The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

On The Fritz

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-07-25, 11:45 pm

Calvin Hobbs has woken up in many places before. However now it was different. Now as he looked out his window he didn't see a brick wall or a back alley. He saw Nexus city. About a year ago he was recruited into the Nexus Portal Authority. They were a division of Nobus tasked with monitoring the various portals and dimensional rifts that seem to pop up from time to time.

Calvin hurried and finished getting ready for work. Transit was easy in the most advanced city in the world. (His opinion) While earth hadn't established themselves well in the space travel industry they have dimensional travel down pat. He made his way to his car and used the auto pilot function to take him to work. He had a very important job there. It was his job to help monitor global activity. He was proud of that job. It made him feel important. There were one or two things he could do without while working there but he tolerated them because he liked his job.

Calvin arrived at work 15 minutes early just like every day. He did this because his work offered a complimentary breakfast every morning because they wanted their agents alert. He walked in and made a sandwich out of two waffles and some ham. He also grabbed an orange juice and some milk. When he was finished eating he grabbed some granola bars and shoved them in his pocket. Time to get to work. He wasn't overly popular at work however he wasn't unpopular either. He simply meshed with a different crowd.

He made it to his station with a minute to spare. He logged in and was about to sit down when "HOBBS!!! GET IN HERE!!!" The aforementioned thing he didn't like about working here. His name was Fritz Gibbs. Director of Operations. Calvin sighed and walked into his office.

He was an older man. Slightly balding with salt and pepper hair. He used to be an active military man until he was transferred to Nexus. He was built like a line backer once upon a time. However time and his wife's cooking had dulled the edges so to speak. He had gained some thirty or forty pounds over the years and it wasn't muscle. He always seemed like he was under too much stress. There was the tell tail vein sticking out of his forehead in the shape of an "X".

Calvin was looking at that vein right now. There were two other people in his office right now. Conway, Simmons and Hardy were already standing at attention. Calvin stepped in line. When the director began speaking he was yelling about some portal that had opened up in Seattle Washington and how it was our faults for not seeing it before now. Calvin had just gotten there, though he wasn't about to mention that or that the early warning system needed maintenance for the past month. He and others had submitted reports on the matter already. He was told that they were passed on to maintenance. He would more than likely have to do it himself later.

When Gibbs was finished with his weekly rant they were kicked out of his office with the promise that he was going to keep his eye on them. Calvin sat down at his desk and started yet another report on the early warning system.

A few minutes later there was a blip on his screen. Calvin froze.

Stans his supervisor walked over "Hey Calvin What's wrong?"

Calvin looks to the supervisor. "I... I think I saw another Hellmouth spike, however it was very small. More like a blip than anything. I dunno if I should report it as activity or or just write it off as an echo."

The Supervisor nodded for a moment. "How's Gibbs's mood?"

Calvine shook his head. "He just got through drilling us for not seeing the Hellmouth years ago. So not so good."

Again the Supervisor nodded "Echo then. If it happens again we'll deal with it."

Calvin nodded and typed his report on the flag. Relief washed over him.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-07-30, 4:21 am

It didn't take long for Daisuke and the rest to arrive in Nexus City. If you wanted to get too and from a place quickly, this was the place to do it. Being part of Nobus, travel was far easier then it was with normal people. Not counting those who could teleport and the like. Ever since they had started the trip, his mind had been wandering over a few things. First was the club, the Bronx. Why had they set it up there on a Hellmouth of all things? The only answer that made sense was they had built it there before it was discovered.

That place also was home to some to a diverse crowd. Mostly humans, but he saw a Ralplim and if his sensors were accurate a god. The later was something you didn't see everyday. Though most people would be surprised of how many simply blended in trying to live normal lives for a bit. Daisuke could only guess that the grand stuff got old and a more mundane pace was needed.

The place was also home of the D.E.O.A(Dimensional Embassy of Affairs) where various important people gathered of the political kind from various realms. It was branched off to other parts of the world from what Daisuke knew, but this was one of the main one's. Daisuke had little interest in politics but it was part of his job to keep at least 'cliff notes' of need to know information like that.

He was also wondering about the dimension Jack Knight and his crew came from. It was something to ask.

When their ride stopped, they all exited out finding themselves in front of the Nexus Portal Authority building. Daisuke just wanted to talk to Gibb's for a second and check one or two things out before heading straight to Japan. Jack Knight and the others being unknowns probably wouldn't be able to just walk into the check points with all their weapons, but common sense would say that would be the case.

"Damn, this place. I haven't been here in years."
Athar said more to himself.

Daisuke nodded. "Same here. I usually just call." He began walking. "I've been meaning to ask. In your home realm, is there other races besides humans? I notice you guys didn't as much raise a eyebrow to seeing Keiko's wings or much of anything else here."
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-07-30, 4:49 am

The Major ordered his team leave their weapons on the transport. Looking around this place was a bit more advanced than he was used to. It seemed instead of spending resources to expand out into space they focused on dimensional travel. A dangerous undertaking however it seemed this facility was made to monitor and control to an extent the dimensional travel.

"Wow!!! Nice digs! So is this the Nobus facility?" Sanchez asked still in awe. Fox tapped his shoulder and pointed out a sign. He looked and nodded slowly. "I knew that."

The Major kept his game face on. "Can it." He spat to his crew then he addressed Daisuke's question. "Son we've seen everything from aliens to hell beasts. Supernatural to Sci-Fi. As part of the U.A.C. Colonial Space Marines R.R.T.S. we're trained to effectively handle and if necessary neutralize any situations." there was a sense of pride in his tone.

Sanchez took a step forward "Um, Major, He just asked if we had seen beings like those before. Not our credentials."

The Major simply looked to Sanchez "Shutting up Sir."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-08-02, 6:08 pm

Daisuke cracked a small smile. "Then, I'm going have to hear more about where you guys come from if this kind of stuff isn't anything new to you. When we get a bit of downtime anyway. But to answer your question, it is. Basically what we use to monitor dimensional things. This is the main one."

"Wouldn't be the first time though." Athar pointed out.

"Nope. And not the last. But curiosity killed the dragon." Daisuke continued walking, Hanks was quite and Keiko was as well. The kid was normally pretty quite when it came to newer people. "I can't remember the exact date but Nexus City was formed a long time ago. Basically, on this version of Earth its like a nexus to a lot of other realms. So really the options were adapt or die, we adapted and here we are. Some realms are hostile like the Abyss, some are allies and others are neutral. So in a way its almost like earlier earth history when all the countries were scrambling together and forming."

When they entered the main building, it seemed in someways more advance then on the outside. It was definitely busy, with people going too and from various parts of the building.

Daisuke spotted one of the guards and went over. "Is Gibbs currently in? I want to talk to him real fast about something. About a Hellmouth."

A new updated pic of Nexus City. I think it does it more justice.

On The Fritz Megastructure_by_Hideyoshi
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-08-07, 11:41 am

The guard looked up and over Daisuke's uniform. "Yeah he's in. From what I hear he's in rare form today. The incident in Seattle was... well... Let's just say he takes this job a bit too seriously."

The Major stepped up. "Just be glad he is son, if you'd seen half the shit I've seen your fuzzy little head would explode. Now step aside and let the man conduct his business."

The guard stepped aside and waved the people through. "Go on ahead. I'll let him know you're coming."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-08-07, 3:24 pm

"Thanks."
Daisuke continued to head to where Gibb's usually was. If he wasn't in his own office then he was somewhere else. He was used to front line work and though he had to slow down and do the job here, part of him always would be a soldier. It was like a tiger that was too older to hunt more dangerous game and had to settle for rabbits instead. It still fed you, but it wasn't nearly as much as the things before it.

"Personally, I think once we get things going enough we should start expanding in space more. That's basically our achiles heel. As strong as earth is these days we're kinda hurting when it comes space. It's gonna mean jack and shit if they just glass the planet. Sure, we have Alus and the Z-Fighters to take care of it but we can't rely on em forever. There's aliens in space that would love to do just that."

Hanks nodded slightly. "It's expensive though, sir. I don't think its going to happen as soon. I guess it depends on how some meetings go at the World Council."

"Hate politics." Athar grumbled.

"Yeah. Can't live with them, can't live without them." Daisuke reached Gibb's office and knocked.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-08-07, 3:47 pm

From behind the door came a loud and obviously annoyed voice. "WHAT!!!" Then there were the sounds of foot steps. "Goddamn kid, can't he do anything without my having to wipe his ass?" came the mumbling. The door swung open, "What!" Then his eyes refocused. "Oh Um... sorry sir. Please come in."

He waved his hand to some chairs in the front of his desk. Gibbs himself walked over to his chair and started mopping up spilled coffee. He sat down "Can I assume you're here about the incident in Seattle Washington?"

The Major and his men stood at ease since there weren't enough chairs.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-08-09, 9:53 pm

Daisuke gave a half smile. "The tech kids must be really driving you nuts. And relax, no need for the formalities here. But yeah, it does. There was a actual breach, but it was taken care of." He nodded to the major and his men. "If not for them coming around the time that they did, a lot of people could have been hurt. There's a owner of the Nightclub Bronx, its right in the middle of those things. Apparently, the original owner suckered them end. I'm half the mind to track who ever the son of the bitch was."

Honestly, trying to make that into profit instead of letting Nobus or someone know. Some people lost their minds at even the prospect of big cash.

"Anyway, we have things locked down, for now. We're going to set up some place closer, monitor it. Major Jack here comes from another dimension and his unit has a lot of experience with these things. He has a report of how things were, its eight months old but it could help just in case. I'd like to make copies of it starting here. Give them to the big wigs, like the president and such. Can't afford to be too careful."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-08-09, 10:16 pm

Gibbs nodded "We got a lock on the energy signature when the portal opened and we have it logged. This way we can search for other breaches. From my understanding those ruptures are quite old and we've only recently calibrated out equipment to detect a breach like them." He pressed a button on his desk. "Hobbs, get in here!" He looked to Daisuke "Hobbs is the technician who detected the breach. So i'll have him debrief your man there."

Soon a man walked in "Yes sir? Y-you wanted to see me?"

Gibbs nodded "I'm gonna need you to debrief the Major and his men. When you're done I want you to make copies and send them to the World Council and Nobus."

Hobbs nodded. He stepped back and waved a hand. "Right this way sir." He said and led the Major to a briefing room. "Please have a seat while I get things ready."

Gibbs watched them leave "It's our hope that we can detect a breach by monitoring certain energy wavelengths. Is there anything else I can do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-08-09, 10:44 pm

"I wonder how many Hellmouths are there.." Hanks said more to himself.

"Don't know." Athar grumbled. "Just one's enough." Keiko gently patted him on the arm at that.

"Nah." Daisuke said. "For now, just wait. But we haven't talked in a while so might as well while things aren't on fire. So how have things been here? And how have you and your family been doing?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-08-09, 11:02 pm

Gibbs stood and walked over to his coffee maker. He poured four cups of coffee and passed them out. "Since Sasha and I got back together it's been great. There's still the stress of the job but that comes with the territory." He sipped his cup. "Abigail is doing better. No more fights at school and she's seeing some kid by the name of Luther. He's got a good head on his shoulders but I have to give him a hard time. It's in the father's hand book."

He settled back in his chair "So how 'bout you? How's the wife and kiddo?"

He looked to Hanks "Oh and as for the Hellmouths, it's uncertain."

Hobbs had finished getting the recording equipment set up and grabbed a note pad. "Okay, ready when you are."

The Major took a seat and took a deep breath.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-08-10, 12:36 am

Daisuke paused just for a moment, then shrugged. "They're doing all right. My wife has been fussing over me a bit worried, but that's normal. And my little girl..been bouncing off the walls. Like usual." He mused. "She never seems to get tired, but she makes my day. Other then that Lia's been doing fine. Ever since she ditched her desk job to work as a teacher for kindergarten she's been a lot happier. One of the best things she did all those years back."

Athar listened quitely, then spoke up. "Has there been anything else unusual going on lately?" He said to Gibbs, drinking some of his coffee. Daisuke wasn't keen on the stuff unless he needed the energy, but every once in a while was perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-08-21, 3:57 am

Gibbs looked to Athar "Just some minor business here and there. For the most part we have everything under control." He looked back to Daisuke "That's great. You two should come over for dinner one of these days. Sasha would love to have you."

He was about to take a sip of his coffee when Hobbs burst in the door. Once again he spilled all over himself. "SIR!!! We have a situation in China! It's big!"

(Moments earlier in another room)

Hobbs was excited about conducting this interview. He had never actually talked to someone from a parallel universe before.

The Major was about to give a recount of the events of the events prior and during his experience in hell when a man burst in the door. This startled Hobbs *This must be how Gibbs feels.* came the thought.

"Sir! We have a situation in China." The Arkon woman handed over a datapad and Hobbs looked at it. His eyes widened and he looked to the Major. "Excuse me!" He said quickly and dashed out of the room.

Soon he was at his superior's office. He slammed into the door twisting the door knob. This threw the door open. "SIR!!! We have a situation in China! It's big!"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-08-30, 3:36 am

Daisuke cursed mentally. Five damned minutes.

Oh well, no use bitching. He turned to them, making sure his team was ready. "A spike? What kind?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-08-30, 4:01 am

Hobbs looked at his datapad and back to Daisuke "The power sig is unknown. However it was big." There was a tap on his shoulder and he nodded. "Let's get to the control room." He said as he turned.

Hobbs led the group down the hall and through several security check points before coming to a set of doors. They slid open. Then trip took several minutes.

Hobbs sat down at his station, put in his ear com and pulled up his display. He snapped his fingers and waved his hand to a table. A holographic image followed and there was an area in Hong Kong. "This is where the energy spike occurred." He clapped his hands and widened them, the image zoomed in. "Oh shit! That's a Nobus building." He looked to Gibbs.

Gibbs in turn looked to Daisuke. Hobbs put his hand to his ear. He looked at Gibbs. "What is it now Hobbs!?" Hobbs clapped his hands again and waved his hands clearing the glowing table. "There's been another spike. Same signature, but.... on a more massive scale." He brought up another lay out. This one was in the mountains by a lake.

The numbers were high dangerously high. Then suddenly, they were gone. Hobbs ran back to his station and hit some keys in an attempt to find it again. "Dammit!" He looked to Gibbs "What do we do now?"

Gibbs moved to his station. "Get a record of the energy spikes that have that sig and triangulate. We know he's in or near Hong Kong let's see if we can narrow it down." He too put in an ear com and stood at his monitors. He looked to Daisuke "You got some people in China?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-09-08, 11:51 pm

Daisuke felt a headache coming on. Out of all times, and it had to be clear across the world out of his reach. The only reason they were able to get Seattle, Nexus city and such so quickly because of a few things set up. China was a lot more isolated compared to the others, so there was no easy fixes.

"I know there's a Nobus branch but I don't know anyone there personally." Daisuke said. "..I could try to contact agent Aki and Emina, I know them and I think they were around that area."

Definitely no promises though..

He grabbed the cell, flipping through the numbers and tapped it in.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-09-15, 9:01 pm

Hobbs looked to Daisuke "I'll get you the coordinates..." He began typing... Then stopped "What the hell?!"

Gibbs looked over "What is it now?"

Hobbs typed some more "I-I seemed to have lost the signal... Last known reading.... Hong Kong." He said and looked to Daisuke he then punched the coordinates on the screen. "There you go.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-10-05, 3:31 pm

Nothing. He couldn't get anything. Figures.

Daisuke grunted partly with frustration and put away the phone. "..Hong Kong, that's hell of a far ways away. It would take a long time to get there and by the time we do it might be gone." If the China government hadn't been insistent with portal access to and from for security reasons. There was people who had the ability to teleport or had portals but nobody he knew of right here at the moment.

He'd try one more call to somebody else, if not they were going to be SOL as far as anyone getting there anytime soon. Besides the people already in Hong Kong, that is.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-11-06, 10:54 pm

Gibbs nodded "I guess all we can do for now is monitor and advise." He looked to Daisuke "Sorry sir."

The Major walked up. He pointed to the control system. "That's kinda like the arc technology, Couldn't you like just make it a one way trip?" He reached in his pocket and pulled a Zippo lighter and sparked up his cigar.

Hobbs looked to the Major, "First off, no we can't. The arc technology recovered from the Mars project was so badly damaged it couldn't be salvaged. Not even for reverse engineering. Creating a one way portal without an anchor could send your parts anywhere in the multiverse. And second of all... t-there's no smoking in here sir."

The Major looked at Hobbs and seemed to... growl at him. Then he took the cigar into his mouth and chewed it. Hobbs swallowed thickly. *Wow! He's hard core.*
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-11-21, 1:39 pm

Daisuke didn't like that fact, but he had a point. The best he could do would be to let people closer to that location in on things, but chances are they probably already picked it up. Mar's project? I don't remember hearing about that. We don't have the tech send anybody to mars just yet.

Athar blinked at what the Major did then the half ogre chuckled. "I think we'll get along just fine."

"Can't have a heart attack everytime something goes wrong on the job, otherwise we'd all have strokes." Which was true enough, he turned to Gibb's. "I hate to do this but I have to get going soon with Athar. I need to get something in order for the Major and his crew for housing. They're from a different dimension but they're still marines and I respect that. Hanks, could you stay with Keiko here for a moment? Since you live here anyway."

Hanks thought about it then nodded. "Okay sir." Keiko nodded in affirmative to that.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2012-11-22, 9:58 pm

The Major nodded to Athar's comment. He looked to Hobbs. "So there is a Mars project here?"

Hobbs nodded, "Yeah it's all unmanned drones and robots piloted by remote. We don't have the technology yet to send a manned expedition to the planet. According to Popular Science it'll be another ten to fifteen years before that. Unless the Alusarian Government parts with some of their space ship technology. For now Weyland-Yutani is the only privately owned company that can afford to launch such an operation."

The Major nodded "What about the Union Aerospace Corporation?" He folded his arms.

Hobbs shook his head. "Never heard of them." If they existed he would have.

The Major nodded again. Then he looked to his team. "Fallout." He grunted and made to follow Daisuke.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty2013-01-20, 9:34 pm

Daisuke nodded a bit. "We're heading out. You two take care, and if anything else pops up let us know."

A quick ride and they arrived at the apartment complex Hank spent most of his time at but sometimes Keiko Athar and the others did as well. It was mostly just those first two as room mates.

Hanks turned to his guest. "There's about two extra guest rooms, they're pretty plain so if you want can decorate them later."

"There's a pull out bed somewhere, I'll have to find it.
" Keiko said. "Anything else just ask while you're here."

On The Fritz Darriensplace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On The Fritz Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Fritz   On The Fritz Empty

Back to top Go down

On The Fritz
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: Elsewhere :: Other Loations :: Nexus City-
Jump to: