The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Home for the Weekend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Home for the Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-02-22, 2:29 am

((Continued from: https://verseproject.forumotion.com/t337p75-what-good-is-peace ))

In flash of white, the group appeared in a rainy street. Luckily, they were positioned on the sidewalk and out of harm's way. The streets were full of people and packed with traffic. There was a small amount of people actually startled by their intrusion.

"W-wow. We made it almost dead on..." Samael was amazed. They were actually right across the street. He had expected much less due to prior experience. He motioned for the others to follow him and made his way across the street with Sam in tow. He unlocked the door to a large apartment complex and stepped inside. Walking all the way to the back of the hallway, he looked into the peephole before unlocking the door. A small click was heard as his eye was scanned. "Professor Bryant is... informal. Please do not let demeanor askew your opinions of him." Samael told the others.

The apartment was not what one would expect. In fact, it looked like a full-scale house in terms of space. Samael stepped through the doorway and called out. "Hello? Mrs. Bryant? I'm back... and I brought guests."

Home for the Weekend Marianne_Stock_001

A tired woman sprang up from the couch. Apparently, she had been sleeping. She yawned before turning her head to the visitors. "Oh, hey Sammy. 'Bout time you showed up." Her eyes grew wide as she saw another person of interest. She leaped over the sofa and hug-rushed Sam. "Samantha! You're home too! Ooh, you haven't been home in ages!" She gushed over her daughter.

"It's only been six months, Mom." Sam said embarrassed, hugging back. Samael was taken aback.

The woman released her grip on Sam and addressed the others. "Hello, everybody! My name is Marianne. Nice to meet ya'll! Raphael's down in his lab. I'll go get him right away." She left the room in a rush.

Samael stammered. "Y-you really a-are his..."

"You didn't know?" Sam asked teasingly.

Samael averted his gaze embarrassed. He had his suspicions, but shrugged them off as coincidence. A moment later, Marianne returned with a tall, blonde man wearing a lab coat.

Home for the Weekend Raphael_Stock_001

"Sammy! You're like three weeks late! I mean, come on. I gave you a teleporter!" He casually greeted Samael, who chuckled nervously. "Well, whatever. I'm sure your excuse will be funny. Daughter! You have returned to us!" He exclaimed, hugging her. "Now, who are all of you people?" He asked cheerily.

Last edited by Fuzzy on 2012-02-23, 12:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-02-22, 2:59 pm

Isamu had to admit, the technology the Earth Realm had was rather impressive though it seemed a bit wide spread. She had never figured out why some of these things hadn't completely revolutionize the entire industry. She had seen some changes, but years later coming back and it seemed not as much had changed as she thought. The was probably a reason for that.

The two mana signatures she had picked up since coming to the apartment were rather interesting, but from what she could tell so far she was going to like both of Sam's parents.

She smiled and bowed slightly. "Isamu Hama. Nice to the meet the master of the house." As a Rune Knight, she did tend be through with manners, duty and protocol. Though since coming with Laharl and his other band of misfits, she had since loosened up but something's didn't change too much.

"Juro Katsu."
The ninja said. There was one thought that entered his mind as he saw the object in the man's hands:

He kind of wanted to test that gun. Strange since he was used to hand to hand. But it made since, given that Sam's weapon had to be custom made and built as it wasn't something you just picked up at the shop.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-02-22, 4:29 pm

Kiyoshi seemed almost pleased by the energy of the people of the house, while Michi seemed exasperated. She had enough problems with Kiyoshi. Still she was the first to introduce herself, bowing politely. "Michi Masako. It is an honor to meet you."

"Kiyoshi Hama Sasayaki, nice to meet you both!"
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-02-23, 3:32 am

"Alright! It's a pleasure to meet all of you." Raphael greeted generally after acknowledging them individually. Marianne tugged at his coat from behind with a slightly agitated look about her face. Raphael obliviously looked over his shoulder only to realize her message when she pointed at the weapon he held. "Oops! Haha, sorry about that. I've been working on this thing for the past few days. Didn't even realize I had it on me! Excuse me a moment. Mar, can you show them to the lounge for me?" "Sure, Hun." He disappeared back from whence he came.

"Okay! Everybody follow me~!" Marianne said with a tune. She led the group around the corner into a meeting-hall sort of room. There was a long table in the center of the room, but no chairs. Large tiles with short protruding tubes lined both sides of the table. "Have a seat where you like! I'm gonna make some tea." She left for the kitchen.

Samael and Sam walked to different sides of the table and stood in front of a tube respectively. The tiles made a dull noise when they stood on them. As they began to sit, a light shot out from the small tubes, forming a luminescent chair beneath them. "These things work by your weight, so stand on a tile before you sit." Sam explained.

After a few minutes, Raphael entered the room. "If you're all comfortable, we can start." He took a seat at the end of the table so he could face everyone. "Now, you live here and you work for me." He stated pointing at Samantha then Samael. "So what brings the rest of you to my home?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-02-24, 2:25 pm

Juro found himself some place to sit, as did Isamu. The former was wandering if this sort of technology would ever going to be common on earth anytime soon. But that wasn't important, now was time to get to business.

"I admit, I mostly came because of Juro to help keep them out of trouble." Isamu said.

"I was more wandering if you knew anything a bit about what's been going on."
Juro explained. "There has been someone experimenting with humans and turning them into feral werewolves and other creatures." He then went on to explain what happened, making a abridged summary of it.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-02-25, 4:33 am

((:Skip upon request:))

Marianne returned to the room with a tray in hand. She set a cup of tea in front of everyone, one by one. She set the empty tray down near her husband and listened to the conversation.

Raphael leaned back in his 'chair' and listened intently to Juro's recap. He interlaced his fingers and peered at him through his tinted shades, a very serious look masked his thoughts. After Juro finished Samael passed the Professor the chip he acquired. Raphael handled the chip carefully and leaned forward to speak.

"I have heard of these incidents and your encounter was not the first. Samael has reported a few occurrences similar in nature. Each of them involved an unaware victim using a foreign energy that their bodies do not normally process. I'm sure Nobus will want to hear of this chip's existence." The scientist shot his assistant a disparaging glance, in response Samael looked down in apology. Raphael was sure the situation would be frowned upon for breaking procedure, but the chip would likely have reached him anyway. He handed the chip to his wife for a cursory inspection.

"At this point in time, I can't tell ya much. Judging by your description I can safely say they were being remotely controlled. The size of the chip is very small, it's incredibly complex to be able to handle different energies interchangeably; the creator was no amateur. It can also forcibly inculcate and magnify energies." Marianne eyed the chip as if it were a new toy while she explained. She reluctantly returned it to Raphael.

Raphael chuckled confidently. "Nothing we can't handle, however. I'll need a few hours to examine it, but I should be able to determine the chip's capabilities and range. For remote control, the controller was likely within a certain distance of the victims." He carefully pocketed the chip. His attitude suddenly became very stern. Leaning with his fingers interlaced, elbows on the table, he continued. "I'm no officer, so I can't make you do anything. But as an employee of Nobus I must ask that each of you stay out of this affair from here on out. This will likely escalate to an investigation and the perpetrators involved are obviously dangerous."

The angel closed his eyes, furrowing his brow. "YOU TWO!" Both Samael and Samantha jumped slightly, knowing all to well to whom he spoke. "...Your actions I can control. You are to stay out of this matter. No discussions."

"Yes, sir." "Yes, sir." The two chimed in unison, already entertaining ideas that contradict his command. Marianne stifled a giggle. She knew the two were likely to disobey the scientist.

Raphael's face softened as he addressed the group. "I'm afraid that's all I can tell you for now. Lack of information, you see."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-02-27, 11:45 pm

(turn order screwed me up, its still my turn then Aviaris after)

Isamu was silent through out the story. She was an intelligent woman and while she conclude somethings or make guesses, technology was largely not her forte. It was more something in the Makai by other Overlords such as Lord Zetta, Alex or even that despicable 'Underlord'(self proclaimed) Seedle.

"I have no issues with no longer pursuing things. I simply wanted to keep a eye on Juro after that fight he got into. In that case, I'm afraid we're likely to be leaving soon.." Isamu glanced at Juro. "..You don't plan getting further involved in this do you?"

Juro shook his head. "No, not really. I came here for what I needed to do."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-02-28, 12:34 am

Kiyoshi shrugged. "If Mom isn't involved, and Juro's not involved, I have no other real reason to be involved, so I'm fine." Michi, on the other hand, frowned.

"I have no reason either, but I should mention that it's possible we could be targeted because of the fact we fought them. It's a possibility. If that happens, then it's obvious we are already involved in things to a degree that we can't get out of it. Still, until things are shown to be that way, I'll stay out of it."
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-02-28, 5:07 am

"Then we're all good!" Raphael proclaimed. "Were there any other questions? If not, I'll be getting to work on this chip. Then dreading the heap of paperwork to follow." It was the only true bore in life for the angel.

((OOC: Completely drawing a blank...))
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-03-02, 1:31 am

(It's cool)

Isamu shook her head but stood up. "No, I'm quite fine, but thank you. It was nice meeting you and your family. Your daughter is spirited." We'll, that was true. She liked the half-angels attitude at any rate. "Juro?"

"Same." The ninja stood up, relaxed. "Michi has a point, but I think we should all be fine. As long as we stick together for now." He had been sort of hoping for a bit more of the solo work, but oh well. It wasn't as he was doing anything and all three of them were his friends.

The eldest of the group then proceeded out the door, waiting for them, and then turning to the others. "When we get set up, just for the first couple of nights I would like to see about sleeping shifts."

Juro paused. "Is that really needed?"

Isamu shook her head. "Perhaps not, but I don't want to chance it. Just for the first few days. Is there any objections to this plan?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-03-02, 3:44 pm

Kiyoshi simply shrugged, not really having anything to say on the matter, nor did Michi, who simply shook her head slowly. Both of them mostly just wanted to go home.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-03-02, 5:59 pm

"Always a pleasure to have company." Raphael said, standing up. "Time to get to work. If anyone needs me, that's too bad! Lab time." He left the room and headed toward his lab. "Sammy, see them home if need be." The angel tossed a small device to Samael on his way out.

"Y-yes." He stood and walked to the group at the door. "If you need to go back to London, I can take you there now."

"Samantha, help me clean..." Marianne half whined. Sam sighed and smiled. "Yeah, yeah..." She helped her mother clear the table.

((OOC: I hit that brick wall again. Sorry guys. Someone else can GM.))
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-03-10, 1:33 pm

(I can't think of much either, think its best to take a small break for a bit)

Isamu nodded. "Yes please. It would be much faster then taking a plane all the way back there." Juro didn't say anything but he was prepared to leave as well back to London; having a few things to do there himself.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty2012-03-12, 2:56 am

Kiyoshi responded to this by waving to the others. "It was nice meeting you guys. Maybe we'll meet again someday." Michi nodded, smiling as well.

"Farewell."

(There.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home for the Weekend   Home for the Weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

Home for the Weekend
Page 1 of 1