The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stand In The Rain

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 1:06 pm

Max Took the picture and looked at it. He nodded and tapped a few keys on his laptop. "So what was already tried by the other detectives?" He asked. "This way I know what not to do and that'll speed up my process of elimination." He said.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 1:22 pm

At this, Yuyuko... shrugged. "I don't really know. I know they tried several things, because they've all picked up leads before, but they turned out to lead nowhere. Other than that, I don't really know. They never really say much. I'm aware they are probably taking advantage of me, I'm not stupid, but I can't afford the legitimate ones anymore, and at least they are looking, which is more than I can say for others."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 1:37 pm

Again Max nodded. He pointed to a wall. On it were his old commendations and news reports of when he was a cop. Along with his old badge. "Well, I'm not just some hack that wanted the life of a privet eye. I used to be a cop in Chicago." He typed in some other notes. "I guess the first thing I'm gonna have to do is question those guys." He said and scratched his head.

"There are many reason's why leads go dead. The two most that come to mind especially when multiple dicks have come on some leads is that it was either planted there by someone just to dead end. Or they got too close to something and were either warned off or thought it safer to take the easy way out." He typed some more and jotted some things down on a note pad.

"I'll start tomorrow after I finish up my current case." He slid a pen and paper over to her "Is there a number I can reach you?" He asked and reached into a desk. "If you want I can respect your privacy and you can use this." He pulled out a track phone and slid it to her along with a business card.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 1:44 pm

Yuyuko didn't even bother with the track phone, instead immediately writing down not only her cell number, but the number and address of her apartment. "If you find out anything at all, please, don't hesitate to call or even come to me in person. I don't care what you do or how you do it. All that matters to me is that you find my daughter. I know someone took her... and I also know there is a possibility she might not be alive... but I'd prefer to believe she's out there alive somewhere... but if not... it's better to know, than to always wonder."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 2:03 pm

Max took the pad and ripped off the paper. He tucked it in his shirt pocket. He would put it in her file in a moment. "I understand about closure. Believe me." He held up and hand and motioned for her to relax. "Now I'm not promising anything only that i'll look into it." He walked over and pulled out a new file. He labeled it with her last name first and a case number.

He walked over and set the file on the desk. He put a tab on it that said "Open case" He looked to, Yuyuko. "You'll get a copy of everything that goes into this folder that you don't already have." He looked over to the coffee and then back to her. "Help yourself." He said and looked back at his computer. He began putting the finishing touches on his report. "There's also donuts on the fridge." He paused and got up.

Walking over to where the coffee pot was he pulled a file drawer open. It was a hidden panel that housed a small kitchenette. "Can't be too careful. I gotta lot of expensive stuff in here." He walked back and started typing again. It didn't take him long to finish.

He leaned back in his chair. "Now this may be a little hard to do, but I would like you to think back to that day and tell me everything that happened that day up to the point she disappeared." He asked. "Any detail could help." He pulled out a cigarette and lit it.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 2:14 pm

Yuyuko tensed slightly, but nodded. "Well... I woke up around seven and made some coffee, and started on breakfast... then I woke Miki up and we all ate. She went to school, Rinnosuke went to work, and I went of to nursing classes. When school ended, Miki went home. I know because I called. She was working on her homework, and complaining about us not having a dog for her to play with... I... I got home an hour later, and she was just... gone. Her homework was half-done on the table, the television was on her favorite channel, I... there was nothing odd about it at all... the doors and windows were locked when I got home, and Miki didn't have a key to lock them back if she left. There was nothing broken or out of place... it's as if she just disappeared..."

Yuyuko was trembling, unable to hold back tears. SHe never could, when she thought about that day.

Last edited by Aviaris_Sevanthis on 2011-11-29, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 2:23 pm

Max stood and grabbed a box of tissues. It was one of the things that really got to him. Seeing women cry. He waited a but before continuing. "What did the police find? Finger prints? Foot prints? Hair, any trace evidence?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 2:29 pm

Yuyuko took a tissue, using it to wipe her eyes as she shook her head. "No, nothing... the police didn't find anything at all, and they even brought in a full forensic team... they said there was no evidence at all that anyone other than Miki, myself, and Rinnosuke had even been in the house that day. That's why they tried to spin it that me or Rinnosuke had done something, but phone records and witnesses proved that me and Rinnosuke were nowhere near the house when she disappeared, so they... they just gave up! They stopped even trying!"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 2:49 pm

Max saw that she was working herself up. He took her cup, refilled it and brought it back. "I would say try to calm down however I'm sure you're tired of hearing that. Where did your husband work?" He asked. "Right now I'm trying to ascertain if you had any enemies. Or someone who wished you ill intention." He crouched in front of where she sat. "Or maybe someone you were not comfortable around her. Also, what school did she go to?" He was sure that because there was no trace evidence the police hadn't considered the school faculty. *Maybe the other privet detectives have.* He thought. *I'll find out tomorrow.*
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 2:59 pm

Yuyuko took a long, deep breath, trying to calm herself. "My husband worked for a law firm as a defense attorney. The police did check out anyone related to cases he defended, but everyone of them had an alibi. Besides that, he won every case he'd worked up until that point, and hadn't worked anything that big, so nobody ever really got upset with him... and the school she went to was the middle school about a block from the police station..."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 3:25 pm

Max stood walking back over to his desk. He looked back out the window pulling out another cigarette. The one he lit earlier had burned itself out. He lit one up and blew the smoke out the window. "I have enough to go on for now. He nodded to the futon. "It's still pretty bad out there. Why don't you rest? I'll wake you when it let's up. There's some pillows and a blanket under the futon." He sat down and picked up his phone. He looked at his watch and shrugged.

It was early morning yesterday in America. But this was important. He dialed a number and listened. Then dialed another number. It rang... and rang... and rang... and ra- "Hello?" Came a tired female voice.

"Hey Janet it's me Max. Listen I know it's early there but I have a big favor." He said.

The woman yawned. "Max couldn't this wait until.."

Max cut her off. "This one pays." He said

The woman sobered. "How much?" She asked a bit skeptical.

Max crunched some numbers in his head. "Ten large. Half now half when the job is done."

He could almost hear her smile on the other end of the phone. "I do love that expense account. What do ya need?" She asked.

Max walked over to another set of file drawers, he opened it and there was a laser printer, copier and fax machine. "I'm sending over a picture. I'm gonna need an age progression on it. Two years. Subject looks to be about seven. I need it in." He looked at his watch. "Twelve hours. I'm also going to need some other computer work done." He placed the picture of Yuyuko's daughter on the machine and punched in some buttons.

The woman sounded like she was moving. "You got it. What's the case?" She asked.

"Missing person's. Local police have it as a cold case most likely. Hey, thanks." He said

The woman laughed. "You'll thank me when the check clears." She said and hung up.

Max walked back over to his desk and grabbed a remote control. He clicked on the the T.V. hanging on the wall. Looking back to Yuyuko he realized something, "Wait, you said she went to a middle school?" He asked. He pulled out his guns and a cleaning kit and started working on them.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 3:42 pm

Yuyuko nodded slightly, looking a bit spent as she relaxed on the couch. "Nn, yes. She was in her final year before highschool... oh, you're probably confused because of the picture. Miki had a genetic disorder that caused her body to age slower than normal. She always seemed to be about half her actual age. She'd be sixteen now, so she'd probably look to be about eight..."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 3:51 pm

Max nodded and picked up his cell phone. He sent a text to Janet telling her to only age it by one year. "That is very interesting." He said and started on his guns. He paused and stood. Walking over he picked up Yuyuko's wet shirt and tossed it in the bathroom. "I'll stick that in the dryer later. Is there anything else I should know about her?" He asked, "Any distinctive birthmarks or blemishes?" Max walked back to his desk and continued working on his guns.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 3:56 pm

Yuyuko immediately shook her head, not even needing to think about it. She could recall everything about Miki perfectly. "No, nothing like that. Aside from looking younger than she appeared, there was nothing strange about her..."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 4:14 pm

Max nodded, "I'll ask around when I get the image enhancement. At least one of those other privet eye's know's something." He finished up on Phobos and started on the revolver. "For now you should rest." He dismantled the weapon with practiced ease and proceeded to clean it.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 4:18 pm

Yuyuko nodded slightly, and relaxed more on the couch. It didn't take long for her to drift off to sleep, breathing deeply. As was usual, her sleep was plagued with dreams of her running after Miki, and never getting closer, until Miki was engulfed in shadows.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 4:33 pm

Max continued cleaning his gun and smoked about half a pack of cigarette's. He then kicked up his feet on his desk and drifted off to sleep. Details of the case running through his mind.

(( You can time snap if you want. Or do a dream sequence or what ever. Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 4:44 pm

When she woke the next morning, Yuyuko sat up slowly, letting out a soft yawn as she stretched herself out. She then just... sat there. She'd once been a morning person, one to get up and do things, but over the last two years she'd become more subdued, not having a real reason to get up early.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-29, 11:48 pm

Max woke up with a crick in his neck. He moved his head from side to side and his neck popped. "Ugh.." He protested.

Max got up and walked over to the coffee pot and switched it back on reheating the left over coffee from last night. "Mornin'." He said to Yuyuko. He reached in the mini fridge and pulled out the box of donuts.

"Breakfast is served." He said and pulled one out. He walked over to the drawer by the bathroom and pulled out some clothes. "I'm gonna shower real quick so if ya gotta use the bathroom now's the time." He said and dropped his clothes in.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-30, 12:34 am

Yuyuko shook her head sleepily, getting up and staggering over to the donuts. "No, I'll shower at home... I don't have work today... my mother is coming to visit, after all..." She did not sound pleased about this; more resigned.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-30, 2:10 am

Max nodded his head and turned. "I only meant go pee but that's good to know." He went in and showered toweled off and dressed. His wardrobe consisted of the same things. White button up shirt black slacks black shoes black tie and a black suit jacket.

He walked out of the bathroom and poured himself a cup of coffee. "I should be done in a few hours. Did you want to tag along when I question the other P.I.'s? He asked.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-30, 2:15 am

Yuyuko actually thought about that for a moment, then shook her head. "No. It's one thing to suspect I'm being taken advantage of, it's another to know it. If I found out that any of them hadn't been actually trying to find Miki, I'm afraid I'd do something. So, I'll just give you a list of their names? Do I need to include what I was paying them?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-30, 5:02 am

Max shook his head. "Nah I would only use it as leverage on them and I have enough of that already. As for the name's yeah. Those I can use." He said and walked over to his desk. The detective slid the pad and paper she used last night over. He pulled out a cigarette and lit it up.

"Anything in particular you want me to tell them?" He asked as he put on his shoulder holsters. He checked and loaded his weapons. Then he checked his wallet making sure he had his permit.

Max gathered the photos and printed paper and shoved them into a large envelope. Grabbing his overcoat he walked to the door.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-30, 5:20 am

Yuyuko wrote down the names quickly, and handed him the paper. "Just... if you feel strongly that they aren't actually trying, then tell them they are fired." She paused, thinking, then pointed to three of the names. "Expecially those three."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty2011-11-30, 6:03 am

Max actually smiled. "Ha! You got it." He said and opened the door. He grabbed an umbrella and stepped out. Looking back "Hey don't forget to lock up." He said and closed the door.

Max walked down the wet street and continued to his current client's meeting place. It was a quaint little mom and pop bakery. He ordered a cup of tea and Okonomiyaki. Might as well get breakfast while he was here. His client was an hour late when he showed up. Max spread out the photos and handed him his report. After about an hour he wrapped it up and accepted his payment. He gave the man another card in case he needed to make a court appointment.

Now Max was able to continue his new investigation. He went to the first name on the list Yuyuko pointed out of the shady detectives. Max fixed his coat and knocked on the door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stand In The Rain   Stand In The Rain - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stand In The Rain
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next