The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wishing Stars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Wishing Stars Empty
PostSubject: Wishing Stars   Wishing Stars Empty2020-03-14, 1:21 am

Good things come to those who wait.

Well, that's what i'm told. I'm still checking my recipe's and holding onto them because mine our long past due.

My name is Brandon Spencer and to be blunt, my life over the last decade has been a top and and turvy mess which I was given very little breaks in between. Making a long story short, got bonded with a demon, old world went to shit, made some friends then got stuck here. Meus is the name.

Honestly it's a hell lot more peaceful here. Don't get me wrong its got more then plenty of crazies, supernatural and world ending things but the frequency being a lot less? I could live with that.

With my luck and how things had went for me, I always expected to be long dead before I could seriously consider what I wanted to do with, well me. My future was like a black wind shield, you couldn't see through it because there was nothing at the other end.

As with most stories start, things were normal until they weren't but in this case it works out for me.

For once

Brandon internally debated why he stayed in the weirdness magnet known as Nexus City. He had grown up in his version of New York so this sort of thing wasn't new to him far as being a black hole for everything and their mother to come crawling into the wood works. To be fair Nexus was far, far more organized and ready. While there was the monster of the week, it wasn't as frequent as the place he had been at home. And on the bright side it made living here cheap, since it was sort of at your own risk.

Usually he just let Nobus and such handle it and stay out of their way, but occasionally he'd have to step in if no one else was around so they had a understanding of sorts. It became a sort of side gig while he did the mechanic thing as his main hustle. He'd complain about it internally of course, but he was never able to stay away from those in trouble if he happened to be around at the time.

Life had settled into a strange sort of normal and routine for him over the last two years. After all he had been through he was more then fine with this lasting for the rest of his life, even if his cynical half would say no it wouldn't.

Family life or at least the potential of it was something of a reality for the first time in a long time but that being said he wasn't sure. He liked kids, though would he be a decent parent? Finding a partner was also tricky and he hadn't seriously dated anyone in years. To say he was rusty would be a understatement. In part maybe he was making excuses to avoid it, kind of like a tooth appoinment you needed to get done.

Brandon arrived home almost without realizing it. 'Part of me really is growing soft if I'm letting my mind wander that much. Not that its a completely bad thing.'

His home wasn't anything special. It was a modest, small one story two bedroom he had picked up. He technically didn't need the extra space though when he had company it was nice. The young man lazily put his coat on the couch before heading up the his room.

He'd have a guest for sure. Just not one he was expecting.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Daiyoukai

Daiyoukai

Wishing Stars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishing Stars   Wishing Stars Empty2020-06-19, 3:52 pm

Endless drifting.

After the usurper had itself been usurped, she fell into a deep slumber, exhausted... but satisfied. Eventually, her creation would succumb to entropy, but in the meantime, its future would be determined by its inhabitants, not the will of a mad, capricious demiurge. Most feared oblivion, but, ultimately, a limited existence in which one was free was preferable to an eternity to servitude.

It was sad that the individual who had worked with her to facilitate the usurper's fall felt such immense guilt over his methods that he should suffer in the last remaining vestige of the usurper's reign--hell--rather than enjoy the brave new world he had helped bring about, but ultimately, it was his decision, and she could do naught but respect it.

Her sleep had been deep and mostly dreamless, and she remained only loosely tethered to her creation, pulled along as it drifted through through the waters. Occasionally, she would have flashes of awareness... dreams of major events, of triumphs, of tragedies... until they too stopped as her treasure wound down.

The last stirring had been the result of a... collision, perhaps? Her reality, now a sad shadow of its former glory, cold and dead, collided--metaphysically speaking--with another creation. Curiously, in that moment, she sensed but one individual from her reality yet remained... in hell, in fact. That man, who had endured so much... had endured to this point and had been placed into this new reality by the metaphysical collision.

Her awareness was dulled, but she witnessed him, vaguely, inhabiting the body of a stillborn and, through sheer force of will, reanimated it. And shortly thereafter, he was taken in by a... girl with fox ears?

She seemed young, and yet carried about her an air of maturity. She did not seem a bad sort, and the goddess was unable to intervene anyway, so she simply went back to sleep, satisfied that, hopefully, her champion's long trial was finally at an end.

Later--years, decades... centuries?--she stirred yet again as another "collision" occurred, this time between herself and this very same reality. The sensation was uncomfortable, like... a less painful version of when she had been cast out of the Pleroma by the usurper. Subtle energies wove themselves tighter and tighter until they became crude flesh, and her already damage mind and spirit reeled at the process, until, at last... she manifested as a physical being.

It would, under other circumstances, been quite an explosive, destructive process, but she fought through the discomfort and confusion to reel in her energy during the process. What might have been an event that destroyed a planet or... even caused damage on a cosmic level, instead, simply wrecked a single room. There was no structural damage, but anything not nailed down was launched outwards from the point of her manifestation.

Sophia collapsed to the ground, exhausted from her ordeal. Her head spun--she was not used to having a physical form at all, let alone gaining one so suddenly and traumatically--and her new body felt weak. She knew this would pass, eventually, but... she was vulnerable. And she did not like that.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Wishing Stars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishing Stars   Wishing Stars Empty2020-06-23, 3:24 pm

After today had thankfully been slow far as Nexus City standards went, Brandon hadn't been expecting anything too exciting or interest happen soon much less in his his home. It was why in the middle of making himself something to eat he heard some sort of commotion coming towards his room raise some red flags.

How did they even get there?

No. It was a dumb question. One didn't ask something like that in a world where people with powers were common.

There was the option to call Nobus or investigate himself. Brandon knew he was hardly the strongest person on this planet, but far as being pretty above the average? He can safely say he was around there so he should be fine.

Still playing it cautiously, he headed to his room and braced himself ready to transform at a moments notice--

--Not expecting a extremely attractive top heavy blond just laying in his room. And she had a trace of divine?

Brandon was confused of what the hell was going on, but tried to quickly put his thoughts together to something coherent. It didn't seem so much a break in as much someone had ended up crashing the party so to speak.

He went to his blanket and offered them to her. "..This is awkward even my standards. Here, can you understand me?"
Back to top Go down
Daiyoukai

Daiyoukai

Wishing Stars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishing Stars   Wishing Stars Empty2020-11-09, 8:42 pm

Sophia's head was still spinning, though she sensed a presence near her. It took a few moments, but eventually she regained some semblance of balance and focus, and she looked at the person, who was offering her... some sort of cloth?

Oh, a blanket. Something mortals used to keep warm? What an odd thing to offer her--she wasn't warm, but neither was she cold. Just... confused and with a weird pain in her head.

She opened her mouth to reply, only for a perplexed expression to emerge. The language she recognize... it was Inglish. Or english? Anglish? She knew of it, but she seemed unable to speak or understand it. Normally, that would not be the case, but in her diminished state...

Sophia shook her head 'no', then stood, unsteadily. This was the first time she'd ever been truly embodied, so having substance was new to her.

Looking around, she noticed the terrible mess she'd made? So this place must be this man's home? Turning to face him and apologize, she pivoted entirely too hard, lost balance, and fell... right onto Brandon.

Ow! Why was a body so hard to control?
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Wishing Stars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishing Stars   Wishing Stars Empty2020-11-13, 2:08 pm

Brandon was wondering when his life had apparently become a visual novel.

Extremely attractive woman that was either a demi goddess or a full one? Check.

They couldn't speak and thus he had to help them along plus they likely weren't aware of things? Check.

Still it wasn't the strangest thing the Hell Knight had encountered. It was definitely the most novel experience he had as of late however; no pun intended.

He didn't know what he was going to do with them and he couldn't in good conscious just ignore it even if the other part of him he maybe, probably, should listen to at times told him just to hand her off to someone else but she need to stay somewhere. There were others who definitely want to try to take a advantage of a attractive woman, but he wasn't one of them.

Then she topped over him. As if some higher power said: 'Your challenge has been accepted and your resistance futile.'

He wasn't a dense harem anime protagonist or someone with no self control. He was at the end of the day a healthy young man with drives and such like everyone else though. Ignoring her curvy figure molding against him since he definitely wasn't gonna take advantage of someone who was just coming to he gently helped them up. "Ok. So it seems you can understand me a bit but can't talk just yet. That may be a problem."

Seriously how the hell was he going to go about this?

There was a small beat, then. "I'll figure it out. Are you hungry?" He was going have to perhaps use hand gestures at times to get her to understand what he meant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wishing Stars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishing Stars   Wishing Stars Empty

Back to top Go down

Wishing Stars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: Elsewhere :: Other Loations :: Nexus City-
Jump to: