The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Growing Pains

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-07, 12:36 am

Tomoya raised an eyebrow. "Meet me in person? That means Kieth has talked about me. My heart is all aflutter." He accentuated this by clasping his hands and getting a blissful smile on his face. A split second later, he dropped back into his usual bored expression. "Now that that nonsense is out of the way, I gotta say, if Keith has said anything about me, then you have to know I'd be the one getting him into trouble, not out of it. Nice to meet you though."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-07, 1:38 am

She smiled to that. "I know. I was just more teasing to give Kieth a hard time. I'll be right back." Felecia left for about a minute and came back with some tea at the table after temporary 'closing' the shop. She'd resume business once this was done. When Kieth had first mentioned that Sheila was his daughter, she had been worried it had been Mary; but the girl was too young for that unless he had a child with someone prior. That Reyna woman had also been out from the get go; he hadn't known her that long. It was that and 'Sheila' didn't seem to have any features resembling her. True children sometimes didn't look like either parents, but their was usually something.

It was that and there was no devil blood in them what so ever. Not in their energy.

"Kieth talks about all his friends actually, more about things back in Japan." She set the tea tray down, then went to have a seat. "But I know you're not here just to talk. What's on your mind?"

Kieth didn't care for tea too much normally, but she was good enough at it he didn't really notice. "I came here because originally I had the idea of getting you to watch after Sheila when I couldn't. Between school and work I can't be around all the time and I definitely can't leave her by herself." He sighed. "Sheila..is Mary's daughter. In another realm." Besides the scowl, she didn't interrupt him. "Anyway, before we got here some man named Kuro came. He claimed to be working for the step dad who wanted her back. But he left, saying there was going to be others to get her."

"So that's why I'm a bit hesitant, didn-
" This time Kieth was interrupted.

Felicia surprisingly leaned forward a bit and flicked Kieth gently on the forehead. It didn't really hurt, but it was surprising if people knew it actually stung a bit even if very lightly.

"Oh hog wash, now you're just being silly. I'm a old woman but I can take care of myself just fine Kieth." She reached into her pocket, pulling an old, worn badge for Tomoya and Kieth to see. It was a Nobus badge, though in a older style then before naturally, but it was definitely a higher ranked one. Kieth was surprised, she had never told him about this part of her past.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-07, 1:49 am

Tomoya grinned. "Oooh, I like her, Kieth. Can we keep her?" Fiesty women always interested him, and while Felicia was a bit too old for him, he liked her in the sense that he'd enjoy her company. "Glad he's got you here. You'll keep him from being stupid, I bet. That, and Sheila needs a positive female presence in her life, cause we all know she needs it, considering who her mother is. Not sure if Reyna counts, when she's around..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-07, 2:33 am

"I've never met Reyna in person, but with how he talks about her, I would think so.A female dog would be a upgrade from Mary." Felicia said, Kieth looked very slightly embarrassed as she crossed her arms a bit. "Which you need to fix, by the way. Anyway, I would be more then happy to watch after her while you're away. It would give me something to do and keep these old hands busy."

She smiled at Sheila. "I look forward to getting to know you little one." Sheila's mouth twiched very briefly and faintly into a smile for a moment. The old woman turned back to the two men. "You two, we'll more Tomoya. I like to make it a habit to get to know more of Kieth's friends when they're around here. Makes a old woman feel nice and cosy. Did any of you two want anything to eat?"

Kieth shook his head. "Ate not too long ago, not too hungry."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-07, 2:45 am

Tomoya smiled. "I'm good, but thanks for the offer. To be honest, I doubt I'll be around much, but I'll visit when I can, no worries."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-07, 11:38 pm

The old woman seemed to be fine with that, and after a bit turned to Kieth. "Do you plan on dropping her off here tomorrow or..?"

Kieth shook his head. "Tomorrow I'm going to be off to, but after that I have to get back to working. Anyway, me and Tomoya have held you up long enough from your business. We'll see you soon."

She smiled. "I'll hold you to it. Nice meeting you Tomoya."

Then the three parted ways, Felicia having opened the shop back up. Kieth headed back home, he seemed to be thinking. Sheila on the other hand while quite seemed to relax just a bit more then before, though why was that the case was anyone's guess.

"I see you've returned empty handed. I am curious of why that is." Braxus was standing looking out the window while Kuro had showed up inside the man's large library.

"I found them, but the father was unwilling to part with them. Given the location I was unable to do much else." If Braxus picked up anything off, he didn't comment on it.

"Hm." They turned around to Kuro. "I'm not terribly surprised. Though the fact you found them is comforting." He honestly had no huge attachment to Sheila, it was more her potential power. Something like that shouldn't go to waste. "Once I gather a few things, I'll see about paying them a visit. If my vassals prove too incomptent then I'll do so myself."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-08, 3:16 am

Tomoya was silent as they walked back, glancing around every so often. "I'll have to go back soon if I want to have time to get my sleep schedule on track in time for work. I'll try to visit when I can though, alright?" He paused. "And I'll be honest, kinda want to stick around Evelyn's place for a little bit. Just to look, mind you. I'm not so pent up and frustrated yet that I'll sleep with just anyone, heh.."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-08, 4:20 am

Kieth chuckled a bit to that. "Okay, okay. I'll let you go, don't have too much fun over there. I'll see you later then Tomoya." When they reached the door of Kieth's apartment. Sheila surprisingly turned to Tomoya and waved just faintly as he went to leave. That shocked Kieth. He hadn't been expecting her to do that but at the same time it made him more then happy.

He entered his apartment with his daughter, closing the door behind him. Today hadn't been too eventful but sometimes no news was good news. He was going have to keep a eye out with people gunning to bring Sheila back. In the mean time he was just going to take it easy with her there.

Tomorrow would no doubt be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-08, 4:30 am

Kieth really had no idea, as the next morning, he would wake up to see a familiar face. Reyna was sitting on the edge of his bed, leaning over him with her hands on either side of him and her hair framing her face, a small smirk on her lips as she waited for him to wake. She wanted to see how he'd react.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-08, 4:52 am

It took a moment for Kieth's vision to come to focus. And when it did and he saw Reyna hovering over him he was sure this was a dream. That notion was quickly shattered however because it felt too real to be one. That was when the implications of Reyna in his room in his bed made his mind go to places it shouldn't but he couldn't help it.

He..didn't want to get his buddy too excited. Not yet. So he thought of unnattractive things to keep him distracted. But he already knew it was going to be a losing battle. Gig in a dress. The soccer team naked and swimming. Reyna naked and swimming-

Oh, god damn it.

"..Reyna?" He said, voice just slightly strained and off.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-08, 4:57 am

Reyna raised an eyebrow, glancing down at the tent Kieth was pitching. After a moment, she met his eyes again. "Well, somebody is excited. Have a nice dream? Or is it something more.... recent?" She knew full well how he felt about her. However, she wasn't sure about her own feelings, nor was she even sure she was ready for a serious relationship. However, she enjoyed his company, and couldn't help but tease.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-08, 5:44 am

Kieth couldn't help but chuckle just a bit at what she said, though he was still partly embarrassed by this. We'll, more of his 'reaction' then anything else. "I'd have to say it was more recent. What brings you here..I mean; in my room."

Visiting wasn't so strange, but this was a first. Not that he was complaining.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-08, 5:48 am

Reyna shrugged. "I showed up, you were asleep, I wanted to mess with you a little." She slipped off the bed, but patted his thigh, very near his 'problem'. "Well, get out of bed and make me breakfast. You can explain the little girl in my old room while you work." She slipped out of the room gracefully, quite pleased with herself.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-09, 1:22 am

That woman is going to be the death of me someday.

Kieth watched her leave, then reluctantly got out of bed, going to the shower not only for hygiene but to take care of his 'problem' he had. After that was done and getting dressed, he headed out of his room and into the kitchen where Reyna was waiting. There was no signs of Sheila, he was going to let her sleep a bit longer before waking her up. At least until the food was done; that way he could just talk to Reyna first.

After checking the fridge and a few other things, he decided to get started with the story. "Okay, I'll get to the point. It started the other day.." And while he explained everything to Reyna, he was making breakfast at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-09, 2:49 am

When Kieth was done, Reyna had a slightly distasteful look on her face. "The idea of you breeding with that woman... no offense, Kieth, but even dating her makes me question your intelligence. We all make mistakes though. I should know, I've made quite a few. Still, seems something good came out of it." Then, Kieth would suddenly feel a rather intense pressure, as Reyna wanted to make sure he got the gravity of what she was about to say. "You are saving that girl from a likely abusive home. You are getting a chance to do things right, unlike me. You make that little girl happy or I'll kick your ass."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-09, 3:31 am

Kieth knew the thing with Mary wasn't one of his better movements, only thing that could be said was the fact he didn't have a kid with her in this realm too. He tried not to think about how it was different in the other realm too much. At her last words, it was something he already knew but still.

"I know." He knew all too well. There was still doubts if he could raise Sheila but it wasn't as if he was alone with things; not to mention he had an obligation to at least try. And he was, if it was the last thing he did. "It's going to take time but already she's slowly getting better. She's still really skittish of course but there's little signs."

He was about to continue when he noticed Sheila had woke up and wandered in, noticing Reyna as well. At least she wasn't jumpy or anything about her being here. "Hey." He said gently. "I was going to get you a moment ago. Over there is Reyna, she's a good friend of mine like Tomoya from yesterday."

Sheila blinked a bit, looking from Kieth, then to Reyna. It was almost as if she was trying to decide on what to do. "..Morning.." It was very quite and hard to hear, but since both had enhanced senses they would have picked it up.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-09, 3:36 am

Reyna turned to Shiela... and smiled softly. "Morning. Sheila, correct? It's nice to meet you. I'm going to be around for awhile, so I hope the two of us can get to know each other."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-09, 3:04 pm

Sheila wasn't sure why, but she felt a bit more comfortable around Reyna. She was still a bit cautious but she was opening up to Kieth at a very fast rate all things considering. She nodded to what the young devil said and then went to have a seat; this time at the one Kieth had made for her. It was one that was close between Reyna and Kieth.

Kieth smiled at this and then finished up a bit of his cooking, turning everything off before he got a plate for everyone. He wasn't sure what they were going to do today but he didn't really care as long as it was with Sheila and Reyna. "So besides things here with Sheila what have you've been up to?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-09, 3:12 pm

Reyna shrugged a bit. "Just doing the odd traveling here and there. Visited Tiara for a bit. It was difficult at first, considering, but I rather like her now. I also got to know Evelyn's daughter a bit better. A nice girl, if a bit... confused at times. Other than that, not much to say. Was rather boring. I also missed your cooking. Good food is disturbingly hard to find. At least, food that I consider good."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-10, 2:18 pm

Kieth smirked just ever so slightly. "Ah. So it was the cooking that kept bringing you back." He teased slightly. There was something else he hadn't thought about that occured to him. If Reyna was going to be staying with them for a while, assuming she stayed here and not some hotel, where would she end up sleeping? The room she had stayed in was being used by Sheila, though thinking about it, he guessed he could sleep on the couch and let her have the bed.

Back in his high school days that's how he often ended up sleeping at anyway. With how things were now, he literally couldn't afford to be as lazy as he had been before. Now that he was taking care of Sheila, that pretty much kissed those days goodbye. Not that he minded. It was a small price to pay.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-10, 6:49 pm

Reyna smiled at that. "That and the pleasant company." Suddenly, she turned to Shiela. "Dear, after breakfast, would you like to do something? Go for a walk, to a park, anything? You should have some fun for once."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-11, 12:13 am

Sheila wasn't used to being 'asked' if she wanted to do something. Back at her home things were under a very strict schedule. For the most part her mother didn't give her too much attention as she was 'busy' with other things. Braxus had thought it important for her to learn things in preparation for the real world, thinking games and such were foolish and a waste of time.

She never thought much of it, not really. That was until she saw how some of the other kids when she was outside once. They all seemed so..happy.

Kieth and Reyna seemed nice; they were different from Mary and Braxus. Maybe this would be her special place after all.

"Park..I want..to see the park.."
It was the most Kieth had heard her say and made him smile a bit.

"Heh, we'll you know what you want. All right, park it is." Kieth didn't waste too much more time with things, once everyone was done he headed out but waited for Reyna and Sheila. The later was keeping close to both adults but she seemed more relaxed then before.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-11, 1:10 am

Reyna walked calmly with Sheila and Kieth, looking rather pleased, though dignified as always. When they reached the park, Reyna looked to Sheila. "Here we are, Sheila; the park." She held out her hand to the young girl, and grinned. "Come on then."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-11, 3:53 am

Sheila looked at the hand for a moment, seeming to think. Then after a bit longer she slowly, and shyly took Reyna's hand, her tiny fingers fitting perfectly into the older woman's larger ones. The scene made Kieth feel a bit warm, though he couldn't place all of it. A large part of it was probably the first and only time he saw Reyna 'motherly' towards a child; along with Sheila opening up faster and faster the more time she spent with them.

The half-angel gently tugged Reyna along, gaining a bit more confidence as she headed towards the swings: her goal was obvious.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty2012-03-11, 12:31 pm

Reyna couldn't explain it at first, the reason why she was acting like this. The instant Sheila took her hand, however, it hit her. This was her chance to make things right. She failed her own daughter, in her eyes, but now she had the chance to make up for it, in a way. She'd lost her chance to be a mother to her daughter long ago, but now was her chance to do right by a child, to be there for a child that needed the affection of a 'mother'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Growing Pains
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: New York-
Jump to: