The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Two Peas In A Pod

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Anza9996

Anza9996

Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-05, 9:38 pm

It was good to hear that his family was doing well, better to know that they were stronger than most. She'd seen too many sacrifice themselves for those they cared for and almost always pay the ultimate price. Surai tilted her head, "I suppose our world is actually more primitive, despite the leaps of science and technology the humans discovered. The rest of the mythological beings stayed the same." she said thoughtfully, thinking now that maybe it was the evolution of humanity that enabled them to overthrow the ancient races who had no way to combat their new weapons. "Perhaps they are terrible but it is our way of life. No one will help us and no one would join forces. We all just help ourselves. I guess it is everyone's fault that my world is like that." she tried to offer him some consolation, not liking the tone of his voice. She just wanted to make him feel better and not linger over the tragedy that was her world.

The fact that he was considering allowing her roam the school was exciting. "Wonderful!" she grinned, clasping her hands together "Since this place is so different, I assume that your classes are as well. I wonder if they will be more interesting." she murmured hopefully. They got up to leave and when he opened the door it took her awhile to figure out why he didn't go through it until she realized it was for her. "Oh… Oh! I am sorry." she apologized and hung her head slightly as she walked by, feeling foolish. Even though she was pretty, no human in her world ever showed a beggar-like woman any courtesy. They walked back out on the street and his question surprised her. A slow smile crept on her face, "That is something I would rather prefer to show, than tell. I am supposedly the unholy offspring of lightning and Death itself." she said then stepped back, extending her arms a bit. "But look at me! In this form, I am hardly a creature that lives up to the name." she told him gently, still smiling with amusement. "Its more amazing showing off my true form at night anyhow. You get the true 'terror', so I have been told, when you see me in my natural setting." she shrugged. "I suppose you could say I feel more comfortable in that form at night, in all my glory. In my world," she paused, "That is the difference between here and there. Lights illuminate the sky for miles, it seems. Whereas there I can slip through undetected. I am a black colored dragon with tints of blue, better to blend in with the darkness." she explained.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-06, 12:25 am

Dysis decided that for now he'd stop showing his opinion of her world. If there was one thing people would know about him was the fact he didn't sugar-coat things all the time. If there was something that bothered him or he felt strongly about it, then he was going to say something about it. There was limits though, he had tact if he felt saying nothing would be better then saying something.

When she finished, he just nodded a bit. "I see. Yeah, that's one of the downsides of living in the city. Not all the places are like this though. There's still a lot of forest areas. There's even some continents that are pretty low tech-wise. Some of the Elves live on those and choose not to change, the others adapted so its pretty fragmented in that sense."

I can't show her everything. He thought to himself. I don't think school is all that exciting for a dragon that regularly fights life or death battles.

It didn't take them long to reach the school, moving through traffic and the usual crowds of people New York was famous(or infamous for). The place didn't look different from any other school, besides its large size. However, for Surai who was completely new to this world, it would be a bit of surprise. Dysis still wasn't sure where he was going to take her.

On the campus grounds, there were people going too and from school of various races. There was even a few people who seemed be dragons, at the least having dragon blood but a bit diluted. Which meant they at the least had dragon in their family line somewhat recently.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-06, 11:24 am

((I can't help feeling they're a lot alike. He doesn't beat around the bush and she doesn't mope about her circumstances. I like the practical characters!))

She was too excited at the prospect of seeing what a real educational school was like. Anything that didn't involved disemboweling and looking at her kin's own body parts was much more interesting. Although the cars along the way made her wary, she'd never strayed from a sidewalk since her first visit there, she followed close to his side until they reached the campus. It was much larger than even the best school she'd seen; they didn't need much space if all they did was talk about killing.
The moment she saw the front doors she hurried ahead of him, across the lawn before stopping after a few strides. Her hands clasped tightly together as she stared up, mouth opened slightly in awe. Since she was relaxed from earlier she didn't even realize her tail had extended again and was now swaying side to side joyfully. When her gaze slowly moved around and took in her surroundings she recognized more scents of creatures she had almost long forgotten. "This place is amazing." she told him in a humble tone when he reached her. "I should very much like to see… everything." she smiled a bit with embarrassment. Even she knew it was impossible to do everything in a day but she couldn't help pining for it.

"I do not even know where I would want to start, however." she frowned after a moment. "And you have class, did you not say?" she remembered only at that moment. "Would I be allowed to wander around while you are busy?" she asked, even though her curiosity was growing more and more she didn't want to be such a burden to him. "If it is more convenient, I could sit quietly in the corner while you conduct your studies." she suggested, well-practiced in patience and keeping quiet and still. If not for hunting then for her better's sake. She knew how it was to teach younglings, it was her duty for a time, so she was aware how much it meant for a teacher to have quiet and attention from their students.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-07, 12:58 am

(Thanks)

Dysis thought for a moment. "We'll, you Could wander. I don't think that's as much of a problem. It's just I'm not sure they would let you just sit in some of the classes if you're not a student." Briefly he thought about getting her an ID but she wouldn't be staying here for too long. So maybe that idea was out at least for now unless there was some off chance she decided to stay here.

The library might work.

"Come on, I'm going to show you something since you want to learn a bit more." Dysis walked in one direction but made sure Surai was close behind before continuing. He wouldn't say it out loud at the moment but her excitement over a place of learning was endearing to him. People usually hated going to school and learning, but then here she was looking forward to. A kindred spirit maybe.

It took at the most just a few minutes to get the library, the various students walking too and from their classes as they traveled through. Once they reached their destination, Surai would see the library was rather big. At the least, bigger then the average buildings she had ran into.

Dysis was first, but he opened the door for the dragon-girl once again before stepping in besides her. He couldn't really help it. Despite her being a dragon, he was raised to try to be a gentleman and treat All people with respect. No matter what their gender, or race.

All before Surai stood large rows and rows of books, almost looking like a maze of some sort. There was ladders on certain parts as well as stools to reach higher places. Towards the front, the librarian, an old woman in at least her sixties but had aged well. She had long black hair and kind eyes. For the most part, they seemed human but had a odd powerful presence about her. It just felt old.

The Dhampir seemed to know who they were, because his lips quirked into a small smile at seeing. "Alma, its good to see you."

"Ah! Dysis." The old woman seemed delighted. "I was wondering when you would come back. Who is your friend?"

"This Surai. Surai, this is Alma. She's a friend of mine." Before he could continue, something a bit odd happened.

A bright, floating silver light floated down, only it was instantly known it was somebody as it was talking. "Alma I couldn't find it." Then they noticed Dysis and Surai's presence and then darted behind the old woman.

"Oh, come now, don't be that shy." Alma gently chided, and reluctantly the small fairy came out of her hiding place. "Surai, this is Ana. She's a shy little thing but otherwise a good girl. If you need help reaching a book she could help you with that."

Dysis nodded. "I have to get going. Surai, I'll be back soon. I just need to finish up this one class and then I'll be back. You can actually learn a lot more here then you can in most of the classes with Alma here, but I'll still show you around if you want."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-07, 1:38 am

Her spirits were starting to damper when it seemed he was going to deny letting her wander around but easily lifted when it appeared that he was going to surprise her instead. She followed along eagerly, only lingering a bit to remember what the front of a real school building looked like, then followed along like a happy pet; her tail swishing to and fro and undulating like a gymnast ribbon. When they arrived, the end of her tail was bouncing happily in the air and tapping her shoulders every now and then, suddenly halting the moment they arrived. Again, it took her a moment to realize he was waiting on her to walk through and she quietly thanked him like before. When they were inside she gazed up at the books with an open stare until she sensed him move on further and she followed, seeing the older woman just as he spoke to her; her eyes were too caught up in absorbing the amount of tomes they had all in one place.

When she was introduced to the woman she stepped forward, extending her hand when the orb floated down. She stopped her movements entirely and just stared at it, watching the fairy with her keen eyesight until the girl realized she was in company. When the fairy seemed to show herself a bit more, Surai carefully extended her hand but held her pointer finger out towards her, "It is a pleasure." she greeted her politely then went to extend her full hand toward Alma as she was before, "How do you do." she said respectively. As soon as the pleasantries were over however, Dysis was preparing to leave. Surai whirled around uncertainly then as she watched him retreat back toward the double doors. He reassured her as he left and she gave him her best smile, wave, and thank you before he disappeared; the moment he did her tail dropped to the ground slowly and dragged. "Um…" she turned back toward the women shyly and hung her head a bit. "I am sorry but I have been following him all day. I am not from this world and he is my guide and the only one I have been able to rely on since coming here." she felt she had to explain herself for some reason so as not to offend them. "But… please, take care of me." she murmured, glancing up at them, wondering if even the tiny fairy would laugh at her for all her uncertainty.

Surai looked around timidly, glancing from the books then back to the females, then back to books again; not sure how the system worked. There had never been a library this vast and she was certain there were rules to be followed to keep them in order. One of the biggest ones, she saw on various posters or laminated notes, was to 'Shh' and no talking or cell phones; as if she knew what those were.

((Oh my gosh, theres an old woman at my work that is named Alma. She's nice and all but she talks and talks and talks and talks xD As soon as I saw the name thats what she reminded me of.))
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-07, 1:52 pm

(Funny, Alma is just a name I looked up randomly because I needed one for a NPC)

When Dysis left, Alma noticed the young dragon's mood seemed to drop. She could tell she was young because of the way she carried herself. Young people were a funny bunch. The old woman glanced at the spot where the Dhampir had been then back to and a twinkle entered her eye. Perhaps she'd see about getting those two closer. It was rare for Dysis to extend his hand to someone so the fact he was doing this much was a good sign.

The old woman walked slowly over and patted the dragon on the back, giving her a warm smile to help calm her down. "Not to worry my dear. I may be old but I still know my way around. Me and Ana are a friendly bunch, we won't be judgmental about little things."

Ana floated around, seeming to get more comfortable as she sat on the old woman's shoulder. Alma decided to get the ball rolling. "What would you like to know about? A bit about this world's history, this city perhaps?" She said gently.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-09, 3:17 am

Surai twitched as she felt the hand but remained calm; just unused to such physical contact. Her tail swayed, giving a soft thump against the ground as she thought eagerly of all the subjects she could search for. She was even happier that Alma and her fairy friend were so accommodating. "I have no idea," she admitted, glancing around and catching the names of the different sections until one caught her fancy. "Dinosaurs?" she asked, seeing the children's books and finding that her feet took her to the section before she'd formed the thought. She stared at the picture of a huge tyrannosaurus rex. "Tyrant lizard." she murmured, reading the latin name in english.

As though instinct told her to, Surai took the book back over to Alma and Ana, staring at the cover until she looked up with a start. Glancing at the book in her hand and back up at them stammering, "Uh… Um… I do like this one. It is of our early cousins, I think." she told them, remembering that humans had once displayed their bones with reverence until they discovered the core that linked them to dragons and other magical beings. The core that enabled them to harness the power that enabled dragons to use magic, that let sirens sing sailors to their doom, it was the essence of that that unlocked evolution and mystery of life all in one. It was this thing that let them destroy all that was good and hopeful in her world. She now looked at one of the first amazing creatures that walked her Earth.

"I am interested in these," she said brightly, holding the book out to the woman, "I also want to know about science. Steam power. And when these things came about at least in this world." she told them, hoping she wasn't being too greedy asking for so much knowledge. "What will it cost me?" she asked warily, thinking she'd have to do some sort of boon or give them her scales or something.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-09, 10:40 pm

"Go fetch something about basic science and such, would you dear?" Alma asked the small fairy who gave a nod and fluttered off to another part of the library to go retrieve them. She knew the library about almost as well as she did so it wouldn't take her long to find much of anything despite the size of the place.

Old hands went to gently take the book from Surai, looking it over. "Ah, dinosaurs. I used to love them as a little girl, still do. I can't say for sure if all dragons of this world came from dinosaurs though I do believe at the least some came from them."

While this was going on, the fairy had the other books. Surprisingly she didn't need help carrying them as she was abnormally strong for her size and race. Alma knew the reasons for it but it wasn't for her to say unless asked about it. The books were placed down on the front desk so they could be checked out, just as Alma hobbled her way over.

She went to scan the books, but was taken by surprise at her last comment, then she just smiled warmly again. "You don't need money for public books sweetie. This is a public library, the knowledge here is free for anyone to use as long as they return it. You're with Dysis and that's good enough for me. In normal book stores, you have to pay. In most libaries on this world, they're free. Though sometimes you need a ID or book card to take a book from there."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-09, 11:35 pm

Surai watched as the librarian directed the fairy to get another book. When Alma took the one in her hands, the dragon watched in surprise as she also showed interest. A smile broke across her face, "Yes! In fact, like humans and most other species, we do not even know where our kind originated. If anything its like we both branched from the same ancestor just like all the other creatures of the world." she told her excitedly. When Ana returned, Surai heard her wings fluttering, and smiled warmly at her, staring at the spines of the books and reading the titles rapidly. Her head tilted this way and that as she tried to get a better look at the book covers while Alma went to get them. She followed, trying not to hover too much, as her tail flipped back and forth quickly, more like a dog's now.
She walked around to the front of the desk, feeling that this was right, and waited and watched what Alma was doing with curiosity. What she told her was a relief, she was glad she didn't have to give up anything even though the books were very precious. Even though the one on dinosaurs was mainly a children's picture book. But she frowned a little as she thought about what Alma said, "I do appreciate it but he said the same thing as well. That I may need an ID card to access certain areas of the school. Shall I get one to save everyone the trouble?" she asked then lowered her voice, feeling foolish for having to ask, "How does one go about getting this I.D. card?" she questioned, feeling her face warm at the embarrassment for being so ignorant of the rules and customs here. But at this point she wanted to give almost anything for just a few books.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-12, 2:20 am

Alma seemed to be thinking for a moment. "A picture ID would be easier to get then a normal one, I'd have to ask around." She gently patted Surai on the arm. "You'll be fine dear. Don't be so nervous or afraid to ask questions. You're still new here and have things to learn but we all do. I'm still in my old age and I'm learning new things everyday!"

The fairy landed on her shoulder, speaking up for once. "Um..I think they make those cards at social services or..DMV?"

"She wouldn't know what those are." Alma replied, focusing on Surai. "I could ask Dysis when he comes back about getting you one. It's not that easy to get one, especially someone who technically didn't exist in this realm until recently. When people are born here, they get something called a Social Security number. It's your unique ID. That's what allows you to do many of the more restricted things or get a ID card. Usually Nexus City handles interdimensonal travelers..or Nobus."

"Even without it you should be fine once Dysis comes, we can use his ID and then he can see about getting you something along those lines. Heaven knows I panicked when I lost mine, but ah, I'm rambling."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-15, 8:04 am

The dragon seemed completely baffled, "If getting one is so important then why does it sound so difficult to obtain?" she asked. "Perhaps it would just save everyone the trouble if I did not get one at all." she offered. "If I may read here until Dysis returns, I should be more than satisfied." she told them humbly. Surai really didn't want to make anyone go out of their way for her since she wasn't planning on staying for very long. They made her feel comfortable though and Surai was allowed to take her books into the library to do some reading. She wandered around for awhile, the library being huge, and went up to the second floor. There were even fewer people here so she found more comfort in solitude. Finding a big comfy chair in the corner and began reading her books, taking her patient time and pouring over every detail with relish and enjoying the pictures that accompanied the children's books. In time she felt her eyes droop and she shifted herself in the chair, getting comfortable, and eventually falling asleep. Her legs tucked under her with the book open on the arm, a hand resting on the pages as she leaned her cheek against it and her tail hanging over the other armrest. She was completely at peace and for the remaining hour or so, Surai was the only person on the second floor.

((Sorry for such a short post, I wanted to get done before the weekend but I really couldn't think of her doing anything else other than moving the story along ><"))
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-17, 3:57 pm

(It's okay)

Dysis finally came back from his class some time after Surai had fallen asleep. Alma as per normal was there to up and greet him while the small fairy was off elsewhere; likely reading through something or another.

"Welcome back. Classes were fine?"

"Work is work." Dysis said simply, shrugging once, as that was it. There wasn't really much to say, it had been pretty normal. "Where is Surai?"

"She's up stairs, reading. She fell asleep." Alma watched him more carefully. "I like her a lot, she seems like a nice young lady. Where does she come from?"

"I don't know." Dysis shook his head. "All I know is the place she comes from..it's not like here. I mean we have our own problems and its not perfect, but things are bleak enough there where almost all the magical or supernatural creatures are gone. The humans there seemed to have wiped them all out, its just the dragons left. They use the eggs for things like fuel if I remember, scales for other things. The others were..used for various things."

Alma looked extremely bothered by this, besides the obvious reasons. "I don't..I don't understand how there can so many evil people out there that can do things like this. It's too much like Wervant.."

"Free will. As long as that exist, things like that will exist." Dysis sighed.

It looked like the older woman was going to say more, but let it go. "Before she leaves I'd like to talk to her, maybe I'll visit later. Get these old bones moving about."

"I'm sure she'll like that. Excuse me." Dysis headed up stairs and sure enough, Surai was found sleeping. She looked far more relaxed and peaceful then he had ever seen her. Does she really want to go back home? He thought of more of her kind coming here, but that would need some doing. The other option was to battle them back, but leaders naturally would be loathed to involve themselves in a affair like that. Though, from what he gathered it wouldn't have been too hard. This world was more advanced and even people who hated supernaturals were still reluctant to start anything. Except the more crazy ones like Isacroit.

The Dhampir pushed those thoughts aside. One thing at a time. He went over to the young woman and gently tried to wake her up.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-17, 11:19 pm

Her tail twitched slightly as it swung limply over the side of the chair. She twitched as he woke her and her eyes opened; on immediate alert. But when she remembered where she was, Surai slowly closed her eyes and stretched like a cat, yawning like a dog with a soft whining sound. She rolled her hips back a few times as she faced him, "It is good to see you again." she greeted, "Were your classes alright?" she asked, smiling at him in a friendly way. "Alma and Ana were so kind," she said after he replied. "They let me pick out these books and I enjoyed them immensely, I read this one twice," she showed him a book about dinosaurs. "And this one was the most difficult, I could not find the words, but the pictures were lovely." she said as she pulled out the children's picture book to show him the colorful animated lizards. "The science ones were interesting, although I did not look for steam powered technology specifically, it is interesting to me to learn that certain chemicals can be combined to make edible things. Such as something called 'Ice-a-cream'." she spoke with excitement as she quickly flipped another book's pages open to show him what she was talking about. "And the best part is that they were completely free! Although usually an ID would be required but because they know you, Alma said it was fine." she seemed concerned. "I would hate to bother everyone about it but I do not think it is right to assume certain benefits. I do not want to take advantage of you." she said humbly, stacking the books neatly then carrying them easily with her draconic strength.

"I am afraid I will not be able to take them with me," she brought up the point as they went back down to the first floor. "I would love to, but I am afraid I would not be able to care for them well when I return home. Besides, they belong here, in safe storage for others as well." she told him. "I doubt I would be able to bring them back," she set them on the counter, an apologetic expression on her face as she looked up at Alma as they walked past her desk. "I am sorry."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-20, 10:47 pm

Alma frowned a bit, sligtly dissapointed she wouldn't take them but decided to let it go. She would be able to get them when she came back. "All right then dear, I'll hold onto these for you for a while when you come back. Don't be a stranger."

The old woman waved to them, as did the small fairy as both Dysis and Surai left for the day.

Getting an I.D. for the young dragon wasn't as much of a hassle as it could have been. Dysis managed to get her one that would suffice, though he did have to pull a few strings to get everything done in one swoop. Once that was out the way, having no further errands or anything to do, he headed straight home with Surai.

They headed inside the apartment after Dysis opened it, letting Surai go in first out of habit more then anything else. There wasn't that much out of the ordinary about it. The place was a pretty good-sized apartment with enough space to move around instead of having too little space. There was also pictures dotted around the place, some of Dysis when he was younger to the present. Others were of his sister, himself and mother.

On some, there was a picture of what was assumed to be Dysis' father. He looked a lot like him, though he was older. On one of the pictures there was a small note attached if Surai cared to read.

To one of the best men and father's I've known, always missing you. RIP dad. -Dysis

"Dysis, you're home already?" His mother came walking in slowly, looking a bit pale but otherwise fine. Just by her was a little girl brown hair and a bow in her hair. She went closer to her mother when seeing a stranger. "Ah. A friend?"

"Yeah. Mom, this is Surai." He introduced. "Surai, this is my mother May. Hiding behind her is my little sister Miranda. She's a bit shy."

"Ah, come on its nothing to be nervous about." May told her daughter, who slowly detached herself from her mother. "She's only three so she's a bit shy. Nice to meet Surai."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-20, 11:11 pm

Surai made sure to thank Alma profusely before leaving and waving good bye to them even after they'd gone out the door. She felt guilty leaving those books, sensing that the librarian wanted her to take them, but she knew she would feel even worse if she took them back to her world. I am not coming back, she told herself, remember? To her surprise, Dysis still went out of his way and got her an I.D. All it took was a simple picture, a forged date of birth and some other paperwork he had done to make it as painless as possible. The only thing that went wrong was when they took her photo. At first she was utterly intrigued by the device but as soon as the bright light flashed her pupils contracted and her fangs came out as she batted up at the light, her tail nearly tripping the photographer and knocking over his computer. With more apologies and a brand new card in her hand, Surai was flipping her tail around happily as she walked and stared at her own picture. It was nothing like gazing at one's reflection in the water. It was almost eerie seeing herself caught in that moment as though frozen in time.

Her fascination didn't end until they reached his home and once again she apologized and shuffled into his home with abashment at her naivety and not realizing he held the door open for her for five minutes. She timidly stepped in and waited where the shoes were, watching as he walked in and started poking her nose around. The pointed tip twitched as she sniffed and took in the scents of the family home, it smelled nice and was warm and welcoming. As her attention drew to the photo she wondered if Dysis had a brother until she read the note; now accustomed to English and could read at lightning speeds. The sound of his mother's voice made her twitch and stand at alert, eyes unblinking as the lovely woman came into sight. With a slow blink and unyielding stare, the dragon slowly lowered her head in submissiveness, recognizing her as the lady of the house. The child took her next interest and she tilted her head, offering her a gentle smile; still not blinking as she regarded them carefully. Making sure to stay on her guard in case she did something to offend them or if her presence was undesirable; she would leave at once.

But the woman noticed her and when Dysis introduced them she looked from his family to him then back again. As he told her their names she looked at each female slowly with interest and bowed her head low to each in turn. When the child came forth she couldn't help smiling a little more, crooning and purring a sound that was a mixture of feline and reptilian sounds. Her pupils dilated and if anything she looked more like a huggable pet than a person just then with those familiar bubbly eyes; the ones she regarded them with the night before. "Greetings. I am Surai." she said and sat down slowly, her tail lightly thumping against the floor, undulating like a lazy wave. "I believe we met last night." she offered the information to the girl, hoping she would remember and wouldn't be afraid. More than anything, Surai wished she could turn into her dragon form and let the child pet or ride her, humanlike children loved pets and it didn't smell like they had one in the house. Anything to make the little one comfortable in her presence; she was so used to handling them back home, she would've died if a young one didn't like her for any reason at all. According to their laws, offspring were precious; even human ones.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-21, 3:08 am

Miranda was at first a bit confused. She didn't remember anyone from the other night that looked like that. So she tried to think. The tiny Dhampir was small but for her age she was very intelligent. The only 'person' that she could remember saving them wasn't a person but a dragon of some kind. She had never gotten to see one in person before that night.

At finding out who she was, or rather figuring out, she seemed to relax more then before.

May smiled at this, then back to Surai. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Are you hungry? Can I get you anything?"

"No, its fine." Dysis said. "You should be lying down. Me and Surai already got something to eat so we'll be fine for now. I'll cook for dinner."

"But-"

"Please? Just take it easy. You're suppose resting as is."

May seemed to relent to that. "All right. I guess some sleep wouldn't hurt me..is Surai staying here?"

Dysis wandered how she went to that conclusion so fast, but it was true. "She's from another world, I found her today. Would it be all right if she stayed here just for a bit until she goes back home."

The other woman seemed to think all of five seconds then smiled. "Nope! Not all. If you trust her, its fine Dysis. Welcome aboard for now Surai."

She's too kind.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-21, 11:23 am

Inadvertently, her tail started thumping on the ground a little faster when May spoke to her; it seemed she'd been accepted. "I am fine, thank you." she told her as she stood up slowly so as not to startle the little girl. Dysis was trying to get May to relax and she couldn't help nodding in agreement though not saying anything as it wasn't her place. It surprised her how quickly May agreed to let her stay and she bowed at the waist, showing her gratitude. "If anything, I should offer you my services. It is an honor to be allowed to stay with such kind people. Please let me know if there is any possible thing I may do, I will do what is in my power." she told her then straightened. Dysis must have been a dependable man, the way May and Alma had regarded him so well. It wasn't like she didn't respect him before but she thought even better of him now.

After that she looked around the house from where she stood, absorbing anything and taking in the scents. They seemed to be a very tight knit family, though small, and it humbled her that they were so close. Although her family consisted of all the dragons of her home world, Surai had never had anyone to intimately trust and share companionship with. Thinking about it made her sigh softly, the smile having faded and her expression turned neutral. Perhaps she should not stay for very long or she would falter in her mission to save her kind. If she thought of all the dragon hatchlings as her own then she should not feel very lonely, right? Her tail drooped as she thought about this, the depression sneaking in every once in awhile, but she twitched upright to stand straight in case she was noticed. "M-May I use a restroom?" she asked quietly, stammering as she felt she'd been caught in a moment of weakness even if no one saw anything. She had to keep composed, she was a guest after all. And the last thing she wanted was for any of them to feel that she was being ungrateful and didn't like being there. "After that, I will help cooking if you would like?" she offered Dysis, knowing a thing or two about human cooking.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-22, 2:08 am

May frowned a bit to this, but nodded. "Go ahead and help yourself sweety. You're our guest here so you don't have to ask if you need to use the restroom." It was part having to do with her body language and possibly a good old bit of motherly intution.

"It's fine, I can do it. It might sound odd but cooking is something of a hobby of mind, just go ahead and make yourself comfortable." Dysis said, he could tell something was bothering her but he didn't want to intrude for now unless it became more noticeable. Some times people just needed some time to gather themselves. That's what he figured what Surai was going to do.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-22, 2:33 am

Surai nodded and sniffed her way into the restroom, closing the door for some privacy. She stared at herself a long time, first in wonder at such a clear image, then in disappointment. How could she have let her emotions show so plainly, she scolded herself. The dragon had seen the look in May's eyes and she chastised herself for making the woman worry; especially when all the attention should have been on her rest and recovery. Stupid Surai, she growled at herself. Do not think only of yourself. she snapped and went to turn on the water. It took her a few moments to figure out that the handles turned on the faucet but when she did it startled her. Modern plumbing was something that humans hadn't completely perfected, even though water was in such short supply. She then found that she could plug the water by pulling on a metal rod and proceeded to bat at the little growing puddle in the sink. With joy she started playing with the water, turning it off when it was fairly full, then sticking her head in; coming back up with a gasp as she bruised her nose.
Soft whining could be heard from outside but she quieted down, not wanting to bother them or get in trouble for being so silly. She hurriedly unplugged the sink and watched the water drain, rubbing her sore nose for awhile before leaving. She looked sheepish when she came out, "The water was… refreshing." she murmured, excusing herself before going back in to dry her face and some of her hair. Surai looked like a kid who expected a scolding the way she shuffled. "If you do not mind, I should at least like to watch you cook." she murmured to Dysis, wanting to forget her childish behavior and continue to try and learn how she could help and repay the family for being so hospitable.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-23, 2:04 pm

May wasn't mad though. She saw how Surai looked after she had came out of the bathroom and was more amused then anything. It was cute honestly. Despite the fact she looked twenty seven and probably was, if not older, in some ways she acted a bit younger then she was at times. It was a endearing quality.

"I take it you don't have bathrooms like ours back home?" May mused. Miranda seemed to grow bored with standing nearby her mom the entire time and instead went to stand by Surai surprisingly or not.

"I like your hair." Miranda said to Surai randomly, as the question required some deep thought.

As for Dysis he didn't have a problem with it. "I don't mind. I figured watching someone cook would be boring but you can if you want." Then he proceeded to go into the kitchen, seeming to know where every item, container and piece of food was as he went through the cabinets and got everything with practiced eased.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-23, 9:10 pm

Surai lowered her head humbly, shaking her head slowly, "No, we do not. We have latrines." she murmured, though that was only when she was in human form. Naturally, in dragon form, she could go wherever she pleased. But the humans had the habit of going to the same place all the time; it was inconvenient. Her eyes focused as little Miranda approached and complimented her, taking her by surprise. "Thank you." she murmured, offering a smile.

Dysis went into the kitchen and she followed close behind, being good and staying in the corner out of the way while she watched him pull things out of many cabinets and drawers. "You are very quick." she remarked, her eyes growing large as she watched. With each movement her head twitched and turned to take in everything he did; much like a cat. When he moved to turn on the stove she stared intently, recognizing that piece of work, and watched with intensity. Besides being a simple tool to cook meals with, the simple contraption that made the fire spark also fueled war blimps, flaming catapults, and furnaces used to battle her kind. She made a strange face before concentrating on what he was doing. "What are you making?" she asked, looking content again, more interested in him cooking than thinking about her home world. Her tail curling around her body so she doesn't accidentally trip him. It also intrigued her that a male would cook instead of demanding a female do it; it was uncharacteristic. Even if he wasn't a human, females were always required to provide while males offered protection. She was becoming more and more interested in him and the ways of this world; enchanted by its peace and simplicity.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-24, 1:57 am

"I'm trying to make spaghetti." Dysis said, as he continued his work. May went to sit down on a couch and relax so she could rest like her son suggested. Miranda, in the mean time was curiously watching everything. After her slight nervousness about Surai, she seemed to have the opposite reaction, she seemed curious and followed her around the kitchen as she went to look at everything.

"I'm not sure if you have it back where you're from. But its pasta mixed with some other things is the best way to explain it, you usually have meat balls in it too." The Dhampir began to get the water ready, along with everything else. "I don't consider myself the best cook, but I've been told I have the talent to be a chief; if I wanted to go that route. Do you do a lot of cooking back in your world?"
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-24, 2:19 am

The word 'spaghetti' sounded wonderful and she tried saying it a few times, glancing over as Miranda joined her and smiled at the child once more. Returning her attention back to Dysis, she shook her head, "No, we hardly eat anything like this. If I am lucky a human will spare something and I have no idea what it consists of. Just that theres vegetables from the factory processed farms and meat from who knows where." she shrugged. Deciding, for Miranda's sake, she wouldn't go into detail of how humans managed to feed their population. Mainly by way of overbreeding and slaughtering of their animals.

Again, she shook her head in response, "In human form, I do not. On rare occasion I do throw some things together. But for the most part, as a dragon, I will simply char my... prey. If there is any 'cooking' to be done it is simply feeding the hatchlings. Most who will not even become human until they are much older, if at all. There are fewer and fewer of us who are willing to do so. A valuable asset but in a way it divides us. Those dragons that become human see their world firsthand whereas those who do not simply want to annihilate them as they do us." she said then peered back at Miranda, hoping she didn't confuse or bother her too much with this information. But thats how Surai was. Even hatchlings who'd lost their parents weren't spared from her telling them the harsh truth. While she spoke as gently as she could, Surai was well rehearsed in breaking bad news or explaining things to younglings that they needed to know in order to survive.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-24, 4:50 pm

While Miranda was intelligent for her age, something's simply flew over her head. As such most of the talking Dysis and Surai did pertained to her very little, if at all. In this sense it was probably a good thing most of this wasn't really clicking with the young girl. Dysis noticed that as well but didn't comment on it.

"So having a human form divides your own people." Dysis sighed. "Something else I never understood that much. There's a group of people who decides who fits in certain categories, puts others down because of certain factors, or think themselves better because of it. It's..so very human; yet many races do it. I found that ironic."

"It's another reason I want to become a history teacher. If we don't learn from the past or the mistakes certain thinking have led to, we're doomed to repeat it."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty2011-10-27, 11:53 pm

Surai shifted slightly, leaning on the empty counter, "It is not so bad a divide. Rather we dragons with human forms set ourselves apart. Sometimes just the sight of a human figure will set the older dragons into a rage." she sighed a bit, "Though I am more comfortable in a human form, even to the point of hiding my own features," she said as she retracted her tail within her body, "Most will not even dare do so. My closest friends for example, even though they give their dragon forms up to look more human, they still cling to their scales and claws." she said thoughtfully and rested her chin on her hand.

Her eyes honed in on the pot as she smelled the pasta soften and cook, her stomach rumbling despite the fact that they'd eaten not too long ago. But her dragon-like metabolism was fast, even when she conserved her energy, she'd been starving most of her days before meeting them and now her body was making up for it. "What else goes into the spaghetti?" she asked curiously, leaning in close over the stove to peer into the pot. The pasta was melting into a more fluid form and she stared at it in wonder. Never had she seen food look so… clean. The heat didn't bother her one bit either though she did mind herself out of habit rather than fear, also not wanting to be a bad example to Miranda.

"What will we do for the remainder of the day?" she asked as she moved to the side, watching him finish preparing the dish. "If it is alright with you, I would like to explore the city some more. With you as my guide I may be able to learn and enjoy myself much more. But only if you desire it as well." she added the last part meekly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Two Peas In A Pod
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: New York-
Jump to: