The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ninja Like Us

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-19, 2:07 am

Ninja Like Us Kasumi6

I can't..not like this..

Natomi was having a rougher time then usually. Today simply wasn't her day.

She had been on the run for a few months now away from her clan since she had been branded as a 'traitor'. In reality, she had been set up for a crime she hadn't ever really committed and was now paying for it. Natomi was lucky she had never had to kill any of her comrades after her, but was unsure how long that would last and really didn't want to think about it.

Earlier, she had gotten into a scuffle with some strange creatures. Natomi wasn't sure what they were; they were grey, humanoid with no facial features and overally long arms with claws on the end. They had been trying to attack some civilians, so naturally Natomi had to step in as her concious and heart wouldn't let her sit out otherwise. The creatures, whatever they were, were very dangerous. They had roughed her up in the process but she managed to fight them off. She had gotten some scrapes and the like but otherwise she felt fine and not in any danger.

Until now.

Natomi could only guess they had some type of posion her body was now fighting off. It felt as if she was burning; a odd feeling for a Wildfire Demon who were known for their powerful fire manipulation. Her body was sweaty and her vision blurred as she took another faulty step, using the walls of the alleyway as a support system.

Almost..

Natomi didn't get much further until she passed out face first.

Last edited by Sion Reaver on 2013-03-09, 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-19, 4:44 am

Ninja Like Us 001_Coltan_zps6051de07

"...And what do we have here?"

An angel floated down to the ground, landing a few feet away from the downed Natomi. Coltan's darkened wings disappeared in a flash. He knelt down and listened closely. She was still breathing. As for what had caused her the small damage, he only needed one guess. For the past half hour or so Coltan had been flying throughout the city, checking for disruptions. News traveled fast, especially when civilians were attacked without warning or provocation. This city didn't belong to him by any means. But trouble in his backyard didn't sit well with him.

The slightest movement at the end of the alley caught his eye. Was he being watched? There wasn't a reason for that. He hadn't pissed off anybody. Well, not as of recently... Coltan glanced down at the girl. 'Just who's being tailed here...?' Regardless of who the shadow was, Coltan's decision wasn't to be deterred so easily. He eased over to her and gently picked her up. With some quick concentration, the two disappeared in a bolt of lightning.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Some time later, Natomi's body would be wiped clean of its poisoning. She lay in a hospital bed. Nearly all of her injuries were healed from the quick treatment, including any dire fatigue she may have suffered. The marvel of modern medicine combined with healing magic was a blessing with all of the possible dangers lurking around each corner. Coltan sat in the corner of the room reading a book. He decided to wait until she awoke to make sure she was okay.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-19, 5:08 am

"I'm not sure what you mean child, can you explain?"

Natomi was about sixteen years old sitting down near Elder Hibiki; the old kindly woman was content to just sit under the shade and take everything in each day. She didn't want or need much, Hibiki barely even left her house and garden except for when she needed too. Natomi liked her though. Soft spoken and kept to herself but whenever she needed something, Hibiki would be there.

"We'll..." Natomi tried to think of how to explain. "I mean to say is, are you happy here? Did you ever think about leaving?"

The old woman was silent almost as if she didn't hear her at first. "I am happy here, Natomi. As for leaving.." She smiled, though it was a bit sad. "That implies there's something out there for me. When I was your age, I had found someone I thought I'd spend my life with but it wasn't meant to be."

She gently patted Natomi's back. "You're a very beautiful young lady inside and out. Don't worry too much about it; if you decide you want to see what else is out there then please do. You only live once child. I have no doubt in my mind you'll find someone of your own, and I look forward to that day."

Natomi woke up not with a start, but as if someone had tugged her senses slightly to the point of waking up. Her vision was murky until she blinked a few times to rapidly clear them, taking note of her surroundings.

She was in a alleyway..how had she ended up here?

Another glance. This was a hospital which explained why she felt much better then she had before and from the corner she saw someone. It looked like a young man, maybe he had rescued her?

"..Excuse me..did..you help me?" Her voice sounded a bit weaker then normal. So she wasn't full one hundred percent and needed a bit more rest, but she'd be fine in no time.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-20, 12:03 am

"Ah. One moment, Miss." Coltan didn't look up at Natomi right away. Instead, he calmly reached into his coat pocket and retrieved a small, laminated piece of paper. A bookmark. After securing his place in the book, he shut it with a low 'thump'. The angel stood while leaving his book in his seat and approached the bedside. It was then he finally looked her in the eyes.

"To answer your question, only slightly. While it was me who brought you here, the good doctors and nurses were the ones to clean and treat your wounds." He reached into a different pocket within his coat to procure a business card. "Before I continue, I feel I should introduce myself. Coltan Faran, and it's a pleasure to meet you." On his card was a bit of contact information, his name and a title 'Private Assistances Agency'. "I was wondering if I may ask you a few questions about tonight, if you wouldn't mind. But first, how are you feeling Miss...?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-20, 12:24 am

"Ah. I see, thank you all the same sir."
Natomi stood up half way, wincing slightly but ignoring it. She was fine for the most part, besides some bit of after pain that the doctors and nurses had promptly dealt with the worse of it. The man was handsome but that was more of a after thought; she was concerned and focused more on other things.

"My name is Natomi Mugen, and I'd be happy to answer questions. It's the least I can do after you helped save my life. If you hadn't done that, I might not be here right now." That was the truth. It also meant, that under her own code of honor she was bound to him until she repaid her debt.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-20, 12:49 am

Coltan held up his hands in a gesture of deflecting gratitude. "Please. Think nothing of it, Miss Mugen. That you would answer my questions is more than enough." He considered pulling up a chair for but a fleeting moment; such a gesture would have been improper in this situation. "I was just leaving my office when an uproar caused by panicked denizens caught my attention. When I inquired about the cause for flee, I was given two descriptions. One of multiple creatures I've yet to successfully identify. The other description matches your appearance." She was the one protecting them, after all. "I realize it is possible you chanced upon the creatures, but I was wondering if you might know anything in regards to their origin or purpose?" He kept his speech very proper and respectful. It was apparent he wasn't suspicious of Natomi, he just wanted information.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-20, 1:00 am

"I don't know."
Natomi frowned, thinking back on it brow forrowing. "They were grey skinned, humanoid with arms that seemed to stretch and no facial features. Their scent was so...odd. I'm not sure what to make of them. My first guess was demonic but they didn't smell of it at all. They might be some other creature I don't know about. My clan...are a group of monster hunters, so I have a lot of experience with different types but didn't recognize any of them..."

"I think it was posion or something that got into my system when I fought them, so they obviously have some sort of venom to be careful of. That's really all I know, I'm sorry I couldn't but of more help."

You have to do this. You can't just let things like this pass so easily.

"And I don't want to sound pushy, but the Mugen clan have a code of honor; we're ninja." She paused, thinking of her word. "What I mean is, since you effectively saved my life, I'm honor bound to repay you in some way. What that is, I'm not sure it doesn't have to be for a life for a life..but I have to at least make a effort to try in some way."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-20, 1:42 am

Coltan didn't need a pen or paper to log the information Natomi was giving him, he kept it all in his head. 'Stretching arms and venomous claws... Without the scent of a demon, perhaps some form of chimera...?' These things did not sound natural. Either way, they were illegal and attacking people. This was a problem he'd have to continue looking into later. For now, he wasn't going to find out anything more from her. He waved Natomi off casually.

"Really, Miss Mugen. There is no need for compensation, nor the feeling of being indebted. I couldn't possibly expect you to repay such a small act." Her hospital bill had been taken care of as well, but considering how the conversation was going, Coltan didn't intend to relay that bit of information. He wasn't too comfortable with carting around the poor woman during his work, either.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-20, 1:56 am

Natomi was stubborn when she wanted to be though, and wasn't about to give up that easily even if Coltan thought otherwise. Seemed they were both stubborn in their own ways. She looked at the business card he had given her, taking a bit of the information in. Natomi thought of anther tactic, it was no less sincere then her previous effort though. "..Then, if you won't let me repay you in some way, could we maybe be friends?"

She moved to adjust herself sitting up a bit more, ignoring the slight after pain from the posion, extending her hand. "My name is Natomi Mugen, nice to meet you." She knew he knew her name already, and technically Natomi knew his name from the card, but she was in a way making it official.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-20, 2:48 am

Coltan... wasn't sure what to think at the moment. He'd introduced himself, as did she. Her wanting to start over wasn't necessarily an issue... Coltan dismissed the thought, figuring he was reading way too deep into nothing. "...I don't see why not." He met her hand with a firm shake. "Coltan Faran. The pleasure is all mine. And please, try to take it easy. There is no need to push yourself on my account." He moved back to the chair in the corner of the room to pick up his book.

"If you encounter anymore of these creatures, please do not hesitate to contact my offices. I'll be sure to take care of it personally, if possible. As a favor to a friend." He smiled.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-20, 3:44 am

Natomi cracked a faint smile. "I'll remember that. I should be okay within a few hours; I tend to recover a bit quicker then normal. Part of what I am and part of training. Also..um, I was wondering if you knew any decent hotels around here? I'm pretty low on money so I'm sort of strapped for options.."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-20, 4:55 am

"Excellent. A fast recovery is good." He thought for a moment on her dilemma. "While there are quite a few hotels in the city, I wouldn't suggest staying if you are so low on funds. Do you have any friends in the area? Though, I suppose not seeing as you are seeking shelter..." This was a tight spot. He wasn't comfortable with leaving her out in the cold. His house had a guest room, but inviting her to his home wouldn't be very proper of him. Though he hadn't realized it yet, he'd technically just offered anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-20, 5:14 am

Natomi..didn't have any real friends around here. Not in the city anyway. Her closes friend Kusa was with her clan and far away, as far as she knew. The other members of her circle that still believed her were kept away for various reasons.

"I don't really have anyone.."

Could she really ask? She didn't want to impose..but it couldn't hurt. It would help repay her honor debt and help herself at the same time.

"Coltan? I don't want to impose on you since you helped me already but..maybe I could stay at your place? I promise I'll do what I can to pull my weight while I'm there. If not, that's fine. You've just met me after all." Natomi was pretty sure she could take care of herself if need be, but her training and what happened told her Coltan wasn't a threat. Not in the sense he wasn't strong, but in the sense he didn't have malicious intent.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-20, 6:04 am

Coltan was about to say something when the idea caught in his throat. He'd just referred to himself as a friend and asked if she had any in the area. A bit untactful of himself if he did say so. Beyond that he couldn't very well refuse after she asked, considering what he'd just said. Without even thinking about it Coltan had put himself in a tight spot. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"I suppose... there is no real issue with that scenario. I have a guest room that is currently unused. There is no need to concern yourself with 'pulling your weight'." He did say she was a friend. A gentleman does not mince words to suit his own agenda. "If you are happy with this arrangement, I will await your discharge and we may depart together."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-21, 1:51 am

It seemed that had done the trick. Natomi smiled at the young man. "Then I'll have to wait a bit before I'm better. Thank you for taking me in Coltan-san. I think I'll be at hundred percent in two..or three hours. It usually doesn't take much longer then that but also depends on how injured I am or how I got injured."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-21, 8:47 pm

"I assure you, the wait is not a problem for me. Take as much time to rest as you feel you will need." Coltan brought his seat closer to the bedside before sitting back down. He figured he would make himself comfortable so long as he was waiting for her. As he made idle chat with Natomi during her down time, he couldn't help but feel... the word escaped him. 'Have I been deluded into something...?' While conversing with Natomi, he quickly dismissed the idea. 'Don't be so rude, Coltan. You are technically off the job.' He thought too much.

"Shinobi Clans are fairly secretive with their village locations, but I am almost certain there are none within this city. Have you traveled this far for business of your own?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-22, 4:25 am

That was something Natomi knew she couldn't avoid, and while she could be a good liar when needed she didn't like too. She liked to be honest. Espeically to those who deserved straight answers.

The young woman eyes were distant for a moment. "..I was framed for something I didn't do by a man named Kenji.." The last part was said with a bit of venom. "So I'm currently keeping a low profile until I can prove my innocence and..after that I guess I'll retire from the Shinobi life style. I'll use my skills for something else; maybe a hunter. I don't know yet, I'll cross that bridge when it comes. The only upside is, they won't ever attack indoors with innocent people and such, but I can't stay inside forever."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-23, 1:41 am

Coltan had a few thoughts on the subject, but didn't voice them immediately. There was no way of knowing whether she was truly innocent or not, though she sounded rather indignant toward this 'Kenji' character. It didn't particularly matter seeing as he wouldn't know either way. What was an issue was the mention of assassins or vigilantes showing up at random. Political ramifications be damned, Coltan just didn't feel like having an entire clan out for her (and by association, his) blood. "That... presents conflict. So long as you presume to stay in my home, I would rather your safety be secured. I am responsible for my guests, after all." He thought for a moment longer, considering his current lineup of jobs. Most, if not all of them, could be delegated to someone else.

"If proof will absolve you of this crime then I will offer whatever aid I have available." Innocent until proven guilty. Coltan intended to help, at least until the crime was solved.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-23, 1:52 am

Natomi gave him a bigger, more genuine smile to that. "I'm sorry about this Coltan-san, I promise not to be in your hair too long." She meant that, too. Besides repaying a honor debt she had no intention what so ever in getting other people involved if she could help it. Politically, there were certain areas her clan couldn't get her since it was too far out of their reach. She needed to find out where those safe areas were until then.

The young demon laid back down on her back, the sleepiness from the posion still having taken its toll. "..I'm..just going to rest my eyes a bit. You can wake me up when its time for me to go.."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-23, 2:50 am

"Hah." Coltan chuckled at that. "While I won't tell you when you must leave the hospital, I will wake you later to ask your condition." He sat back and cracked open his book. "Rest as long as you wish."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sometime later, whenever Natomi felt the strength to leave, Coltan would walk her out of the hospital. "How are you feeling, Miss Mugen? We've multiple options of transportation from here out, but I would prefer to keep you as hidden as possible for the time being..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-23, 3:29 am

Natomi was out and about by the time Coltan got her. True to her word, she recovered relatively fast; she showed no signs what so ever of being injured or weakened from earlier. "I'm feeling fine, thank you Coltan-san.." She paused a bit. "What you like me just to call you Coltan instead? And whatever is fastest. Less chance of being seen."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-23, 4:03 am

Coltan secured his book and personal belongings. Her referral to him wasn't particularly a big deal. She seemed to use a Japanese style of formal speech, an honorific. "Be it casual or cultural, call me as you wish. As a friend, I would only ask for your comfort." If her clan wasn't big on honorifics, dropping it wouldn't be of concern to either of them. He then looked about the street. "Perhaps a speedy travel is best." Coltan held out his arm for Natomi to take hold of. "If you would be so kind? This will take but a moment."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-23, 4:19 am

Natomi blinked, wondering what he was going to do before moving a bit closer t the angel, taking his hand. "I'm ready." She'd just call him Coltan for now. The 'san' at the end of the name was something she occasionally did out of habit but she was learning--partly from Kusa, how to be more relaxed about it.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-23, 5:06 am

"Brace yourself." Coltan warned. "You may feel a slight tingle." Coltan focused is energy and let it flow about Natomi. Using this technique on himself was one thing; using it on others took some doing. Natomi would feel just what Coltan described before a flash of light surrounded them. In the next instant, they were standing in front of a house on a completely different street. "And here we are." He politely released Natomi's hand and opened the front door for her.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty2013-02-23, 5:20 am

Natomi had felt a bit strange after that teleportation, it was different from her own. When she used it, she felt a strange but pleasant warmth go through her body at the time. Either way, she was impressed. Teleportation was usually a very hard skill to learn no matter what discipline you used to obtain it. Whether it be Ki, magic or some natural race power in most cases. Coltan must be a lot stronger then she knew. She felt as much but this was starting to confirm her suspcisons.

"I can teleport too, but its a bit different. That's a nice technique; I've never seen any teleport by turning themselves into a thunder bolt..
" She learned something new everyday after all.

When it was offered, she made her way inside. "Do you live here alone?" If she was going to stay, she may as well learn now. And ground rules. She was a guest, further then that besides the honor debt he was helping her. There was no way Natomi wasn't going to do her own part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ninja Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   Ninja Like Us Empty

Back to top Go down

Ninja Like Us
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: San Francisco-
Jump to: