The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Helping Hand

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty2013-11-29, 6:05 am

Haku blinked a bit. "I just... figured out where you would be least likely to look. Most people couldn't fit in there, but I could, so... um... I don't know how to 'teach' that..."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty2013-11-30, 2:21 am

Elise thought about that for a few moments. "Mmm... 'Kay! I got it! I'm gonna win next time!" She seemed to have gotten something from it after all.

Melissa gave a feigned pout. "You two sound like you had fun. I'll have to get in on the next game!"

"Wec'n play somefin lader!" Elise declared with a mouth full of cookie. A disapproving look from her mother made her swallow before continuing. "Haku, Haku! What do we play next?!" She won, so she'd let her decide.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty2013-11-30, 2:38 am

Haku blinked. "...I don't know any games.... I knew the last one because I looked it up..."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty2013-11-30, 3:46 am

Melissa sensed it wouldn't be wise to stay on the subject of her social knowledge. "Then why don't we just play a simple game? We have plenty of board games and toys in the hall closet."

Elise chimed in at that. "Ooh, ooh!" She began to say something.

"Now wait just a minute, young lady. Weren't you going to let Haku decide on the next game?"

"'Kay..." The young girl relented.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty2013-11-30, 3:48 am

Haku seemed confused. "...Wouldn't playing a bored game make us... bored?" She'd never heard of a 'board game' before. There was a pause as her eyes flashed, and she blushed a bit. "...Oh.... nevermind, I get it..."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty2013-11-30, 4:49 am

Elise seemed slightly confused by Haku's confusion, though Melissa loosed a giggle. Haku was too cute. "Hmhm! Why don't I just choose something, then? You can do it next time."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty2013-11-30, 4:51 am

Haku nodded slowly, rather pleased she wouldn't have to choose. Having no experience with such things, she had no preference either way.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty2013-11-30, 5:30 am

Melissa checked through the closet after they were all done eating. "Why don't we try this game?"ec She pulled out a box labeled 'Jenga'. Elise immediately seized the opportunity. Her hand shot straight into the air.

"I want Haku on my teeeeeam!!" Her mother jumped a little in surprise.

"T-teams? Since when could we do that??"

"Momma's too good! So we're gonna win!" She sounded fairly pumped. "Right??" Elise looked up at Haku.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty2013-11-30, 5:32 am

Haku blinked. "Jenga? ........Ah, I see. Okay then...." Of course, Haku had a very steady hand, and could calculate the best moves to make... this wasn't entirely fair.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty2013-11-30, 6:16 am

Melissa rolled up her sleeves and smiled competitively. "Fine! I won't run from a challenge!" She stacked the blocks up carefully to set up the game. There were quite a few blocks more than usual; enough to stack a tower taller than Elise could stand. When the game started, Melissa tried much harder than when she played with just her daughter. Elise was actually pretty steady when she focused. She'd squint and lean and push ever so slowly as if that were all that mattered in the world. Her excitement upon removing a piece never lost its output with each small victory. She was fine with taking turns with Haku at first, but as the tower grew more sensitive, she began to rely on her judgement more.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty2013-11-30, 6:19 am

Haku would silently point at the blocks Elise would be best served to move, while Haku herself would rather deftly move a block without much trouble. She found an odd amusement in this. Partially in how easy this was for her while the others were trying so hard, but mostly because they were clearly having fun. Haku wasn't aware when she'd started softly smiling again.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty2013-11-30, 6:50 am

Melissa started to feel a little more cornered as the game wore on. The time came when there were no more easily movable pieces. Unfortunately, it was her turn still. She crawled around the heightened tower animatedly; sitting high on her knees to inspect the bottom, or ducking low with her behind in the air to check the tower's base. Eventually, she sat back on her heels and whined. "Aaawwww, no fair! I hate when this happens!" Elise smiled gleefully.

"Duzzat mean you give up, Momma??"

Melissa huffed defiantly. "No way! This is where the real game begins!" She crawled up closer to the tower before carefully placing her hand on a piece. Slowly, slowly, sloooooooowly she moved the piece until... "Eep!" A small squeak escaped Melissa's lips as the tower came crashing down on her head. Elise jumped up from her seated position.

"We wooooooooooon!!!" She began waving her arms rhythmically and dancing about. "Aaaw, yeah~ We so baaad! Victory dance, Haku!" The little girl called to her partner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand   A Helping Hand - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Helping Hand
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14