. One to comfort her and two so she wouldn't lunge at the vampire again.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-04, 11:38 pm

Garus adjusted his shirt petulantly. "I think it's obvious why I didn't tell her. She may be a whore, but she's absolutely gorgeous. It was an opportunity that I could not pass up. Whether you agree with me or not, I hardly care. As for where she is, I'll tell you. I just want one more payment from Yuyuko first. Though I'll give her a discount if she has some help..." Here he looked Veranis over. He did not expect Yuyuko to actually almost break free from Max in an effort to get at him.

"No! I'm not letting you drag anyone else into this! If you won't speak up without your damn payment, I'll give it, but only me!"

"Eh, fair enough. I'm satisfied with you."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-05, 12:03 am

Veranis frowned. "I'll pass." She looked to Yuyuko. "..Are you really sure about that? He lied to you before, what's stopping him from doing it again? I can't stop you if that's what you really want and go willingly."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-05, 12:28 am

Something inside Max twisted. He felt a familiar rage boiling deep within him. "No, you've known all this time and continued to accept payment. She's paid in full. Soliciting more payment now is robbery. Now give her what she's paid for. Now." His voice held no emotion however it did have a dangerous undertone. He didn't care if the vampire was intimidated by him or not he wasn't going to allow this. His hand shook as he resisted the urge to draw his weapons.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-05, 12:36 am

Garus just raised a brow. "Myself and Yuyuko had a verbal agreement. She would give monthly payments in return for information on her daughter. She failed to make sure that the agreement included me giving her all information I had the instant I got it, or even that the information was correct. Now, however, I will tell her everything, for one last payment. I always intended to tell her once I was bored with her anyway. Now calm down. I will not change my mind, and if you attack me, I will easily claim self defense when I break your legs. I suspect I would be stopped before I could kill you."

"...Please, Max, just let me do this. I just don't care anymore. I want my daughter back. THis is a means to an end."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-05, 12:45 am

Veranis wanted to badly hurt Garus, it took self control not too. "Those are things that go without saying and you damn well know it. You're using loopholes to weasel your way out. As disgusting as I see you if Yuyuko goes through with it I can't stop her."

Damn..I want to hurt this bastard. I think I almost vomited in my mouth a little.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-05, 12:51 am

Max looked to Yuyuko "A means to an end? What end? He's using you like a fucking toy and is ready to cast you aside. You promised me that this part of your life was over. A verbal agreement is one thing, a promise is another. There's always another way Yuyuko, Always. Don't do this."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-05, 12:58 am

Yuyuko paused, looking Max in the eye. "Max, I did promise you I'd stop. I know that. But I also promised I would do whatever I had to in order to get my daughter back. I'm sorry, but my promise to my daughter is more important. I don't care that he's using me as a toy. Max, if I spent the rest of my life as a slave to this man, but found my daughter, I'd be happy. My daughter... she is my everything, Max... without her, my life has no meaning to me. I'm sorry, but this is going to happen." She pulled away, and turned to Garus. "Alright... let's get this over with." The vampire grinned, and opened the door wider for her.

"Well, come in then. You two can wait out here if you wish." Then he and Yuyuko disappeared into the house.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-05, 1:20 am

Veranis grunted, she didn't like this but it wasn't in her hands. "..Now what?" She was calm, outwardly, but wanting to explode something at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-05, 1:36 am

Max stood at the door for a long time. The rain washing over him. He hoped it would wash him clean. He was so angry. Not at Yuyuko, he actually admired her dedication. He was angry at himself. Angry for so many reason.

"SONOFABITCH!!!" He shouted and kick the door as hard as he could. He turned and walked to Veranis he placed his hand on her shoulder. "I don't think your services are required any longer. I'm sorry to have wasted your time." He said and shoved his hands in his pockets. "I'm done." He said and started walking back to his office.

As the adrenalin wore off he began to shake and his lungs burned from his heavy breathing. He fought the urge to cough. It seemed like a regular battle he was slowly losing. He made it a few blocks be for the urge was too great and yet again he lost the battle. He started coughing it was slow and strained at first. His lungs ached. Suddenly he doubled over coughing violently. He cupped his hands over his mouth.

His knees weakened and dropped to one knee still coughing. He fumbled with his free hand to get his bottle. His vision began to blur as he fought for breath. Took in a deep gasping breath and started again. The bottle slipped out of his hand and rolled into the street. Blood seeped through his fingers as his vision darkened. Max grabbed at a light pole in an attempt to stand. His throat was on fire. He let out another violent cough and blood spattered on the ground.

Slowly it subsided. Max's vision cleared. He leaned against the light post. After a moment he pushed himself off and walked into the street. His legs felt like lead. He picked up the bottle and took a swig.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-05, 1:50 am

Unfortunately, if Max had stayed longer, he wouldn't have worried. Several minutes after Yuyuko had gone into the room, there was a falsetto scream from inside the house. If one were to investigate, they'd find Yuyuko and Garus on the vampire's bed, both naked, with Garus laying down.... and with Yuyuko positioned between his legs as if performing a sexual favor... except she was gripping his balls in a vise-like grip, squeezing. "Now... Tell. Me. Where. She. Is." She started to twist, and Garus whimpered like a child.

"Demon Realm! She's in the Demon Realm!"

"I see... and where in the Demon Realm?" Another twist.

"Noba! Noba City, in the Demon King's palace! She's the Demon King!" Here, Yuyuko not only twisted, she began to pull.

"Don't you dare lie to me...."

"I'm not lying! I'm not lying, dear god! She was turned into a demon and made the Demon King, I swear it! Let go, let go!" He was begging, crying, and Yuyuko grit her teeth. He didn't seem to be lying. She released her grip... and immediately kneed him in the crotch as hard as she could... repeatedly. She then calmly began to get dressed as Garus clutched his wounded manhood, sobbing.

Vampire or not, a pissed off woman can have any man at her mercy if she gets hold of his balls. You do not mess with an angry 'Mama Bear'.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-05, 2:00 am

Veranis had something some people would call a 'bleeding heart'. As such..she had a hard time just leaving things as it was. Once she was sure Max was all right then she'd go on her way and leave him be.

Before she could go though, her enhanced hearing picked up what was going on in the house. It instantly caught her attention, so she listened. Is she in trouble? No. It turned out to be the other way around entirely...from the sounds of it.

She decided to go closer and check..just in case.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-05, 2:12 am

Max looked at the bottle for a moment. He had lost so much in his life due to people like that vampire. He wasn't going to let this happen even if it killed him. He then pitched the bottle as hard as he could down the street. "Yeah..." He wiped some blood from his mouth. He pulled out his guns and stalked and wobbly legs back to Garus's place.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty2012-07-05, 2:32 am

Once Yuyuko was dressed, she began digging around in the drawers on Garus' desk. "I know it's here somewhere... I saw you put it there one night.... ah! There it is!" She pulled out a folder, grinning. It was a flash drive... with business transactions... that Yuyuko knew damn well included some illegal ones. She was going to get this man arrested, no doubt about it. She chuckled, then started to leave... only to rush back, snatch a paper weight off the desk, and hammer it down onto Garus' abused crotch. He howled in pain again, and Yuyuko practically skipped out of the house, humming happily to herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stand In The Rain
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next