The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Never Surrender

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-02-29, 5:09 am

"Thank you, but no." He held up his hand in a gesture of refrain. Given his recovery time, he was fine by way of energy. So the Reaper did exist. Grave wondered if the collector of souls hated his kind and would relish their demise. He realized his addressing of the renowned and sentient weapon was likely rude, and acknowledged Deadly. "Forgive my prior idiom. I meant no disrespect."

Grave retrieved his sword and stretched. "Again, I thank you both for your intervention last night, albeit unintentional." His work in this region was done. It was almost time him to begin working on personal matters. There were quite a few angels he needed to have 'choice words' with. Israfil appeared on that list, forcing a particular thought to his mind. Grave departed with small advice. "If you've no purpose, I suggest living life your own way. I'm sure, however, you already practice as such." Living without purpose was no better than death to Grave. It gave him reprieve and, in a way, maintained his sanity.

Next on his list of destinations were major angelic cities. He was sure to be unpopular in these areas, so night travel was his ally. For now he would travel on foot until night.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-02-29, 11:58 am

“Do not worry about such things, Seclusion can be rude herself” she laughed in a softer voice remaining silent. Seclusions habit of reading through someone was still there though “you’re going to all the major angelic cities how interesting” she said simply “Mind if I come along, I have a taste for their souls, much sweeter than a demons or a humans” she said “and you might need some help after last night if such a thing happens again the damage could be worse if you are not careful.” She said not caring if he said she could come or not she was going there anyway now that she knew her favourite food was there.

She then spoke once more “Also the Reaper is not utopian at all or a soul demon he is a creature unknown to anyone, no one’s eyes can pry into his soul believe me I have tried” her wings rustled and thought briefly, she had a lot of knowledge about the angels and knew every weakness unfortunately they knew hers quite well but were simply stupid and didn’t use them.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-02-29, 6:57 pm

Grave was silent for a moment before answering. "If that is your desire. This trek will likely yield many angelic souls." Altercations were guaranteed; with the war fresh in their minds the two were likely to be very disfavored. His mind wandered to the thought of the Reaper and his scythe. He thought they were only characters in a tale. A being that could steal away your soul with a mere touch. In a way, it was a fearsome being to soul demons. He never thought him existent until now.

""We can depart when you are ready. I have affairs to rectify with a few soldiers and generals. I imagine you may have business there as well?" He asked. Grave assumed she had her own vendettas to resolve. He leaned against the door frame, ready to leave whenever.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-01, 2:18 am

“I’ve nothing to do here, I’m just about rested up and pretty much healed so we can leave whenever I don’t really mind to be honest” she said to him rustling her wings a little she picked her bag up attaching it around her waist, though it was more like a pouch anyway and sealed it off. When they did leave she did not really speak focusing on the conditions of her wings encase there were any faults in them while they walked since they had been caught by the angels a few times before. Deadly spoke to her “Where are we going?” she simply replied with the name of the next city. Her wings were surprisingly quite small and did not drag at her feet whenever she walked which was rather strange eve for her.

She picked up anyone or anything that got near with ease mostly because of how senstive to souls she was, although that was normal for her.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-01, 4:25 am

On scarce occasions the two would pass other travelers without incident. Grave remained silent during their travel as well. He was accustomed to such navigation. As night drew near, he took to the skies knowing Ashes was well enough to do so. Time drew on and the landscape changed. When the city finally came into view, Grave touched down and resumed walking. He faded his presence.

The outskirts were normally guarded, despite the city's average size. Grave's target resided in the militant station near the gate, so a few guards stood at their posts. Four to be exact. "The outpost is my destination. If an alarm is raised, a cavalry will be called." He warned Ashes before moving swiftly through the darkness. Passing energy through his blade, he drew it and sliced through two guards' energies. He immediately followed up with a few strikes to knock them out. It was not his style to take offense, but given the circumstances he chose this over a messy alternative. His two guards were not dead, but thoroughly incapacitated.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-01, 12:13 pm

Remaining quiet whenever they passed someone her eyes watched their souls picking up snippets of information as they passed by in silence. She flicked her wings a little every now and then. She gave a light sigh when night came and stretched her wings flying a little higher than him since the wind caught her wings a little more. She spotted the guards and landed swiftly avoiding their eyes she crouched in the bushes watching them, hiding her and her weapons presence; she had learnt that both her race and soul demons had very similar abilities.

“Hmm I see, makes sense” she said to him watching in silence a little confused, perhaps she had spent too long in a place filled with war but just shook it off not asking any questions. She spotted the other two and twitched her fingers slightly small threads searched the ground tripping them up and knocking them both out before she searched the rest of the borders her sight was very clear at night more so than during the day and the small flickering flames showed themselves to her watching them silently “No more are coming near” she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-01, 7:34 pm

With the guards down, Grave moved into the city gate and toward the outpost. He detected several souls beyond its walls. Grave readied his sword and released its nonlethal property. He saw no issue in killing the soldier, and little risk as well. Two infiltrators would be expected to be no threat; unlike the city guards their pride would prevent them from issuing an alarm. For now. "Get your fill..." He whispered.

In one instant, Grave broke down the door and blew a strong force through the opening. The pressure knocked a few soldiers to the ground, and extinguished their light sources. He used the new found darkness as cover to slip inside and began cutting down foes one by one. He tore through one angel's neck, spun on his heel and stabbed another through the skull. He darted and weaved about the darkness to avoid their attempts to illuminate the attacker.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-02, 2:17 am

She rolled her eyes a little when he said that and shook her head, she did not eat a live person’s soul and they were alive at the moment. She rustled her wings a little and let him go to the door while she found somewhere high up in order to find the captain or lord in this area. Always the best person to hit in such circumstances and it got the job done far more quickly. Looking around she could drink in the sights of that night fi she wanted but figured she had best not do that until this area was safer.

Jumping from the high point when she found the target she licked her lips a little, she could be a surprisingly fussy eater and this was one of those moments, staying in shadows she watched them always careful always making sure she stayed elusive to them and the other angels with that old instinct of hers beginning to kick in once more.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-02, 9:42 am

The top floor was barely lit. A woman sat calmly in the room's center. Her soul burned bright marking her superiority over her subordinates. She bore the rank of Captain during the war. She sat silently with very little movement. The woman was intently concentrating on her surroundings, but had yet to detect her intruder. A cutlass lay fastened to her hip.

Never Surrender - Page 2 Barbelo_Stock_001

Downstairs, Grave continued his frenzied whirlwind. He kept spell casters confounded with his movements and quickly brought down melee assailants. Occasionally, he would impale a distant foe with a soul claw or absorb another soul mid-combat. With each passing second, more and more blood lined the walls and floor.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-02, 11:49 am

She smirked and licked her lips “Hmm seems as though I have found someone fun” she said noting the cutlass on her hip remaining hidden in the shadows for a bit she decided it was time to take her chances. Moving through the shadows in silence behind her she removed the cutlass and held it in her hands examining it with curious eyes before tossing it away and looked to her without any words.

She eventually spoke but with such ancient words few could remember their meanings, her wings feathers changing to a silver colour stained with blood as the curved blade around her neck threatening any sudden movement with a nice cut to the throat and most likely death. She kept her from moving with small threads weaving around to restrict the movements which were surprisingly strong.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-02, 5:38 pm

The angel's eyes snapped open at the sudden disarming. Sensing the adjacent aggressor, she teleported behind her to catch her discarded blade. In the dim light, she failed to see the threads. "Rot away, assassin." She seethed as she raised her hand. And ethereal sword of light formed behind Ashes and rushed forward, aiming to run through her chest.

Three angels remained on the first floor proving to be more competent than the others. Two kept up an assault to keep Grave distracted while the third attempted sealing incantations. His speed was too much for the trio as he soon eviscerated one of them with a shadow claw.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-02, 5:46 pm

“Hmm, I don’t want to” was all she said looking to her with a smirk dancing on her lips she jumped flipping herself onto her scythe and stood perfectly balanced on the top blade avoiding the hit “You’ll need more than that to hit me I’m afraid, you might be a captain but well, you need to learn so much” she laughed taunting her a little and flipped backwards taking her scythe with her and resting one blade behind her waist and waited for them to attack again, she was never one to rush into fights, always preferred to taunt and play with them.

A dark chuckle came from her scythe “we’ll be eating well” looking to the scythe she laughed a little “It does appear so, speak your name angel” she said her voice had a sense of authority in it, she rustled her wings in silence waiting for an answer to her question or rather her demand.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-02, 6:19 pm

"You raid my quarters then demand my name? Insolent creature." The woman haughtily spoke as she drew her sword. She frowned. "Nonetheless, the one to take your life shall be me: Barbelo, of the angelic army." With deft speed, she dashed forward to slash at the utopian's throat. She deemed the assassin's name irrelevant.

Grave exited the blood soaked room and stepped into the cold night air. The last of the soldiers had fallen, it would take until morning before the bodies would be discovered. He flew up to the top floor, but didn't enter. The fight had already begun and Ashes appeared to be enjoying herself. He wasn't one for two-on-one bouts, so he perched on a building nearby and watched their souls dance about the room.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-02, 6:33 pm

The young utopian thought of it all as a game and laughed a little blocking in the last second her eyes having locked on began to read every movement, she knew how to use her abilities. “I will not let my life be taken so easily” she said bluntly back and moved herself swiftly the curved blade soon around the angels neck, a fierce flame appearing in Seclusion’s mismatched eyes. The same fierceness any person would have with such a strong will to live.

She pulled her blade away getting bored “You’re boring, I’d rather go play with someone else” she said in a bored tone just mocking her by now, clearly not taking it seriously at the moment. Her wings rustled lightly before they stretched the blood drenched wings always made people think about how they ended up like that.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-03, 12:52 am

Barbelo's eyes flared in anger. "Arrogant, aren't we?!" She released immense pressure on the area. Magic surged throughout the room as it filled with countless orbs of light. Each small sphere shaped into ethereal blades of light. As the storm of lights quickly closed in Ashes from every direction, Barbelo teleported outside. Her wings widened to allow her hover as she shot a ball of condensed light back into the room that detonated with enough force to crumble the top floor. The explosion sparked a blinding light accompanied by a resounding explosion. Her room had been completely totaled, along with the now dilapidated floors below.

The angel floated in place, panting lightly from the exertion. Grave didn't budge from his position, positive the strike wasn't enough. He could sense her, unlike Barbelo. That was... rash. He thought to himself. An alarm sounded in the distance. The explosion had indubitably roused a state of emergence. He still sat, confident they had a few minutes left.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-03, 6:01 am

Seclusion smirked and flapped her wings twirling her scythe in her hands to keep the light away from her. She flew out and looked to her finding her with ease. “Stupid, I’m not a demon, light magic doesn’t weaken me” she said bluntly to her, she did get a few scorch marks and burns from the light that had touched her, she ignored the burning pain on her arms and lifted her head a little looking to the night sky briefly, she breathed fairly calmly knowing not to exert herself too much, not something she wanted to risk at the moment knowing she’d be tired afterwards.

“Oh dear a coward are we, using the explosion to make them sound the alarm, how pitiful” she said looking to some other angels below. Her hellish teeth snapped a little focusing on her at the moment since she was the one attacking their captain.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-03, 6:19 pm

The angel gritted her teeth and growled in frustration. She raced toward Ashes and deftly slashed at her numerous times. Accompanied by every attack, two ethereal swords formed and struck from different directions. "Damn you! Die already!" Her airborne movements where incredibly fast, but her fatigue was beginning to dismantle her form. The energy needed for the explosion was taking its toll.

Grave descended to the streets as the two fought in the skies. With his presence hidden, the arriving soldiers were taken completely by surprise. Blood began to rain about the street as the dark figure cut through the soldiers in stride. Troops began to arrive in greater numbers, to which Grave had no trouble. He could feel a much larger group headed their way; one that could prove difficult.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-03, 6:36 pm

She always seemed to act so calm, never showing any pain she felt at all and growled a little taking a few hits before she lunged and pinned the angel down “Give it up, this is getting boring” she said and moved the scythe away “you need to learn, I’m much older than I look you have nowhere near as much experience young angel, learn before you pick your fights” she said and rustled her wings small threads stitching up as she flew up into the shadows searching through the darkness. “We should be moving” she said. She still held some mercy and looked to the young angel “You pity her; she appears to be being dragged into a world of war like you were”

“Time have change so much over the last 100 years” she chuckled “Well then, I do not feel much like another fight, I need to stitch myself up” she said almost emotionlessly the threads still stitching up a few of the wounds she had gained, not healing them simply keeping them together so they didn’t bleed.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-03, 7:37 pm

Grave swiped the blood from his sword. Barbelo grunted in strain as she rose to give chase. She stopped when her gaze met Grave's. He sighed in lament. This sort of life was not to be sought after. He disappeared into the darkness. "Wait--" the angel was cut off by her surrounding subordinates. They crowded around to ensure her safety and began to assist her retreat.

"Certainly much has changed... but not enough." Grave said, keeping up with Ashes. "There are places within the city we can rest. This way." He navigated the two to the city slums; times of war were harsh to all during and after. Finding an old secluded building, he led the way to a long abandoned room. He knew the city rather well. "They are unlikely to search here, but I will stand watch." He said, sitting in an old wooden chair.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-03, 8:05 pm

She rustled her hair vanishing herself and simply followed her wings giving a crack as they stretched out turning she looked to them over her shoulder briefly. She raised an eyebrow at what he said “That is what my friend Deadly does for me already, you need to rest as well and I advise you do not try to lie either” she said going to a different room in order to rest leaning her scythe against the wall and lay back on the bed staring at the ceiling
For a bit humming softly to herself closing her eyes as sleep took over, very lightly opening her eyes slightly at a single sound that she felt was too close for comfort to her liking. She moved herself to go outside for some air about the middle of the night stretching her wings out she heard the light chime form her scythe back in the room “Only for a minute” she said softly back and looked to the sky her mind travelling swiftly back into thoughts before she walked back in rustling her wings as the deep thoughts filled her mind.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-03, 9:51 pm

Grave sat still without a response. She'd seen through him without speaking. He thought of the night's encounter and events to come. Hopefully his future targets had withstood the trials of the last century. At the sound of a hum, he drifted into his 'sleep' state. He remained on guard, awakening when Ashes stepped outside. He couldn't feel any hostiles, so he remained seated.

"What ails you?" He asked from his room. There was possibly a presence even he could not feel. Or perhaps she was simply troubled.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-04, 5:51 am

She turned a little looking over her shoulder “Nothing you need concern yourself with, don't think its something you'd understand either” she answered back, she simply missed everyone she could not pick up any presences. Walking back in she said no words to anyone deciding it best she go back to sleep. Awakening at last when she felt glimpses of sunlight she groaned a little, reluctant to get up as she soon sat on the bed rubbing her neck a little and stood up slowly. Deadly clattered to the ground suddenly and she turned looking to it “Deadly Score…” she growled and picked up her scythe laying it back against the wall stretching her stiff wings and arms before walking around “You up, Graves?”

She soon just let him be and the ghostly wolf form appeared walking through the old abandonded house silenlty, no sound came form teh ghost asit followed its master outside, humming to herself softly once more as she let herself slip deep into thought. The ghostly hound looked to her and nudged her arm snapping her from her thoughts. "Don't give me that, I know full well how to deal with such a thing, the heart hasn't stopped beating just yet." looking to her silent words came rom the wolf "Do not lie to yourself you miss them all"
"Well wouldn't you, I can't sense them, three cities and nothing" she said lying back and staring once mroe at the sky.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-05, 1:10 am

Settling in, Grave looked through the darkness at nothing in particular. He had a guess as to what was going on, but dismissed the incident so long as there was no danger. If his assumption was correct it wasn't his place to ask. He dosed back into his 'sleep' state. The sun rose some time later, rousing him from his sleep. Grave silently searched through the house for a cloth clean enough for his intent. He sat back down to clean his blade when he heard a clamor from Ashes' room. He called back with a simple "Yes." in response. A greater number of soldiers walked the city streets. Their souls radiated with a greater mettle, much higher than the previous night's fallen. The slums were far less scrutinized; depicting a social barrier that transcended racial consistency.

Grave finished his cleaning and stood. He walked outside and took in his surroundings. There were no people in the streets yet, of which were not paved. The surrounding buildings were in disrepair and the overall ambiance was drastically different compared to their entry point last night. His business in the city was concluded; he'd confirmed his notion and a different objective. Deadly had reverted her wolf form and the two appeared preoccupied. Looking around, however, his thoughts were engaging future events.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-05, 7:41 am

Watching the distance she whistled “Wow, so silly, Deadly they sent a load of soldiers to search the city. But they are stupid, they never search these buildings” she said jumping down after she finished speaking to Deadly for a little while to calm herself down. Shaking her head she drifted back into her thoughts after picking Deadly up and leaning her against the wall once more. “Where do we go now?” she asked thinking to herself, “I know the north is clear that’s for sure although you seem to have a route already planned.”
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty2012-03-06, 4:03 am

"It would appear they favor safeguarding their nobles over protecting the poor..." Grave observed with a bit of contempt. Such a sorry state was the world in today. Just another reason the soul demon preferred smaller towns of human or demonic origin. He turned to view the sun's rays illuminating more of the land by the minute. The nearest cities lay eastward and northbound. The eastern city was too close and paths were unsafe. They were likely well guarded. The northern route would be safer for now; they could take their time and arrive by nightfall.

"We head north. It's farther, but the better path." His next target wasn't to be taken lightly. They would need their strength and wits about them. He started down the path in silence. Due to their exit location, their leave was uneventful. Grave kept wary during their travel, unsure of its total safety in lieu of past events. The closer they got to the city, the more on edge he appeared. Night drew near as they traveled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Never Surrender
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Off Worlds :: Elsewhere-
Jump to: