The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Politics Of Politics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

The Politics Of Politics Empty
PostSubject: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-04, 12:49 am

Sesshomaru wasn't sure of the exact details, except the all available members of the Demon Council were to be summoned for a very important meeting to discuss something that would potentially effect the entire realm. Something that would lead to war. Sesshomaru was not sure of the situation, he needed to hear more about it before he went with a decision. Kazenabi was also there, along with Lord Reifer. Apparently the meeting had greatly upset Iilara but again, he didn't know all the details.

He was a learned man though, and kept up with the politics of things for good or ill. On earth, in the newspaper he heard reports about this "Aenerald" place and how more then likely conflict would start. More accurately it was almost invetibale from what he had read.

The meeting room was already steadily gathering more and more members, Sesshomaru giving a nod here and there, or brief chat but mostly keeping it short except for those he had more respect for. He knew who else would be joining the meeting.

"Sesshomaru."

The voice belonged to 'Lord' Hideko who was a powerful demon. They had a slow grudge against his family, all because his mother Kazenabi was originally suppose to marry him. However, instead, the family decided Taisho was a better suited mate and lost in the ensuring duel as well. Of course, Kazenabi had final say in the end and wouldn't have chosen him regardless. This and other 'wrongs' in the centuries had fostered a slow grudge.

It just so happened Sesshomaru was part of that family it continued.

"Hideko.
" Sesshomaru responded simply, not using the lord title.

They looked at them, slightly graying hair from age that reached their shoulders as they came over. "I am somewhat surprised your pet cat and dragon did not accompany you."

Sesshomaru didn't visibly react, raising a brow. "I am surprised you're able to get out out of bed and know how to use a restroom. It seems we're both surprised."

"Hm. That's not a concern of yours."

"Neither are my mates. Do you have something important to say?"

Hideko snorted. "As to the point as ever. And to answer, no. I just wanted to see if kept on your toes. I'm sure we can have another heart warming discussion later, but there's more important matters to discuss so I'll bid you farewell."

"One of the few times we agree." Sesshomaru remarked dryly as they walked away.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-04, 3:23 am

"I wouldn't call that 'playing nice'; not for anyone else." A familiar voice calmly spoke to Sesshomaru as the seat adjacent to him was occupied by a slender woman with long, silver hair. "My, how you can be civil. Good boy." Asahina teased with a wicked smile as she fastened her spell book to her hip.

She understood the animosity that Hideko harbored for Kazenabi's kin. Understood, but looked down upon. While she was undeniably on Sesshomaru's side, it was always worthwhile to poke fun at him. Now wasn't the time to press the semi-friendly banter, unfortunately. Asahina gave a sigh and gracefully leaned forward over the table. "It is not often the full council is summoned. The claims of this world's misdeeds no doubt ring true." She was, of course, referring to Aenerald.

A very tall man of pale skin entered the meeting room. Arriving a few minutes before the discussion was scheduled; Lord Dagon Archeus was as prompt as ever. Opting to leave his guards at home, the demonic Lord kept a professional air about him. He gave but a familiar nod to a few of the other members about the room, Sesshomaru included. The nature of this meet was to decide the fate of many lives, after all.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-04, 4:00 am

Others filtered in as time passed. Seigan, Hojo, and Leila all arrived at roughly the same time, though while Seigan and Hojo sat together, both nodding politely toward Sesshomaru, Leila came right over, and plopped herself down in a seat near him. "Well, glad you could make it to the party, Sesshy. Was beginning to worry that Fala and Ruko had worn you out last night. Then again, I wasn't there, so perhaps the trifecta is needed to wear you out completely, hm?" She grinned, resting her chin on the palm of her hand as she looked over at him.

While this was going on, Demon King Miki arrived, taking her seat at the slightly raised platform of the council chambers, while the captain of her guard, Kurie, stood just behind her. It was unusual for her to sit in on council meetings, but not unheard of. More startling was the fact that she was already in her 'Demon King' form, her usual sweet nature replaced by a predatory look.

Others arrived, including the Scarlet Devil herself, Remilia Scarlet. She took a seat not far from Sesshomaru, a small grin on her lips. She said nothing, just looked amused for one reason or another.

Akane, and the red-headed woman, known to those in the chambers as Kallen, the new leader of the displaced people of Rischtaroch, arrived then. Iliara had opted to stay home, needed to calm herself. She trusted her husband to do what was right.

Last to arrive was Himura, dragging a surly looking Xavier into the room. They exchanged a few terse words, before parting; Xavier taking a seat next to a clearly displeased Akane, and Himura sitting over near Seigan and Hojo.... and then someone completely unexpected showed up, causing Akane to blink. "...Aska? What are you doing here? I thought you wanted no part of the Demon Council..."

The Heat Blood Queen nodded slightly. "That is true. But my people are fully aware of the goings on outside of our lands. We have heard of what is happening on this... 'Aenerald'. And while we usually stay out of the affairs of outside lands... you know our feelings regarding the treatment of children..." Her eyes darkened. "To think that those people could do such things... such things to children! Swyu koly... tu xdaak poddz bal swyelz... swyu qedd zyy swy rdalu ofk syllal swos ez swy Aosw ab Yfkefr!" She had slipped into her native tongue in her ire, but quickly calmed herself; people could see the steam slightly rising from her skin as her blood had begun to literally boil. She sighed heavily. "Podt uailzydb, Aska... My apologies for my outburst. Please, do not mind me. I am not a member of your council, but I will speak if needed, and I am here speaking for the Bleeding Plains, and all of it's people, by right given to me by them for this meeting."

This caused murmurs to pass through the chamber. She was speaking for the Bleeding Plains and it's people, not just the Heat Bloods? That was... monumental. That meant that if they went to war, then they would have the added might of the Heat Bloods, Kerlodians, Rynat... perhaps even some of the more intelligent beasts that roamed the plains, particularly Hroldigar. Not to mention the fact that just Keristrasza would be an army unto herself... or Loraine... now that, was a terrifying thought.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-04, 4:50 am

Sesshomaru nodded to his fellow Dog Demon. "So I have heard. The things I have learned is nothing to take lightly." He disliked Xavier was here, but there was nothing for it. He'd just ignore if he'd make his usual smart remarks. On the other hand, he may actually agree if for the simply reason to fight humans and do things while everyone was distracted. It was a possibility. Sesshomaru went to have a seat, knowing the meeting would begin soon.

He regarded Leila then. "Hm..we'll have to wait to see about that." It was hard to tell but he was partly teasing, and other half serious.

Lord Reifer came in, taking place of his wife for the time being. He was slightly worried..what had upset her that badly. He knew the details but seeing it was another thing. "Lord Dagon, pleasant surprise." He greeted the demon lord, then noted the others coming in. Aska was a huge surprise and hearing what was said..that was a big deal. It wasn't everyday she came here, never mind saying the people of the Bleeding Plains would be involved.

He had his own reasons for coming. What was done, and hearing about dragons..there was a strong reason for him being here. He promised Iilara he'd do the best he could while here, even if nothing came of this meeting he'd do whatever else he could.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-04, 5:45 am

Lord Dagon observed each of the other council members entering the hall. He looked upon Lord Reifer with a warm familiarity. "Lord Reifer. A shame that we are to meet under such unpropitious circumstances." He was on at least neutral terms with the majority of the council, but one face in particular was a less than welcome sight; no doubt a consensus among the other members. There would likely be turmoil brought on by Xavier at some point.

Things were quickly escalating, as Aska herself had decided to attend. Beyond this, her temper had begun to flare in the face of the atrocities taking place on Aenerald. Asahina smirked to herself. "Those in charge on that planet would do well to... disappear. I see no other escape or quarter, and it would seem that mercy is of depleted supply." If this meeting went as she assumed it would, this place's "problem" was to be short-lived.

Lord Dagon had already resolved to send whatever aid his country could afford. The crimes of Aenerald's dominating governance was unforgivable. If there was a chance at liberating the land itself, he was more than willing to contribute.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-04, 6:09 am

After everyone was seated, and the meeting called to order, Miki called attention. "Alright, you all know why you are here. A meeting was recently called in the Mortal Realm, in Nexus City, about what to do about this 'Aenerald' place. Real ass-backwards place, you know the like. Normally, we don't get involved in such things. Not really our business. However, considering what those fucknuts are up to, and our alliance with the Mortal Realm in general, we need to think about this, yeah? Now, apparently at this meeting, they showed a video of what was going on over there. I haven't seen it. Only Himura, Kallen, Akane, and Iliara have. Whatever was shown, was enough that Iliara is at home crying, Reifer taking her place. Now, that's pretty fucked up, we all know how calm she usually is. So you know this video is going to be... well, let's just watch the damn thing, see what's up."

Without further prompting, a magical screen appeared, and the video began playing....
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-04, 1:21 pm

Lord Sesshomaru turned his attention towards the magical screen and simply watched. At first, he kept his normal calm but as he began watching there was subtle signs he was disturbed by the things he saw. It peaked when he saw things being done to children. It couldn't help make him think of Elsie and her being back there and that made his anger spike more. His eyes glowed red faintly, and his grip tightened as he forced a calm behind his normal stotic mask.

Reifer reacted in a similar way, but the dragon portion struck a big nerve with him as well. He knew things like that happened, and they would probably always would in some form as long as sapient beings did. But still seeing something like this..

Kazenabi actually had to briefly excuse herself when she arrived and saw the children part before she came back. When she did, her face was a mask of almost eerie calm.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-05, 11:59 am

Lord Dagon reclined in his seat and watched the video in silence, arms crossed and his left leg crossed over his right. He showed no emotion as the scenes changed, but he was in the same emotional state as the rest of the room. Knowing of the cruelty that transpired there was one thing. Seeing it would have sent Lord Dagon into a blind rage were he any less in control of his emotions. Speaking was an impossibility for a short while.

Asahina covered her mouth as she viewed the on-screen video. She was barely able to hold back a retch when the children appeared. How could a civilization spiral so far out of control that such acts would become acceptable? 
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-05, 1:36 pm

When the video ended, there was mostly silence. Akane and Kallen both had their heads bowed after having seen this once again. Remilia's usual grin had been replaced by a disgusted scowl, and Leila looked like she was both fighting back tears and trying not to throw up. Himura was simply scowling.

Miki's eyes were wide, but she soon schooled her features. She was about to speak, when a sizzling sound became rather prominent in the silent room. Aska seemed to be an even darker shade of red than normal, steam billowing off of her skin in such a way that it seemed to form an aura. Her nails had dug into her palms, blood dripping down onto the floor, and starting to eat through it. "....Aska, I understand you are upset, but calm down, yeah? If you explode over there, we won't get anything done." The Heat Blood Queen looked up at that, eyes wild, but stiffly nodded before trying to calm herself. And then there was a short bark of laughter from Xavier.

"Okay, this is just ridiculous. Why should we give a damn? It's not like it affects us, or even the other people involved in this thing. It's a bunch of stupid humans using non-humans as fuel, right? Who cares? It's their own fault for letting the humans take control." He was about to continue, but was suddenly hit with the weight of an oppressive energy and killing intent, focused on him. He glanced around for the source. Miki was very powerful, to be sure, but not THAT powerful... ah, of course. Remilia.

"I think we've heard enough from you, Xavier. You're opinion is noted, but unwanted. So, care to be quiet and let the important people make the decisions, hm?" Xavier held up his hands as if in defeat.

"Sure, sure. Whatever you say. Just figured if they want to do this shit, let em. The way I see it, they're purging the weak from their planet. If a couple of brats have to suffer for it, too bad, it's progress." He chuckled a bit, despite the outraged whispers and cries from other parts of the room. Even Himura looked like he might just kill Xavier himself, plans be damned... and then Xavier doubled over, clutching at his chest, before blood,visibly boiling, began to pour from his ears, nose, mouth, and even his eyes, his skin rapidly reddening. Aska's eyes were focused on him, rage filling her, and Xavier actually began to scream in pain as his regeneration kept repairing the damage done, only for it to repeat the process. "Make.... the bitch.... stop....now!"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-05, 1:50 pm

Kazenabi scowled at Xavier, really wanting to just kill him and had been for a while waiting for just about any excuse to do so. She had known him for a while and he had apparently "changed a new leaf" but she was no fool and knew otherwise. Pretty much everyone who kept a eye on him and knew Xavier for a while knew that, too. It was just the fact it couldn't be proven, but otherwise she was waiting for him to slip up so she or someone else could kill him without raising a fuss at some of the council members.

She was going to say something--or perhaps do something when Aska acted first before she could.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-08, 2:22 am

Asahina had expected Xavier's oh-so-wonderful input on the situation at hand. She had hoped he'd lost his voice or recently taken a vow of silence. At the moment, however, his words actually stung. She wasn't the type to run out and play hero, but there was no way she could turn a blind eye to such suffering. For him to brush off such a horrific sight... Asahina knew her magic would do next to nothing to him, but she was considering slicing him up to the best of her ability when his blood was set to a boil. That was... pretty damned entertaining.

Lord Dagon remained completely still. Xavier was far too ignorant for his own good. A little discipline was good for him. Besides, he wouldn't die from something such as this. Lord Dagon reclined and simply watched.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-08, 2:30 am

Xavier continued to struggle with the pain, before finally collapsing and beginning to convulse on the ground in pain, blood beginning to come through his skin. Finally, though, it stopped, and Aska turned away, her eyes cold as she glanced around the room. "...No matter what is decided here, those of the Bleeding Plains will go to Aenerald. The Demon Council has no authority over us, so there is no changing that fact."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-08, 2:36 am

Reifer didn't as much flinch at what happened to Xavier, far as he concerned he deserved that and more. Only reason he didn't get rid of him himself was because of politics. And politics were always getting in the way of other things at times to get something done. Aska's declaration came at no surprise, that was true and had always been for the most part. It made him grateful others were "outside" the system as it were and could act more freely. Everything about the situation made his hackles rise.

For now, he waited for the other Demon Council members to get their bearings and get a vote going, there was really nothing else to be said.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-08, 4:02 am

Lord Dagon finally leaned forward and cleared his throat. "Speaking of our decision, I believe now is as good a time as any to continue?" He spoke in a much calmer tone than he could possibly have mustered only moments ago. "I believe the majority of this room, barring one soul, has reached some sort of consensus. Crimes of such enormity cannot be allowed to continue. If a vote is all that is required to supply aid, let us get the formalities out of the way."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-08, 4:06 am

Here, Himura chimed in. "Wait just a moment. I understand the sentimental reasons for joining this fight, but need I remind you all, that this fight in no way affects us. The Demon Realm is in no threat from Aenerald. To send our people into war, where some will inevitably die no matter the strength of our armies, for a cause that has no bearing on them, is not a decision to be made for the sake of pure sentimentality."

Nobody seemed to care that Xavier was struggling to get back up, and into his seat.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-08, 4:46 am

"Oh, but they are
." Kazenabi disagreed. "In the strictest sense, you're correct. As they are now, even if they choose to invade, they would have to get past earth first. And we all know how that would turn out. However, already, somehow they've been finding ways to places on earth. Do you know where Aenerald is, Himura? It's literally in another galaxy. At the moment, their current techology level is only what people may call 'steam punk' though arguably a bit higher. My point is, if they do that now already, start to imagine years from now."

"Eventually, they would spread. Once they get that done and the technologically means to do so, we'll I'm sure you can imagine what other places they'd set eyes on. Earth and the Demon Realm are immensely connected, its very easy to see where I'm going with this. The Demon Realm has a lot of space to cover and land, they could smuggle in some of the 'off to grid' places gradually. We may beat them, but not without losing civilians in the process."

"They're just humans." Hideko said dismissively. "Normal, humans at that. Why worry?"

"Need I remind you that the most dangerous race people know of, was the Nalga? They had no powers either."

"Nonsense." Hideko shook his head. "It's a strawman, Taisho and a very foolish one. The Nalga were a race that's intelligence was pretty much on the supernatural. And you're comparing them to a bunch savages on a close to dead planet with steam toys. It's apples and oranges. If anything that's a insult to them."

Kazenabi sighed. "You're missing the point. My point, I'm trying to make is, there comes a point where brain and techology exceeds average natural ability. For example, if I had the ability to very easily level a country and mass produce it, that would work better then against someone who only has a limited amount of inviduals with that kind of ability. Sure, I could train more to reach that level of power, but while that takes years, the other side can pump them out in months, and in quantity no doubt."

Hideko grunted but shut up, grudgingly admitting Kanzi had a point. She continued.

"I'm not proposing anything to extreme, I think. Between Alus, Eldar, earth and the Patrians..it's more then enough. Even if the rumors of Aenerald having allies with the Bados is indeed true. We could still however send a small unit to mostly observe or render some aid. It would work to both our benefit, and it would strictly be volunteer. It's not just sentimental..there's practical reasons for it, to at least observe."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-11, 4:12 am

"While the threat of invasion is always present, we cannot say for sure whether or not this particular instance poses us with an issue." Lord Dagon agreed with Kazenabi in part. "Assuming whatever measure of contact they've held on Earth has staged reconnaissance, they would know their forces currently stand no chance against them alone. They would also know of their connections and resources to some extent. Given the potential gain of conquering Earth, it would be understandable they attempt to do so if they had the means."

He gestured toward Kazenabi. "Under this logic, the scenario you have proposed rings true. Unfortunately, we have no proof this is the case at this time. Suppose in the future they would simply abandon Earth, deeming it too dangerous to encroach upon? Suppose they seek to ally with them, only to be turned away by threat of war? All speculation at this time, and in no way an indication of our involvement on this matter. Sending soldiers to battle by our own predilection is a step further than I'd intended. Further discussion on that matter is certainly required beforehand. However, I agree that the notion of a threat is indeed possible. It would be far better to address potential problems before they've the chance to become actual problems. Lending our assistance could be as simple as sending supplies to the forces that seek to remove the world's abhorrent system. It is the least we can do in interest of avoiding their advance into our world, and the minimum we can afford in lieu of the information we've all received just now." The images showed on that screen would forever be burned into his memory. Lord Dagon continued steadily.

"Not one of us, in good conscience, can simply ignore these acts and do nothing. Our involvement, large-scale or not, will no doubt attract unwanted attention from the enemy; Yes, I consider them as such. Better our involvement begin now, while their forces are unable to march upon our world, and minimize the homestead threat. Should individual nations or territories decide to send greater forms of assistance, that is their choice."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-11, 12:32 pm

Once again, murmurs spread, and Himura seemed to be deep in thought. Finally, Miki spoke up again. "It seems to me, that we've already made a decision to help, eh? Just need to decide in what way. I like Lord Dagon's approach; the individual powers will decide how they will help. We already know that the Bleeding Plains will be sending a war party. What do the rest of you wish to do? I'll help arrange transportation."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-07-16, 10:08 pm

Reifer finally spoke again. "That sounded like something I would propose. That being said, I was thinking of sending a small party, as a mobile security force. I'll discuss the situation back at home on who is interested. The team would also serve as a constant feed back for us to let people here in the Demon Realm what the situation on the ground is."

"The Taisho clan is..very small these days, regretfully."
Sesshomaru admitted slowly. "Therefore we don't have much in direct aid. That said, we do still have a lot of resources at our disposal. We can render aid as we see fit. One thing though, it should go without saying but bares repeating anyway. Any direct contact should also let those already active what is going on. The last thing anyone needs is confusion or incidents because of a small over sight. That, and it would be prudent what everyone is doing and where. That way no one gets in the way on accident."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty2013-10-15, 2:46 am

Lord Dagon thought to himself as he listened to the others' plans for assistance. "Kaalastine can afford to contribute additional provisions and weaponry for the active soldiers. We've little manpower to spare, unfortunately. Our soldiers are currently on deploy at our own borders. Should our situation improve before this situation is resolved, reinforcements shall be dispatched. Until then, we shall send food and supplies as a show of support."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Politics Of Politics   The Politics Of Politics Empty

Back to top Go down

The Politics Of Politics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Off Worlds :: Miki's Domain-
Jump to: