The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-27, 7:03 pm

She listened in silence to what he had to say noticing the darkening expression on his face easily. “That does make sense though, Al Mualim was a leader we all trusted, even you. So it is understandable some would hold such hatred, for none of us will know whether the same thing will happen to you” she said bluntly “and I do not think that Abbas would do such a thing … at least not yet” she said.

She listened once more and nodded “I see, what actions do you wish to be taken” she said simply, she had a feeling she was going to end up travelling once more.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-27, 7:14 pm

"I agree, I do not think Abbas is involved. Despite his hatred for me, he has always put that aside for the good of the Order. He may one day try to get rid of me, but not by bringing outsider's within our walls and endangering the Order. I believe Swami is the only traitor within our walls." He seemed troubled, and for good reason. "...Keita, what is your rank here, within the Order? I recall that you were never very far behind me. I would assume you were a fully realized Assassin, but not of the rank of Master, am I correct?"
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-27, 7:20 pm

“Let’s see, I was never that far behind you but you’re right I never gained the rank of master” she said simply crossing her arms over her chest. “and at least Abbas holds some honour if any” she leaned back against the wall behind her waiting for what he had to say next, she guessed that the competitive streak in her had faded a little after being far away for two years. “Why do you ask for my rank though?” she questioned, she was more concerned about Swami, if he managed to pass on imformation to a templar then that could lead to disaster and had a feeling that he would end up betraying both side like Al Maulim.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-27, 7:29 pm

Altair crossed his arms as Keita did, looking up. "Hm... I am going to call Swami to my study, and confront him with what you have discovered. He was always headstrong. If it is true, and he truly is behind this plan, then he will try and attack me. When he does, Keita, I want you to be the one to strike him down. You gathered the information, he is your target. The Creed... Stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent; Hide in plain sight , be one with the crowd; Never compromise the Brotherhood. If Swami is behind this plan, his actions would lead to the death's of member's of our Order. That cannot be forgiven." He nodded slightly.

"I will send for him. Keita, go to my study, and position yourself for what you may have to do. Use the time to prepare yourself, if it is difficult for you to kill a former ally. I hope Swami is innocent of this, but I doubt it."
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-27, 7:38 pm

Listening, her eyes closed briefly her head falling slightly before she opened her eyes once more and looked to him “You are right; it is hard to kill someone we have called an ally for so long. However, is it not better to spill one person’s blood, the blood of the guilty to spare the blood of the innocent” she said simply.
Heading to the study she was careful not to disturb anything while there, she even left the Apple of Eden in its place. She positioned herself easily so she would have a perfect view in plain sight but hidden none the less. Plus he probably wouldn’t even remember her, or it would at least take a while to sink in.

She prepared herself checking her hidden blade, she thought through everything carefully as well visualising the possible angles, positions of them both and the best points for her to be for each one of them.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-27, 7:53 pm

After several minutes, Altair arrived, and stood behind his desk, looking out the large window into the gardens, that Al Mualim had once called 'Paradise'. He gave no indication of knowing Keita was there, simply waited. When Swami arrived, it was in his usual manner. He moved and acted as if he was above everyone else. His arrogance surpassed even Altair's, prior to his 'fall'. It was amusing, considering Swami was one of the worst of their Order, so had no reason to be so arrogant. "You called for me, 'Master'?" Swami made no attempt at being respectful, making his disdain for Altair perfectly clear.

"...Yes, Swami." He turned, and moved back to his desk, placing his hands on it as he watched Swami. "Do you know a wealthy man in Damascus, by the name of Arsuf?" Considering how weak-minded Swami had been in the past, Altair had expected a reaction. He was not disappointed. Swami's eyes widened, and then narrowed angrily.

"What kind of question is that? I have never heard of such a man." However, he'd begun to act nervous, and Altair, noticing, sighed softly, bowing his head.

"...I know, Swami. I know that you have been in contact with Arsuf, and that you are helping with a plan to sneak outsider's into our walls." At this, Swami took a step back, shocked.

"Wh-what? How... how dare you... you have no proof!" Altair straightened, and shook his head.

"You are wrong. The man you were to meet at the stables, he has been questioned and dealt with. You have been exposed. I could understand if you went after me alone, but your actions would have compromised the Brotherhood. That cannot be forgiven." It went against his instincts, but he turned his back to Swami, giving him a chance to seal his own fate. He found he trusted Keita to do what was necessary. "You know what this means, Swami."

Predictably, with Altair's back turned to him, Swami readied his Hidden Blade. "Yes, I know exactly what it means, Altair!"
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-27, 8:04 pm

Keita watched a listened closely but always kept herself hidden, she had found the perfect spot, she noticed he still held his usual arrogance and he certainly beat Altair in that class, one thing she did remember about him.

When she saw Altair about to turn his back she started to move in silence, she found her way swiftly to where the perfect position was appearing behind him but again no sound was made by her. Just before he attacked she took her strike and covered his mouth with her hand going to kneel as she let his body fall, holding on gently lowering the dying man to the ground and listened to what he had to say. “Tell me one thing, Swami… Why?” she asked simply “Why plan such a thing? There must be more to this that people truly see, so answer me”
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-27, 8:12 pm

Swami grimaced, unable to believe he had been brought down like this. "Why? You stupid woman... he murdered Al Mualim so he could take his place... the Mentor of our Order should be the best of us... it should be Abbas, not the liar, Altair... with Altair gone, Abbas could take his rightful place... Abbas deserves the Apple, not Altair..."

During this, Altair closed his eyes, shaking his head. He'd learned much after his 'fall'. He looked back on how he used to be with shame. Hearing things like this from Swami, it made him wonder if that was how he sounded to others, in the past.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-28, 6:09 am

Ignoring the insults she spoke “Do you even know the reason why Al Mualim was murdered, do you even know the full story?” she asked simply, she could tell what answer she’d get from him. “Abbas, the best, how so, but think about what you are saying the Apple is dangerous, even I know that, if I were you, I’d rather not even go near it.” She said and listened to anything more he had to say before she closed his eyes and let him rest.
She stood up and brushed herself off in silence she closed her eyes speaking soft words under her breath.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-28, 6:45 am

Altair remained silent for many more moments, then sighed softly. "I am sorry, Keita, that you had need to do that. However, doing so has removed a threat to the safety of the Brotherhood. Be proud of that, at least." He then moved over to a case, and opened it. "Come here, Keita. I have something to give you. After, I wish to explain things."
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-28, 6:52 am

“Better that one person’s blood is spilt than many” she said bluntly back. She’d move the body when she left, better to keep things quiet for the time being. Walking forward she looked to him her arms crossed over her chest waiting in silence “Well then what is it?” she asked, she was curious if anything.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-28, 6:58 am

From the case, Altair retrieved a belt of five throwing knives, setting them aside, as well a golden-hilted Syrian blade, exactly like his own, holding them out to her. "You are not required to use them, of course, but do take them. Considering your actions abroad over the past two years, and since returning, I feel you are deserving of the rank of Master. Possibly should have been given the rank sooner, but that was out of my hands."
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-28, 7:02 am

She watched and looked to the throwing knives and Syrian blade as they were held out to her, taking them from his hand she pulled the sheath off some of the sword to look at it, lifting her head she gave a light smile “I thank you Altair” she said simply she still kept her old blade, most likely use it as a practice one and positioned the throwing knives in an easy position for herself stretching a little to get used to the feel of them
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-28, 7:10 am

Altair nodded, then pulled something else from the case. It was a Hidden Blade, but it looked slightly different than usual. "This is a... redesigned Hidden Blade. I have only made two, as of yet, and this is the second. I am wearing the first. It will take a bit of time to get used to it, but I think you will like it. There is a metal plate on the back of the blade. You can use it, if need be, in open combat, even to block. You will also find that with the design, it will not require the removal of a finger any longer. Removal of a finger... it is a false promise. We must adapt, and it makes us too easy to identify. Branding of the finger is all that need be done."
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-28, 7:25 am

“I see, plus I’d rather not lose any fingers” she said, looking at the hidden blade, she listened to all he had to say, she decided it would be best to place on her left hand, her old hidden blade was precious to her because it was her families, however, the odd thing was this one didn’t require the loss of a finger either, as though it had been adapted, or rather that part of it had been ripped off, badly and it made the hidden blade harder to wield accurately as well as annoying, which reminded her that she needed to get her armour repaired soon.
“That is true, the easier it is to identify us, the harder it is to complete the tasks we are set, they’ll know what to look for” she however, never really did have that problem.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-28, 7:35 am

Altair was pleased that at least one person was not against the change of the tradition. "I must tell you, I have been working on many things. And I have peered into the Apple. Before you comment, it is safe if done for brief periods, with a focused mind. For me, at least, and likely others of a strong mind and will. Some were not controlled by Al Mualim's illusions at the end, like myself. It was they who helped me reach Al Mualim." He turned to her fully, watching her. "I will be changing more than just this though. It may seem strange, but one thing I will change, is the Order's approach toward emotional attachments."

"Al Mualim believed that love would make us weaker. I feel that love will make it easier for us to make sacrifices for the right cause. Members of the Order will no longer be required to distance themselves from their children, for example." There was a long pause, then he sighed heavily. "Despite my words about the Apple, I am not foolish enough to not take precautions. I have told my good friend Malik this, and now I will tell you. If I begin to travel down the wrong path, and the Apple begins to corrupt me, then stop me in whatever way necessary."
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-28, 7:46 am

Kieta would simply listen to things she was told, this way she knew would help her understand others and they’re way of thinking and also to answer many questions that would plague other, simply by listening you could learn, one thing she had learnt after being abroad for so long. “That is interesting, and no matter what you say I still think that thing is dangerous” she said simply sticking to her opinion of that thing.

She listened but did not comment on what he said about such thing, she had no family to return to so it would not affect her at all, her thoughts wondered briefly as usual before speaking “Do you not think I would take such action regardless of whether I was told or not? Does it not make sense to such a thing if someone becomes engulfed by such power” she leaned back on what was behind her.

"Now then, I am still concerned about who they took their orders from, it is worrying to say the least and he will msot likely strike again, one thing I have learnt is people are determinded, they don't give up so easily when forming such a plan."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-28, 7:58 am

"Of course not." Altair moved back to his desk, writing out a quick message. "That is why you will be going to Damascus to deal with Arsuf. However, I will be coming with you. Malik will take over for me while we are gone, as he is one of the few I can trust completely. Go, get ready to travel. I will meet you at the gates."
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-29, 5:28 pm

She just nodded and prepared herself to travel, she saddled up her horse once more and stroked his neck checking she had medicine, throwing knives and also found a blacksmith to repair her armour, as well as getting a bit of food as well before she swiftly headed back to the gates checking the tack on her horse once more. She waited for him taking off her right handed blade and looked to her five fingers, comparing the two blades she had, she didn’t like anyone touching it but herself so never gave it to the blacksmith but had repaired it a little, She never paid attention to how hers had been adjusted, it was different a piece of thin metal, made her ring finger straight out just before the blade would hit the target, so she needed better timing with it, she examined it in her usual childish curious way. She looked up briefly and closed her eyes for a minute or so. "Just when I thought I'd stay home for a bit..." he voice trailed before stroking her horse that simply nickered to her and she played with the mane.

She her old hidden blade back on and looked up “Why are you coming anyway?” she asked him when he did arrive; she was a little annoyed though. He always annoyed her since she never could catch up to him, when he became Mentor of the Order she became a master assassin, it greatly annoyed her that she couldn't catch up, not as much as two years ago, but it still annoyed her to a certain extent. However, she had noticed one thing his arrogance seemed to have either gone or become a lost less, it also seemed as though he now knew how to use all that knowledge of his as well.

(edited so much, thought of a lot more to say)
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-29, 6:36 pm

Altair paused in saddling his own horse when Keita asked her question. "Hm. Well, I never liked how Al Mualim never went out to oversee things. Not that he needed to watch for mistakes, just... well, he was always perfectly safe, here at the fortress. I feel a leader must be willing to fight alongside those they lead. If you recall, the year before you left, when the traitor Haras allowed Templar into the fortress, and we had to retake the fortress after Al Mualim was captured?" He certainly remembered it. He'd led the retaking of Masyaf upon returning from a mission, after Abbas had given up and tried to retreat.

"I didn't think much of it at the time, but Al Mualim did not fight back. He was more skilled than me, so why was I able to retake Masyaf when he could not? It makes no sense to me. Thinking about his words to me after, I realized that he'd known that the others and myself would do what we did, and retake Masyaf. So he didn't bother to fight. I don't feel that that is right."
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-29, 6:47 pm

She thought back and recalled it easily “How can I forget such a thing, doesn’t happen every day, so of course I remember such a day, you took the lead in taking back Masyaf” she said climbing onto her horse and checking her reins. “That is indeed true though, I never saw him walk from that place, like a bird that was safe and comfortable in its cage he did not want to leave. Most likely because he felt as though why bother when he can get others to do the dirty work. Another thing, the Apple of Eden was not the first time he lied either.” She said pausing thinking back a little. She nodded a little, “I had a lot of time to think abroad and I noticed something, he always speaks in riddles, also he lied to me about my family…which is why I am not opposed to change anymore. Might work out for the better if you think about it, Also wouldn't an emotion such as love make a person stronger? they'd have something to protect so that instinct would be awakened” she said

Her horse began going at a steady trot and then she stopped waiting for him before she recalled the way to her destination quickly, she barely saw any guards on the paths anymore, something she needed to get used to “Also you might prove to be a better leader than he ever could be, one day possibly, unless I beat you to it” she smirked playing around a little now and her horse gave a playful buck beneath her.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-29, 7:02 pm

Altair rode up beside her, giving her an odd look. "Hm, perhaps you will beat me to that. I can't know for sure." He looked down the road, then nodded. "However, I do know you won't beat me to Damascus." He snapped the reins, and took off down the road. Traveling back and forth between Masyaf and the other cities during the period of his redemption had trained him to get to places quickly, taking any shortcut that could be found. He knew these roads like the back of his hand. Besides that, a little good-natured competition was hardly a bad thing. At least, it wasn't anymore, now that he had learned humility.
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-30, 2:25 am

“Only time can tell” she said simply raising her head to the sky with curiosity. Turning her head she looked to him as he snapped the reins “hey!” she said and snapped hers galloping after him to catch up at least. She soon found herself alongside him once more and she could see the city, Damascus, in sight as well, not speaking she galloped on ahead she knew the way know, following actually most of the way since she had forgotten parts of the way. She enjoyed just playing around sometimes and this was one of those times, stopping as she reached near the gate she let her horse slow to a walk and patted his neck.

Finding the stables there she jumped off and made sure he didn't run off before she went inside the gates looking to the place she had not been in for so long. She walked through the streets finding her way to the Bearu there, as per usual by now. She had a knack for finding them after tryign to find so many without a clue where to start, you get an idea of the general location of each on easily.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-30, 2:35 am

Altair arrived at the same time she did, but hung back, pulling his hood down a bit more, obscuring his face even more. "You take the lead here. This is your target, I'm just here to help. An adviser, of sorts. Tell me what you want to do, your plans, etc., but don't expect me to give orders unless I feel it's necessary. We are partners here right now."
Back to top Go down
Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty2012-01-30, 12:15 pm

She listened but did not speak a word and found the bureau going through usual plans at first. She jumped down and walked through “Rafiq, it is nice to see you again” she said and he turned looking to her “How have you both been, Altair, Keita?” he asked “How have I always been?” she crossed her arms over her chest and smiled under the shadows of her hood. “How have you been, it has been some time”
“Point taken and I have been faring well” he laughed and then before she spoke he cut her off “I take it you’re going to ask where you should start?”
“On information on Arsuf, Naturally” she said bowing her head a little before listening “Try near the gardens and the market, they never cease to be popular of chattering civilians” he said and she nodded thinking carefully about which direction to head swiftly before climbing back from the bureau to start on her way to finding information, she needed to find, when, where and who else would be there partly because if there were guards she would have to be careful. She then snapped out of her strange trance “Maybe we should split up, cover more ground and gather the information quickly, people do not stay in one spot for a long time, Market place or the gardens, you’re pick” she said simply, still getting used to working with another, it was something she was by no means familiar with and another thing she felt she might have to get used to.

(Sorry,I think I went a little too far after getting carried away...lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.   Nothing is true, everything is permitted. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: Elsewhere-
Jump to: