The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Planetfall - Part I

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

Planetfall - Part I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetfall - Part I   Planetfall - Part I Empty2014-09-06, 2:58 pm

It was a rare day off for Michael Carver, rarer still that he was in New York.  An oddity, considering that was technically the city out of which he was currently based.  Nobus kept him busy, and as much as he enjoyed the work (or the long lulls of being on-call in case of an emergency), having some time to himself was never to be wasted.

He walked the bustling city streets, and occasionally glanced at his Nobus-issued smart device, on which was displayed a map of the city and a few points of interest.  Model kit shops mostly, at least for the moment.  He'd assembled his last back at the base a few days ago, and had been looking forward to picking up a few new ones once he actually had some free time.

He moved through the crowd easily enough; he was a New Yorker by birth, and had spent much of his life in the city, although he had to admit it was a little different these days then when he grew up.  More then just the usual humans were on the streets these days, and all seemed to be blended together surprisingly well.  He'd seen a lot in his time; hell, it had been only a few months since the last big stir of trouble with all those demons and weirdos trying for that orphanage.  They'd been pretty lucky with that one, and the city had already all but forgotten it.

He wore normal-person clothes today, another oddity for him.  Black cargo pants, although he still insisted on blousing his pants.  Black Magnum brand combat boots.  Damn things were near as comfortable as a pair of good sneakers.  A dark grey button-down shirt, tucked in proper-like.  He looked damn well presentable, although he hadn't shaved that morning.  Hell, it was his day off.  He could let it go this once.

Easily getting his bearings, he gave the handheld device one last glance to confirm the map, then tucked it away and pulled a pack of nicotine gum from his pocket.  He wasn't allowed to smoke on the streets, but he wasn't about to go find an alley to lounge around in to have a smoke.  It was while he was tossing the piece of terrible gum in his mouth that he found himself presented with an unusual sight that had him grinning in open amusement.  At least for a moment before he caught himself and stopped gawking like some idiot tourist.

A man sized rabbit-man.  Just as he thought he'd seen just about everything the world had to offer.  He'd nearly bumped into the creature, whom had emerged from a cafe and seemed to be looking for something.  Directions, likely.  It was easy to get turned around in a city like New York sometimes.  "You late for somethin', bud?"  A little joke; doubted the guy would get the off-hand reference of course, but it still made him chuckle in quiet amusement.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Rogue Gamer

Rogue Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Planetfall - Part I   Planetfall - Part I Empty2014-09-10, 9:11 pm

He frowned down at the curious little rabbit creature, then glanced around looking for a liaison officer or guide of some sort.  Clearly this little bugger hadn't finished his indoc and culture examine and all that other maddeningly boring paperwork and schooling.  Or maybe he just hadn't been any good at it?

He waved for he and Recondo to step to the side of the sidewalk, so they didn't draw any more angry glares or insults, while he tried to figure out what to do about the rabbit-man.  "Okay...well first, and no offense meant.   You're of legal adult age in your culture right?  This day and age, can never be too sure right?  There are people here that don't reach legal adulthood for two hundred freakin' years."

Once they were out of the way of all the foot traffic, Michael dug out his smart-device and knelt down at Recondo's level, squatting and leaning back against the front of the cafe the rabbit-man had just left.  That done, he pulled up a map program.  "We're here-abouts.  New York city, right?  France is over here.  Across the Atlantic Ocean.  About 3,600 kilometers.  Ball park, about four hours flight time these days, commercial.  Maybe $800 one way."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planetfall - Part I   Planetfall - Part I Empty

Back to top Go down

Planetfall - Part I
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: New York-
Jump to: