The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stand In The Rain

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 4:42 am

It took a moment, but then there was a female operator on the line she sounded friendly and professional enough. "Nobus, Japan branch. Is there a emergency?"
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 4:45 am

Yuyuko simply went back to her room to finish getting dressed... and hiding a very slight smirk at his reaction to her state of dress, even if he tried to hide it.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 4:50 am

Max cleared his throat. "Hi this is Detective Max Sypher. I'm a privet investigator working an a case that involves a missing girl. My client has informed me that a vampire who's also a P.I. may have information about her daughter. We're about to head over there to question him and as i'm only human there's an extreme possibility of danger. I was hoping you could help me out. I've never dealt with vampires before."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 4:59 am

The operator paused, then instantly went into business mode. "I understand sir. I'll need your current location so we can send someone to meet you and your client. After that, we'll send someone. Either from someone on base or someone that is 'on call' for us."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 5:13 am

Max smiled *Thank God.* He thought. He gave the address for his office and said he and his assistant would be there in five minutes. He put his hand over the phone. "We got some help." He said "We need to be back at the office in five minutes."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 5:19 am

Yuyuko came out in what was essentially a business suit, nodding. "Alright then. Let's go." She led the way out, locking the door with her spare key that had been in her room. "Lead the way, then."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 6:04 am

Max nodded and got confirmation. He hung up the phone and stepped out the door opening the umbrella. After making sure Yuyuko was close under the umbrella he started off. It didn't take long for them to get back to the office when he had a thought. "Um..." He started as he unlocked the door. "That crazy bitch has you key and I think your wallet. So she knows where you live. Maybe it would be a good idea if you did stay at my apartment for a while. Or the office. Up to you really." He said as he walked in.

He hung up his coat and set about tidying up the office. He had high respect for Nobus. He at one point while he was a police detective thought about applying for a job there. Now with his health problems he would be more of a liability than anything else. He went to the mini fridge and made Yuyuko and himself something to eat. "Here, I just realized we haven't eaten in a while. Well I haven't." He knew that loss of appetite was a symptom of his liver disease. However he would choke something down just to keep his strength up.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 6:28 am

Yuyuko nodded, accepting the food. "Thank you. And... you're right. I hadn't thought of that. I... really wouldn't want her showing up at my door..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 1:45 pm

Veranis hummed quietly to herself as she walked, not the least bit bothered by the rain despite the fact it wasn't just a light sprinkle. It really didn't bother her, and those who paid close attention would notice that her skin and clothes would oddly be dry not too long after once she was under the cover from the rain.

She had been called, and feeling this was important she hadn't shot it down. That might of also have to do with Veranis' own nature, since she was a protector by nature so it was hard to turn something like that down and say not. It simply wasn't really who she was.

Her red hair flowed around her as she walked, almost looking out of place being in a kimono while in the rain. But she didn't seem to care. Veranis reached Max's place and then knocked, waiting. Someone would wonder what a beautiful woman was coming to visit, until you noticed the Nobus symbol pinned on their clothes.

Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Veranis
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 3:22 pm

Max walked over and opened the door. At first he was a bit confused, then he spotted the Nobus symbol. "Oh sorry, come in please." He said and opened the door wider and stepped aside. "I'm Max Sypher and this is my Client and Assistant Yuyuko Kurusu."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 6:39 pm

Yuyuko waved very slightly at Veranis. "Hello. Thank you for coming to help us..." She took note of the sword Veranis seemed to possess. "...I hope you don't have to use that..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 9:15 pm

(The sword was suppose to be hidden..but I can work with it.)

Veranis blinked a bit, glancing at her sword. It soon seemed to vanish in a puff of flames as if it was never there. "Sometimes I forget that thing is even there. And no I doubt I'll have to use it. If a fight breaks out, I would use non lethal force. The swords are for other things. Unless he's exceedingly strong, it should be all right."

The Phoenix Demon mulled something else over. "Is there anything else I should know about or be informed of? Oh, sorry my manners seemed to have left me." She bowed slightly. "Veranis Takashi. It's nice to meet you two."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 9:38 pm

Max bowed slightly, "Not to my knowledge. I've never dealt with him personally however Yuyuko is the one who's dealt with him before and has made it clear that if agitated my life could be in danger." He handed over a slip of paper with the name and address on it. "This is him."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 9:59 pm

Yuyuko nodded. "He knows something, but won't say what it is. He's strong, but I don't know how strong. I'm only human, after all..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 10:10 pm

Veranis nodded a bit to that. "Fair enough. I'm just here for your protection and help with anything I can while I'm here. When you guys want to leave to talk to him, let me know and we'll go. It's your court. "
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 10:13 pm

Max noded. "Now's a good a time as any. I'll call a cab." He went over to his desk and picked up the phone. After talking with the cab company he hung up. "They'll be here in about ten minutes. Veranis, is there anything I can get you? Coffee, tea, soda... I have donuts too." he walked over to the mini-fridge.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 10:37 pm

Yuyuko was nervous, understandably, but she was also excited. Depending on what Garus knew... perhaps she would finally find her daughter...
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 11:08 pm

Veranis smiled gently but shook her head. "No, I'm fine. I ate before I came over here so I don't need anything to eat or drink. Thank you for asking though." There was something more to this case, but as they hadn't told her she left it alone for now. If it was something crucial, she'd learn later.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 11:22 pm

Max nodded and went back to his desk. "Well I guess I'll fill you in on the details of the case so far. Two years ago Yuyuko's daughter simply vanished. No signs of forced entry. No trace evidence. She was simply gone." He slid over a copy of the police report "The police investigated and came up with nothing. She's since hired several privet detectives who have all either found leads that have lead nowhere or have found nothing at all." He slid his report over of his investigation into the other detectives findings. "I've only been on the case for two days and this guy." He pointed to the address "according to my client says he's hiding something. I'm inclined to believe her." He looked to Yuyuko "Did I miss anything?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-03, 11:45 pm

Yuyuko shook her head. "No, not really. Thank you." 'Please, let this lead to something... please...'
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-04, 12:00 am

Veranis read them over silently with a careful eye, when she finished she gave them back to Max. "..That is strange. If left without a trace like that, I'm pretty sure it was more likely supernatural in nature." She sighed. "I'm sorry I don't have any ideas, we'll just have to wait for the cab.." Hopefully something would come up about this after all.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-04, 12:42 am

Again Max nodded his head. "Yeah, I just hope it doesn't get violent. I've heard mixed opinions about vampires and haven't met any personally. So I can't really form an opinion." He said and looked at his watch. "Cab should be here soon." He said and stood grabbing his overcoat. He checked his weapons making sure they were loaded. "I sure hope I don't need these." He then holstered his weapons and walked to the door.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-04, 1:00 am

Yuyuko bit her lip. "I hope so do... I don't want anyone to get hurt... well, unless they deserve it, but...." She sighed. "...Whatever happens, just be careful... both of you." She knew Veranis could probably take care of herself just fine, but still.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-04, 1:07 am

Veranis nodded slightly. "I've met vampires, am friends with some. Some people don't know that like demons, its really a racial category, like calling someone a alien. Even Angel is. I'm glad you're being open-minded about it though..people say things about my kind in general. Not specifically what I am. I'm what you call a Phoenix Demon, one of the last of my kind. My true form resembles it, too big and draws too much attention to use it out in the open."

She smiled at the other woman. "And I will. Don't worry. I know I'm strong but I also know my limits." She didn't want to sound arrogant or anything, Daiyokai or not there were stronger people out there. Always would be. However, unless this vampire was really exceptional, she was fairly confident she'd be all right.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty2012-07-04, 2:13 am

Max stopped at the door and leaned close to Yuyuko "Yuyuko, are you going to stay here or come with us?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stand In The Rain
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next