The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Second Chance

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-08-30, 5:00 am

Cupid flew over the Pacific Ocean. He had to see her. Ever since Marcus informed him that she was alive he had to make sure she was okay before he left this plane. To his knowledge she was the only family he had left.

Off in the distance he saw the country of Japan and flapped his wings. Cupid passed up a commercial airliner as he made his way. A little girl smiled and waved at him. He smiled back and gave a salute. Again, he didn't sense love in her future. That was one of the things that worried him. Everyone he extended his senses to. He couldn't see love in their future. It was a haze. As if it was uncertain. That's how he knew something was happening and it was big.

Cupid flew over the Tokyo and circled it, reducing speed. He kept out of the heaviest air traffic and landed on Tokyo tower. Then he took the elevator down. He needed a map of Japan. It had been a long time since he's been here so he needed to get his barrings.

Walking over to a vendor he took a map and and spoke with the owner of the stand. He agreed to hand over his watch as payment for it. Along with a news paper, four packs of gum and a small case of Pocky sticks. He shoved them in every pocket he had and still had to carry a few. Looking at the map he found where he had to go. Taking the elevator back up the tower he went over to the safety rail and dropped off. He spread his wings and took off towards Heiwa City, 40 miles east of Tokyo.

He landed a few blocks away. Cupid really didn't know what to say so he used the time as he walked to think. By the time he got there he really didn't have an answer. So he swallowed thickly trying to gather his courage, walked up to the door and knocked.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-08-30, 5:10 am

A Second Chance Athena1

She'd sensed him coming. Of course she had, how could she not? Honestly, it made her happy, knowing he was coming. She had not seen him for so long... the only family she had left, so far as she knew. The instant she'd felt him arrive, she'd started for the door, pulling it open just after he knocked. Seeing him, she smiled warmly. "...It's been a long time, hasn't it, Cupid...?" She could sense Tiara peeking around the corner, and chuckled.

"Tiara, you can come out. I'd like you to meet my nephew." She backed up, holding the door open. "Please, come in...."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-08-30, 5:19 am

Cupid's hand was still up. He had a blank look on his face. "Uhhh....." He shook his head to clear it and stepped inside. "Γεια σου θεία, πώς σας έχουν;" *Hi Aunt, How have you been?*

He looked around. "Seems you've done well for yourself." He looked to Tiara and extended his hand. "Pleased to meet you, I'm Cupid."

((*= translated from the Greek language))
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-08-30, 5:27 am

Athena smiled, and surprisingly hugged her nephew once they were inside. "I've missed you." Over the years, living among mortals, she had become a much more open person. When she pulled away, Tiara shook his offered hand.

"Tiamat Pandra, but please call me Tiara. Welcome to Second Chances. I'll assume you are here to visit with Athena, so I'll leave you two alone. Would you like me to set up some tea or something in the visiting room?"

"That would be lovely. Though, Cupid, would you prefer something else?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-08-30, 5:33 am

Cupid shook his head "Tea's fine thank you." He looked back to Athena, "You look great aunt. How have you been?" He casually looked around. It seemed like a nice place. "A friend said you work here. How do you like it?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-08-30, 5:39 am

Athena led Cupid into the visiting room, and motioned to a chair at a table, taking a seat herself. "Thank you, and I've been fine, honestly. Living among mortals was difficult at first, but I found it grew on me. I prefer this life over life on Olympus, to be sure... and working here... I love it. The children are wonderful. It makes me want children of my own. Maybe some day, but... well, you already know why that hasn't happened, don't you? ...And what about you? How have you been?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-08-30, 5:47 am

Cupid smiled "I've been... okay. I've been living among mortals for some time now. I work at a night club in Seattle Washington called the Bronx. I'm a cook there." His smile faded. "It's been an enlightening experience. I prefer it to life on Olympus as well." He paused a moment. "Do you know if any of our family is still alive? I mean up until a short while ago I thought I was all that was left."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-08-30, 5:58 am

Athena paused, and shook her head. "I... don't know. I don't know if you were at the battle on Olympus, but it was... terrible. Zeus and Hera... I never fully realized just how powerful they were until that day. Many of us died, the rest were scattered. I have not seen or heard from them since. When I heard you were alive, I had hoped perhaps your mother was as well... she and I did not always get along, but she was still my sister... and despite the trouble she sometimes caused, she was not a bad person."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-08-30, 6:06 am

Cupid winced at the mention of the Battle of Olympus. "I was there, I was injured early in the conflict. I... I don't know about mom. I haven't heard anything from any one until a few days ago. This man named Marcus came to me. He knew right away who and what I was. He told me about you and where you were. I assume if mother was still alive he would have said something about her too."

He took off his quiver, setting it next to his bow. The he leaned back in his chair. "Thinking back... that was a very dark time. Much like now. I have this bad feeling." He shook his head thinking about that girl on the plane. He fidgeted with his tie.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-08-30, 6:08 am

Athena nodded softly. "You are right... and you are not the only one with a bad feeling. Considering the nature of your powers... you can't sense love in anybody's future anymore, can you?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-08-30, 6:19 am

Cupid lowered his gaze. "No I can't. It... it scares me. More so than Olympus." he continued to play with his tie. "I don't know what it means. Is something going to happen to the world? Or me? I don't know. Being what I am, what we are, not knowing... it's... inconceivable." He looked to his weapon of choice. "I... I wanna help. In any way I can. I just don't know where to start."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-08-30, 10:49 pm

"Neither do I..." She sighed, shaking her head. "I have a feeling we will know before long, though. We have some purpose in this world still. Whether it is to directly deal with what is coming, or just protect, remains to be seen."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-09-03, 6:17 pm

Cupid nodded "Yeah that's true, I just hate waiting. Along with that the not knowing is..." He let that thought trail off. He decided to change the subject.

He leaned back in his chair. "So, how have things been with you?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-09-03, 6:22 pm

Athena sighed softly again. "They've been good. After the fall of Olympus, I mostly wandered. It wasn't until about a century ago that I began living as if I were human. I just felt it was what I needed to do. It was hard, but... fun, really. Then I met Tiara about a year ago, and started working here... working with children is my calling, perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-09-03, 6:31 pm

Cupid nodded "Maybe, I haven't really found my 'calling' yet. Though I do take out the bow sometimes if I see someone who needs some... assistance." He shrugged. "Other than that i've been... wandering mostly. After the Trojan war I've tried to stick to the shadows. You know, work behind the scenes."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-09-03, 7:54 pm

Athena frowned at that. "I... never apologized to you for that. Because of a petty argument with Aphrodite and Hera... I know Zeus had planned the Trojan War for his own reasons, but still... I know it upset you greatly to use your powers for such a thing." She bowed her head to him. "I am sorry, Cupid, for my childish actions, and the trouble they caused you, indirectly or otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-09-08, 1:05 am

Cupid leaned forward "Hey, no. I don't blame you for that. If there's any one to blame it's me. I could have said 'no'." He reached out and placed a comforting hand on her knee. "It's not your fault. Don't think it was."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-09-08, 1:29 am

"No? You could have said 'No?' Cupid, you know the result of saying 'No' to Zeus. If you had, there is no telling what would have happened. Back then, you couldn't have known what result your actions would have had anyway."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-09-08, 1:43 am

Cupid nodded "He was a bit of a prick." He took in a deep breath and let it out in a whoosh. "Consequences or no, It was still my responsibility." He shook his head. "I really don't wanna dwell on the past. It's only a tool to learn from." He leaned back in his chair. "So, how do you think we should go about getting some information on what's coming?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-09-08, 1:51 am

Athena shook her head. "I'm not sure. At this point, all I can really do is wait for news. Tiara knows several people who are rather important, and is listening for anything and everything that might happen. Her and her brother Bahara."
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-09-08, 2:04 am

Cupid nodded. Then he stood. "Well, I guess I'll have to wait until I hear something. In the meantime. Is there anything I can help with?" He looked at his bow and quiver. "Also is there a safe place to store these?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-09-08, 2:24 am

Athena nodded, standing. "Tiara, can you spare a guest room for my nephew here?" The woman in question peeked around the corner, smiling.

"Of course. Second door on the left after yours." Athena smiled, and motioned for Cupid to follow her.
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-09-08, 2:31 am

Cupid took up his bow and quiver and started after his aunt. "So, what will I be doing here?" He was actually really curious about the place and its people.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-09-23, 3:30 pm

Athena smiled a bit. "Well, you can help watch after the children. Or some other way of helping the place. I'd ask if you are a good cook, but Tiara has that covered. Except when Mokou comes over; when she's here, she's the designated cook. Or Bahara, if he's here and Mokou is not. Being a single father made him a rather good cook." She led him to a decently sized room. It was bare of decoration, but had it's own bathroom, a dresser, nightstand, and of course a bed. "Why don't you tell me what sort of things you feel comfortable doing?"

Last edited by Aviaris_Sevanthis on 2014-03-10, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Exaultedsoulessone

Exaultedsoulessone

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty2012-09-24, 9:13 pm

Cupid thought about it. "Well by nature I'm a 'match maker' I understand emotions better than most, so maybe a counselor? Someone they can talk to. You know about things they normally wouldn't tell a normal adult." He looked around the room. "This is nice. All my stuff is in the US though. So we'll have to make a trip there." He set his bow on the dresser and took off his quiver.

He looked back to his aunt. He really missed his family. "I'll do what ever you need me to do. Cleaning, teaching, listening. Just name it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance   A Second Chance Empty

Back to top Go down

A Second Chance
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: Japan-
Jump to: