The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Two Peas In A Pod

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2011-10-29, 3:35 am

Dysis actually smiled a bit. "..Sure. I don't mind. And Surai? You don't have to be so meek. Me and..pretty much everyone in my circle really are pretty laid back." Something in the back of his mind told him he should stop. Getting attached to her or letting his family getting attached was a bad idea if she was going to leave.

But he shook off that notion. There might have been some merit to that, but he was nothing else if not stubborn and he wasn't going to let things fade away just because you were scared of the future.

After all; you only lived once.

"As for what else, I'll show you.."

The food took some more time in preparation but it was finally done so Surai would get her first taste of the stuff. May had come in to eat as well, still looking tired but otherwise fine. Miranda, being too short, had to take a few phone books to sit on. Though not nearly as strong as her brother naturally, she was still strong for a child of her age simply because of what she was. That was why it wasn't that surprising she could move the large phone books with no problem; though the site was a bit comical.

"You really outdid yourself son." May said happily after tasting a bit of the food.

"It's nothing." Dysis didn't like to be flattered. To him, there was no reason for it. He didn't know why, maybe it was something he picked up from his father. He did about everything quietly and worked hard and never once expected praise for it. "It's just what a man does."
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2011-10-29, 10:48 pm

She blinked and made a surprised growl in assent, few had bothered to address it. Just smelling the raw ground beef excited her appetite and when they all sat together at the table her tail peeped out again, slipping down between the bars of the back of the chair, and started wagging eagerly. Though she did pause her puppy-like behavior for a moment to watch Miranda with interest, smiling proudly as she boosted herself up to the table all by herself. It made her feel good to see a young one able to do things on their own; she was a survivor that one.

When the food was served and everyone started digging in, Surai politely and patiently waited until everyone had fed before timidly trying to feed herself. May's compliment made her even more anxious to try it but the slippery noodles were giving her a hard time. Exercising her patience was Surai's strong point but the smell and warmth from the food made her belly ache to try it. She was still 'playing' with her food when Dysis brushed off the compliment a bit. She stared at him for awhile with intrigue. It was nice to see a male capable of protecting his own for a change; not that the male dragons never did. Rather, they always had to depend on her when they were overpowered by canon fire.

It was then that she watched the others eat, being a fast learner, and twining the noodles around her fork until it was a big bite. Without hesitating, Surai chomped down, expecting a burst of flavor and she wasn't disappointed. So happy that, in fact, her wings suddenly unfurled. Like a sail being opened, they slipped out from under her hoodie and flapped open, long, black and scaly. And also knocking over a few things. At the moment she just looked content, closing her eyes and savoring the flavor as her tail and wings swayed slightly, her midriff showing and a strange-looking harness that wound around her wings. Its use being to give her at least some form of cloth to cover in case she suddenly had one of these episodes where she had to transform halfway. Surai made soft, crooning sounds for awhile until she opened her eyes and finished her bite, feeling the cool on her lower spine and feeling her wings shift slightly. She paled very slowly, not even realizing that she'd gotten spaghetti sauce on her chin and corner of her mouth. "I apologize! I apologize sincerely!" she begged for forgiveness, pushing herself from the table and bowing to them on the ground, her wing tips touching the ceiling as she crouched low, absolute horror filling her eyes at the mess she'd made.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2011-10-31, 3:23 pm

The whole family was a bit amused about Surai's actions. Despite being a dragon she acted almost like a newborn who was just now tasting and experiencing new things. It was explained how she had never had much of cooked food before. May was the most amused out of the bunch though.

That was why when she knocked something's over and realized what she had done and began apologizing May actually giggled but stopped herself.

She waved it off. "Relax sweetie, things happen. I didn't think you would enjoy my son's food that much to make you act like that. Just know for next time." She'd probably gain better control with experience, she was guessing anyway.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2011-11-01, 10:46 am

Surai sat up slowly when she heard the faint giggle, blushing profusely as she realized it was from May. She must've looked so foolish. The young dragon fidgeted on the floor before slowly getting up and picking up her chair which had fallen over. Very carefully taking her seat and retracting her wings back into her form, fixing her shirt and hoodie as she hunched over. "I have never been welcomed into a human-like home before and given such kind hospitality and the first thing I do is mess things up. I am so sorry." she apologized again, unable to bring herself to eat because she felt so awkward. But eventually, as everyone else continued to eat, she did as well; eating everything on her plate and not letting a single noodle go to waste.

"It was… so delicious." she murmured, grinning widely. Glancing outside, she saw that the sun had changed position since they'd begun the day, hanging high in the sky but nearing the west. The sky was blue and cloudless. It was around this time of the day, if she was alone, that she liked to fly. Without realizing it, Surai sighed, missing the harsher terrain with its dangerous open spaces. She had only spaced out for a moment and realized that they were collecting their dishes, she hurriedly grabbed hers and followed whoever was going to wash them back into the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2011-12-04, 10:24 pm

"It's all right. You're.." May paused, chuckling. "I was going to say you're only human but that's not right. We'll, what I mean to say is we all make mistakes. The important thing is we learn from this. This was a minor one, accidents happen Surai." Miranda grabbed her bowel and went to the kitchen sink before Dysis gently took it from her. Ever since his
father had passed he had tried his best to look after and take care of what was left of his family.

"And if you ever need anything else let me or Dysis know, okay?" May said to the young dragon warmly.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2012-01-04, 12:48 am

She nodded, grateful that they didn't judge her so harshly. With a crooning sound she nodded again, watching as Dysis washed the dishes. The sink was a major convenience, she noted, that allowed him to do his work in less than half the time it would've taken someone to fetch the water, heat it, find soap, and begin the tedious task. She continued watching him silently until she heard May's suggestion. She looked over at her, mind rushing as it usually did. In her human body too many thoughts ran and became muddled since her brain had become slightly smaller. "I should very much like to..." she began then stopped, considering the results and consequences of her request. It really wasn't the right time of the day and, like she'd said before, she would rather impress them by showing her true power in her element of the night.

Pondering over it some more, she shook her head slowly, "No, that can wait. I would rather learn more about this world. It is so intriguing." she said earnestly, "Although I feel very awkward at times and sometimes misinterpret others' intentions, for once I feel... safe." she said quietly. Never realizing that that was something important to her, the feeling of security. She'd never had that on her world and, so far in this one, she felt like there was little that could harm her. At least as long as she had allies around that were strong, like Dysis, and confident and nurturing like May; so few adults of her kind ever showed such positive personalities, they were too tired and frail to even look after themselves at times.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2012-01-06, 3:47 am

May came over and gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "I think we all like that for ourselves sweetie. A place where we feel safe and loved. That's what a home is when it comes down to it. As long as you have people like that around you, just about any place can be a home. As for learning more of this world, me and Dysis will be more then happy to teach you more. Dysis does want to be a history teacher after all, so its good practice."

"I'm not exactly remotely qualified yet, but I'd be happy to help." Dysis said as he continued cleaning the dishes. "..Mom would have to help you with more clothes. There's nothing wrong with what you have now, but more never hurts."

At that, May's eyes seemed to twinkle. "Yes, I'm looking forward to that." Surai was a very pretty young woman and from what she can see, charming in her own unique sort of way. May liked her. It was that reason, she was already thinking of possibly playing match maker with Dysis and Surai later on.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2012-12-10, 11:25 pm

She tilted her head slightly so that her cheek touched May's hand lightly, smiling at her with a look of comfort. "It must be getting so annoying hearing this but thank you so much. I will remain a loyal friend to your family for I cannot repay you enough." She told them.

The talk of clothing made her frown a bit. Human women were notorious for their desire to have many articles of clothing; even if they never actually wore them. Besides the fact that clothing on her world was made of dragon hide, she knew it was different here, there was something about being weighed down by layers that the survivalist in her balked at in dismay. But seeing that spark in May's eyes made her reluctantly smile back, "I understand accumulating clothing is a good way for women to bond so... I would like to try it too." She agreed. Though if they had anywhere formal to appear she was prepared.

Dragons prided themselves on their scales. That pride was portrayed in their armor they donned when in human form. Armor that was made from their true scales. In battle, this is what protected them. But from the time when dragons and humans and other human-like creatures convened, their scales served another purpose. Adorning themselves with only bits of treasure, theirscales hardened and crafted itself into a design unique to the dragon. Wing membrane made flowy skirts and trains, dorsal fins turned into elaborate headdresses when in human form. Only one design per dragon but she would be prepared and honoring her kind if they ever went to a ball of some sort. It was the only 'outfit' a dragon needed.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 2:10 am

May blinked at the gesture, but seemed all right with it all the same. "You're welcome sweetie. Just know as long as you're with us you'll have a home while you're here. Okay?"

Miranda suddenly yawned, her mouth opening in a small 'o'.

Noticing his little sister's tiredness, Dysis went over. "Tired?" Miranda only shook her head even as she rubbed her eyes. "We'll, if you don't go to sleep you won't grow up big and strong. You want that don't you?"

Reluctantly, Miranda nodded. She looked to where Surai was, then grabbed her with her tiny hands.

Dysis chuckled. "All right I guess you want her to come too. Come on." He lead the way, Miranda close behind. It wasn't long before they reached the room; it was pretty girly. Pink all around with stuffed animals and toys everywhere, along with a few pictures.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 4:27 pm

Surai grinned slightly as Miranda yawned. Thinking that she should find a place to stay out of the way while the family finished their routine, she was about to approach the couch when she felt a pair of small hands envelope her elbow. She blinked, “You want me?” she asked gently and nodded as Dysis invited her along. Surai let little Miranda tug her toward her room. The interior was what she’d expected for a young human girl to have but the variety of pink hues amazed her. “My…” she said with astonishment. “I have never seen so much pink. It is a rare color back home.” She told the little girl with a gentle look on her face. “This must be your favorite color, hm?she chuckled, “It is a pretty one.” She murmured, withholding a strong desire to jump on the bed. Now was not the time to rile Miranda back up before she was going to take a nap.

“Direct me where you want me to sit, Miranda.” She told her, “I am more than happy to stay and watch over you while you sleep.” She said with reassurance, knowing that little ones went to bed easier when they knew they were nearby someone they trusted. It warmed her heart that the child thought of her that way.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2012-12-13, 12:49 am

Miranda paused, then motioned for the bed where she was sleeping. This made Dysis chuckle slightly. "You want Surai to sleep in the same room and bed as you? Is that what you're asking?" At her nod, Dysis smiled. "We'll, since Surai doesn't have a problem with it I guess its okay. I'll let you two sleep, good night."

He left the two after that, gently closing the door behind him. Miranda watched Surai curiously with her red eyes as she waited for the dragon woman to come over. She couldn't explain it, but she liked and felt safe around Surai. Maybe it was part of the fact children could pick up things adults couldn't.

Maybe Miranda felt Surai was lonely deep down.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2012-12-15, 10:23 pm

Surai smiled at the acceptance and approached the bed. She was surprised as she placed her hand on the comforter and felt how plush it was. After a few moments checking to make sure the mattress would support her weight she sat down on the edge and slowly sank a bit into it. The dragon giggled a little hen stood and gently scooped up Miranda in her arms. Surai carried her over and laid down sideways of the mattress while Miranda laid down the right way while he dragoness curled her body around her. The outlet girl's head rested on her arm and her tail slowly came out again to complete the circle.

Without being asked, Surai began gently singing to Miranda in the dragon tongue the way the old lullaby was originally sung. If she translated it into English she was certain the girl would never get any shuteye.

"Oh lower your head, sweet child in bed, for the stars up above are weeping.
Our Fathers and Brothers are flying, toward the cannons above, slowly dying.
Battling so your scales won't be used against them.

Oh lower your head, sweet child in bed, for the stars up above are weeping.
Mothers hold their little ones down, as rifles come round, baring fangs and their claws for protection.
Letting their offspring hide, their mothers sacrifice, giving them one more day for survival.

So lower your head, sweet child in bed, because your mother is still here to protect you.
Tomorrow we fly. Save your strength tonight. Be brave for the perils that will befall you.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2012-12-16, 5:17 am

Very soon, Miranda began to drift off to sleep. There was about Surai that made the little girl feel safe. It was almost as if Surai and Miranda had met somewhere before in some past life with the way the two bonded so quickly. Whatever it was, little Miranda was unconcerned with it. All she knew that she liked Surai.

Not too long after the lullaby, the dhampir went to sleep curled tightly against the dragon as she slept the night away.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2012-12-16, 7:37 am

Surai crooned to her in her soft, guttural dragon vocals that would soothe the younglings. Letting them know they were protected by strong adults. Once Miranda fell asleep, Surai gently pulled herself from the dhampir's form. Freezing each time she thought she might've woken the sleeping girl. When she was beside her bed, Surai pulled the covers over the child and gave her a gentle nuzzle before silently leaving the room. Her tail retracted as she shut the door and sniffed the air to find Dysis's scent and followed it.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2012-12-18, 12:33 am

Dysis, as it turned out had just came from a shower and was fully dressed but slightly damped when he ran into Surai. He was confused. Shouldn't she be going to sleep by now with Miranda? Maybe she needed something.

"Hey Surai. Thought you'd be going to sleep with Miranda. Do you need something? I'm about to go to bed pretty soon myself; bunch of boring school stuff to take care of." Going to sleep could wait a few minutes to see what Surai needed, she was a guest after all and he tried to be a gentleman.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2013-05-24, 11:57 am

She blinked in surprise, "It is routine for my kind to keep watch and secure a perimeter." she explained. "I assumed her room was safe, if you are certain the rest of the home is secure, I will take first watch on the roof." she told him then tilted her head slightly, "Is this not the way here?" she questioned, wondering if she'd overstepped her bounds again.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2013-05-24, 12:08 pm

Dysis felt his heart hurt a bit. "No..you didn't do anything wrong.." He sighed, running a hand through his silver hair. "The place we're at is relatively safe, we don't have to worry about much of any danger so we're more free to relax. So you don't have to keep watch unless you want to, but things are a bit different here."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2013-05-24, 1:02 pm

Surai nodded and smiled, "That is good to hear! I apologize, I am not used to being in one place for too long and have it remain... safe." she looked embarrassed. "But I am glad. You secured a wonderful den for your family, Dysis. That is good to see." she said gently. "If it is alright, I should like to slumber with Miranda. The girl has a strong grip, again, very good to see in younglings." she said with a grin and turned, beginning to walk back to the child's room. "Good night, Dysis-" she said and paused abruptly. "Shall I hunt in the morning?" she spun around to face him, stopping just at Miranda's door. "What do you hunt around here after all?" she looked puzzled.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2013-05-24, 1:25 pm

Dysis chuckled to the comment about Miranda. "Go ahead. Besides, she really seems to like you so who am I to say no? As for your question..its kind of hard to explain. People still hunt for meat and such, but we have stores that sell things and freeze them so we hold food for a long period. People don't have to hunt if they don't want too. Not that there's really much to hunt out in the city anyway. I'm not sure if you saw the fridge yet or anything, but we'll show you tomorrow..or my mom will."

May was going to drag Surai around with Miranda, Dysis could feel it.
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2013-05-27, 9:17 pm

The dragon smiled at his response, “Very well. Everything in
this world is made for convenience, I see.
” She said with a short nod. “Alright, then. Sleep well.” She said and quietly opened Miranda’s door, peeking in, and slowly slipped into the room. Surai silently shut the door behind her and soundlessly slipped back in bed with the girl. Her tail wrapped protectively around the girl and she smiled when she felt her little cheek nuzzle against her in response to her presence. With a soft sigh, Surai closed her eyes but sleep did not come for some time. Instinct made her wary and while she appeared
to be comfortable, her nerves were still on edge. It was only when Miranda’s REM, sleep cycle, began that Surai finally relaxed and let her mind settle into a state of meditation, and eventually sleep. Without another present to watch her own back, things didn’t feel right to Surai. Being surrounded by all the plush was both comfortable and discomforting. It felt too good, too soft, to
allow herself complete relaxation. She was used to sleeping on rocks.

The next morning, Surai awoke with the sunrise. Although she was quiet about it, it took the dragoness some time to figure out how to open the blinds. Once she did, a full beam of sunlight washed the room with a pink tint. To shield the girl from the unwanted rays, Surai fanned out her wings as much as the room allowed her and she began absorbing the heat with them. Like a reptile, she needed the sun to give her the energy she needed for the day and having a window facing the East was quite convenient. Surai’s eyes were closed and she was frowning, she looked serious for once and didn’t move a muscle as the heat washed over her body.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2013-05-31, 10:33 pm

Miranda woke up shortly after Surai did, rubbing her small red eyes as she slowly woke up. It wasn't the light from the sun that woke her up, but rather the lack of Surai's presence nearby that about did it. She had gotten used to her being nearby, at least some subconscious level that moving had triggered her to being awake.

The little half vampire saw Surai, and sneaked behind her giving her a hug, though because she was so short she only reached her leg anyway. "Morning Surai.."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2013-06-01, 3:45 am

Her eyes remained closed, but Surai's frown quickly melted into a smile as she turned . Her tail curled snugly around them both; wings curled inward to create a coccoon of protection. "Good morning, little one. Did you sleep well?" She crooned melodically. Like a big cat purring, Miranda could feel the vibrations as she was held close to Surai's chest.
"How did you sleep, sweet Meralda? Was the nest warm enough?" She asked, her voice sounding more dreary and light hearted now like her usual self. "Slept so good... I think I'll sleep some more." Surai mumbled. The dragon actually fell asleep holding Miranda protectively against her. It was the instinctive position mother dragons posed when they had no other means to protect their young.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2013-06-03, 3:00 am

Miranda nodded a bit, looking up at her with curious red eyes. She seemed a bit more at ease and comfortable now. "I..slept real good." At the comment of the nest, it confused her a bit. "A nest..I don't have a nest? Oh you mean bed, yeah it was warm. Did you sleep good too?"

She had never in her life met a dragon in person before. She had only heard about them or read things about them, so it made her all kinds of curious. "Miss Surai, what does your dragon form look like? I bet its really, really, cool.."
Back to top Go down
Anza9996

Anza9996

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2013-06-03, 3:39 pm

The dragon purred in response and slowly woke up again, smiling gently at her. When Miranda posed the question, Surai blinked, fully awake again and slowly retracted wings and tail. "My dragon form, hm?" she mused, "I can show it to you, if you'd like." she offered, smiling until her stomach rumbled. "Perhaps after breakfast." she chuckled, patting Miranda's shoulder lightly. "Come, let's see if your mother and brother are awake, little one." she crooned, leading Miranda toward the door.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty2013-06-04, 12:44 pm

Miranda seemed excited about the prospect of seeing Surai in her 'natural form' sooner or later. Maybe she'd get to ride on a dragon then? That would be really, really cool to see in her little mind. She kind of imagined Surai's dragon form looking black, like her hair, and pretty big. She wasn't too far off with that bit but time would tell for the other ideas in her mind, minus the more outlandish ones.

The Dhampir giggled at Surai's stomach growling, then took her hand. "Don't worry, mommy or big brother will make us breakfast!" It seemed, once Miranda was comfortable with someone, she was far less quite.

In the kitchen, May was up and about cooking. Her smile brightened at seeing the two. "Good morning! Go ahead and make yourselves comfortable, did you sleep good Surai?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Peas In A Pod   Two Peas In A Pod - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Two Peas In A Pod
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: New York-
Jump to: