The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Operation Break Point

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-07-13, 4:22 am

Raja was shocked and upset but didn't say anything and Rick had a look of disgust. It shouldn't have surprised him the depths of depravity people could go through. He and Cloud more then most knew that very well through their experiences with Hojo in the basement and the like. Even if technically it was just Zack's memories that were there, but it almost felt as if he lived through these things himself for the most part.

Kiera didn't explode she just sighed. "Seems like there's always some mess going on. This..mess reminds me a bit too much of the Bados for my taste. I ain't gonna say nothing though, no worries."

"It'll cause more problems then it solves and your request, so my lips are sealed."
Rick finished, wondering to himself. This had gone for a hundred years? No wonder..
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-07-13, 12:25 pm

"Aha... yes... well..." Soresta hadn't thought of that yet, "I will try to think of a way to get the others to come around to you all." she tried to reassure them. Still walking and keeping pace, Soresta was grateful that they understood her reasons. "Thank you," she murmured, glad that it was easier for them to understand and keep to themselves while, somewhat, getting them up to speed on the condition of the planet. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be involving you all like this. I don't want to make you feel like you have to be here and that you have to do something. That's not my intention, it's just the way things are here... it's strange, describing our life to others. Like I said, our planet has been alone since our creation; no others have ever travelled here before."

Soresta was also interested in what Kiera said, "What are Bados?" she asked, "Sounds like the name for a demon, although the greater demons of this planet died out long ago."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-07-13, 12:38 pm

Tifa was about to respond, but Cloud beat her to it. "We had no choice but to help as soon as we saw what happened in that village..." His mind flashed back to Nibelheim, Corel, Sector 7... all places that, thanks to Shinra's greed, had been either destroyed or devastated beyond repair, the citizens losing their lives for no reason. "I'm familiar with dealing with tyrants..." And had every intention to deal with the ones here.

Tifa knew exactly what Cloud was referring to, and nodded firmly.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-07-13, 1:36 pm

Kiera nodded firmly to what Cloud said. "Damn right we are. As fer the Bados..they're a very advanced race off world. Pretty much all of them are bat-shit crazy. They go to planet to planet, then destroy the native population as a proof of conquest for their kind. Not before having fun with the people there." She said with disgust. "Bout..fourty years ago they got demolished in a war with Alus. They hate Alus and earth because they're both "mutt" societies to them. Meaning, a lot of half-breeds of different races. They got a stick up their ass about racial purity."

Rick listened and shook his head. "Messed up universe we live in. But Cloud is right, we aren't the type to hear things like this and not do anything. For us, it strikes a bit too close to home of..things back in our world. Were anyway. Things are better now then what they were but we have some ways to go."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-07-16, 12:14 pm

Soresta nodded, "Well, thank you. I'm not sure what I could ask of you though. Right now, the Fae are incredibly short-handed at the moment. We're not much use as fighters but make excellent healers and act more as assistants. When we cooperate with the Elves in joined attempts to fight back, we usually control the terrain and assist in setting up traps and barriers to hold their armies back. The Elves are the real warriors." she said then thought a moment. "If we should run across their leader or her second, I will definitely introduce you. You see, they had a plan to try and reach other worlds. Recently. I'm not sure if it worked but it certainly started something." she looked at them, "If you somehow managed to find our planet, then that means that this world is no longer lost among the stars." she said with a small smile, a glimmer of hope that had been forsaken for so long.

She shook her head after what Kiera had explained, "They sound terrible, as bad as the people here, only they've been to many worlds. I'm glad that Alus stopped them... although, I wonder, are there any survivors left?" she asked. Soresta didn't show it, but there was a bit of fear in her now. If Aenerald was suddenly open to space travel, and now their potential allies could show up and assist, then that meant that any manner of being was able to reach them as well; including remnant Bados or other vile races.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-07-16, 2:12 pm

Cloud paused in walking then, and pulled out a small capsule. Kiera had apparently picked these up from 'Earth' awhile back, and he already liked them. Very useful. He pushed the plunger and dropped it. With a puff of smoke, a locked chest appeared. Pulling out the key, Cloud unlocked it and opened it to reveal it was filled to the brim with Materia. "I think these could help." Tifa brightened, and turned to Soresta to explain.

"Ah! Sora, these are Materia, from our world. They are crystallized bits of our Planet's 'essence', the Lifestream. They allow us to use various magics, and they grow in power as they are used, allowing for the use of even stronger magic. Offensive, defensive, and even healing magic. Even summoning meteors to attack our enemies. I don't know if people here can use them, though I don't see why not, but I'm sure they will come in handy anyway, right?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-07-17, 5:07 am

Kiera shook her head. "Eh..I think there's a few here and there. Most of them pretty much fought to their last and didn't bother surrendering even when it was smarter to do. Best they go out with a bang. So..a few dozen here and there? At the most maybe."

Rick was about to comment when Cloud pulled out the materia. A slow grin began spreading. "Man..its been forever since I used one, but nothing beats having one of these as back up when you really need that extra kick."

"They'd work." Kiera shrugged a bit. "Energy comes from the lifestream but the power is its own, ya? Sides, if they relied on that don't think they would. This planet's essence has definitely seen better days."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-07-17, 12:33 pm

Soresta nodded, glad that at least the Bados probably wouldn’t attempt to join in when the real war began. Her attention was then drawn to the strange orbs that they procured from the strange device. She walked toward Cloud, curiously inspecting the spheres. Her hand reached out instinctively toward a Full Cure materia and the smooth surface radiated with warm light. Light crackles of static reached out and tickled her palm, making Soresta giggle softly. “How… amazing… I feel such pure energy from these. Untainted.” She said quietly, feeling that she was experiencing something special. “Magic like this has not been seen since before the war.” She explained, standing back and looking at them; leaving the materia in the box.

This ‘lifestream’ you speak of, the term can be translated as the power from the World, correct?” she asked then continued, “This world would have been lost long ago if not for the Ancient ones, spirits of mythical creatures of old that held enormous power,” she told them and reached up, drawing out a long necklace that was hidden beneath her bodice. At the end of the chain was a pendant, a crystal, no bigger than a snail, and within it was an even tinier, pointed object. “The tip of the unicorn’s horn, it enables me to commune with him. He is one of the few spirits left that keeps the planet’s wildlife alive. Without them… well, I wouldn’t be standing here, talking with you.” She sighed softly, putting the pendant back under her dress once they had gotten a look at it.

At the thought of the horn, Soresta went into deep thought for a moment. Events were starting to align and everything was settling into place; the way the stars predicted with their confusing patterns as of late. War would begin again, with a vengeance they hadn’t seen since it started and the planet would surely pay for the destruction. It would be her responsibility to appease the spirits, to keep what was left of the planet’s vitality intact.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-07-17, 2:11 pm

Cloud nodded. "Our world nearly died as well. A corporation called Shinra, they used the Lifestream to create Mako Energy. It was used as a source of power, and to infuse certain people with power, like myself and Rick. It was slowly killing the planet, but their worst mistake was Sephiroth..." He trailed off, and shook his head. "This Materia is only part of what I keep with me. It's created naturally by the planet, but also was manufactured by Shinra. I have several chests... best to be prepared. Materia allows for attacking, healing, protecting, boosting of physical capabilities, granting new abilities, summoning creatures to fight for you, and various other effects. I think, it would be a good idea to train at least some of your people, and the Elves you mentioned as well, in their use."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-07-17, 4:23 pm

Rick grinned a bit more. "Yeah, plus should help for breaking the ice when we finally reach the village that we actually brought magic that hasn't been seen in many years back. Cloud and Tifa know a bit more then I do. I was never much of a Materia guy."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-08-28, 12:21 am

The peril of other worlds didn’t surprise her much, after initial thought. Soresta thought that, in order for any race to make real strides in evolution and intellectual thinking, they would first have to settle any and all disputes before completely uniting as one to make such progress. These people here, now that she was getting to know them, seemed to be good overall.
She listened intently as Cloud went on to explain the various uses of Materia. His suggestion of training others made her nod quickly, “Yes, I’m sure that once we settle in that my people would be willing to harness this magic. Although,” she hesitated for a second, “It will take some convincing. I’m sure there will be those who would rather not rely on magic from beyond our world. “ she took a breath and went on to explain, “Natural magic is a rare gift only available to those that give themselves to it. Naturally, all of our leaders are capable of wielding some form of great magic because of various events in their lives that enabled their hearts and minds to accept the power…” she trailed, but decided that was the gentlest way to describe it. Corsa and Muiri both faced life or death situations that forced them to take the path of destruction magic, she on the other hand was forced to learn it the moment she could read.

The Fae tried not to dwell too much on it, she would only set herself up to compare herself then feel down about it. She quickened her step as they were nearing the first line of trees. Once past, she would feel more at home in her own element.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-08-28, 1:01 am

Cloud nodded a bit. "Makes sense..." He was silent after that, but Tifa moved next to Soresta, smiling softly.

"Well, even if they don't want to use the Materia, we will, and we'll do everything we can to help your people. Promise!"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-08-28, 11:51 pm

Kiera nodded. "Yep. Magic is a tricky subject. Ya got racial magic, learned magic or magic from other sources."

"Wonder if I could learn magic myself then.."
Rick said more to himself, thinking. "Anyway, what Tifa said. Me and Cloud have some experience with miltary so that'll help as well. Tifa and Kiera don't but have their own experience as well along with some other friends of theirs. Used to be part of a group where we come from."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-09-16, 9:25 am

((Hey guys, I'm so sorry for the longer-than-brief hiatus I took. For the sake of moving this thread along, would you be against skipping to when they get to the village? Or jump to where RogueGamer could join in, and whoever else was waiting until we were done?))
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-09-16, 2:47 pm

(It's cool. We can skip to them going to the village if you like. I'm sure Aviaris would have no problem with that. Rogue Gamer won't join until notably later. To give you a idea, Sinera, Gwendolyn, Erza and Sophita will join long before they do just not right away(portal incident that gets them separated) since the main idea was having a small group doing their own thing first before joining the bigger one)
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty2013-09-16, 3:18 pm

(Obligatory post to say go ahead since Sion's goofy.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Break Point   Operation Break Point - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Operation Break Point
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2