The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Chance

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-20, 2:50 pm

Criss watched her eat and assumed that she wasn't used to regular food. In due time he finished his meal. Standing he took Mizuki's plate and set them both in the sink. He took off his jacket and loosened his tie a bit. Rolling up his sleeves he washed the dishes and glasses.

He glanced over at Mizuki "How are you feeling?" He asked. Criss moved his gun to his back so it wouldn't get in the way. There was something about this case that didn't sit right with him. So many unanswered questions. He hoped Mizuki would feel well enough to answer some more questions. If not, he would wait.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-20, 3:06 pm

She stood up settling herself elsewhere before he spoke and looked over her shoulder turning around to face him “Better” she said, her voice not as hoarse and she felt a lot better that sickening feeling in her stomach had gone, guessing it was because she was hungry and smiled a little “T-Thank you, Criss” she said softly before she went to settle herself down in the living room her thoughts clearing themselves once more to try and remember something fi she could.
Her eyes closed breifly and after some thinking she remembered small details of memories snippits.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-21, 2:55 am

Criss walked over and sat down. He pulled out his note pad, got comfortable and waited.

((ACK!!! A one liner!!! I'm sorry...))
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-21, 6:22 am

She looked to him questioningly, thinking a little, still her words wouldn't come so instead she gently took the note padd off him and drew a symbol, the logo on the building she ahd ran away from picking it up from memories. Whenever she tried to talk about it her voice would just become muted.
Flipping the page over she wrote down a few things, the snippits she remembered, words she had heard and did another rough sketch, a pure white room with something on the walls, the bordermade to look like a window... there looked ot be asmall pile of dead girls in there.
flipping over another page she drew another picture, of a load of people alive and wrote something she could remember...

Page One...
I heard them call someone John, another markus, another Micheal... never any females in there... said they would get soft and let us free.

Page Two
This room always smelled of blood, a certain man was only allowed in, a few girls went in... never again were they seen but they were dragged out and buried in a mass grave... they were 20 years old... maybe 25 if they were lucky.

Page Three
There were lots of us, sister was in there too, both of us taken from our family... all of us were at such young ages... the older ones would lookafter us try to teach us what they knew so if we escaped we would have some skills at least...
But usually they got killed if they attempted over three times... this is my third attempt and final one...

She handed it back to him witht he sketches flipping it to the first page and then hugged her knees once mreo closing her eyes calmly wanting to block it all out.

(no worries... I can work with it...)
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-21, 7:35 pm

Criss took the note pad and red it. Carefully studding the drawings. If there was a connection he would make it. That was his specialty. For a long while he studied the pictures and what it was she wrote. He knew she believed if they caught her again they would kill her. She would be safe here. He needed those files he requested. That would shed some light on the matter.

He would need to go back to D.C. and access their database for reference on the symbol. That may very well be the key to opening up this case.

He looked back to Mizuki. "Hey, it's okay. Go ahead and rest now. We'll head out in the morning. I have to go to my office and check some things out. Okay?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-21, 7:42 pm

She nodded a little before she stood up and made her way to the room she had settled herself in earlier. Tugging the old cloak off of her she hummed a little to herself a song that she always remembered, no matter what happened it was one of few things that brought her out of her nightmare. Curling up under the covers it did not take long for her to drift off. However, she woke startled in the middle of the night a muted scream rang in her throat from the nightmares, the memories she wanted so dearly to forget. She rustled her hair not sure what to do thinking and remembering snippets once more. ‘ You had nightmares again Mizuki, look if you have them again come to me or someone else…we’ll help you’ she gulped a little to her Criss was still a stranger but… She got up and went to find him “C-Criss” she whispered seeing if he would wake up.
She tried to explain her memory, her nightmare but she felt it was useless since he hadn’t been there.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-21, 7:51 pm

Chriss watched her ho up stairs. He fumbled around down stairs for a bit. Made some phone calls so he would get the missing persons files he requested earlier. He went into the office and made a copy of the symbol and pictures Mizuki drew.

Some time later after his relief arrived he went up stairs and into his room. He stripped off his shirt and tie and lay down on the bed. It wasn't until around midnight when he was awoken by Mizuki. He stirred and was alert again. "Yeah, what it is? What's wrong?" He asked
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-21, 7:58 pm

She tried explaining “Nightmares, sis… that room… him… the others…” she said the words stuttering out of her mouth, “Sis said to find someone if the nightmares came again…” she said, that was something she remembered clearly her sisters words another things that would keep her form nightmares, the soothing words that she could remember. She tried to explain… “it’s a bad memory, sis said it was when I saw someone getting…hurt badly.. never saw her again… then sis…” she said, her sister… the only family she had known at such a young age she never went to parents for nightmares always her sister… now she was gone and he was the only other person here. “Sorry, if it’s not making sense.”

Taking a deep breath she started again... "it's my sister... that room I drew where the strange man goes in.. sister amd me went in there one day... a month ago... he... he was part of the police he had a badge that said he was but his face was covered. She-she tried protecting me and they took me to where she was buried... some of the girls were buried alive and you can hear them screaming as they choked" she said it sounded like such a long dream but every snipetmade her upset. Wishing she could have gotten the other girls out of there as well.

(I g2g, reply when I can, it's 1 am over here...lol)
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-22, 5:47 pm

He moved to the side. She looked like a kid who woke up from a bad dream even though she was legally an adult. He shook his head and moved back. He was laying on top of the covers in his room so he just uncovered the section of the bed he wasn't laying on. "Come on. Calm down, it's gonna be okay. I'll get to the bottom of this." He finished moving his gun from under one pillow to the night stand.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-22, 5:57 pm

Hesistaiting she tried to calm down and curled up under the covers, trying to get herself back to sleep. her fingers finding part of his shirt to hold onto. She really was like a kid, scared... but if anyone ahd been there for so long then they'd understand why. She did eventaully get to sleep breathing softly as she slept her mind trying desperatly to drown the dream out shivering every now adn then as she slpt until the morning came...

Waking up she let go of his shirt and thought a little trying to figure things out before she sat herself up half asleep and quite tired. Although she had to try and teach herself some thigns anyway so she wasn't goign to sleep in for a while... she had plenty to catch up on any way. Plenty of things to keep her mind distracted.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-22, 6:07 pm

Criss thought about what she had said while she slept. Her nightmare seemed rooted in reality. Like a string of events thrown together in some horrific way. Somehow there was a corrupt cop involved. He would have to get a better description or hopefully a badge number from her. Things were slowly starting to fall into place. Soon his files would arrive and that would also help put things together. Someone was going down for this. Would make sure of that. He drifted off to sleep...

He awoke to Mizuki stirring and waking. He blinked a few times and was wide awake. As she let go of his shirt and walked out of his room he sat up and grabbed his button down and tie. After situating himself he tucked his gun behind his right hip and walked down stairs. "Mornin'." He said and moved to the kitchen. He put on a pot of coffee while he made breakfast. It involved scrambled eggs, bacon and toast.

He set the plate down for Mizuki and one for himself. "Dig in. We have a long day ahead of us. We first need to get you some clothes and then we gotta head to the office." He took a bite of bacon "You up for that?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-22, 6:19 pm

She moved a little after he had left waking up completely before sorting herself out a little and going into the kitchen after pulling the old cloak around her. She could smell breakfast cooking, this food tasted so much better than what she was used to and certainly filled her up. She looked to the plate still a little surprised by the amount let alone that it was real food and gladly dug in listening to what he said and nodded “It would be nice to have some nicer clothes than I did…” she said, she had calmed down and was speaking properly. Her muted voice fading away as well, she had learned small things already such as what real food was, about where people normally slept.. small things really but still it was a start for her.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-22, 6:42 pm

He nodded "Well you do have a choice, you can stay with me and I'll post one of my friends here to watch over you while I take care of some business or you can come with me. Your choice," He said and continued eating.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-22, 6:48 pm

She didn't like the idea of another person coming here, what if it was that cop? "I'll come" she said nodding a little knowing she could learn just as much while he took care of things. "Where are we going then?" she asked quite excited about going outside in reality. She kept herself calm waiting in silence for his answer and getting ti she figured the cloak would keep her covered better until she got some clothes and shoes. She would be happy with whatever really.

When they did get ehr some clothes she struggled to figure out what she liked adn picked some straight jeans and a top to go with it as well as some simple trainers.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-22, 7:03 pm

Criss thought for a moment. "Well if you're gonna go with me then we're gonna go shopping first. Then we'll head to my office." He said. Instead of the cloak Criss put his overcoat around her. "It would draw less suspicion." He said with a half smile.

After leaving the house he took Mizuki to the nearest department store. There he let her try on clothes. When she picked out what she wanted he paid for it and packed it into the car. "Okay now we're going to the field office so I can pick up the files I requested. Just stay close when we're in the building." He said
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-22, 7:11 pm

She wore the new clothes at least she blended in a lot more than she did before and stayed close a little nervous about being in huge groups of people. anyone could be one of them, fi they saw ehr she'd get dragged back and they'd kill not only her but Criss for helping ehr. She winced atthe thought stopping breifly but quickly cuaght up with him and nodded.

The feild office was another strange place and she stayed close like she was tld but also quiet looking around her another officer there looked ot her. "Criss who's the girl following you around?" she asked, just curious. nothing mroe since.. well no one really liked him at all.. because he was weird.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-22, 7:34 pm

Criss glanced back "She's a ride along. Interested in the bureau." He lied because if there was a dirty cop then there may be some dirty agents. He would have to handle this more carefully. Criss led Mizuki down stairs to his office in the basement. He was often teased about being Fox Mulder from that one t.v. show. He opened his door and there on his desk were the filed he asked for.

He grabbed them and tucked them into Mizuki's chopping bag. So far it was only him his Superior that knew about Mizuki and he wanted to keep it that way. Agent Mendoza was one of his friends in the agency that he trusted. He was the one who revealed him last night so he could sleep.

He grabbed the case files he needed. "Okay let's get back." He said "The safe house should be okay for now. We'll head back there." He also grabbed his laptop. She had been out of the loop for a while. It would be good for her to learn about the world.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-22, 7:52 pm

She just kept quiet. She could hear them chattering a little picking up what they were talking about easily and looked to him a little confused before she followed him to his office and helped him out a little where she could. She had to do something to help him at least. She nodded “ok” she nodded. She wanted to learn about this world she had missed for so long.

Seeing the shops and bureau showed her some different environments a little tense in that place though, what if that cop was there. She shook her head knowing Criss was there and simply just kept close and tried to help out where she could. When they got back she was quick to look around finding some books she liked to read stealing some from around the labs to read. They eased the nightmares for a bit.
She settled herself down to read before she went over to Criss “what are you doing?” she asked curiously, she was clearly more laid back, relaxed adn curious about everything now, she wanted to learn and Criss would have to prepare himself to answer a lot of questions.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-22, 8:23 pm

Criss looked up from where he settled down to work in the safe house. "Um.." He moved some papers around "I'm getting ready to work." He pointed to a file, "This one's a missing persons file from about the time you were taken." He moved to another file. "This one's your actual case file." He pointed to the laptop "And this is where I do and record my work." He finished.

He made himself a bit more comfortable too. He was still wearing his slacks but he now wore a t-shirt with a New York Yankees emblem on it. Along with his old F.B.I. ball cap.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-23, 3:50 am

She listened to what he said learning things before she realised maybe she should let him be and found herself something to do finding some paper, a pencil and a book to read afterwards she began to do another rough sketch, this was of a different person, a different place... the face was covered and she seemed to a series of drawings over each over in a different tone of pencil. She ahd to becareful if they found it they wouldn't udnerstand it but maybe Criss would.
The first picture was of a man with a mask searching around a little mroe she had found some colours and coloured in the eyes the correct colour not forgetting details. The second picture was a place, the logo in the back ground and it looked like a waste land really, thrid picture was of a mass grave, a fresh one some bodies moving a little still before they were buried alive.

It linked to part of her nightmares and she knewwhere the place was as well. one of the places she got caught and taken back there with and it was dangerously clsoe to that place as well. she wouldn't go near there if she could help it.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-23, 4:07 am

Criss had worked for a while and when he glanced over at Mizuki he took some of her drawings. After studying them he picked up some things. He had a general idea of where that place was and when he saw the wasteland then he knew exactly where that place was. "Hey, Mizuki is the lab where you were underground?" He asked
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-23, 4:18 am

She thought a little "half of it, where me and sis and the other girks were kept, they buried the dead girls here.. mass graves...some were not killed and just buried alive" she said sketching in part of the logo on the building behind and circled it "this si the building, the wasteland is like a grave yard... there are.. three mass graves there" she said thinking a little once more.
"You know this place?" she asked him, "I remember going there a lot when girls were buried... umm, I think we all went there and saw that man, but he always wore a black mask... always ahd hands covered in blood... the police badage was hidden in his pocket, I stole it a few tiems to see if I could find something... the number looked as though it was worn or filed down." she said thinking again, talking mroe clearly than the day before
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-23, 4:23 am

He nodded as she spoke. "If you can remember what the badge looked like that would be helpful." He looked at the time it was about mid afternoon. He was hungry. He went into the kitchen and made some microwaveable pizzas. He also grabbed two glasses and a two liter of soda.

He sat down and set the food and drinks out for them both. He though about some things. "I think tonight i'm gonna go there and investigate." He said first he was going to access the police database to see if there were any thefts reported by this company with in the last week. That way he would have a pretext to go there.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-23, 4:30 am

She looked quite worried when he mentioned going there and shook her head “No, it’s dangerous… they patrol it a lot if they catch you your dead” she said. She took a bit of one of the pieces and ate it happily, thinking to herself as she did and looked to the paper pad she had and began to sketch again, trying to remember the police badge but only managed to get a very vague picture of it on the paper the filed numbers escaped her recall of memories. “They said that it was also private property at one time so no police could investigate” she said thinking a little.

“But it’s dangerous you’ll get killed If your caught” she said nervously not wanting to get him killed, other people had been murdered because they had helped her and she didn’t want that to happen again.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty2012-05-23, 4:54 am

He shook his head. "Not if there's a crime reported. Also if I have probable cause like say an eye witness account I could get a federal search warrant and really screw up their day. As it stands now all I can hope for is if they reported a break in or theft or something." He munched on pizza while he searched for the company logo. He knew that the logo would give him the name of the company or at least tell him who it belonged to. Then he would run the name through the police database and the federal database if he needed to. Right now he was just searching for a reason to go over there and he needed to find it soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Chance    Final Chance  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Chance
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next