The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Never Surrender

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-16, 1:55 pm

The sky that day was full of anger, hatred and sorrow. No one knew why, but the few that remained to see the end of the terrible war, their bodies were broken and slowly their life ebbed away surrendering to their death. One of them a young woman pulled herself onto her elbows blood dripping from her mouth with a once scarless body now riddled with scars, her coal black hair falling in front of her face, panting and gasping for air her mouth wide open as the pale blood dropped out

She looked up hearing footsteps coming towards her and then suddenly stop, the once innocent eyes now filled with the sin of death and murder. Her barely living body clinging to any strand it could to survive, her razor teeth covered by bleeding lips. Tattered wings dropping to her sides, their silver feathers forever stained with the crimson liquid of war, her arms shaking as they held her as far off the ground as they could, fists clenched, her head soon lowered again, mismatched eyes of deep gold amber and the purest of blood red.

She waited “Surrender there is only you left now, what can one woman do?” her head snapped up ignoring the pain that coursed through her body “I’ll tell you what I can do, I can hunt each and every one of you down until your souls are all rotting under the tinted moonlight” she snapped only to get kicked in the stomach and gave a grunt of pain and looked to them. She was in no state to be arguing but she wasn’t going to surrender to anything or anyone and nothing would make her she had to live.“Such a strong will to live despite the fact your broken through and through. Riddled with scars you’ll end up as a shadow”
"It’s better than rotting in hell because of you scum” she said devilish smirk appearing on her face coughing up blood when she was kicked again and wincing when another stepped on one of her broken wings and bit her lip from the agonising pain when they tore her wings out cleanly.

Instead of killing her they pulled her to her feet after tearing her wings off completely bone and all leaving two gaping wounds on her back her slender form cover in blood stained moon pale ivory skin blood dripped down her back as she was taken back. Her head was raised to the sky every time a pair of new wings grew they were ripped out once more. She looked to the chains that held her by her neck and hands as she wore the old tattered clothes wondering what would happen she made no sound refusing any food they gave her she muttered to herself “One month, that is all I have” she closed her eyes and just waited as days passed the sunlight meant nothing to her as she waited making no word to see if she’d be bought.

“It’s better than rotting in hell huh? Who knows what you’ll be used for and the scythe of yours will make a good price”

“Touch my scythe and you’ll regret it” she said no one would even touch it but her something stopped them as though the scythe it’s self was rejecting people they ended up with burns. She just waited too weak to do much more now two weeks had passed and as she took in a breath from the twilight sky her razor teeth showed and a sigh of sadness came from her closing her eyes a lullaby came from the scythe to try and sooth it’s master.

The young woman listened to the sadness that engulfed the lullaby of her scythe the twin silver blades that wept with unseen tears old bloodied bandages wrapped around its black handle there was nothing magnificent about this sight, the broken warrior and the weeping weapon. Her eyes were jaded, she never slept here it was not comfortable her neck burned from the chains. She listened to the entrancing melody of her scythe and soon began to sing, a sweet angelic voice coming from her dry throat but the song was sad and engulfed with a deep sorrow.

(The basic storyline is my character ends up getting sold but being so stubborn she refuses to do a thing despite her condition, This is set after a war between the humans, angels, demons and Utopians fresh after the war has ended to be more precise. The rest of the plot will depend on who the other character is and what they are which I would appreciate if you'd put in the first reply, thank you)
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-23, 6:13 pm

A dark figure calmly walked through the streets. A soul demon; feared for his merciless demeanor. Great prejudice barred his dwindling species from life in civilization. Tears of crimson dripped from his blade; his clothes stained with no blood of his own. A woman charged him with blade in hand. In the next instant her head rolled back, attached to her neck by nary an inch of skin. Light was stolen from her body as it fell to the earth limp. The carcass showed no further signs of life. It was simply a mound of flesh. The demon showed no signs of humanity or life. Were it not for the attention he had intentionally drawn, none would have seen him coming.

A similar fate awaited her comrades. The roads were covered in lifeless husks and pools of red, one after another. A man and child huddled by the side of the road preparing themselves for death. The dark assassin passed them by, cutting down only attackers. Cowards, bystanders and innocents concerned him not. It was a personal injustice that brought on this slaughter. Their own actions were to blame.

The assailants knew why the dark figure was there and were quite unhappy to lose 'stock'. All they saw of the man were his eyes, then sword, then... nothing. His eyes glowed red not with fury, but contempt at such a lurid display of arrogance. Slavery, bondage, torture... This depiction of mortal debauchery and trafficking ran a twinge of disappointment through the man's very being. Was there truly no hope for this world after all?

The man in black entered his destination. He silently dispatched the owners. The ugliness of their souls spoke volumes of their guilt. This was the last location. There was only one prisoner left. Just another night. No... He stopped, his eyes widened slightly. Something he could no longer fathom was happening.

Something came to him from the darkness. A song. It was... captivating. He followed to its origin, keeping his self subdued as to prevent startling the composer. A girl sat in a dank cell, bound by chains but still alive in spirit. Music flowed from within the jail, possibly from her weapon? She sang in tune. A deep sadness filled her tone and the melody in turn. The man's heart jumped. He was completely enthralled by the harmony.

The figure stood and listened. The song truly moved him. He had seen so much in his time on their planet and once thought himself desensitized to any sort of feeling or emotion. He had devoured many a soul, corrupted by sin. This sound was sublime. Regardless of its nature the raw and powerful feelings expressed trapped him in his position. He didn't move a muscle, wishing for the medley an eternal life.

After a few minutes, he came to his senses. His eyes returned to their listless state. This woman should not be in chains. This voice was to be bound by no one. He stepped silently forward. As swiftly as his blade was drawn, it was sheathed again. The chains around the woman fell to the floor in metallic shreds. The man allowed his presence to be known; his soul showed an incredible resonance and vast darkness plagued by an apathetic sadness. Such a soul was to be expected of his kind. The song ignited a small spark of something within him that could almost be described as elation. Not for its subject matter, but for its intensity. He turned to leave, positive that his presence was a burden.

"That was beautiful... Thank you." A terse dismissal came from the demon's lips. He exited the building and looked up. The twilight overcast had descended to darkness, stars lined the cold night sky. He started walking through the 'empty' streets, drenched in blood but devoid of life. It all looked the same. Just another night...
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-24, 3:33 pm

Raising her gaze she stopped her song her eyes looking straight at him as though she knew very well he was there. She heard the clatter of her chains but her gaze did not move even when he let himself be known. The scythe stopped its melody calling to the young woman, who gradually got to her feet, she was beaten and bruised but that wasn’t something she’d let stop her, with her back turned she looked to him over her shoulder as he spoke but did not shed a word from her lips. That fierce fire remained in her eyes even after so long, looking closely when her back was turned very small almost invisible threads stitched up the wounds on her back, they did not let her for reasons unknown.

She walked out soon after he had smelling death all around her, she did not midn the smell so much any longer. Her eyes saddened a little making her way towards the dead she kneeled down her hand taking out a light it was pale and dying quickly but she was hungry and she would die if she did not eat. Tearing the flesh of it quickly with her teeth, hungrily, eagerly she licked her lips and jerked suddenly something deep within her filled her sadness even more “Where are they?” she whispered unable to feel any presence of others of her race.

She shook her head before she found him and stood in front of him “Perhaps this’ll be a tune more suiting for you” she said, the sweet voice leaving her lips once more, the song was not sad but held that angelic like quality just like the last one “Thank you… Graves” she said having picked up his name by reading his soul. She picked up her Scythe which she had leaned against an old house. She had to go find the others. But unbeknownst to her they were all dead nad her home burned in the month she’d been locked up.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-24, 11:30 pm

Graves felt the familiar forced extinguishing of a soul behind him. He continued his pace without alarm, certain she was not a soul demon. When she appeared before him, he stopped to listen to her song. Hers was a step beyond a simple melody. The expression in her voice spoke to him in a way he had not heard in centuries. Were they in a different setting and time, he would have mistaken her for a siren. His eyes softened ever so slightly, but snapped back to their dull luster when she stopped. He blinked, startled by her knowledge of his 'name.' She could see into him. His interest began to peak.

After a quick surveillance of her physical appearance and her soul, Grave determined the woman's race without difficulty. As she retrieved her scythe, he again broke his silence. "Utopian... I suggest you seek haven quickly. Where are you from?" His address of her carried no contempt, Grave simply didn't know her name. He had seen few Utopians before the war, even less afterward. There were none in the area, which could trouble her search. However, the knowledge gained through his endless travels would likely be of use to her.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-25, 5:15 am

“I come from the one city all Utopians come from, we were a small race, but you already know that. I come from Utopia” she said resting her scythe neatly on her back. She had a few days until her wings would grow back properly and be strong enough to fly, so she planned on just to walk for now. To her how he acted was no surprised¸ it sparked her curiosity yes, but that was more of the fact she had not seen a soul demon before. “Deadly which way?” she asked her scythe a small vibration made her begin to head south, she had a rough idea of where she was but was far too used to traveling through the skies, not on foot.

She listened around her, awfully alert of everything that happened around her. She had taken a few souls with her giving them to her scythe to store them just to be safe. That curiosulty was sparking inside her as she found questions wondering what he was doing here. She headed towards some water, her throat was dry and she was parched, finding a lake she cupped water in her hands gulping down any water that met her lips in an instant.

They usually travelled in groups, but her nature was very different from them, she prefered to be alone for several reasons now only more melted into her past, it was one she did not speak of much if at all. Her scythe balanced its self on the bottom blade and spoke " Seclusion, I searched, I cannot find anyone, not a single other is in this area"
"I should get moving then, they might all be gathering back at the city as we speak" she said swiftly picked the scythe up she melted herself into the shadows walking in them instead of the daylight.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-26, 12:08 am

Grave watched the woman leave. His next destination was southbound, but he too preferred solo travel. There were few cities left to visit. The area had been plagued with slave trafficking. He felt he was nearly finished with their liberation. He knew the region's layout by memory; only the newest colonies escaped his knowledge. Grave took one last look at the city behind him, confident this excursion was nearing its completion.

With a burst of force, Grave leaped high into the air. His cloak unfurled into black wings, the feathers tipped in red. He dashed forward into a glide with another burst. The preceding events, sounds and Utopian woman etched into his mind. Nothing happens by chance. He thought, a philosophy built from experience. Onward, he flew into the night toward the next city.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-26, 5:59 am

The next big city would have been hers, she had found short cuts there and got there by the middle of the night. She stopped in her tracks and closed her eyes with a light sigh. “So what they said was true, how upsetting” she muttered and walked through the remains of the city. She saw no bodies but could tell they were dead, that connection she had with them was telling her not to bother even looking. She looked to the old well and sighed “Nothing, there is nothing here anymore” she whispered listening for anything that might signify life. Not a sound.

She picked one of the Calla lilies its pure white petals of innocence swirled round into the darkness, but this was the flower of death, not of innocence. She sang softly sitting on her scythe for those that were lost and the now dead city. She stopped and her scythe spoke “You’re making a habit of singing”
“It’s all I can do now, wish them a safe journey” she whispered.

Twilring the flower in her hands she raised her head ot the ngiht sky. "My old freind, where should I head now, no one else is here to tell me" she jumped off her scythe and picked it up laying ti neatly on her back, sheneeded to sleep, to rest properly for the next day since sleep was something she ahd not done in quite some time now.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-26, 7:31 am

Grave flew above his intended destination and reverted his wings. His cloak fluttered wildly during his free fall; a gust of force cushioned his landing. Taking in the scenery, it was not mystery as to what had occurred. The city had been razed thoroughly. There were no bodies; either the people were completely eradicated or were taken captive. If the latter held true, he could at least save them. He could only feel one soul in the vicinity. A familiar one at that.

He glanced her way. Even without seeing her expression, he could easily read the situation. "I apologize for this glimpse into perdition. War is a detestable thing. It never seems to truly end." Grave offered some words of comfort though he was sure they would do little good. He'd been down this road before; at a time when he was much less efficient in controlling his anger. He assumed her to be tougher than him in that regard. She was also more resilient than he'd predicted. She beat him to the next city in her current state.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-26, 8:18 am

Her gaze swiftly turned towards where he was, hissing a little in warning. Not completely concentrating on who he was until she heard him speak “Does not matter, I have seen worse in my time” she said laughing a little “and don’t bother looking for the people, I know their dead, I sense it I can’t sense a single living soul we do not stay far from our city… or rather this nothing but the skeleton” she said tossing the Calla lily down the well but no sound was heard, just silence.
She noticed the odd building still intact, the palace was destroyed to rubble and ruins, the houses were shattered like glass the building that still stood looked like crumbling stone.

Heading towards one of the buildings, her old house she pulled up a trap door and licked her lips slipping down there and searched beneath just encase someone was there but no one.

Going to an old chamber she picked up her hidden blade checking it worked and placing one on both hands. She found herself some old robes as well, pulling them over the tattered clothing; she knew that angel and demons would come back here to check within the next few days. Climbing back out she noticed he was still there but did not speak a word until, “Graves why were you at the other city, you do not appear to be one within the army of demons, so speak soul demon” she said. She was still upset about everything around her but she did not have enough time to grieve at the moment after she rested she knew she would have to leave here.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-26, 8:48 am

Quite the bond... Grave thought to himself in reflection of her senses. She was positive her people were dead, so there was no reason to look. No change in plans; only a couple cities remained. When the woman disappeared, he strolled around the street. He mentally replaced the dilapidated scenery with their former states. His eyes remained constant, his expression unchanging. He was snapped back to reality upon her return and query.

"I had heard slave trade was a frequency of the area. I liberated them. By force, if necessary. And I won't side with an army to which I hold no allegiance." At the moment, it was the only purpose he could find. Were it not for that reason, their paths may never have crossed. "...May I ask your name?"
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-26, 8:58 am

She listened to his answer “Fair enough” she said and perched herself back on her scythe, it easily held her and her feet hung above the bottom blade. She lifted her head a little “Seclusion Ash Alma, or Ashes as some would call me” she said “I was a general in this war but it has ended by now.” she said nonchalantly. Her mind was trailing slightly as she thought carefully about what to do next after leaving the city, to most likely rot over time.

“You are very strange for a demon” she said, although she was rather different from others of her race. She let her head hang a little just thinking to herself once more “How far is the next city?” she asked “You appear to know a lot about the area” she spoke bluntly always getting to the point if she could in such times.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-26, 9:16 am

The woman's introduction convinced Grave; she was quite capable in her own right. He'd never thought himself strange, neither did he consider himself normal by any standards. Strange was likely a good depiction of his behavior.

"I credit my knowledge to traveler's experience." He replied, crossing his arms. "The next city is south-east. By foot it can be reached after daybreak, though I cannot foresee it's slave status." Watching her movements, he added, "You should rest somewhere safer. You appear fatigued." This was probably the longest conversation he had held in years. Graves brushed the thought away.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-26, 9:27 am

“A city is a city, either way I can hide myself there for some time with no troubles from them” her gaze lowered to her scythe “We can wait until you’re wings grow back”
“If we do that we’ll be found Deadly” she said and a chuckle escaped the scythe “hmm indeed”. Giving a sigh she looked to him “I know that I have to rest, but there is nowhere to rest here, there is also nowhere safe close enough if I think carefully even the hidden chambers are no longer safe.” She said moving from her scythe, she knew she had to rest and she wanted to but after thinking there was nowhere safe.

Her gaze lifted suddenly and whistled “They move quickly” she said looking to the angels that landed and one spoke to her but nothing sank in. “Go to hell, burn your wings and rot alive” she smirked her hand slipping to her scythe waiting for their attack. One lunged at her, ducking quickly her tripped them up and they slipped standing on their back she twirled her scythe cutting off its head with ease resting the bottom blade where the neck of the angel used to be it appeared to be drinking up the blood. “Leave now” she said, they were territorial creatures at times and this was one of them.

(feel free to play the angels as well…)
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-26, 9:53 am

Initially, Grave didn't move to engage the angels. Even as one dashed forward and slashed at him with a blade, he simply dodged. His movements came off as taunting to the foe, who jumped back and spat in anger, "Vile hell spawn! Perish!" The angel hoisted his free arm and began chanting an incantation. To this, Grave finally reacted.

In a blurred movement, Grave was behind the angel. The deity's arm had been severed, but he had no time to yell. His head was immediately sliced in two. Simultaneously, a shadowy claw launched from Grave's midsection to take another unsuspecting angel by the skull. He, too, had been attempting to cast holy magic. The sickening CRUNCH was muffled by the claw's grip. The headless body slumped to the ground. Every last one of Grave's senses entered battle mode, awaiting any sort of movement or casting. He calmly stood with his sword still drawn.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-26, 10:17 am

Seclusion was a little more concerned about one of them wondering off and snarled moving to the shadows she pinned them down ripping the throat out with the hellish teeth that had eaten many souls over the years. There was a gurgle and she simply lifted her head out spitting the throat out of her mouth and licking her lips before standing. Her eyes looked jaded more so of this worthless fight than of sleep. She found using a sharp crescent blade much easier for her easy to drag someone back if you wanted to. Dragging one angel back she ripped the wings out slicing the throat of the angel with her hidden blade after dropping her scythe.
There were not many of them and by the looks of it Grave had finished off the others “So stupid” she said annoyed kicking one of them. Her scythe had vanished but in its place was a ghost like she-wolf who was feeding off the corpses contently. Simply watching she sat on the well. “Pointless, useless and boring” she muttered to herself.
“You should be on your way Graves, there is nothing here but destruction and you have much to do, unless you have any further questions then I do not wish to drag any more people into this problem” she said simply.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-26, 6:37 pm

Stabbing the chest of one of the fallen angels, Grave extracted its soul. The soul demon silently concurred with Ashes' contempt for the battle. If not for the holy incantations he would have avoided the fight altogether. The soul was a plus, the victor's spoil.

The wolf's appearance surprised him. That scythe had a spirit of its own, capable of transformation. The few Utopians he had encountered in battle were strong, but this woman was clearly unique. A myriad of questions arose but the timing felt inappropriate. She would likely want to be alone after losing so much. That was his inclination when it would happen to him.

Grave swung his sword downward to splash the blood from the blade before sheathing it. He turned, flaring his cape before converting them into wings. Before leaving, he stated, "Be safe." Grave jumped into the air and swiftly flew off.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-27, 2:20 am

Seclusion simply gave a nod and vanished off into one of the buildings repeating his words to him “Be safe” She stayed in her old home, or rather what was left of it that night before she began heading on foot once more taking every route she remembered to the next city, she planned to stay there until her wings grew back. She had found a crystallised calla lily and kept it in an old back she had found to keep as a memoir of the once beautiful city.

The scythe once more lay on her back staying in the shadows during the day like she preferred. Getting to the city had not taken her long, she found somewhere old and abandoned and fixed up old scratches and wounds dressing them as best she could herself. She found and old bed, somewhere fairly comfortable to sleep and the other basics she needed still intact. Over the few days midnight blue, black tipped wings grew on her back. They were a calm form of her wings showing she was relaxed and not planning on getting into a fight, sleeping on her front during the day her wings fell over her like a second blanket in silence, just keeping the cold out.

The scythe rested against the wall watching easily alerting her to anything that entered to warn her, she kept that crystallised lily close to her as well just staring at it every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-27, 5:36 am

The next city was no exception to Grave's expectations. He had little trouble in locating and freeing the captives; very few deaths were necessary. By day, he left for the final city on his trek. There were no slaves to be found. Being the last of his destinations, there were no cities left for slave trade. The people had heard of a ruthless demon targeting slave owners and traders in the region. As it were, he had unintentionally built a reputation. Out of fear the slavers in the city had either freed their captives or put them to death.

The following day Grave sat in an abandoned home considering his next course. Outside, he overheard conversations of the city folk. There were sparse rumors telling of a small angelic faction in search of the demon responsible for the region's rash of midnight massacres. The group was said to be abusively callous; they brandished their power to coerce and used civilians as servants for their convenience. Apparently, they had just missed Grave's last encounter. After short contemplation, Grave set out to return to the previous city.

After a few days the city in which Ashes rested was awash with anticipation. A large group angels had journeyed into town, but were unlike the rumors Grave overheard. Their assistance was enlisted by the slavers of the final city. They warned the people not to meddle lest they seek fatal retribution. The angels had awaited this chance and spread a false report to antagonize their mystery murderer. The people of the city buzzed about their plan for ambush and deserted the streets at night.

That night, Grave descended into the city by flight. He immediately flew up a short distance, sensing an insignia below him. A circle of white flashed below him. The ensnarement failed, but the angels were already upon Grave's position. By air and land the surrounded him. Graves drew his sword and stood defensively. He berated himself for falling into such an unsophisticated trap.

One angel stepped forward and spoke. "Yield, demon. Your crimes are now at an end. Accept your judgment." Grave ignored the adversary, counting his foes in the area. Twenty in all. The angel took his silence as a defiant one. He raised his hand and started to cast a spell. "Very well. You shall-" His sentence was cut short by the blood that filled his lungs. After two stabs he could not see, a third slash separated his torso from his legs. Grave stood with his back figuratively to the wall. Nineteen...
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-27, 12:03 pm

Seclusion flickered her wings a little, over the days she heard plenty of rumours but she was still hungry, unable to eat the solid food she spent her night trying to find the dead or some angels, they always tasted so very sweet. That night she heard a load of noise and instinctively she headed towards it keeping in shadows and also her soul hidden as best she could, spotting a cluster of angels she licked her lips, like a hungry wolf spotting a herd of deer she was quick to act.

To her this was nothing more but a hunt easily knowing where to strike them, picking every weak spot quickly. She much preferred her more primitive way of attacking if the distance was too small for her scythe or her hidden blade, either did just the same job although one was a little more dangerous than the other. Lunged at two of them she tore the throat out of one and the hidden blade dug into the other ones neck, spitting out the flesh form the throat her attention turned to the others who seemed shocked about her appearance. They thought she was dead by the looks of their expressions. She never took her time she never had the luxury of taking her time, not in her lifetime anyway.
She was certainly trained for battle that was one thing but she did not take her time. Still hiding herself she stayed elusive, always careful.

She read through one or two; she gave a light chuckle picking up why they were here. “Seems I unintentionally brought down some foes, although I am hungry…” raising her gaze upwards she spotted a familiar soul giving a light sigh deciding whether to help him or not, she had already but decided against it unless things got too serious.
She licked her lips tearing at the soul in her hand the so called innocent light was tinted with sin in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-28, 4:50 am

Grave witnessed a commotion spread among a few of the angels in his view. Once again, he felt Ashes' soul nearby. Most of the other angels noticed a few of their own go down, but could not discern the attacker's whereabouts. Grave used the confusion to his advantage. He darted from his position and cleaved through another enemy. Using this momentum, he leaped onto the back of an airborne angel and brought him spiraling down to the ground. As they fell he stood on the angel's head, crushing it upon their landing. The group of angels started to shift their focus back to Grave when...

Never Surrender Israfil_Stock_001

"Stop." A voice and presence known to Grave arose. "They'll only kill you one by one." The angel sat atop a building. He had appeared in a small flash of light. The angel lifted his hand and pointed to Ashes' general vicinity. A harmless light bathed a radius around her, illuminating the area. "She's there, but focus the demon; he is our target." The stranger calmly directed the group who began to reluctantly comply. Three angels split off from the group to attack the female, despite orders.

In another flash, the angel disappeared from the rooftop and clashed swords with Grave. Their eyes locked; the angel held a cold, loathsome glare into Grave's emotionless eyes. The angel carried two rapiers and nearly equaled Grave in speed. The two traded blows viciously while the surrounding enemies fired small spells at the soul demon. The head angel's assault kept Grave immobile to dodge; when faced with the dilemma of being hit by weak magics or cut by one of those rapiers, he chose the spells.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-28, 12:17 pm

Growling a little from the light she shielded her eyes from it and spoke under her breath putting it out. After taking care of those three she laughed “Pitiful angel need to get others for back up how weak are you, you cannot be an arc angel” she said those eyes of hers gleaming deep into the angels soul as she licked her lips. One of the angels turned aiming a spell at her she took it but did not care much for it, knowing the damage she could take.

She soon began working on the angels casting spells distracting them a little at least since she did owe Grave a favour after he got her from that prison a few days back. Licking her lips she taunted them or rather insulted them in which got them to direct their attention to her, swiftly moving in the darkness once more after extinguishing the light she chuckled and took out two from behind with her hidden blade and smirked. “you angels should not work at night, such a poor sense of smell and sight” she said and laughing she vanished once more. It took her a little while but soon she was content and sitting on her scythe watching the angel and soul demon fighting picking out every move they used with ease she kept silent as did the bodies on the ground around her, no movement was seen either form them.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-28, 2:57 pm

The clashing rivals fiercely fought on for a few minutes before the fight abruptly ended. Though the angel was skilled in form, the gap between their ability became more apparent with each slain angel. Grave forced an opening and cut through him. The slash dealt no physical damage but passed through the angel, forcing him back and to one knee. Grave had directly damaged his energy making the fight one-sided. The angel cursed him, his rapiers disappeared in small bursts of light. Grave sheathed his sword.

"After all this time, you still do not kill me... You demon shit!" The angel fumed, hatred dripping from his words. Grave stared at him without a word. The scene read backwards compared to the situation. The angel seemed unscathed yet he had clearly lost. The soul demon with the upper hand was covered in bruises and burns from the abounding offensive spells. The angel laboriously stood.

"Make no mistake, demon. I will find the power to destroy you. And when I do, I'll enjoy every second of tearing your cursed soul apart." The angel threatened with every ounce of his being. His soul was weakly guarded at this point. The name 'Israfil' could be read. Israfil looked directly at Ashes in the background, burning her image into his mind. A bit of calm returned to him. "Damn you both..." He cursed one more time before disappearing in a flash. He was gone.

Grave collected the souls of the few angels he had killed, his skin already beginning to heal. Dark spikes emerged from his body to impale the deceased and extract their light. "Thank you." He said to Ashes while he regained some of his strength. The spells had done greater damage given his being. He would need to rest soon. "You appear well." Grave observed, taking note of her unique wings.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-28, 4:29 pm

Watching she jumped down when it had ended listening and reading the name repeating it “Israfil” she spoke looking to the angel with hatred in her eyes mostly because they had participated in killing of her race, anyone would be unhappy about that. “I owe you one from a few days ago, unlike what people say we are not such a violent race, we are just skilled anyway I was getting hungry again” she said simply having already eaten her fill from the angel her and Deadly had killed.

“You need rest, even I can see that and thank you” she said the wings returning to their calm state of midnight blue and tipped with black before rustling her hair and picking Deadly up “I know somewhere you can rest for a bit, care to follow?” she said to him and walked back to the old hosue she had rested in the past few days and showed him where he could rest before she found somewhere else to settle mostly to keep watch.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-28, 7:25 pm

He thought about the offer, but ultimately followed her. He had no reason to distrust the situation and needed the rest. Grave sat in his designated area with his sword to his side. With virtually no discomfort, he drifted into a meditative sleep. His guard was lower, but his reflexes were on standby and senses still felt about the house.

He dreamed of his fledgling days; constant travel and training by his father's side. Life was simpler, had order and survival seemed a simple concept. His mind raced forward to his time alone. Learning the ways of the world struck the final blow to his innocence. It was a lesson he was to experience in solitude, firsthand. This he was sure of. Had he not learned, he couldn't have survived his father's final trial. A hellish nightmare overtook Grave's dream, shifting to the excruciatingly vivid memory of their fight. His dream and memory faded to darkness at the reflection of his demented father slowly tearing the soul demon's arm clean off.

As he slept, Grave's soul shifted both in hue and intensity, without growing in presence. His soul flickered about like a dancing flame, changing color and magnitude with each dream phase. It portrayed no memories; these were the most heavily guarded and hidden away from view. An excited dark reddish gleam permeated his being while thinking of his childhood. Uncertainty and grey overtook the slowing flame in the dream's midsection. The last phase shrank the flame's size while amplifying turmoil to a ferocious torrent. it's A dull blue glimmer masked its previous states. Slowly, the blue flame was engulfed by darkness. The black nothingness that typically composed Grave's soul returned; the flame was slow and eerily calm.

By morning's light, Grave slowly opened his eyes. His strength had returned and his body healed using the previous night's bounty. He sat listening to the clamor outside. A subtle panic had overtaken the streets after the discovery of the angelic corpses. The people feared for their lives, anticipating comeuppance for their compliance. Grave had no intention of fulfilling their fears. Only the angels had seen his face and knew he was the demon they feared.

He looked to Ashes, then her scythe. It was foreign, but he could feel something emanating from it. There was definitely some sort of presence. Curiosity got the better of him. "Your weapon is unlike anything I have encountered before. If I may ask, what is she really?" Thinking back to its female wolf form, he assumed it female.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty2012-02-29, 2:19 am

Seclusion had drifted off as well, her body hidden deep within the feathered wings she had her scythe lay against the wall in silence, nothing emitted from it this time. Awakening she heard his question “Deadly, is a souled weapon, she was made using a white female hound hell soul, but not by my kind, she used to be Death’s scythe.” She said still half asleep. She could hear and sense the panic outside but thought nothing of it. Rustling her hair she stood up stretching out her wings and arms a little stiff from where she had been sleep and nudged the scythe “You up?”

“Of course I’m up, I don’t sleep as much as you Seclusion” answered the scythe in a softer tone than before. She searched her bag pulling out some stored souls and eating one herself tearing at the flesh of the flame to get to the core were all the nutrients were, something she needed. “Hungry?” she asked him turning to look over her shoulder after folding her wings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Never Surrender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Surrender   Never Surrender Empty

Back to top Go down

Never Surrender
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Off Worlds :: Elsewhere-
Jump to: