The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty
PostSubject: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty2013-06-01, 8:46 pm

It was a rainy and miserable night in New York city. There was a good thunder storm brewing and the rain was coming down in sheets thick as lead. Osiris Johnson was standing in the rain, by a street corner, in the pouring rain. he life of an information broker was, often, a hard life. But without people like him, people who put their lives on the line to get the information needed, the world would be a much harder place to live in for the ones who did the work that often came with the information he sold.

Right now, he was suffering this terrible weather for information on certain congress members dealing with terrorists and he was suppose to get the proof and/or information that points to that conclusion. If not, then he didn't get paid. Which has happened more then once, but he was good at what he did and most of the time he got the job done.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty2013-06-03, 2:47 am

Seriously, this blows..

Terrance wasn't sure how he was suppose to find his target, but it was supposedly somewhere around here. It wasn't his only job though, he had other things to do as well. Though, he wondered how busy Nobus was these days if they weren't already taking care of it.

It was a bit too rainy and heavy for his taste, so he sought shelter under the cover of the buildings. There was someone else out, but it wasn't too much surprised. It was New York, if there wasn't One person out, then he'd be worried about it.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty2013-06-05, 1:08 pm

Osiris looks over and sees, what he believes to be a Hunter, of somekind. He didn't think he was after the samething he was, even still. Osiris needed to get out of this rain. Even if it was for afew minuets. He goes walking over to a closed café and stands under one of the umbrellas they have over their tables. He looks to the Hunter "Wanna pull up an umbrella?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty2013-06-06, 4:25 am

I think once I get this job finish I'll see about taking a vacation. A Long vacation. Anya knows I need one.

There was a couple of places he could see about going once he visited Nexus City since it was basically the place that controlled almost All the realm traveling. Anyone that wanted to go about anywhere that lacked the means to do so themselves would go there. Maybe he'd go to Alus--or the Demon Realm. The later had some nice places as well, though could be dangerous in certain areas if you didn't know what you were doing.

He didn't notice Osiris come closer until later and mentally scolded himself. Here he was getting distracted in his own head. There was no need to be paranoid, but Terrance had always been taught to be aware of what was going on around him.

The young hunter shrugged it away mentally, pulling out a worn umbrella, then props it up. "It's not much, but better then nothing. You waiting for someone?" He asked idly, just some idle small talk while he figured a few things out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty2013-06-12, 11:11 am

Osiris shakes his head "No. I actually work for the flower shop down the road, and the owner wanted to know what effect all this rain would have on our flowers, mainly the ones that aren't native to this, uhhh, area." he says with a shrug "So, always wanting to help I told her that I would go check out how the weather is effecting her flowers, so when asked, we can tell potential customers that they can or can't withstand this type of abuse." he explains "And what of you, are you waiting for someone?" he asks, a friendly smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty2013-06-12, 11:55 pm

Terrance nodded a bit to that. "Makes sense. As for me, not really waiting for anyone. I'm actually doing a bit of information digging. See, I'm a hunter and I got a personal call to investigate something, though honestly it would make a hell lot more sense to contact Nobus about it if they don't already know. But its money."

He shrugged a bit at that, though he did find the fact they didn't contact Nobus if they didn't already know rather..off. Anyone who didn't live under a rock knew who they were and they had a good reputation. Terrance suspected something, but he had no proof. If he could find some more information he would find out himself.

"Hey, have you heard about the mess happening in Aenrald?" Terrance asked, starting some small talk. If he didn't know, he'd go ahead and continue either way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty2013-06-17, 9:57 pm

Osiris blinks in surprise "A Hunter? That sounds too dangerous for me." he chuckles "As for Aenrald, no. Sorry. I only keep track of events in the city I'm staying in." he says "Why, is there something big going on there?" he asks. Maybe there was work for him there.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty2013-06-17, 10:46 pm

"It's dangerous, but for some reason I'm in love with the job."
Terrance chuckled, then nodded to his question. "Aenrald is relatively newish realm that got discovered. From what I read and heard, there's a race of humans there that have..what I'd guess could be called relatively advanced steampunk technology. There's other races there too. But, the place is, pardon my French, really fucked up."

The hunter sighed. "I'll give a abridged version of it, but its still a bit long. The humans of that world basically messed up the planet, and it was dying because of that. So they needed a new source of..fuel. That's where other races came in, basically using them as batteries. Or taking a body part here and there for certain things. Like, they have dragons there. Sapient ones that can take human form, not that it matters. They're a 'resource' to them."

"Make it worse, from what I heard a few of humans from the douchebag regime may have been poking around here. Probably, I think, after a few members of the other races fled here, not much but still. That made a already tense situation more agitated. It's trying to be resolved more peacefully, but I doubt that's gonna work. You can't really talk to regimes like that. So, the likely result is the World Council is going to flex its muscles. Especially given they are a threat if they find a more stable way here, considering what they do there. So besides a humatarian issue, there's that reason to act.

I know Alus, Eldar and Patrian are on board for the campaign. The Demon Realm, kinda iffy. It depends if Demon Council can agree on something like this. It's likely split down the middle, with some of the more old guard; probably arguging since its not a Direct threat to earth or their home they'll stay out of it for now. Except maybe some token observers. Earth Realm and hers will be able to roll over Aenerald, but its the after that's harder. Keeping the place stable, retraining armed forces and make sure extremist don't take back power again, restoring the planet. I guess I know why, its a security issue and a humanitarian one. But its more like kicking over a lemonade stand. That's part easy, its the cleaning up after and fixing it that's harder. I just hope the brass doesn't drop the ball anywhere."

Terrance shook his head. "As crazy as my life as a hunter is, I think I'll stick to it. Politics is everywhere, but at least its not as big as others. Sorry didn't mean to rant, just had to talk to someone about it even if its a stranger. That, and I have a few friends in the armed forces, so I tend to keep a eye on this stuff."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty2013-06-23, 9:37 pm

Osiris nods "Not to worry." he says "I just have this face that people can trust, or so I've been told." he chuckles "But on a more serious note, that place doesn't sound like a very good place to visit." he says about Aenrald "So I think I'll just stay here." he chuckles again *Huh, maybe that place has more work then here...* he thinks.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty2013-07-01, 9:48 pm

Terrance nodded a bit. "It's not like they'd let civilians or anyone there anyway until things cooled down. Even then one would have to find out how to get there and I doubt they would let just anyone know. It's gonna be a long effort though, no pull in then out." Man, he wanted a pair of ciggerates or something right now. "I'm fine with staying here too. I'll have to pass on very corrupt gonvernments and crazies thanks."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty2013-07-08, 10:13 am

Osiris nods with a smile "I hear what you're saying there." he says, then he spies his target "Well, it was a blast to have met you, mister hunter, but I must get back to work." he says with a smile and a sigh "I wish you safe journeys in the future." he says with a wave as he goes back out into the rain.

Osiris didn't immediately start tailing his target. Not with that hunter around. He wanted to make it seem like he was just wandering off in a general direction, before he doubled back and started his tail. If that guy was really a hunter, then he Might be trouble, should a fight break out. But Osiris doubted he had anything to worry about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty2013-08-10, 6:22 pm

((ooc: Well, since it's been over a month and nothing, I guess this thread is closed. My character's out.))
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty2013-08-10, 6:25 pm

(Sorry about that, didn't know it was my turn)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)   If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only) Empty

Back to top Go down

If Knowledge Were Power (non meta-characters only)
Page 1 of 1