The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Memories Of Yesterday and Today

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-11, 10:50 pm

Azumi nodded. "Alright. Well, I'll tell you now, Asim and Ophelia make for a somewhat imbalanced match-up. Asim knows the moves Reversal, Force Palm, Quick Attack, Metal Sound, and Bone Rush. His ability is Steadfast, which raises his speed each time he is flinched. He is dual-typed, being Fighting and Steel. Ophelia is Poison type. She resists Fighting moves, but Asim's Steel typing makes him immune to Poison moves. Ophelia is also weak to Ground moves, which is what Bone Rush is. So, by the sound of it, Ophelia is at the disadvantage here, right?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-11, 11:01 pm

Irene nodded to that Azumi said. "It does. But there's more to it, isn't there?" At least she assumed so. Her goal was to learn and it wouldn't make sense to do that if it was utterly one sided. That and Moses had taught her a natural advantage wasn't everything when it came to a fight.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-11, 11:11 pm

Azumi smiled brightly. "Exactly! The basic typing advantage isn't everything. Pokemon can learn moves that are not of the same type as them, obviously, or that they don't learn naturally thanks to TM's, and this is no exception. Fighting types do not resist Fighting moves, which Steel is weak to. So, Asim is weak to Fighting moves; and Ophelia knows the move Rock Smash. But she also knows another move that Steel is weak to, Flamethrower. Her physical attacks are much stronger than her special, though."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-12, 12:24 am

Being silent for a bit longer, Irene spoke again. "I see. What exactly are TM's though?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-12, 1:22 am

Azumi blinked. "Oh, right. TM's are Technical Machines. They are injections that allow Pokemon to use moves they don't learn naturally. They can only be administered at a PokeCenter, by a professional. Doing it wrong could cause harm to your Pokemon, and besides that, they need to rest and not exert themselves while the serum works into their system."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-12, 1:55 am

"It sounds..complicated." Irene noted, but she was getting a idea of things. "What else do I need to know or can that wait?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-12, 2:20 am

Azumi sighed. "I'm no expert, and it'll take awhile to explain everything, and I have to leave tomorrow morning... but, I'll teach you everything I can, and I think there are instructional pamphlets in the PokeCenter that can fill you in on the more informational aspect of things, like type advantages, items, and things like that. For now, I can teach you what you can't really learn from reading. You need to help your Pokemon in battle; guide them firmly, but not forcefully. If they need to dodge, tell them. If they need to press the attack, tell them. They are the fighter, you're the tactician. Well, in regular matches. Sometimes, the trainer will have to fight as well, if you are being attacked by a bad guy or something, and sometimes a match may not even be a fight. You never know, really..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-12, 8:33 pm

"I'm not as worried if it ever comes to that..I'm used to fighting."
Irene didn't go into it more then that, and if asked she didn't think it would be a good idea to tell her about her past. "I'm ready when you are."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-12, 9:34 pm

Azumi smiled, nodding. "Alright then." She and Ophelia moved a good distance away, facing Irene and Asim, who seemed eager, looking at Irene and nodding. Shaya's voice entered their minds.

'Since this isn't a serious battle, just have fun with it. No need to go until one can't continue, though Asim probably won't want to stop early, knowing him... anyway... begin!'

Right after that, Azumi grinned. "Ophelia, kick it off with a Screech!" Immediately, Ophelia shot toward Asim, letting out a piercing screech to disorient Asim and lower his defenses.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-13, 2:24 am

Irene focused entirely on the fight, she didn't have any experience with leading but she had been in plenty of fights. Her Sif senses slowed things down to a reasonbale rate once the fighting started so she could think a bit. First, just to test things and get a idea of both Asim and her opponents power.

"Asim, side step and hit with a Bone Rush." She was assuming it was a sonic attack, in which catch it could actually be dodged if he was fast enough.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-13, 2:32 am

Asim was faster than Ophelia, and quickly delivered three hard strikes just as his ears began to ring from the Screech. He staggered a bit, and Azumi called out. "Ophelia, use Glare!"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-21, 3:57 am

Irene wasn't an expert, far from it but she knew the basic idea behind the attack and tried to think of the best option on her feet. "Asim, cover your eyes and let her come to you!" The screech probably tossed them off balance best not to rush it.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-21, 12:51 pm

Asim closed his eyes as ordered, using his sense of Aura to 'see'. Azumi was grinning still. "You learn really quick, Irene! You should be pretty good at this before long... Ophelia, Rock Smash!"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-25, 10:28 pm

Irene wasn't sure what to do in this situation, so pausing she just went with instinc. The very same type that had allowed her to survive and avoid pain when she was fighting tooth and nail in those sick test back at the labs.

"Do what you feel is right Asim, I trust you."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-25, 10:46 pm

At Irene's words, Asim turned his head sharply toward Irene, and took the blow from Ophelia harshly. He was knocked backward and tumbled several feet before landing in a heap. He was pushing himself to his feet when a running Azumi skidded to a stop next to him, pulling him into her arms. "I'm sorry, Asim! I didn't think that would happen, are you okay?" Asim responded by shooting Irene a sharp look, and Azumi blinked, before lightly smacking Asim's arm. "Behave, it's not her fault! Do you remember when I first started? I was terrible! She's better than I was back then." Asim sniffed irritably, and Azumi turned to Irene. "Irene, do you know what you did wrong?" As she asked, Ophelia was circling them.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-25, 10:53 pm

Irene winced at that, she was a bit confused all and all. She didn't know what she did wrong, she merely shook her head.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-25, 11:10 pm

Azumi smiled sadly. "While it's important that you be able to trust you Pokemon, it's important that they be able to trust you as well. Suddenly switching from leading him in battle to telling him to do what feels right isn't right. It can confuse them, makes it seem like you don't know what you are doing and so makes them lose faith in your leadership. It can also make them feel abandoned. From their perspective, what you did is the same as telling them they are on their own, and should figure out how to win by themselves. You can't do that.... and if you are wondering, I know this because I made the same mistake early on, and Shaya explained the problem to me. Most trainer's learn it from experience." At this, Shaya waved a bit from the side.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-25, 11:23 pm

Irene felt bad now. "..I didn't mean it like that, just for that single moment not the whole battle still its the same I suppose. I'm just not used to a leading role, at least not where my input is always needed." She had to remind herself while there was something's similar it wasn't the same as the battle she, Moses and her friends had or even sparring. Then again, this was a Pokemon battle styled sparring so the normal thinking that helped so much could hurt.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-25, 11:31 pm

Azumi shook her head. "Don't worry about it, Irene. I told you, I made the same mistake, and I'm sure we are not the only ones. Learning from our mistakes is how we improve, you know?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-29, 2:42 am

Irene didn't have anything to say to that so she nodded. She really had thought she was doing the right thing with how she did it, but obviously she was wrong. It didn't matter what her intentions were if her allies didn't see it the same way.

"Hey, Azumi." Irene started. "I was wondering if I could buy a luxury Ball from you. Since I'm getting a new partner. Shaya was the one who suggested it."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2013-12-29, 11:55 am

Azumi just smiled. "Good idea. All Pokeballs are comfortable by design, since they basically make a little pocket world for the Pokemon to live in while in the ball, but Luxury Balls go the extra mile. You don't have to buy it though, you know. I'll happily just give you one, Irene. As part of a 'starter kit' so to speak."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2014-02-15, 10:40 pm

Irene felt happy about that. "Thank you. And thank you for teaching me some of the basics, I know I still have a lot to learn but I'll get better. Is it all right if I had some way to contact you again? I don't want to lose contact." Then she paused and amended. "..We'll if you want too."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2014-02-15, 10:45 pm

Azumi smiled again, and dug a Luxury Ball out of her bag, along with a pen and notepad. She quickly wrote down her number, handing the sheet of paper and Luxury Ball to Irene. "There! I'll be going back to Unova soon, so I won't be around, but if you ever need to talk, just give me a call."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2014-04-21, 12:01 am

Irene took the paper and ball with a small smile. "Thank you Azumi. Um, if you don't mind me asking what brings you all the way here?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty2014-06-10, 12:06 am

Azumi blinked a bit at that. "Um... no real reason, honestly. I've always liked to travel, and since I was having a bit of trouble with the Unova league, I just... decided to travel around, training as I did. It's not really a good reason, I know, but... I've always been kind of impulsive." She really didn't like lying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memories Of Yesterday and Today   Memories Of Yesterday and Today - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Memories Of Yesterday and Today
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next