The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Two Peas In A Pod

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-06-23, 10:38 pm

"Wha?"
Miranda was so engrossed in petting, she hadn't expected Surai to turn back into human form like she did, so she was taken back. It did make her stop petting, that and the smell of hot dogs. Like most children, she was a bit lacking in the attention span department.

May giggled a bit, then held it out for Surai after giving one to her little daughter. "Here you go. Go ahead and knock yourself out."
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-06-23, 11:27 pm

Surai stared at the hot dog, alert and unblinking, until May held one out to her. She immediately smiled, "Thank you, May!" she said excitedly. Before May even finished her sentence, after the first bite, Surai was pushing the whole thing into her mouth and practically swallowed it all at once. With a big gulp, the food went down easily and her tail started wagging, "It is so good, what is it made of?" she asked, making a face like she wanted another one. Even though she looked human, her insides were still similar to a dragons', by now her stomach already burned through the bun and turned it into more bubbly energy. That and, although she wasn't starving, even in her human form, Surai had the ability to eat pounds of food without pause.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-06-24, 12:18 am

Dysis was amused like usual. "I'm not sure if you have the kind of animal where you're from, but its from something called a pig. It's pretty popular here and in other places."

"Glad you like! Here, I have a bit more. I thought you'd might want some more then that because dragons tend to eat a lot." True enough to May's word, behind her was a box filled with a few more hot dogs. "Help yourself. Dysis, you sure you don't want some?"

"No, I'm fine." He declined politely, not too hungry. Surai could eat enough for both of them. Miranda for her part went to sit by Surai as she stuffed herself with her own hot dog. She was more or less attached to Surai's hip these days and wouldn't even stray too far from her shadow.

"We can continue our walk after this, but if there's ever any questions or places you want to visit, just ask okay?" May said to Surai in her usual warm tone.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-06-24, 12:27 am

Surai nodded to him, happily taking another hot dog from May when she offered. "Oh, yes. Though, I'm ashamed to say, in my young, feral form I stole one from the orcs once. I suffered injury but the feast was grand. Kept me fed for two days." she smiled, the pigs on her world grew about half her dragon size. She didn't pay much attention to Dysis and May when they talked to each other, instead she smiled while munching on her second hot dog and grinned at Miranda after she'd finished it. The dragon took three more, two for herself, and another for Miranda so she didn't have to get up; her tail curling behind and laying next to Miranda as they ate.

After just finishing her fourth hot dog, May asked if she wanted anything else, "I would like to venture into the woods. But... does anything live there? Will it be safe?" she asked, worried for Miranda. In fact, she worried for all of them. The forests of her planet were home to dangerous wildlife that evolved; nearly everything was a lethal weapon on her home world.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-06-24, 12:42 am

May blinked, then shook her head. "Oh, no sweetie. It's perfectly safe here. The people in charge make it a priority to make sure there's no dangerous elements around the cities for the people living here. So you can go ahead."

"And I can go with her?" Miranda seemed excited about that. "Um..Surai, could I like..maybe ride on your back when you turn into a dragon? You're not flying so its safe?"

Dysis put his notebook away, standing up. "If you're going, I'll go with you. Besides, we could continue talking and just relax there." Surai didn't get to see sights like this so why not.

May smiled shaking her head. "We'll..if everyone is going, I can't exactly stay behind can I?"
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-06-24, 12:54 am

Surai was instantly reassured by May's words, trusting her completely, and when she finished her fifth, and final, hot dog she stood up to stretch and rubbed her belly. "That was delicious, thank you, May!" she grinned. She smiled at the little Dhampir, already willing to let her on her back since it was safe. "I wouldn't mind at all. It may get a little bumpy if we come across a log or something, but I can assure you, it's safe." she told her gently.

She took a few steps back and her form shifted back into a dragon. She laid down on her stomach and tilted her head slightly for Miranda to climb or be lifted up onto her. "Just hold on tightly and tell me if anything's wrong or to stop if you need to."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-06-25, 3:44 am

Miranda nodded and climbed on carefully, avoiding the spikes. They were a bit sharp but as long as you weren't running into them, you were fine. "I'm ready!"

Dysis decided to send another message to Surai, noting how she behaved when he mentioned the Demon Realm. 'You seemed a bit alarmed when I mentioned the Demon Realm. Don't worry, most of them are actually decent people. Of course, 'demon' is just a race category then anything else. It doesn't tell you anything about the individual race in question. Most demons are human-looking or humanoid from my experience but not always. The only thing you really have to worry about there is the wild life. They're stuff makes even our worse here look like puppies.'

May didn't say anything at first, more content to just follow for now.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-06-27, 7:42 pm

At the sound of Miranda's voice, Surai's body slowly stood up; like riding on a gentle elephant. Her steps were hesitant, at first, measuring each one to gauge how well the little one held on. Once she felt that Miranda was ready, Surai's strides grew longer until she walked normally and she and Dysis and May strolled along toward the forest.
She tilted her head toward him, keeping their mental channel private for the moment, How intriguing! I should like to meet one then. The ones on Aenrald are all feral and are used for battle and transportation.Dragons them for resources as well. I would really like to meet them, one of these days. she said excitedly.
How are you doing, May? she asked, opening a separate connection to link everyone together now. She didn't mind talking one on one, but felt that this was a family outing. She shivered slightly, feeling an unfamiliar warmth in her heart when she thought of it that way. She had a family now.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-06-28, 10:57 pm

May was a bit surprised but went with it. "I..didn't know you could talk mentally. Can all your kind do that? And I'm fine, really happy I just get to spend time with my family right now. That includes you Surai."

This got Miranda's attention. "Really? Like a big sister?" She sounded excited.

"We'll..." May began. "I wouldn't want to just assume, so its really up to Surai but just being honest how I feel."

Dysis shook his head. "Do you have to ask? Of course I have no problem with that idea."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-06-30, 12:38 pm

"I apologize, I forget that thought-speak isn't common here. I really should've asked your permission first." she said bashfully, "Yes, when in this form, dragons communicate with our thoughts. We can hold multiple conversations at once as well, it's very useful." she told her, without going into the details that it was mainly used in fighting.

She felt warm and happy again, then perked her head up and turned her head to look at Miranda as she spoke with her mother. "A sister?" she said thoughtfully. Then she turned her head to look at Dysis, smiling though he probably couldn't tell. "That means that I'm your big sister!" she said cheerfully and chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-06-30, 1:21 pm

"Older?" Dysis questioned. "How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm 19." He was geuinely curious for the most part. She didn't look much older then him really.

"Do you live in a city Surai?
" Miranda asked, curious of her 'big sister' and where she lived. "Mommy grew up in the Demon Realm before she moved here. Grand parents are Korloydian." She always had a hard time saying those words.

"Kerlodian sweetie." May corrected as she walked along side. "To make more sense, I am human but I was adopted and ended up coming here a bit later."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-06-30, 10:57 pm

Surai chuckled, "I'm two-hundred and three. I was in my hundred and fifth year, if I remember correctly, when I first assumed a human form... So, I suppose, I'm ninety eight human years old. I'm quite young, though, for a dragon." she replied.

Miranda's question made her smile, really enjoying the conversation and being able to share the beauty of the way she saw her world now. "Oh no, little one. I live where the sky dominates the realm and nothing but soil and rock underneath. When I'm on my own, that is the place I like to be. Where the blue meets the orange rock and clouds dot the sky." She sighed, "It makes me feel so small, as strange as that may seem."

The dragon continued to smile, listening to them, though it didn't make a difference to her how Miranda pronounced the word. She still didn't know what creature a Kerlodian was. Though, this did make her pause a moment, "You're a demon?" she asked, a little surprised. She remembered what Dysis said earlier but she had never seen a demon assume a human shape. They were a random assortment of colors and, if they did take a human form, she never would've thought that they'd look as cute as May. "Please, tell me what demons are like. I am curious to know, because they're nothing like the ones on my world. Those are feral, but tameable, creatures. I think I like your demons more," she said and looked right at May, "If you're a demon, then I bet you must be the most beautiful one there is. I could not have imagined a demon to take a sweeter form than yours, May." she said honestly and truthfully. No sense of abashment in her words at all.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-07-01, 5:40 pm

May blushed a bit but smiled shaking her head. "Oh, no, you misunderstand. Like I said, I was adopted but I'm still human. There's multiple races in the Demon Realm, even humans but they're a minority there. Kerldoain's are actually a race from another world, their home was destroyed and they ended up in a place called the Demon Plains. When we get back home, I could show you some pictures."

She ruffled Dysis hair to his surprise, and slight annoyance but he was amused. "So my handsome son here and my beautiful little daughter are half vampires. The race of vampire is called a Nosferatu, they can control shadow powers. I'm just a plain normal human."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-07-01, 9:04 pm

Surai tilted her head, thoroughly confused, "I do not understand this term, 'adoption'. It's very confusing." she murmured. "You are human but parented by Kerlodians and gave birth to vampire children... Everyone would be fascinated with you, if you were to visit the flocks. Diversity is uncommon where I'm from. But I think that's mostly because we are separated by distance." she said thoughtfully.

She looked at May again, "Although things are peaceful here, I'm surprised you're so comfortable being around other races, May." she said then quickly corrected herself, "Not that I compare you to the humans where I'm from but... You are so fragile. Aren't you... afraid of other races?" she asked then murmured quietly, "I have never held a conversation with a human so, with it being a dragon's nature to seek knowledge, I want to know more about the way a human sees things."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-07-01, 9:18 pm

May paused, then gave a slow smile. "I could, but then that would be pointless to live constantly in fear. I'm fragile by myself, I'm not too strong. Any moment, without someone like you or Dysis around I would have to worry about someone bigger or stronger then me if they really wanted, could easily hurt me even if they were human. A car could hit me, I could be attacked by something else..in the end I don't worry about it. Most people are good people, I firmly believe that or we wouldn't come as far as we had here. Because if we always worry about what Can happen, we'll always restrict ourselves. I'm not naive enough to think it works everywhere..but, you just have to check your surroundings and avoid trouble before it starts. Not all races even have gifts too, after all.

As for Adoption..it means someone takes a child in you parents are gone or unable to take care of them. If for example, you were a child and I raised you as my own because you didn't have any parents around."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-07-03, 10:01 pm

May’s response made her go quiet for a moment before she breathed a deep sigh, “How I wish more people thought the same way you do, May.” She smiled at her, “You have a good heart and a gentle soul. I’m so happy that I got to meet you.” She said then looked at Miranda and Dysis, “All of you.
Surai thought about her second answer for a moment, “I think I know what you’re talking about. We don’t really have a word for it in the dragon tongue, but when a little one doesn’t have nesting parents they stay with dragons who want offspring but can’t. For…” she regarded Miranda’s little ears, “various reasons.” She left it at that.
By now, the group had been walking around and talking for well over an hour and emerged from the long trail out into another open field. There were a few more people present now doing various things. There were joggers, people walking their dogs or taking their children out to play. Others sitting under a tree and reading books; some even taking a nap in random spots. Surai was timid at first when seeing so many people in her dragon form but remembered what she’d been told about non-humans living in peace here.
She relaxed and picked up her speed slowly to let Miranda adjust to the pace; giving the girl some fun with the wind in her face. Surai went out ahead of Dysis and May, loping around in a circle around them before slowing down again, “How did you like that, Miranda?” she asked with a grin. “Much better than walking, eh? Just a little taste of flight, you could say.” She chuckled. “If it’s alright with May, I could glide slowly.” She offered and spotted a lake not far from them. “If it’s deep enough, the lake should work as a cushion if you fall off for any reason.” She said, knowing what it was like to worry about one’s own. It was a feeling she hadn’t experienced in a long time, but she had an idea of how May probably felt.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-07-03, 10:23 pm

(I'm going to time skip so Dysis and Surai can leave the thread and join the others)

May didn't want Surai to go, but it was time for her to leave. She had begged for her not too and other people could take care of it, that she didn't need to fight anymore but in the end relented. It took a moment though, May had been practically hysterical and Dysis calmed her down the most he could as well. It was more of fear of her going back, in that world and having lost other people she cared about already.

Both Miranda and May had clinged to Surai the day before it was time to leave. Miranda was rubbing her red eyes from crying and May was a bit subdued from her normal cheerful energy. They were going to take the trip to Nexus City and was at the airport. Dysis, like wise was quite. He decided he'd go along with Surai for her journey.

"Um..I got you something." May said a bit quitely, getting a basket and handing it to her. It had syrup, along with a few other snacks she made. "Just..thought you'd like something. There's a letter too to read when you leave for your trip, too."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-07-03, 11:13 pm

For the first time she felt guilty for leaving. Never before had anyone cared that Surai went to the battlefield; she never had anyone to welcome her home either.  Her head hung low as she tried not to look at May, her tail and wings drooped with sadness. When their arms wrapped around her, she had to hold back a little, scared she might crush them with her strength when she hugged back. “I shall miss you both; May and Miranda. I will not forget you, I swear.” She murmured, though her words were inaudible as she buried her face in May’s hair.
When they pulled away, May held something out to Surai and she slowly took it from her. “Thank you so much, May. Spending time with you and your family has been truly joyous.” She said quietly and gently took May’s hand in her own, kissing it lightly. “You can’t imagine how grateful I am to have had you all in my life.” She whispered.
The final boarding call was being made and Surai looked at Dysis, following him when it was time to go. She knelt down to Miranda’s level, kissing her forehead, “Be good, little one. But I don’t need to tell you that, do I?” she grinned. She took one last look at May, “Good bye…” she murmured and walked over to Dysis, joining him, and walking onto the plane with him. She couldn’t turn around, she might’ve done something if she did, and they walked onto the plane.
Once they were in their seats, Surai held the basket May gave her in her lap. Her eyes were fixated on it for a long time until a stewardess asked her to put it away. Despite her usual personality, Surai gave a defensive growl as her eyes turned dragon-like as she looked at her. The woman wouldn’t argue with her, she was a regular human, and kept walking by. After a few more minutes, Surai looked over at Dysis, “Should I open it now… or when we arrive at our destination…” she murmured thoughtfully. “I’ll wait until we get to Aenerald.” She said suddenly, “Or else I might… I might fly back…” she murmured, hunching her shoulders forward slightly. Surai closed her eyes, tilting her head toward Dysis slightly, feeling tired.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-07-03, 11:39 pm

Dysis wondered what he would face on Aenerald, he only had the stories of what Surai had told him and it felt like a place he had normally no desire to go to. But with Suai being there, he felt he had to go with her to help her in what he could. Of course, his mother had been less then pleased about it for good reason and it didn't do her nerves good to see them both go. Despite this, May, all things considered had held very well during their goodbyes for the trip.

He crouched down and hugged Miranda. "We'll both be back before you know it. Pinky sqaure on it, all right?" At first, Miranda only looked at him but took it, confirming the promise in a pinky square. There was no guarantees of that, he knew that logically deep down but not only could he not bring himself to say that, he refused to let that be a reality. He and Surai would come back, one way or another. At least he told himself that, it was better then thinking of the alternative.

May went over and hugged Dysis. "Please stay safe I-I don't want lose both of too..." She had a choked back a sob.

"Shh. Don't cry, we'll be okay." Dysis kissed her forehead. "Just have a nice meal waiting for me and Surai when we come back."

"Okay..okay.." May said the last part a bit more forcefully. "Go on ahead, you'll miss your flight."

It looked as if Dysis wanted to say something but realized there wasn't much more to say. He then silently left without another word. His overall mood was a bit more melchoy then normal as he sat by Surai, but it wouldn't do for both of them being sad. Easier said then done.

Miranda watched them leave. "They'll come back?" She almost sounded unsure, her voice small.

Her mother gave a tight smile. "I'm sure they will. Let's go back home..we can gather a few things for them to look at when they get back home. Okay?"

"You and me both." Dysis mumbled taking his seat then spoke mentally. "Mom will be fine, she's strong, so is Miranda more then she thinks. We just have to do our part before we can come back. I heard the news Earth Realm and their allies will be helping Aenerald. So its not a matter of "if" they win, but more "when". I know that sounds arrogant, but when you have a race of beings capable of making a device that can effect things on a planetary scale if they wanted and steam punk..its sort of a whole other game. All we need to do..is come back in one piece. I'll watch your back and you mine."

"..If I'm honest though..I'm almost nervous. I've gotten into fights before but never really a war. I wouldn't really know what to expect."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-07-04, 12:30 am

Surai nodded, eyes still closed, “May has proven her mettle, I have no doubt she will endure. Miranda too… very strongher thought voice was a light whisper. In regards to his next statement, Surai sounded nonchalant but it was more from weariness leaving those she cared about behind. “These allies must have legions of warriors, if victory is certain.” she replied. But Surai didn’t want to talk, or even think, of the war right now. She sighed and leaned over, cradling the basket in one arm, as she laid on Dysis’s lap; despite the arm rest digging into her side. The dragon was too tired, fatigued from feeling so bad, feeling sad or unhappy was very… unnatural for her personality. “Please wake me upon our arrival.” She murmured aloud, sighing deeply then going still save for a few slow breaths.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty2013-07-04, 1:03 am

(I guess we can end it here.)

Dysis didn't speak anymore about it, picking up her emotions about the subject so he let it drop. If only Surai knew about things, numbers didn't mean nearly as much as they used to. He was petty confident even if earth wasn't strong enough, for whatever reason between Alus, Eldar and the Patrians would be more then a match.

When Surai fell asleep, he moved just slightly to make her more comfortable. Almost idly he began stroking her hair but then stopped himself, looking at his hand then slowly placing it down. "..Hope you have pleasant dreams Surai..if anyone deserves that much its you.."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Two Peas In A Pod
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: New York-
Jump to: