The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Mother Of The Divine Sort

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty
PostSubject: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-01-19, 1:28 am

I have to find out what's more out there. For too long I've been staying in my bubble, and that wasn't really living. So for now..I want to strike out of my own.

Those were some of the words she remembered with a conversation with Raine before she had left Nene. Nene being a pocket realm of her own creation that acted as a sanctuary and home for those who felt they had no other place; half elves, demons and the like. She had made so many wonderful, true and loyal friends during her 'recovery' process. At times faint bouts of depression still wiggled their way into her mind but they weren't too heavy, compared to before.

And if anything it would be too cowardly to just live away. There was too much to do and too much to see. She'd never be able to fully atone in her mind, but little by little she thought she could at least leave a positive impact to things.

It amused her Prier was essentially the 'Overlord' of Rene now, thinking about it. Then again it wasn't too surprising, as Lloyd was actually a genuine angel now. Nene had direct travel and trade with Crepine's circle as they were more open terms. Or rather through the trials the place went through, such as the chaos of many humans turning into demons thanks to a certain Overlord. There was still so much work to be done, but at least it was a good step in the right direction. When Crepine stepped down, Eclair would make a fine ruler one day.

Poitreene's journey had lead her to many places, some pleasant and others not as much but she knew her limits and avoided things out of her weight class. One particular man..Malcom was it? She tried not to remember the strange man. She didn't know eyes could be permanently sealed tight like that, she only recalled they made her uncomfortable and he got a bit too 'grabby'. She reacted on instinc, lifting him up and punting half his body upwards through a ceiling. Thankfully, the people didn't mind, though Malcom had apparently been stuck there for hours before they pried him loose.

In this particular world, it seemed all right. She didn't much care for the social structure of the place though. There was apparently only two real sapient races here, elves and humans. From what she gathered, there was some animosity between the races. It wasn't quite like Catheria though. She couldn't say anyone deserved being hated for what they were, though the elves had partly brought it upon themselves and visa versa.

It was distressing. Perhaps she could help but she wasn't arrogant enough to think she could change a entire world. Lloyd had done that though..but she was no Lloyd. She'd never be close to that.

She had wandered into a forest area, admiring the view. It was rather peaceful and quite for the most part. She only sensed animals, the tree's and a few others but there didn't seem to be much in the way of people. So far anyway.

Her sensitive hearing picked up something, then a few energies singatures. One seemed to be a half elf.

Perhaps she missed something after all.

"There's nothing here."

"Shut up and be patient. We were told this was the right place."

"Maybe the place really is haunted.."

Sir Armel was slightly irritated by the lack of discipline his other men were showing but let it pass for now. So far, they had encountered nothing but wild animals and wilderness. The forest was eerily quite however. The only noise they heard at the moment was their own breathing and the slight clanging noise of their armor that protested slightly against the weight of their own bodies.

They had been entrusted to find, supposedly a elf lived here. However, the place had the rumor of being 'haunted'. Armel had scoffed at the notion; only fools and senile old man would think this place was haunted or believe in ghost. The reward once the task was done was one reason he took this task, but another was due to the fact elves were sworn enemies to humans; it would be the pramatic approach to eliminate one hiding within the outskirts of their lands. Who knows, perhaps they were a spy. The exact age of the elf was never said, it was only a rumor.

Finally what seemed to be a small house came into the distance. If their target was around, being in there would be a good place to be. Armel arrogantly strode forward, then knocked on the door in a authoritative voice. "Elf. If you're inside come peacefully and you will not be harmed. Resist and be executed."

It wasn't really true; they would be anyway but they didn't need to know that

Last edited by Sion Reaver on 2013-05-10, 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-01-31, 12:28 am

After a long pause, the door slowly creaked open, and large, innocent blue eyes peered up at the men. "...Y-you promise you won't hurt me?" The little girl, no more than six, looked quite scared, but hopeful. She didn't like being alone, and hiding... if these people really wouldn't harm her, maybe she could make some friends at some point? It was naive thinking, but she was young; she could hardly be expected to know these things.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-01-31, 1:10 am

The men were taken back by this, even Sir Armel was. He hadn't truly expected a elf to live in this run down hut, but to see a child apparently had taken him off guard. No matter. She was clearly a elf. Elves were known for their tricks and other tactics, no doubt this was one as well.

"Don't think you can fool us with that innocent facade, Elf."
Armel said cooly. "For such insolence as trying to lower our guard, you should be punished."

The other men, newcomers seemed uncomfortable. "Sir, I know she's a elf but she's just a child..I'm not comfortable with this. What harm can she do?"

The leader sneered at them. "You're a ignorant fool. Elves will use such tricks to lower your guard and I won't fall for it. Even if she is, she'd still be the enemy."

It was then the moment Armel turned around, he'd notice Poitreene there watching him passively. That was enough to startle him and the other men. They hadn't heard anyone move at all, yet there the woman was clear as day without a word. For lack of a better word, it was eerie.

"..Who are you? It's not important; you need to leave. This isn't for civilians let alone for a woman's place."

Poitreene watched him blankly. "I am no one important. I just have one message. Leave the child alone or I will hurt you."

Armel scoffed. "And what can you do against a highly skilled mage such as myself? Much less against a group?"

The goddess smiled but it wasn't friendly. "Indeed? I had no clue..truly, the standards of this world are so radically different from my own. You would be considered average where I'm from, but here you are top class. My apologies."

This made the captain seeing red at this point. Who did this woman think she is?

Poitreene ignored him, instead she focused. Everything around seemed to slow down to a crawl, as if someone had pressed a slow down button on a remote.

Except it wasn't. Poitreene was moving. Impossibly fast by human, and even normal nonhuman standards but by the time she was done, the captain's wand had been bent in half, along with his other weapons laying scattered around him.

It took a moment for him to come too, but Armel's eyes widened. "W-what did you do?"

"I relieved yourself of your toys.
" Poitreene said calmly. "I did so without you noticing; that is the speed difference between us. You can't fight without your wands. You can continue if you wish, but I can't gaurntee I won't seriously hurt you."

Armel was many things, but he was no fool. Whatever this woman, no creature was, she was no human. He reluctantly sounded a retreat with the others.

Once they were gone, Poitreene turned to Tiffania, her expression softening. "Are you all right little one?"

So..cute..
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-01-31, 1:17 am

The young half-elf seemed very confused, but looked up at Poitreene with a shy smile. She knew that Poitreene had just protected her. "I... I'm okay... um.. thank you... that man was scary..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-01-31, 1:19 am

Poitreene smiled at that crouching down so she was at eye level. "Hm, I admit he could be kind of scary in his own way given the way he dressed. My name is Poitreene, do you live here on your own?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-01-31, 1:24 am

The young girl nodded a bit. "Uhuh... I didn't know where to go after... after they took mommy away... and I didn't really want to leave home..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-01-31, 1:33 am

Poitreene'es gazes saddened slightly at that, feeling a slight ache in her chest. She resisted every maternal instinc she had not to hug Tiffania; she didn't want to startle her. The half elf girls hit all the right buttons with Poitreene personally besides the fact of being a small child, apparently alone.

They must have killed her mother, that would explain why she's alone..and those men. She felt a bit of anger but pushed it down. From what little I read and heard, Elves and humans have more then just tense relations. She would have a hard time coping in the normal lands, and I'm not sure the elves of this world would be much better..

I can't leave her alone.

"I see." Poitreene said after a pause. "Tiffania..would..you like to come with me? I know you don't know me well, so if you decline I understand. But I was hoping you'd want to come with me. You see, I come from a different place then this one. The people there are very nice and I know they'd love you."

The Goddess mulled it over, and pulled out a picture for the young girl to see. "This is one of the places. My friend Prier rules there like a Overlord..or ah, sorry I should say Queen." She mused, smiling at her. "The place is called Rene, its very pretty to look at. Would you like to come with me to there?"

A Mother Of The Divine Sort Sample_cc33aace0bc15b552124595824260bd4-1

Last edited by Sion Reaver on 2015-01-14, 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-01-31, 1:47 am

The young girl's eyes widened with wonder as she looked at the picture. She was clearly interested... but then looked back toward her home, conflicted. "But... but what if Mommy comes back, and I'm not here?" She was too young to really fully grasp what had happened; that her mother would not be coming back, that she couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-01-31, 2:06 am

Poitreene felt her heart ache and she once again had to resist the urge to hug the little girl. She offered a smile even as her eyes teared up a bit and she wiped them slightly with her sleeve. "Your mother...might be gone for a long time." She told her gently. "If you want, we can still visit here to check from time to time, but your mother would want you safe, wouldn't she? It's not safe here."

She slowly extended her hand. "I'll keep you safe for now, I promise. Can I get your name?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-01-31, 2:11 am

The little girl seemed to think about it, then nodded. "O-okay... um... my name is Tiffania... um, Westwood..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-01-31, 2:52 am

Poitreene smiled a bit more warmly now. "Tiffania Westwood? I like that name. Anyway, let's get going shall we?" She went over and gently placed a hand on the girl's shoulder. "We'll be there soon.." A gentle silver light enveloped them, and when it died down, both were gone.

Poitreene and the young half elf girl arrived at what seemed to be a beautiful large city, the goddess smiled down at her. "Hm. We'll that wasn't so bad was it? I'll take you to see the rest of my friends. Prier should be in, but the others come and go various times. Follow me."

A Mother Of The Divine Sort Neoclassical_City_by_loppi

Tiffania would notice the place was rather racially diverse. There was elves, demons, humans and angels. Though Tiffania of course would have no clue what demons and angels were more then likely. The place had been established with Poitreene's help as a 'safe haven' for those who had no place to call their own, or just people looking for a place they could grow up safely in without trouble.

They continued walking until they reached a palace, guards greeted them as they went but otherwise let them pass. Poitreene kept going until she reached what seemed to be the 'main' chambers. There was a few people there talking among themselves before one noticed them, a young woman in a robe.

"Lady Poitreene." She greeted. "It's nice of you to visit. Who is the small one?"

Poitreene smiled down at Tiffania. "Her name is Tiffania, I met her recently. I would like to meet with Prier, Raine, and the others."

"I believe Lady Raine and Lord Lloyd are here. I'll fetch them for you." The older looking woman excused herself, going to the side and vanishing as she went to track them down.

"The place is awfully pretty, isn't it?" Poitreene said to her young charge.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-01-31, 3:32 am

Tiffania nodded slowly, looking around. "It's amazing... everything is so big and pretty... though... are there forests?" She certainly hoped so. For so long, the forest had been her home, and she didn't want to never see the forests again.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-02-01, 8:37 pm

Poitreene nodded giving a small smile. "Yes. There is. There's many forest around the city with animals in them. This whole place, not this city is called Rene. I created it myself." She placed a finger to her lips. "It's a secret." It wasn't really, she was teasing.

Not too long after, the woman from before came with Alouette. Poitreene didn't see the others.

"I couldn't find Lloyd, Prier and the others my lady. I apologize."
They said.

"It's fine." Poitreene assured her, turning to Alouette smiling. "Hm..nice to see you again. I brought a new friend with me."

So cute... Alouette was blushing a bit, but cleared her throat to compose herself. She smiled at Tiffania. "My name is Alouette Irving, its very nice to meet you little." She then addressed Poitreene's unspoken question. "As for Lloyd and the others, they went to take care of something but they should be back soon. Managing a realm is..difficult at times."

A Mother Of The Divine Sort Baba135fe41783bdc01ea81261589668
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-02-01, 8:54 pm

Tiffania seemed very surprised by the sight of Alouette; or more specifically, her horns. She shrank back a bit at first, confused... then moved forward a bit, reaching up toward the horns, wanting to touch them.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-02-01, 9:08 pm

Alouette blinked at this, then grinned as she crouched down so Tiffania had easier access to her horns. "You can touch them, just be gentle. They're more sensitive then they look. I have them because of what I am." Alouette had guessed by her reaction Tiffania had never met any of her race before.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-02-01, 9:16 pm

Tiffania gently touched the horns, looking awestruck, then cocked her head to the side as she pulled back. "What you are? What are you?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-02-01, 9:30 pm

Alouette smiled a bit. "I am what is called a demon. There's many races out there and I'm friends with people who are of different races. I know you're a half elf, and because of that there is someone in particular I want you to meet." She looked to Poitreene. "Have you shown her already?"

Poitreene seemed to get what she was saying. "I suppose if we're sharing..." There was a faint, brief flash of silver light and soon the woman was sporting two pairs of large, powerful angelic wings. Tiffania was no doubt going to ask so she decided to get it out the way and be honest. "And..I'm what's called a Goddess."

Even Tiffania's world knew what that was.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-02-01, 9:44 pm

Tiffania's eyes went wide, and she just stared at Poitreene in wonder, before scurrying forward to touch her wings. Feeling the soft feathers, she made a strange noise before practically burying herself in them, nuzzling her cheek against them. "So soft and pretty..... what's a Goddess?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-02-01, 10:03 pm

Poitreene couldn't help but crouch down to hug the girl, she was just too adorable. "A goddess is like a extremely powerful being that helps people. What they look like and powers they have can vary. Sometimes they're thought to perform certain task, like making it rain, protection and the like. I'm..considered a guardian of sorts. Or protection Goddess as some people call it. I was to mostly look after others." She smiled at Tiffania. "Perhaps something pulled me there to find you."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-02-01, 11:28 pm

Tiffania smiled brightly at that, and returned the hug. She didn't say anything, just hugged Poitreene and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-02-01, 11:43 pm

While Tiffania was hugging Poitreene, another and all too well voice entered the scene.

"Hey there. It's been a long time since we saw you." Prier came walking in. She had grown slightly taller and a lot more powerful. Beisdes learning how to work the 'boring paper work--which her little brother and others did most of the time and a few ins and outs of ruling, Prier hadn't changed much. She still thought with her heart and wore her emotions out on her sleeve. The main difference was pausing to think more.

Prier grinned at the two. "Didn't know you had a kid..so who's the lucky guy?" She was teasing, it hadn't been that long since Poitreene came back to them and the kid looked at least six or five.

Alouette put a hand to her forehead and Poitreene stood up and blushed. She did however take Tiffania's tiny friend. "This is Tiffania, she'll be staying with me for a bit." She realized the little girl hadn't given her name before.

"Oh." Prier grinned waving at her. "Hiya! Name's Prier Irving. Just call me Prier, or aunty Prier if ya want."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-02-02, 12:11 am

Tiffania blinked a bit. "Irving? Are you and Aloul- Aloo- Allwet sisters?"

"I suppose we could be considered sisters, yes." Tiffania turned to see Raine walking up. She looked much the same as she always had, aside from her eyes being blood red. She walked right up to Tiffania, kneeling down in front of her. "Hello, Tiffania. My name is Raine Irving. And I was born a half-elf, like you." She shifted her hair aside, revealing her pointed ears.

"Born? You mean you're not one now?"

"Mm, technically. I've become a demon as well." Tiffania looked confused.

"Then... how are you sisters?" Raine smiled.

"Sisters in marriage. We are married to a wonderful man named Lloyd. You'll meet him later." Raine then stood, and smiled warmly at Poitreene. She smiled alot more easily these days. "Poitreene, it's good to see you again."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-02-02, 3:38 am

Poitreene seemed happy to see Raine. "You as well. I like my life on earth, but its nice to see some of my other closes friends."

"So...." Prier started. "How long are you going to be staying?"

The goddess shook her head. "I'm not sure. I'd rather Tiffania to meet everyone first a bit before then and just spend time with everyone. What is Lloyd up to anyway? Working on a project of his?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-02-04, 4:31 pm

Raine smiled. "He's actually teaching some of the children in the city how to wield a sword. He should be done soon, I think. It helps that he has Culotte helping him to explain the finer details."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty2013-02-07, 2:08 am

"Yeah. Lloyd has a knack for it but Culotte helps out in his own way."
Prier said adding her two cents in.

"Indeed. I'm glad most of us are still together for the most part." Alouette had something else on her mind. "Where exactly did you find Tiffania, Poitreene?"

"..I found her in a forest living in a small cabin." Poitreene replied calmly, but there was a few other emotions Alouette could feel from her: anger. Why was she feeling that. "I'll explain a bit more later."

Alouette was smart enough to get that was a code word for not wanting to talk about it in front of Tiffania so conceded the conversation.

Prier shugged, then crouched down in front of Tiffania. "Hey. Wanna grab something to eat or drink? We got plenty of food! And lots of other good stuff."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Mother Of The Divine Sort   A Mother Of The Divine Sort Empty

Back to top Go down

A Mother Of The Divine Sort
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next