The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fighting with Demons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

Fighting with Demons Empty
PostSubject: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2020-05-04, 12:21 am

Goki needed something. He thought he would be able to find it with his cousin. However she it had moved on. For the better. She didn't need his darkness imposing on her light. So what he needed was something new. A fresh start. The first thing he needed was a hair cut. After years of letting it grow he figured it was time for that to change. It was symbolic of his... other life. The person he used to be. So there he sat in a chair while the stylist looked his hair over. All Goki did was pick a magazine and chose a picture at random. So it would be interesting so see the finished product. ((OOC I'll update Goki's picture soon))

Soon Goki was out of the salon and making his way to his bank. Since he leased his father's island to the amusement park he had made a comfortable living off the royalties. That's not to mention his fruit stand. Though the stand has been in storage for a while. He thought about making some investments but he would have to do some research. For now he needed a place to live and for that he needed money. 

For a moment he thought he might see where his sister found her lodging. Then he quickly dismissed the idea. She was a trigger for him. One he didn't need. So he needed to make his own way. So this is what he would do. But first. Coffee.

He found a small shop and went inside. Soon people moved away from him. That was something he was used to. He sipped his coffee and looked at the paper.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2020-06-21, 8:30 am

Soon Goki had finished his coffee and paper. He found some stocks to invest in. Now it was time to visit his bank.

His meeting didn't take long. He had transferred some money and invested other resources. He was satisfied. He left it up to his realtor to find him a place. His needs were specific to a fighter. So they would be hard pressed to find something accommodating. 

He had considered joining Nobus and while the thought of that is still at the back of his mind he had a feeling if he exposed himself to them he would be arrested for the crimes of his former self.

So he would lay low. Try to avoid fighting and keep training. He looked around to the people who were going about their day. He had been alone most of his life. Even his sister was a stranger to him. So this amount of people around him made him a bit nervous. That's why he wanted a place on the outskirts of the city. 

Goki thrust his hands in his pockets and made his way towards his hotel.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2020-07-05, 9:19 pm

Anika Burns didn't have a particular destination in mind at the current moment besides just wanting to travel around for a bit. She was retirng from being a Bounty Hunter so she had all the free time in the world since she had money to saved from them. Japan was a place she ended up because she simply wanted to know more about her kind in person, and Oni of any type were far more common here then back in New York.

Being such a tall woman and her looks made her stand out like a sore thumb but she was used to it nor did she honestly care. If it wasn't directly related to those she cared for why bother? Someone was always going have something to say good or bad.

On her walk she did notice a somewhat familiar face; was that the Goki kid? She didn't know much about them since she didn't exactly run in those circles but she had heard he done some things. If she was a Bounty Hunter still maybe she take more interest. Right now she was retired and he hadn't done anything so she'd leave him alone for now.

For Goki, if he looked around there did, indeed seem to be a small inn off the beaten path called 'New Clover'. The advertisement was old and faded but it was visible enough to still make out. More then likely a smaller family owned one that couldn't compete with the bigger chains in the concentrated city parts. Should he desire to at any rate.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2020-10-23, 8:44 am

Goki spotted the small Inn and cocked his head to the side. It did interest him. Maybe an investment. Maybe not. He was curious though. Through the corner of his eye he spotted a somewhat familiar woman. He walked over to her not making any attempt to help. "Excuse me, I am sorry to bother you however you seem very familiar to me. My name is Goki." He figured he would try this thing called "Social Interaction." and see where things go. He was still very much interested in that Inn. However first thing's first.

Last edited by Exaultedsoulessone on 2021-03-31, 10:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2020-11-13, 1:55 pm

The young woman regarded them neutrally, wondering why they approached her. There could of been any number of reasons really and she shouldn't be so paranoid. It was just some tiny old habits from her old profession hadn't completely gone away. "My name is Anika, and I don't think we've met."

That much she knew for sure. "I know of you, but I don't know you far as meeting. It's nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2020-12-17, 8:12 pm

Goki nodded. "I see. Well it is a pleasure to meet you." He couldn't think of why she was so familiar to him. Then he realized it may be because of the Orochi. He dropped the thought before he could finish it. "Will you permit me to sit with you?" His facial expression changed slightly. He looked a dash embarrassed. "I am... somewhat new to this, social interaction."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2020-12-31, 9:50 am

Anika glanced at the younger man, then shrugged mentally. If nothing else she kind of found their last comment of theirs endearing a bit. "Sure. Knock yourself out."

She could appreciate someone trying to get out of their comfort zone. As when she was younger she was surprisingly shy; being a tall kid with her looks hadn't made her as popular until she had hit her grove. Of course even back then she had some tried and true friends.

"So you live here or just passing through?"
Anika finally broke the ice with something. "I travel, a lot. So for me not sure where I'll be going to next but I'm originally from the states and New York to be specific."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2021-02-28, 6:33 pm

Goki sat down and nodded "I have never been to New York. Though I hear it is the busiest city in the world. So what brings you to Japan?" He was genuinely curious. She was the first person aside from his cousin's roommates he had any interaction with since China.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2021-02-28, 7:13 pm

There were a few ways which she could of answered, but honestly she didn't have anything special she was trying to hide. Besides more private or personal business she wouldn't delve into but that was kind of to be expected. "I got home sick so headed back. Plus I wanted to see some friends of mine and how they were doing. After that? Who knows."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2021-03-09, 7:04 pm

Goki nodded "It is the same for me as well. I thought I would see my cousin however her life is a bit busier than I had thought and while I have a sister, I would rather not open that old wound." He looked around at the New Clover Inn. "You seem more familiar with this area than I am. What can you tell me about that Inn?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2021-03-30, 12:02 am

Anika turned to glance at the inn in question. "That one? It's owned by a friend, Miyaki. She's a Oni like me and runs it mostly by herself and a few other people. It's not the biggest and most well known but it has a homey feel to it so its another reason I got there besides them being a friend. Kind of a shame it never took off as much."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2021-03-31, 10:52 am

Goki nodded "Then this is a fortuitous meeting. Would you by chance be amiable to introduce me to the owners?" He had a spark of an idea and wanted to run with it. Hopefully something good would come out of it.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2021-04-07, 9:05 pm

The young woman briefly considered what was being told. On one hand, this Goki character at least from what little she knew had a mixed reputation. He didn't have some big body count or caused a bunch of damage but there had been flags. On the other, she had been in this business enough to pick up when people were bullshitting her and thus far, the young man hadn't given said feeling. So she'd give him a chance but keep a eye on them.

"Sure."
She said, beginning towards the place. "It's not the biggest place though."

A beautiful woman stood behind the desk. "Welcome back Anika. Who is your friend?" One thing of note, was like her blue skinned friend she was pretty tall and about the same height.

She nodded, stepping aside. "Miyaki, this is Goki. He wanted to introduce himself."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2021-04-15, 2:07 pm

Goki took a step forward and bowed. "My name is Goki Goutetsu. I know this may seem a bit forward, however I have a business proposition for you. If you are interested." He hoped that he had piqued their interest.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2021-04-15, 10:05 pm

Miyaki was midly surprised about the news, never the less she focused on the young man after that. "You have my attention. Go ahead." She was rather curious since her place was relatively small so she wondered why they would take any interest in it business wise; which was why she was keeping things close to her chest.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2021-04-16, 2:04 pm

Goki nodded and slipped his shoes off before entering further. "I believe that in todays modern society we are losing our heritage. I would like to invest in this establishment. In order to breathe life back into the family owned and operated businesses. I will own absolutely no stake in your business. Other than an annual return of thirty percent and..." He trailed off a bit. "Possible lodgings." He bowed. "In return I will pay for advertising, Promotions and if needed cover any outstanding debt owed on the establishment if any. All you need to put this place on the map." He knew he was being forward, he had absolutely no idea how well this place was doing however he needed to take a stab at it.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2021-04-22, 12:44 pm

To say the older woman was surprised would of been a massive understatement. People typically didn't just offer things like that so freely without some sort of thing they were gaining in return. Yet this young man was offering something rather generous.

She studied them a bit longer before replying. "That is a very generous offer you're asking. I've been around long enough not to jump as quickly into things when it come to those. So if I might ask, what is your motivation behind this? Is just because losing heritage and you want to preserve it or something else?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2021-04-25, 4:52 pm

At this Goki paused. "I..." He gathered his thoughts. "I have recently gone through a... change in my life. Almost literally." He took a deep breath and blew it out slowly. "Full disclosure. I am the son of Akuma. I had inherited his... curse. In the pursuit of the Dark Hado I went down an even darker path than my father." Averting his gaze in what could only be perceived of as shame. "I sought a more ancient power. The Orochi. It almost consumed me, almost destroyed me. It used to me to commit unspeakable acts of violence, pain and suffering." He shrugged a bit. "I... I suppose I'm seeking some kind of atonement. Redemption. I do not know. I just know that If I can help. I want to. I... Need to."

He looked a bit sheepish. "I suppose it's a bit selfish. However If I can help you. I want to." And there you have it. "I await you response."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2021-05-01, 6:43 pm

Miyaki was more then a bit taken back. She had wanted to know a bit more as the why Goki was giving such a generous offer but she hadn't thought he'd get that person with it. That all being said, while she didn't know too much about Akuma besides what she heard.

"I didn't expect all this. If you're expecting sympathy due to the past.." She began and slowly smiled. "Then I guess you came to the right place young man. This old woman is a bit of a bleeding heart."

"You're not old Miyaki." Anika countered.

"Bah. I feel like it." She waved it off and focused back on Goki. "I'll accept. At the current rate I was going have to close."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2021-08-01, 1:27 am

Goki looked at Miyaki then bowed deeply. "You honor me." He then pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to his accountant. "I authorize Miyaki of the New Clover Inn FULL access to discretionary funds. See attached for contact information." Looking to Miyaki. "My accountant will be in contact with you shortly about releasing the funds for any and all renovations." he turned towards Anika "You honor me as well, Anika. Please tell me you will be staying to assist in the restoration?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty2022-03-07, 11:05 pm

"Excuse me one moment, I'll be right back." With that said, Miyaki took the information to look over and get situated.

Anika was impressed. It did win brownie points for her to see Goki do that, even if there was part of it to make amends for his past. "I was going to stay around to keep my friend company for a bit but I have extra incentive to stay around so.." She grinned. "Yeah. Looks like you're stuck with me for a bit longer."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighting with Demons   Fighting with Demons Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighting with Demons
Page 1 of 1