The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-16, 3:13 am

Claire was taken aback. Did she just hear her right? "Y-you're here to see Junpei? Really?" She was genuinely surprised. Another glance toward the smiling Mary reassured her. "Okay...? Okay! If that's all, I can take yo--" A loud crash (sounded like glass breaking) from somewhere down that hall interrupted her offer. The crash was followed by a collective "Ooooooo!!" from a group of children near the crash. Claire rubbed her temples and whimpered.

"Mary, would you terribly mind finding Junpei for me? I need to take care of that..." She started off toward the crash's origin. "What just broke?!" She called out as she exited the room. Mary grabbed Aya's hand and pulled. She led her to the back of the building. The back door led to a small playground. There was a basketball court, a swing set, a sandbox and even a few slides. Junpei could be found amongst the group of kids scurrying to and fro on the court. He was kneeling, swinging one end of a jump-rope while a small girl swung the other end; two girls were jumping over the rope as it turned and singing in tandem.

"Jumpy!!" Mary called. Junpei turned his head and a wave of shock swept over him. He quickly handed off the rope to another child and stood upright, facing Aya and Mary.

"What are you doing here?" He spat out a little too quickly. His usual annoyed/stoic expression returned. Mary seemed to be thoroughly amused.

Last edited by Fuzzy on 2012-09-16, 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-16, 3:48 am

Aya couldn't help but giggle a little but she stilled herself, Junpei needed something. A smile was still on her face as she showed the envelope. "I just wanted to give you this; your father said it was important but I'm not sure what's inside of it. You seem to be a natural with these children."

Junpei seemed a bit rough around the edges, but she got the feeling he had a good heart. Her gut feeling had seemed to be correct.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-16, 5:11 am

"Tch." Junpei clicked his tongue as he swiped the envelope from her. "I'm just visiting today. That's all." Mary giggled as well. Junpei opened the envelop, as curious about its contents as Aya. His father usually didn't need to send him things, he had his son's cellphone number. The first item he noticed inside was a letter. He opened it and silently read it to himself. It was definitely his dad's chicken-scratch.

"Hey, dumbass! Check it out! Our guest went and found you all on her own with only a few instructions! Considering she's only been here for less than a day, I'd say that's a pretty decent accomplishment. Such a great effort should be rewarded, don'tcha think? I knew you'd agree! Which is why I included some extra cash in this little care package. It ain't for you, dumbass. I know you're set. Why don't you take Aya-chan around town a bit? Get her some new clothes! She's new to this world and a female. Can't expect her to run around in the same thing eveeryday!" Junpei's expression was no less than fuming as he continued to read through the letter. Was he not listening to him the night before?! "So go ahead and hang out! Just be back before dinner. And remember! I know all your secrets and can therefore manipulate you because I'm awesome. Toodles!" Junpei was seething as he finished the letter. He could hear the old bastard's smug voice even as he read the words. It took a strong will to resist the urge to launch a string of angered profanities.

A small box slipped out of the envelope with a note attached. He picked it up and eyed the small box, which turned out to be a disposable camera, then the note. It read, "P.S.: Take pictures!" A small caricature of Hiroshi's face was drawn on the note. Junpei immediately crushed the camera in his hand. "YOU LECHEROUS OLD BAS~ket case..." Junpei calmed himself before shouting out what he intended to say. Most of the kids in the play yard were staring at him. He handed Aya the first note, taking care not to give her the second. "Here, see for yourself. If you've got plans, we can postpone." His calm self returned.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-17, 4:41 am

Aya wasn't sure what was going on with the letter, but Junpei looked as if he was going to blow something important if he didn't. This made her a bit nervous. Just what was inside of the note that upset him so much? Was something bad going on she didn't know about?

It turned out to be like nothing she expected.

The Reploid gently took the note, scanning over it quickly. ..That was it? That was the reason he was so upset? Aya glanced at Junpei again. She didn't know if he disliked her company that much, or he simply didn't feel like doing anything. There was really no way to tell as she didn't know him.

"We don't have to go, if you don't want too." Aya said after a bit. "I don't want to be a burden and you've done enough already by just saving me and letting me in your home. Besides..this place..it's nice. It reminds me a bit of back home.."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-17, 5:11 am

Junpei was still grumbling a little about the other note when Aya spoke up. Judging by her words, and the annoyed look he was getting from Mary, he'd given them both the wrong idea. The words 'I can manipulate you' echoed through his mind in his father's voice, over and over. That old bastard is gonna pay for this later.

"A-ah, no. I meant--*sigh*... Dammit." He let a curse slip under his breath, quiet enough that the kids didn't hear. Junpei scratched his head. He wasn't about to tell her about the other note. "I wasn't mad, really. Me and the old man just have a... dynamic. Anyway, don't sweat it. I'm not busy after this so we can head out in a bit." He looked up at the building, thinking to himself. "You know, if you like it here, we could as Claire to set you up with a position or something. She's had her hands full lately."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-17, 5:37 am

Aya brightened up at that prospect, but tried not to look too eager. "Really? I'd like that. I want to help and I don't like sitting around doing nothing." That was true. Even when she didn't have a stable job, she was doing something active to help keep her mind busy. Whether it was gardening or something simple, Aya preferred to keep her mind doing something.

"We can leave when you're ready."
Aya smiled at Mary and crouched down. "Is it okay if I had a hug before I go?"
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-18, 1:44 am

Mary reached up and hugged Aya excitedly. "Yay! That means we can play later! Promise!" Mary smiled and started to skip away. "Oh!" She turned, curtsied to Aya and said "Bye, Jumpy!" before running back to her friends.

"Great. We can talk to Claire--" Another crash came from somewhere inside the orphanage, it was followed by an exasperated whine from Claire. "Uh... tomorrow. We'll come back first thing since she's pretty busy." He began leading the way toward the front exit, completely forgetting the small flower placed in his hair.

"You know, not only is this Japan, but it's a pretty damn big city. It'd be easier to start looking for a place if you described what you like or what you're looking for." Junpei said as they walked. His headphones lightly hummed with a slow beat.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-18, 2:31 am

Aya waved to Mary as she left smiling. "Later Mary." As they walked closer away, she couldn't help but wonder what was happening in the house. Poor Claire looked as if she was really busy. "Ah..we'll, just some clothes. I don't need much but a few others to wear would be nice. I'm not picky really, styles aren't that important in my mind."

There was something else nagging her. "..Did Mary, did she lose her eye?" She asked gently, referring to the fact she wore the eyepatch. It could however, be something else. There was a odd presence from
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-18, 3:36 am

Junpei's stride continued, though his face shifted to a more pensive look. After a few moments, he answered. "Sort of. She does have an eye, but it's complicated. Can't tell you much. If you wanna know more, you'll have to ask her yourself." He glanced at her from the corner of his eye. "It's good that you get along though. She usually doesn't like adult strangers." There was a reason for that as well.

Junpei chose a random store along their path. It had a wide array of clothing styles and accessories. "Go nuts. I'll follow."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-20, 12:42 am

Aya was quite as she absorbed this in. There was something more to Mary's story and she may or may not find out about it eventually, if Mary wanted too that was.

When they got to the store, the Reploid looked around. Not much of interest but there was a few things she liked. She wasn't going to overspend and she really didn't need a lot of clothes to begin with. For the most part. The things the young woman got were simple: shirts, pants and the like. Once she was satisfied and didn't feel like getting anymore she decided to head towards the cashier.

One of the people standing there was another customer. A young man in his twenties or so was occasionally watching them. Finally they came over to Junpei while Aya was distracted and finishing up checking out her last bit of clothes on a hanger rack.

"Do you know what you're hanging out with?"
The man said in a low tone. "I've seen enough kids lose their way. You don't have to waste your time with a wind up doll as a friend or girlfriend."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-20, 1:42 am

Junpei had mostly spaced out while Aya was shopping. That activity was among his least loved, so he simply listened to music and zoned out for the most part; providing input when prompted. He drifted in and out of the current situation, noting the clothing pieces Aya picked out. He shook his head after catching himself thinking that the clothes she had chosen were 'plain'. That dirty old man was putting ideas into his head.

He attempted to busy himself by flipping through his mp3 player in search of a better song. It was at this point, the other customer approached him. Junpei didn't look up from his player, nor did his expression change. "You don't seem to care what she thinks, so I'm guessing you're whispering because you know saying that's a good way to get punched in the face." His tone was annoyed, but distant. "Next time, keep it to yourself. The people I hang out with are none of your business." Junpei settled on a song and increased the volume to punctuate he was done listening to the man. He walked to the counter and helped Aya carry her bags out of the door.

Once outside, Junpei sighed and looked up at the sky. "Hey. Need anything else while we're out?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-23, 2:16 am

The man was not pleased, but left it alone going into a huff. Aya hadn't been paying attention to what was going on during the little escape. She rose up an was smiling with her clothes sqaured away.

"Not really. I got all I need." There was something seeming to nag Junpei and Aya's smile dropped a bit. "..Is something bothering you?"
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-23, 2:47 am

"Nah." Was Junpei's only answer as he started back for the house. He did mention one thing as they walked, however. "This world has its share of idiots. If someone gives you crap about what you are, ignore them. If that happens at the orphanage, let me know."

The house was empty upon their return. Hiroshi was still at work, after all. Junpei set the bags down in Aya's room. "I'll be in my room. You need anything or get hungry, just knock." He exited her room and flipped the sign on his door.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-24, 12:14 am

"..Okay."
Aya was confused by that statement but let it drop. When they finally arrived back at home, the Reploid found herself unable to just sit around. So instead while Junpei went into his room, she decided to cook for herself and him. She didn't want to use too much though, since she was still a guest here. However, Aya wanted to repay his kindness somehow, so she got to work.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-26, 7:29 pm

Junpei sat in his room, the only light coming from within was form his computer screen. A plethora of programs lay open on the desktop. With each sound bit he spliced, a dull sample of the tune would hum through his headphones. Cutting, looping, tuning, a format here and there... Normally Junpei would lose himself in his work for hours. A significant smell drifted upstairs and permeated his room. Was someone cooking? He checked the time on the lit screen. The old man shouldn't be back yet. "Tch." Junpei unplugged his headphones from the computer and slid out of his chair. Making his way downstairs, the scent grew heavier.

"Oi, oi!" Junpei rounded the corner and entered the dining room, looking into the kitchen. He stood behind the counter that separated the two rooms. "I said if you got hungry to just ask me. You don't have to do that."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-26, 7:50 pm

Aya was humming to herself as she cooked; so engrossed in her work she didn't even notice Junpei come until a bit later. So announcing his presence almost made her jump at first before she turned around and smiled at him. "I know. But I wanted to do something to help out. You've been kind to me when you didn't have too so..I wanted to do something. Besides I like to cook so.."

She blushed and turned back around. "A-anyway, it'll be done soon."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-27, 12:54 am

Junpei was at a loss for words after Aya returned to cooking. He couldn't exactly yell at her for that. Not to mention the face she made... He shook his head, getting rid of that thought entirely. "You're not too good at being a guest, are you?" He turned away and sighed in defeat. "Well, whatever." He took a seat at the counter, sitting silently for a bit.

"So. What'd you do before winding up here? For a living, I mean." His back was to her, watching her cook seemed like it would be an odd notion.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-27, 2:18 am

"I used to work at a childcare place. My mother owned it before she passed away and I took over the business. It had to be closed down when I got too behind the bills.."
Aya sighed slightly at that, but there was no use dwelling on it. She turned off the the stove and began placing everything on plates; setting them down for Junpei to eat as well.

"Then after that, I started just..traveling around. I never had a steady job after so I was constantly switching the next one."
Aya explained. "..Where I come from, there's only a few places worth of beauty. The skies are ugly. There's no cities except a few trapped in domes..it's nothing like this at all. I'm sure it has its downsides, everything does but I'd like to learn more about this world."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-27, 4:06 am

Junpei reclined in his chair, listening to Aya behind him. "Sounds like a pretty crazy place. I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting to go back, but it doesn't sound enjoyable..." The way she spoke of that world, it sounded pretty damn dismal. "This world's got its share of problems and crazy, but it's got its perks too. Dunno what your definition of 'beauty' is. There's plenty of sights to see around this place, though." Junpei turned around and looked at the plate. He placed his hands together in quick prayer. "Thanks for the food." Trying a bite, he had to hand it to her. "This is really good...!"

At that, the front door slid open. "Honey! Daddy's home!" Hiroshi's cheerful voice came bounding throughout the house. Junpei looked over his shoulder to see his father kick off his shoes, jacket and tie in one swift leap, and land in the seat next to him. He was too damn energetic. "Oh, man! Soup's on? Is this a great day or what?!" Hiroshi vivaciously patted Junpei on the back. "Aya-chan! You made this all on your own?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-27, 10:27 pm

Aya was starting to get used to Hiroshi, a bit. She smiled. "Yes I did. Welcome back home. I just wanted to repay back a bit for you two taking me into your home was all. How was your day?"

Hiroshi was a bit..eccentric but he seemed like a good person.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-28, 2:08 am

Junpei's usual disposition returned along with Hiroshi's appearance. "It's really no big deal, don't worry about it. And you don't have to humor him. In our world we generally ignore the crazies." He took another bite of his meal.

In response, Hiroshi swiped a piece of Junpei's food and ate it before he could react. "Mm-MM! My compliments to the chef. Work went by in a flash, today! A couple lines of zeros and ones and BAM! Instant genius." He snagged another bite from Junpei's plate while he wasn't paying attention.

"Damn it, GET YOUR OWN!" Junpei swung his arm out at Hiroshi, who promptly ducked the punch. He taunted his son in a quirky manner. The angel steamed a bit and returned to his food.

"What'd you crazy kids do today? Got along well, I hope?" Hiroshi entered the kitchen and started making himself a plate.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-29, 11:37 pm

Aya couldn't help but smile slightly, Hiroshi was strange but he had a way of uplifting the mood. "Nothing too much." She said going to have a seat. "We went to get some clothes and I visited where Junpei was. It was nice."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-30, 1:17 am

Hiroshi listened intently as he ate his dinner. "Alright! Sounds like things went smoothly. And judging by the flowers, I'm guessing there was a birthday at the orphanage, hm? A girl's right?" Junpei tensed at this and quickly removed the flower from his hair in embarrassment. Had he been wearing it all day?! Hiroshi snickered at this behavior.

"Mary's. She turned five."

"Aw, little Mary? Cute as a button. Looks like you got along just fine with her, too?" He said, pointing out the flower in Aya's hair. "Glad to see you're cohesive!" He took another bite. "Mm! And a damn good cook!"

Junpei silently chewed his food. Cohesive, huh? So that was the old man's angle... Having Aya traverse the street alone, setting her up to meet the orphans, an early shopping trip. Was it all to see how well she'd integrate into society? Risky, but an approach that yields quick results. Junpei was about to mentally praise his father when the old man suddenly leaned in close and whispered, just loud enough for him to hear.

"Ya get any good closeup pics?" Junpei caught Hiroshi's jaw with a quick uppercut, knocking him backwards. Hiroshi deftly caught his food on his plate and continued to writhe in pain.

"Aaaah, Aya-chan! I'm so glad you're here! Do you see how this dumbass treats his poor father?!"

"What the hell kind of father ARE you?!" Junpei shot back.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-30, 2:42 am

Aya couldn't help it. She actually giggled a bit before stopping herself, covering her mouth. "Are you two always like that?" She sounded a bit amused but otherwise she was happy. Right now she was content. This place still had a lot of things to learn about and she was trying to get them one at time. Right now she was enjoying taking things as they came.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty2012-09-30, 4:44 am

Junpei and Hiroshi answered simultaneously "He's ALWAYS like this!!" Junpei looked angry that they spoke at the same time. Hiroshi seemed quite pleased with himself. "Ever since this little dumbass found his way into my house I haven't been able to get a day of peace." Hiroshi said melodramatically. Junpei grumpily stood and washed his plate in the sink.

"I'll be upstairs..." He disappeared into the hall and back up to his room. Hiroshi watched him leave with a cheshire smile.

"He works hard, that kid."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)   Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Someday, It'll Be Different.(Private)
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next