The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fallen from Grace

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2012-11-15, 7:45 pm

Clark nodded and checked to make sure he had all this stuff. He looked to Daria "After you." He hadn't really interacted with people since he got here. This was s nice change of pace.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2012-11-20, 12:37 am

Daria let Clark lead; she didn't know this area all that well really. "I'm curious about one thing, how different is this place compared to your old home?" If anything was accurate then Clark would be used to a lot of strange things but even so; there was no telling just how on or off the mark it was.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2012-11-25, 10:43 pm

Clark thought about it for a moment. "Well, the amount of meta humans is about the same. A bit disorganized in my opinion. I've heard about a group called Nobus and they seem have it under control for the most part." He started down the stairs and held the door open for Daria.

He shrugged "One more 'Super' won't make a difference." He let the door close as she passed and he made his way to the hardware store. "I find it easy to blend in. Not really looking to draw attention to myself." He flipped up his hood and stuck his hands in his pockets.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2012-11-26, 2:27 am

Daria listened to Clark, agreeing with him more or less on things. "You said metahumans, I'm guessing that means people with powers and special abilities. And I have to to agree with you..it is easy to blend in when you want to be. Sometimes too easy.."

She seemed to be thinking of something, then let it drop. "If you're curious to know what I am, I'm a vampire. More specifically, Malkavian also known as Dark Shroud Vampire for slang there's a reason for that name. Though my kind aren't much like the sterotypes you read or see on the movies." Daria shrugged. "However..there's misconceptions and misinformation abounds. But that's a given with any race. Would this be your first time meeting a vampire?"

Daria felt it only fair to reveal a little. After all, he had basically spilled his heart out and she knew his race so what was this bit going to hurt?
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2012-11-26, 2:51 am

Clark shook his head "No i've met a few in my time. Though they weren't as pleasant as you. Yes the term 'Metahuman' was coined by Star Labs. It stands for Metaphysical Humanoid." He was about to say something else when his hearing picked up something.

"No, please I need that money! Don't take my purse!" Came a woman's voice.

"Just fuckin give it up bitch!!" Came a male voice.

Clark let out a sigh. Holding up a hand "Excuse me a moment." And like that he was gone and a moment later he was back. "Sorry about that. Like I was saying. I'm pretty tolerant of various races. Just so long as they don't threaten the planet or the people I care for."

Behind him in an ally the robber was hung up on a fire escape with a piece of rebar wrapped around him.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2012-11-26, 2:59 am

While Daria's kind did have enhanced senses, they weren't nearly as sharp as Clark's so she didn't hear anything over the ambient noises of the background of the city. Considering it was New York, there was almost always noise somewhere or another. If it was quite, that was actually a bad sign in these parts.

She was confused why Clark left so suddenly before coming back, then let it drop after. "I see. I'm not aware of Star Labs, what do they do?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 11:34 am

Clark paused a moment. Then shook his head. "It doesn't matter, they don't exist here." He looked around. "There are so many things that are the same here and yet so much is different." He paused mid stride and smiled slightly "It's like being in an alternate universe." He chuckled at his own joke.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2012-12-13, 1:21 am

Daria let the comment go and didn't say anything about it anymore, feeling she might be on a touchy subject. She smiled at the last part. "If you don't mind me asking, what's the new job you need a few things for?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2012-12-13, 10:20 am

Clark smiled, "Oh it's just construction work. It pays more than my freelance reporting gig, so maybe I can get a better place and. I start tomorrow, I hope. So it should be interesting."

He spotted the hardware store and pointed it out. "There's the store." It was still a New York City block away so they had a few more minutes to chat.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2012-12-16, 9:59 pm

Daria saw the building in the distance, it didn't stand out from the others but it looked as if it had been around the block for some time. "You're a reporter? Maybe I've read some of your papers before and haven't realized it yet. Have you ever read any of Draer Overo's things? He writes some very thought provoking and interesting takes on things. I think you'd like his work. The Dischanted, the Decline of Dragon culture was a very good one."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2013-08-30, 7:06 am

Clark shook his head. "No I haven't sorry. However I'll look into it. It shouldn't be too hard to find." He patted his wallet. "I do have a library card." He said with a smile. "As for my work it's just some fluff peaces on crime in the city among other things. It's in the Post. I just turned in an article this morning." He continued to move through the crowed. When a pick pocket tried to lift his wallet he quickly swatted their hand away with out pausing. "So how about you? Do you write?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2013-08-31, 4:50 pm

At that, Daria smiled slowly. "I do. Children's book mostly. Ever since I was younger I had a strong desire to write but I found myself enjoying writing young children books. I did make a few for a older audience but only a few in comparison. Though, I doubt you want to read any of my children's books." She teased good naturedly.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2013-09-18, 6:15 am

Clark smiled. "Well that all depends on how well written it is." He teased back. He walked a bit in silence then he turned to Daria "Hey, I just wanted to thank you. Not just for my wallet but for making me feel less of an outcast in your universe. It... Hasn't been easy these past few years. So... thanks." He pulled his hood up and looked up. "It's gonna rain soon." 

Clark looked at his walking companion. "Can I drop you somewhere?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2013-09-19, 2:46 am

Daria gave a small smile to that. "It's not a problem. A lot of people feel alone and isolated and they were born in this universe. And some people seem to have everything but they're the most miserable." She trailed off, eyes becoming slightly distant as she remembered something, but came back to the present just as quickly.

Rain..

That would have been a problem normally. Her kind of vampire and water did..not mix well. Luckily there was a market for such things so as such special pills were invented that diluted the effects of the water. As it turned out, it had to do with a biological reaction though Daria didn't understand the exact science behind it.

"We'll, if its not too much trouble at my friends house."
Daria said. "They live on sixth Avenue. Their parents live out in the country on a farm, so the city life took some adjusting for them at first."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2013-11-26, 7:27 pm

Clark nodded and with a slight smile he stepped close. Reaching an arm around her he pulled her close. She would notice that his body was very warm. "Step on my feet and hold on tight." He said and looked up and suddenly they were high in the air. Above the storm clouds it was very quiet. Well to most people it would be. However Clark could hear everything. He focused shutting out all sounds except for those close by. He looked through the clouds and spotted Sixth Avenue. "There it is. What's the address? I'll take you right to it."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2013-12-01, 3:40 am

Flying was a conflicting experience for Daria. In part it frightened her a bit even if she hid it well, the lack of utter control was terrifying but she steeled herself though it. If she could fight monsters and meet other challenging things, she could do this. Over time she relaxed the best she could on the flight finding it not as bad as she thought once she got used to it somewhat. She gave Clark the address and once they touched down she found herself more comfortable on solid ground, though she felt slightly dizzy; it was faint and went away.

She turned back to Clark, offering a smile. "I have to admit, flying like that was..interesting. I'm not used to it. I want to thank you for dropping me off. What are you going to do now?" She supposed she could invite him but he might have other things to do.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2013-12-02, 5:21 am

Clark gave a boyish grin. It had a hint of shyness in it. "I still have to stop by the hardware store and pick up some tools for work. It's a construction outfit." stepping back he nodded. He pulled out a small note pad. Something he made a habit of keeping on him from his old life as a reporter. He jotted down his phone number and handed it to her. "If you need anything. Give me a call."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2013-12-02, 5:20 pm

Daria looked it over briefly before putting it into her pocket. "I will. You take care of yourself Clark." For reasons she didn't know, the man gave off a aura that put her at ease. Normally Daria was a bit standoffish to strangers but polite before she got to know them. In a way that was still true for Clark but at the same time it was hard to keep her usual standard way of operating.

After knocking at the door, some moments later a woman who greeted them. "I was just wondering about you, come in."

Daria stepped inside. "Thank you for watching after Dorian for me. Where is he?"

The older woman shook her head. "They're asleep. They tuckered themselves out before too long. Why don't you tell me a bit about how your day has been over tea?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2013-12-03, 10:55 pm

Clark watched as she entered and when the door closed he shoved his hands in his pockets and made his way to the nearest hardware store. There he purchased a new toolbelt and some tools. Nothing much, hammer, screwdriver set, pliers and a wrench.

Once done there he looked at his watch. He had some time before he needed to be home. So he took the bus to the public library. There he worked on the intro to his story. 

"Lois, stay here." He reached up to his ear "Superman calling Watchtower. What just happened?" There was no response. "Superman to Watchtower J'onn do you read?" Again nothing. He looked to Lois and was about to say something when his earwig came to life. Batman was on the other end.

"Superman this is Batman. The Watchtower has been compromised. There's an unknown threat attacki-" he was cut off when all the lights turned off and every video screen in the house came on. There was a loud sound of something shrieking along with some slicking and moaning sounds. It was so loud Clark had to cover his ears. Something was blocking communications.

Clark looked again at Lois. "Get to Perry's. I have to go." He said and took off his glasses and tie. He opened his shirt to reveal the Crest of the House of El. The stylized "S" that the world knew so well. Soon he was in full attire and hovering off the balcony. He looked at his wife as she stood there holding her belly. She was almost due. Clark smiled. "I'll be back when I can. Be safe." He said

Lois had a worried look on her face. "You too Clark."

Superman turned and a blinding light flashed infront of him.

Clark's head snapped back and he jolted with a start. Looking around there were only a few people left in the library. There was a woman standing next to him. There were some books on the floor and the woman had a look of surprise on her face. It seemed she tried to wake Clark because it was almost time for the library to close and Clark startled her. He gave an apologetic look. "Sorry about that." He said and helped her pick up the books. 

Soon Clark had saved his story to a flash drive and checked out of the building. He started walking slowly back to his apartment. "He would have been two tomorrow." he muttered under his breath.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2013-12-04, 4:23 pm

Later in the evening when Daria had finally came home and got her son settled down she began to get a few things done she had been neglecting to do due to being busy. Her mind drifted back to Clark and her meeting of him. He seemed like he didn't really have any friends or anyone to really talk to from what was said.

Looking over the number he gave, she dialed it on the phone and waited. Maybe she could invite him to do something together, just for company sake.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2013-12-23, 1:26 am

Clark had just unlocked the door when his phone rang. He hurried inside and gave the place the once over. No one had broken in. That was a bit of a surprise. Setting his stuff down on the end table he picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Is this Juan Ramirez?" Came a thick middle eastern accent. It was a woman more than likely a telemarketer. "No sorry wrong number." He hung up the phone and took off his backpack. He couldn't help but think about Daria. She reminded his a lot of Lois. He knew of course that she wasn't. But still he couldn't help but notice the similarities in personalities. He shucked his jacket and kicked off his boots when his cellphone rang again. He looked at the number and didn't recognize it. He shrugged and answered it anyway. "Hello?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2013-12-23, 4:26 am

Daria waited for a bit longer, then answered. "It's me Daria. Sorry if this was a bad time, I just wanted to check in on you. I was also wondering if you were busy tomorrow? If you like, we can hang out a bit." She offered.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2014-02-06, 6:13 am

The corner of Clark's mouth turned upwards a bit. "Um, Sure. I should be getting off work at about five thirty." He sat down in his chair. "So what did you have in mind?" He was a little curious if this was a date or two friends getting together. Either way it was time to try and move on from what happened. Otherwise he would end up like Bruce.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2014-03-06, 3:29 pm

Daria paused a bit, then answered. "I didn't have much in mind, my son was going to have a play a bit later after five around six thirty. Just thought you wouldn't mind some company." She meant that, though she wasn't sure about dating but Clark seemed like he did need a friend or two. Though if something happened, something happened. After all if you were closed to what may happen because of past experiences you may miss out on something.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty2014-05-29, 2:38 pm

Clark smiled, "Six thirty sounds good. Where should we meet up?" he felt a little excited. For the past two years he's been pretty much stuck in a rut. Since the League was destroyed and the death of his wife he closed himself off. He figured it was time to branch out. Spending time with a friend could be just the thing he needed. Who knows what could happen?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallen from Grace   Fallen from Grace - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallen from Grace
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: New York-
Jump to: