The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Place To Belong

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-01, 1:05 am

Tilting her head slightly, the Angel mulled it over and nodded again. "If its not too much trouble I wouldn't mind a ride. I never rode on one of those before. Lead the way then please." She decided she'd go with a ride, if nothing else for the different experience. Her sister did say she needed to get out of her shell more so this was a start.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-01, 1:09 am

Matt smiled and walked over to the bike. He pulled off the helmet and reached into one of his saddle bags for another. "Gotta wear it, it's the law." He said and put his on. He then mounted the bike and started it up. It was as loud as it looked. He revved it a few times and looked to Hibari "Hop on." He said.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-01, 1:16 am

Hibari took the helmet, looking down at it for a moment before slowly putting it on. She really didn't need it in reality, but the law was the law and she wasn't going to get Matt in trouble over something that could very easily be avoided. She soon climbed on, wrapping her arms around his waist so she wouldn't fall off from the bike.

Careful though..

She really did have to be careful, her angelic strength was sometimes a bit much and things..broke. Hibari had excellent control though so she wasn't worried about accidentally hurting Matt during the trip. Self control was one of the very basics you had to learn when you had super strength.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-01, 1:23 am

When she wrapped her arms around him he put the bike in gear and took off. He pulled out of the alley and into the parking lot. Soon they were on the main road. "So where about do you live?" He shouted over the wind and the roar of the motorcycle.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-01, 1:30 am

"Sixth West Street."
Hibari called over the noise of the rushing wind as they traveled. She was enjoying the ride so far, it got her to relax a bit more and think about things. While at first she hadn't thought too much of the idea of working there, the place and people were quickly growing on her.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-01, 1:43 am

Matt nodded "Hey! That's a few blocks from my place!" He said and weaved through the traffic. About six or seven minutes later he pulled up to her place. Traffic was sparse this late at night. So they made good time. The motorcycle rolled to a stop and he put his feet down. "There you are. Door to door service." He said taking off his helmet. He shut down the bike and would put up the kick stand when she got off.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-01, 2:29 am

"Hmm...That's a funny coincidence.."
Hibari trailed off and then let it drop. It wasn't all that big of a concern really. She got off, the apartment was just up the stairs but you had to put in the 'code'(it was gated) before you could actually enter it. She went over, pressing a few buttons before the gate slowly began to slide the other way to let her through.

Hibari turned around to Matt. "Thank you for the ride, I appreciated it."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-01, 2:49 am

Matt nodded. "No problem. He said and put the extra helmet in the saddle bag. He started his bike and made his way home.

It was true his place was only 6 blocks from Hibari's place. However it was not in the nicest of places. However people seemed to leave him, his apartment and his block alone. He kept out the riff raff and in return, he got to sleep soundly.

Matt went up to his apartment and went inside. It was a smallish (compared to someone his size) place. Living room two bedrooms a bathroom and a kitchen. He sat on his couch and grabbed a martini glass. Reaching over to a jar on the table he filled it with Skittles and flipped on Cartoon Network.

(Meanwhile back at the Bronx)

Kay and Ukyo had just finished with the closing details when a man walked into the establishment... He looked dangerous... With a long leather jacket with buckles everywhere, His boots had spikes on them. The sleeves were rolled up and bluish skin shown. Long hair covered his eyes and he carried a case. It looked like...
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-01, 3:04 am

Hibari instantly went up to her room, getting dressed down after taking a shower and tried to go to bed. But since she couldn't, she decided she'd read a book until she finally fell over. It would be a hour or a bit more it depended entirely on how things went, she didn't know if she would even like the book to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-01, 5:38 pm

"LUC!!!" Squealed Ukyo and dashed over. She jumped into the man and he hugged her. "Hey there kiddo." He said and stepped down.

Kay walked over and folded her arms. "I was wondering when you would come back." She said and opened her arms. "Welcome back." She said and hugged her old friend. "Did you find what it was you were looking for?" She asked.

Luc's eyes lowered. "No, and that's the end of it. I'm back, and ready to get to work." He said and looked around. "Has anyone checked up on my boys?" He asked.

Ukyo nodded her head. "Yeah, they all went... I dunno... dormant when you left. it's as if they're asleep." She said and picked up his guitar case.

Luc nodded, "Probably waiting for me to get back. They couldn't find their ass if they were sitting on it." He said with a chuckle. Then he spied the stage. "Oh God... oh no... Kay... you didn't." He said as he spotted the karaoke machine.

Kay barked a laugh. "Yeah well, it's hard to find a good band to play at this place. So, you know. Had to do what I had to do." She said and looked to Luc. "I'll put it in storage." She said.

Luc waved a hand "No, no. Keep it up. It'll be fun to have at least one night a week when we can have a contest with it. I'll win of course." He shifted his eyes. "That is if Konami is here. She always had a good set of pipes." He walked on stage and looked around. "I'll have my boys set it up tomorrow. Get some real music in here." He finished. He looked back to Kay. "So what's new?" He asked.

Kay shrugged, "Not much, business seems to have died down. It hasn't been the same since the last time this place was demolished. People seem to view it as a hazard zone. I don't blame them." She said.

Luc nodded. "Okay well it seems to me that you need a Grand Re-Opening. Any way, I just got into town and decided I would make an appearance. You guys get some rest and I'll see you tomorrow." He said

Kay nodded and hugged him again. "It's good to see you Luc." she said and Ukyo did the same.

Soon Kay and Ukyo locked up and went to bed.

Luc got on his bike and rode to his home. It was a massive graveyard on a hill at the outskirts of town. A large mansion stood at the center. He pulled up to the gate and it creaked slowly open. Luc drove in to the mansion and shut of his bike.

Pulling out a beet he sat on the steps. He cracked it open and took a swig. "Rise and shine." He said and in that instant... the ground heaved...
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-02, 12:37 am

Hibari slowly got more tired as time passed, she eventually put her book away and drifted off to sleep. Actual work wouldn't start until later until later so she had plenty of time.

(Feel free to time snap)
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-02, 1:35 am

((WARNING!!! WARNING!!! THIS IS A TIME SNAP!!! Please make sure your seats are in their regular upright and locked positions. Secure your tray. Make sure your seat belt is fastened. Secure all animals in the Zoo. Cancel the Three Ring Circus... Okay I'll get on with it. lol))

The Next morning Kay woke up to someone shouting. She put on her robe and walked down stairs. There on the stage was Luc. He was barking orders at some other zombies. Getting things set up. "Hey, can you keep it down? Some of us actually require sleep." She said,

Luc looked over his shoulder. "Oh hey Kay, I was just setting up. You know how hard these guys are to work with. Sorry, I'll try and keep it down." He said.

Kay waved a hand. "Don't worry, I'm awake. I just need some *yawn* coffee." She went behind the bar and started to make a pot.

Up in her room Ukyo was sound asleep. She had the foresight to put in ear plugs.

Back down stairs Matt walked in the door. He looked like he fell asleep on his couch... again. "Mornin'." He said and walked to the bar. Matt didn't function well without his morning smoothie.

Luc walked over and behind the bar. He put a finger to his lips. "Shhh..." he went over and made a smoothie and slid it to Matt. He grabbed it looked to Luc and lifted it. "Thanks Kay" He said and took a sip. Then he must have swallowed wrong because he started coughing. He sputtered setting the drink on the bar. Slapping the wood with one hand he lifted his other and pointed at Luc. "You!" He choked.

Luc smiled. "Oh yeah that's right, I'm back baby." He said.

Matt shook his head. "You...bastard!" He managed. After a few seconds he regained himself. "You did that on purpose you ass." He said and got up.

The two men clasped forearms and pulled in for a hug. "When the hell did you get back?" he asked.

"Last night, just after midnight. I got the ghoul squad to help me set up. They're a bit.. rusty." He said.

Matt nodded. "Have you met the new girl yet?" He asked.

Luc shook his head. "No, i haven't."

Matt smiled. "You will."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-02, 2:46 am

Hibari woke up early.

It was habit. One she couldn't break so easily if she wanted too.

Like a dutiful soldier, she rose from bed, carefully going to organize her things and putting them in a certain order. Hibari couldn't stand a dirty rooms, it bugged and agitated her so she was always cleaning and organizing. If something was out of place, it would nag at her until she went over and corrected it. Neatness and cleanliness was something else instilled in her with training. However since she was a 'neat freak' it didn't take as much.

Hibari didn't understand how wanting to have clean rooms counted as a 'neat freak' but each to their own.

After organizing her things, she slipped out of her night shirt and into her normal clothes she was usually seen in. She rather liked them. They were formal without being too much so and could easily be used for a fight if need be. Hibari completed the outfit by sliding on her gloves, glancing at her bed.

A single teddy bear.

The young woman paused, then gently put it in the corner. There was something's from her past she'd never part with(just as long as too many didn't see Mr. Malcom she was fine)

Hibari thought about walking to work, but she didn't feel like it. So she closed her eyes and concentrated. The angelic energy built within her as she formed the destination in her mind. Her body vanished in a flash of lighting, seconds later she appeared at the Bronx entrance in a clap of thunder. The sound wasn't nearly as loud as such, but it did make some noise.

She went to the entrance, pushing through the doors. "Morning everyone.."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-02, 3:51 am

Matt looked to the door. "Speak of the devil." He said as Hibari walked in. He chugged his smoothie and hopped off the stool. "Mornin'." He said and waved a hand to Luc. "This is a good friend of mine. Luc Raptor, he used to play music here before he welt of sabbatical."

Luc wiped off his hands and walked over. He smiled. "Hi there." He said extending his hand.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-02, 3:58 am

Hibari blinked slightly, then nodded going to extend her hand. She gave a firm hand shake; doing so otherwise was considered rude. "Hibari Faran. Nice to meet you Luc."

Then she noticed something. "Is Ukyou sleep?"

It sometimes didn't occur to her people typically slept in more.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-03, 12:07 am

Luc accepted the hand shake "Good to meet you. If you'll excuse me I can't leave them unattended for too long." He said and jerked a thumb to the stage.

Kay nodded, "Yeah she'll sleep for another hour or two, we don't need to start getting things ready to open until about noon." She said and poured herself a cup of coffee. "The kitchen's free game and there's coffee." She took a sip.

Matt took a sip of his drink and got up. "I'm gonna get the paper." He said and looked to Hibari, "Make yourself at home." He said.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-03, 12:21 am

Hibari nodded and went to the kitchen to grab herself a cup of coffee. "I'm curious about something. Who are some of the other regulars that come here? Anybody stand out?"

When Matt picked up the paper, there wasn't much(besides the usual) for the most part. There was however news about Isacroit acting up again, they were more or less classified as a terrorist group; known for going after 'dark' creatures or non humans in general. It was mostly just the last cry of a wounded beast that was too stubborn to die quietly and wanted a last snap of its jaws. Though that might be when it was the most dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-03, 12:46 am

Kay nodded, "There's Kenny Master, he's a rich boy but he's not arrogant about that. He's actually a really good street fighter. His girlfriend Eliza Hicks also comes here. They make a cute couple. David Powers used to come here but since he started dating so girl names Penny he's pretty much a no show. Oh Andrue Bogard and his sister Mia, whom you met last night." She thought on it a bit more. "We have some supernaturals come in but those aren't as often as our more loyal customers." She said.

Matt came in holding up the paper. "Hey we're gonna need to beef up security." He said and dropped the paper down.

Kay looked at it. "Aw man..." She said as she saw the article about the Isacroit. "Fuck it, I'm not gonna open until they're outta town. I'm not risking another remodel. Those things aren't cheap." She said.

Ukyo came down the stairs, She had pajamas with little rainbows on. Under one arm was a pink teddy bear and her other rubbed at her eyes. "Does this mean I can go back to bed?" She asked.

Kay shook her head. "No you sleep too much." She said and looked to Matt. "What do you guys think?" She asked.

Matt shrugged "I say we open, just so long as everyone one understands if a situation occurs I'm in charge. That's what you pay me for." He said.

Ukyo finished rubbing her eyes. "Can I have Cookie Crisp for breakfast?" She asked completely oblivious to the conversation.

"No that's too much sugar, have some Toasty O's" Kay said and looked at the door as Cupid walked in. "Morning, I know I'm early and all but it is pay day isn't it?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-03, 12:54 am

Hibari got herself a cup of coffee. "Hm..still curious about the supernaturals that come here..myself excluded." She joked weakly. Then that was when she noticed the newspaper and frowned. "They really don't know when to let go. I know a bit about them, but not a lot. And Matt? If it becomes dire, let me help you. I doubt they'll come but if they do, best not to take chances if dealing with other superhumans."

The Ralplim tilted her head once, briefly glancing at Cupid and where Luc had went too. "..At least I won't be alone if something breaks out.." She said more to herself.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-03, 1:05 am

Kay listened to her. "Hey if it comes down to it, if you can fight have at it." She said then paused, "What do you mean 'won't be alone'?" She asked.

Ukyo walked into the kitchen and came out shortly with a LARGE bowel of cereal, "Is it pay day?" He asked as she munched on her food.

Matt shook his head. "No that's not until tomorrow." he commented. Then he looked from Kay to Hibari "This place is a known Hellmouth and hangout for supernaturals. I say we plan for the worst."

Luc came down from the stage. "We're all set up. Ready for rehersal when ever you are." He said and then noticed the slight tension in the air. "Okay... what did I miss?" He asked.

Cupid tensed up. He knew what was coming.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-03, 1:36 am

Hibari knew she could have exposed Cupid, but that was hardly the person she was so she spared him. Instead she said something that was the truth. "I meant I would have friends to help. When I was protecting a charge due to being a Honor Guard, sometimes I would be assigned alone. Protecting or fighting is always more diffcult when you're alone. Unless the enemy is a lot weaker then you are."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-03, 1:58 am

Matt nodded however Kay noticed Cupid's rigidness. "Cupid, are you okay?" She asked.

Cupid looked to Hibari and managed to thank her with just his eyes. "Yeah, it's just... I have an aversion to fighting. I had a bad experience." He said and stepped down. He headed to the bar.

Matt looked at him. "What happened?" He asked.

Cupid looked a bit frustrated. "I had, a bad, experience!" He repeated. "Didn't you hear the first time?" He asked rhetorically.

Kay waved it off and looked to Hibari "You were an Honor Guard? For what? If you don't mind my asking." She asked.

Ukyo seemed to sober. "Wait.. what? Are we gonna get attacked again? Lemme change first. I'm not getting held hostage or fighting in my jammies." She said and headed back up stairs.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-03, 2:03 am

Hibari was confused about how Cupid's strong reactions but left it alone as again it wasn't her business. "You know how presidents have 'Secret Service'? That's a lot like what Honor Guard is, but not just the president but other people of high positions. I juggled between two. I was with Akina Rosemand at the time who is head of the South Senate. Then after that I was in charge of protecting Maya Santos; the current president and head of Alus. I only got there because I was recommended."

Then she sighed. "Then I was told to be on 'leave' because I work too much. But I have nothing else to do while here, so I sought employment here."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-03, 2:25 am

Kay nodded and sipped her coffee, "Well then I think you need a change of position here." She chuckled. She thought for a moment. "I could rearrange some things on the books. Get you on as a bouncer." She suggested. "Up to you of course."

Matt smiled. "I sure could use the help." He said.

Kay looked to Luc "Hey Luc, would you mind being a waitress for a while?"

Luc was busy trying to sneak away. He was hunkered over and on his tip toes. "Awwwwww......" He said and slouched. He stood up. "I hate being a girl. It so hard to change and go back. Not to mention it hurts."

Kay gave him a flat look. "No it doesn't." She said.

Luc again sagged... "Yeah... okay... but it sounded good." He followed Ukyo "Hey wait up, I'm gonna need to borrow some clothes." He said.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty2012-07-04, 12:37 am

Hibari didn't even hessitate on it. "I would be honored. It would feel a bit closer to my old work, granted its different." Luc's statement made her pause but she dismissed it. Shape-changers weren't anything new.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Place To Belong   A Place To Belong - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Place To Belong
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next