The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Sickness

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

The Sickness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-23, 3:46 am

The Sickness - Page 2 Ruko24
The Sickness - Page 2 F8

Ruko nodded, hurrying to go to Sesshomaru's side. Shortly after Kanzenabi dialed, the other end was picked up. "I'm gonna guess this is about those idiot vampires?" Seemed Leila had already heard. "I keep tabs on those important to me, so imagine my surprise when I was informed that my favorite puppy not only had a kid, but that the mother was a prissy vampire who's aiming to brainwash the kid with her bullshit. I'm gonna assume you are calling to tell me you are going down there to knock them down a peg?" That was Leila. Straight to the point as always. Surprisingly little teasing, aside from calling Sesshomaru her 'favorite puppy'.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-23, 4:17 am

"Something like that." Kanzi wasn't surprised, Leila was always to the point and that was something she liked about her. "How were you able to find out so soon? Even I only knew relatively recently." By that, she meant not even a week had gone by yet after she had found out. "I think the Isshan clan is of the opinion they can get away with whatever they want, that may be fine until they decide they want to keep my granddaughter away."
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-23, 4:24 am

(...post accidentally deleted. Leila talked about the fact she was on her way, just heard of things, and had entertained the idea of using political force to get things done.)

Last edited by Aviaris_Sevanthis on 2011-03-23, 4:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-23, 4:43 am

Kanzi was silent for a moment as her mind began thinking. First, she began to think of the possible occurrences certain actions would cause based on what she knew about the clan and the people she was with. From there she began to think of the best possible ways of getting through the mess with the least amount of grief; all of them were a bit messy in the end but if they could save themselves some trouble it would be worth it.

"Slight of hand then." The dog demon said. "Unfortunately, and fortunately in some cases, its not like the old days where you merely beat the opposition into the ground. That's why I am rather found of Netherworld politics. That aside, I think its best to wait for you to come before we set out. We might be in for a fight, but not a physical one as they aren't suicidal, but it would be a thinking person's fight. It's too bad I've been playing the game much longer then most of them."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-23, 4:53 am

The Sickness - Page 2 F8

You could practically hear Leila grinning on the other end of the line. "Yeah, I hear ya. As I said, already on my way, I'll meet you outside of that pompous mansion of theirs. By the way, I have a suprise for you. I'll reveal it after this has all been settled. It's pure spite, and a 'insult to injury' move after we've gotten our way. See ya there." There was a click, and she was gone.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-23, 9:48 pm

Kanzi was curious of what Leila had planned at the end but decided it could wait as she had more important things at the moment, like deal with a certain upstart vampire and get her grand baby back. She didn't waste anytime and went up to Sesshomaru and Ruko, but addressed Fala.

"I'm sorry but we have to take care of something, we'll be back when we can. I promise I'll explain when I get back." She told Fala and gently patted Shippo on the head once(who was on the Neko's shoulders) "You're the man of the house until Sesshomaru gets back."

"Okay, come back soon." Shippo was pleased to hear he was the man of the house, even if he was really a kid.

"I'll drive."

Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow to that for some reason.

And soon Ruko would know why.

After some driving that almost seemed like Hollywood, they managed to make it to their destination, the three of them. They had barely managed to get there without breaking any laws or speed limits, but she had still been pushing things to the edge. It had been remarked on, more then once how she had managed to get her drivers license but that was another story for a different day.

Leila had said she be there, so Kanzi was looking for her for a moment before they put that vampire in her place.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-23, 10:04 pm

The Sickness - Page 2 L

As it turned out, they didn't have to look for long. Almost immediately, Leila's face appeared in front of them, upside down. She was perched on the roof of the car. "Still drive like a maniac, I see. Unimportant though. So, ready to go in there and rip some idiots a new one?" She paused, spotting Ruko, and grinned. "You must be Ruko. Nice to meet you, but we'll do all the introductions later."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-24, 2:38 am

Sesshomaru somehow wasn't surprised that Leila was there, though he had to ponder how she had gotten there in the first place. She sometimes had the habit of appearing when he least expected in places he least expected it. If he had to make sense of it and he didn't know any better, he would say Leila took lessons from Suzume.

Not that he wouldn't put it past Leila.

"I would ask how you got there, but you have your ways." Sesshomaru was at the moment, not giving much away in his mannerisms or speech. His face was hard to read and he seemed calm. However, Kanzi knew better as she knew her pretty well, he was upset but instead of exploding, he tended to keep it inward. This gave some people a false sense of security before he striked, as it was very rare for him to be outwardly really angry.

Not wanting to waste anytime, Kanzi moved to where the door was and knocked, waiting. About a couple of minutes later, a rather tall vampire answered. He looked from Sesshomaru, Kanzi Leila, then Ruko, then shrugged. "I expected you to show up after Elsa contacted you. Come in."

Kanzi, Sesshomaru and the others entered, the front room was very well designed with old art and such hung around. The battler seemed bored, though not rude, more of like he was doing a job and wanted to leave.

"We'll, we'll, I wish I could say this was a surprise. But we both know that's not the case, is it?"

The Sickness - Page 2 Princess

Walking down the stairs was Elsa, long black hair and green eyes, she also had on a rather elegant dress. By her side was a tall man, his clothes were a bit old fashioned but it seem to fit, they had more traditional vampire traits, sporting red eyes and long silver hair. It was her father Issac.

She regarded them, somewhat bored indifference there but also hints of amusement. Like she knew things the others didn't and would gladly keep those secrets to herself. "Playing with lizards now, Sesshomaru, laying on her back for you hm?"

"With your reputation, being on your back is something you're quite familiar with." Kanzi stressed the words.

"Hold your tongue for once before you get hurt, Elsa." Issac said sternly, turning to them. "Why are you in our domain?"

"I'm here for my daughter." Sesshomaru said in a calm, matter-of-fact tone. "I didn't come here for idle chatter, I want to see her."

"..Daughter?" The elder vampire said slowly. "You can't possibly mean Elsie, she doesn't bear your scent, though she is an half-breed..."

"And I can assure you, the father while a Dog Demon isn't Sesshomaru." Elsa said. "Not just the scent but other traits as well."

"I think We should be the judge of that, because you're about as reliable as the weather. If that's true why would you bother telling me she was?" Kanzi asked.

Elsa shrugged. "Maybe I was bored?"

"....." Sesshomaru didn't reply or make any cues though the temperature around him seemed to drop a bit.

"You're not clever or funny, little girl." Kanzi cool tone was a reminder of Sesshomaru.

"We'll, I can't expect everyone to appreciate good humor, can I?"

"..Elsa." Issac said, his patience running thin with his daughter. "When two elders are talking about something important, what is the proper thing to do?"

".....?!" Elsa's mask broke for tenth of a second to show annoyance, mostly at her father.

"I believe they're silent until called upon or have something worthwhile to say." Kanzi supplied innocently.

"But father..!"

"Be silent Elsa." Issac turned to Kanzi. "I apologize. That said, I'm going to need some type of proof for your claim. But there are other ways.." He turned to the Butler. "Please go bring Elsie for a moment, though don't mention anything about what's happening, I want this confirmed first before anything; just say its a game." They nodded in response and went up stairs.

Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-24, 10:33 am

The Sickness - Page 2 L

Despite a slight hint of irritation showing on her face, Ruko said nothing during all of this. She had a feeling that rude comment about lizards had been about her, but she had no proof. The fact that Leila had a restraining hand on her shoulder ever since the comment was made, hinted that she was right, though. Leila, for her part, was hanging back for now. Currently, she and Ruko were support. She didn't want to speak up until she was sure of things, otherwise she might make things actually more difficult. That's when Elise came down the stairs.

The Sickness - Page 2 SesshomarusKid

The way she walked suggested that she was trying very hard to not run. She loved games, but she also knew that her family seemed unhappy whenever she got really excited. She paused at the bottom of the stairs, looking at the new people, then to her mother and grandfather, waiting for them to say something, though she for some reason kept wanting to look at the two Dog Demons across from her. There was something about them...
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-24, 12:35 pm

Issac turned to his granddaughter. "Ah, now there's our little princess.." He went over to the half-demon, smiling gently at her as she came over. "Elsie, these are all guest of ours, just consider them part of the game.." Then he turned to the butler who handed him a strange gem made of green color, he held it to Elsie which seemed to glow, then went to where Sesshomaru and Kanzi, and the same glow appeared.

Issac nodded, satisfied before putting it away. "I can't say this surprises me, unfortunately." He said the last part looking at his daughter who seemed none to pleased. "Take Elsie up stairs for now." Sesshomaru and Kanzi had a hard time just sitting still when Elsie appeared, but held in place for now. The butler nodded and gently took the little girl back up stairs for now, Issac didn't want her over hearing anything she shouldn't right away.

"That proves Elsie is in fact yours." Issac said. "That being the case, what exactly is your intention, full custody?"

"Yes." Kanzi said flatly. "I bluntly speaking won't mind if you visit, but as far as Elsa is concerned, no I don't want her being around my granddaughter."

"How dare you.." Elsa seethed through gritted teeth.

"...." Issac seemed to be thinking, ignoring Elsa. "I suppose that much can be arranged. Legally, Elsie is in full custody of Elsa however, at the moment."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-24, 12:56 pm

The Sickness - Page 2 L

Here, Leila decided to speak up. "Correct, she's in Elsa's full custody at the moment. THose are key words there. I'll happily help in smoothing out and speeding up the process of putting her legally in the care of her father who, in all honesty, is a more of a fit parent than her mother is." Here, she turned a sickeningly sweet smile to Elsa. "Of course, I mean no offense to you, Elsa. Just stating facts. Anyway, I expect I can get the cooperation of the vampiric council in this matter if we state our case. We already have the support of many members of the Demon Council, including the Kyuubi. Even the Demon King gives her support. Of course, we don't want to force anything. I simply bring this up to show that we can get custody transferred to Sesshomaru without much effort once everyone agrees."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-24, 11:53 pm

Elsa didn't like this. They were going to take her daughter away from her and she simply was not going to have it. Elsie belonged to her and nobody was going to take her away that easily. She was a selfish and at times a very spiteful and vain individual, but she did care about her daughter in her own way. These people had no right to barge in like they did and demand things, at least in her mind.

After hearing all that, Issac was thinking again, before nodding once Leila finished. "I don't have any problems with that as long as I can still visit."

"Of course, we're not petty." Kanzi said. "But I can't speak for other people."

Elsa had to say something, though none too pleased. "Where, pray tell, would you have this custody battle? If you think I'm simply giving up my Elsie that easily, you can think again."

"On Neutral ground. I was thinking that both members of the Council of Blood and the Demon Council would attend, this would make things the most fair." Issac glanced at his daughter. "Do you have problems with this? Not that it matters; this has to be resolved one way or the other and I rather you get to leave with some dignity and honor of our clan."

Elsa frowned. "You are not my father Issac; I don't have reason to listen to you besides status."

"So middle ground it is." Issac didn't seem to pay that any attention as he turned to the others, more to the point Leila. "I know its too much to ask to get every member of the demon council there, but how long would it take you to gather them?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-25, 12:08 am

The Sickness - Page 2 L

Leila seemed to think about it, then nodded. "I'd say...about an hour. How many members of each council, since the Demon Council is larger? To be fair, it should be equal representation." Ruko simply stood in silence, watching things. SHe really didn't like this 'Elsa' woman, but so long as things were on the way to being solved, she saw no reason to speak up.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-25, 2:16 am

Elsa frowned a bit at this, but said nothing. Right now things weren't going the way she would have liked but that didn't mean she didn't have a chance to win. However, with how things were now it meant there were random factors that would get in the way and other things she couldn't control. She didn't like that at all.

"I was thinking four." Issac said. "If that's reasonable, then we'll meet within a hour at Circle Seven. That way it can be conducted in private without anyone that shouldn't butting in." The Circle Seven was usually used for meetings of the various Mage Guilds, but it was also used for things like these from time to time. "If you'll excuse me, I have to contact them."

About a hour later, both parties arrived. On the vampire side of things was Levante(or rather a shadow clone of him, few could tell the difference) Issa and two other lesser known vampires from the Council of Blood. As far as the Demon Council went, they were still arriving. Of course, Sesshomaru and his mother were there as were Issac and Elsa who while wasn't happy with things, hid it well. Ruko while not able to vote was there, as was Leila.

Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-25, 2:32 am

The Sickness - Page 2 L

Leila smirked as she noticed Issa grudgingly sitting near Levante, having no other choice, then watched as the Demon Council members arrived. First was Seigan and Houjo, both taking seat without speaking. Next was Iliara, who waved to her granddaughter, Leila. Finally, Akane, AKA the Kyuubi, and one of the most powerful and influential members of the council. Just as everyone prepared to proceed, the door swung open, and the last person anyone wanted to see came in. "What, you didn't think I wouldn't come to the party too, did you? I know I didn't get an invitation, but I assume it was lost on the way." The Demon Council members all stiffened, as did Leila, as Xavier stepped in taking a seat next to Akane, who visibly shuddered in disgust as the man winked at her. Issa's reaction on the other side of the room was far less subtle.

"I demand to know what that man is doing here!" This unusually emotional outburst of raw anger was punctuated with his fist slamming on the table, and for good reason. Xavier was perhaps one of the most evil creatures alive, and was protected by politics, of all things. Xavier simply grinned at Issa. Akane chose to speak up.

"Unfortunately, he overheard what was happening when I was informed. I thought I'd given him the slip, but apparently not. We will wait here until you are able to get another member of the Council of Blood here, to renew balance."

Last edited by Aviaris_Sevanthis on 2011-03-25, 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-25, 2:54 am

Levante and Issa were hardly friends and barely talked into each other unless they absolutely had too. But even then, seeing Xavier now after the things he said about Akasha burned the vampires blood. He didn't like Issa or even really respect him but with a few certain things they both agreed on; their mutual hatred for Xavier.

"That..thing is here?" Levante said with disdain, referring to Xavier.

Issac wasn't too happy either, he didn't know Xavier personally but he heard stories. "I concur. a custody battle isn't any place for his type. He'll cause more issues." By 'his type' he didn't mean his race, but rather personality. Xavier represented things he encountered in his long life. Things that couldn't be talked too or reasoned with, things that only understood power and nothing else. Violence was the only thing they understood.

They were called monsters.

"I promise, I'd love nothing more then to shut up Xavier permanently, but that's not the here or the now. For now we'll have to tolerate him." Kanzi said bluntly, putting a hand on her son and said lowly so only he could hear. "Don't let anything he says get to you." Sesshomaru knew that already, but as his mother she felt the need to have it repeated.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-25, 3:00 am

The Sickness - Page 2 L

Another member of the Council of Blood was contacted, and in short order, they arrived. Issa was too focused on Xavier to care that it was another person he didn't care for. "Venik Drego, at your service. Hear I've been called in to balance things, eh? Who's the unbalancer?" He glanced to the other side, and just immediately knew. His grin vanished, something that was a bit unnerving, only to be replaced by a dark look. "...I see." He took a seat, right between Levante and Issa. He had a feeling he'd need to be there, considering the mouth Xavier had on him.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-25, 3:19 am

Levante kept himself from thinking about Xavier too much, so he focused on his friend Venik once he came. "Seems me and you have the worse luck at the moment. Not much we can do about Xavier at the moment, not that it helps too much." He sent the message mentally, keeping the conversation silent.

Issac didn't like this, but sighed, deciding to get this over with so he could be out of Xavier's presence. He got up and went towards the 'center' of the room to take stage, state the case and then have it be decided what will be done with Elsie. "I have recently discovered that my step daughter's child, does from Sesshomaru. A secret she's kept from me for some time, for her own reasons. She intends to keep my granddaughter, Elsie purely in her custody. Lord Sesshomaru and Lady Kanzenabi have decided it would be in her best interest to have Elsie with them."

He let that that hang in the air. "That's why we are here today. So before we vote, we'll allow the people to state their case and after that vote. Not just a simple yes or no to either direction, but an explanation even if its a brief one. We'll start Sesshomaru, and then Elsa." He then went to go sit back down, it was Sesshomaru turn to be up first.

Sesshomaru stood up and went to the center of the room, his face didn't really give away anything on his mind or what he was thinking. "Thank for having me today, I won't waste time so I will simply get to the point. The woman, Elsa, even by her culture standards is an unfit mother." His tone was blunt.

"Consider this. Elsa, in her career, if you could call it that has never had to lift a finger for anything, the records of hers show this. She's simply living from the money she inherited from her parents, which while fortunate for her and more then enough to last for a while, what later? Eventually she'll have to work, and with no real work skills or much of anything else to fall back on, that would leave her with few options. Elsie would learn these habits from her mother; very bad habits. The real world doesn't work that way."

"I trust I don't have to tell you what any of that means for Elsie later on life." He said, then spoke more quietly. "There's a lot of things I can't promise, and there's a lot of things I don't know. I never had a child or as much looked after them. One thing I can promise though, is Elsie will be taken care of. Not just in the sense she'd be able to take care of herself when she's older, unlike with Elsa, but she'd be cared about. I'll leave the rest to you." And with that, he left and went back to his seat.

Elsa was annoyed by the time Sesshomaru finished, but didn't show it. She waited patiently before it was her turn as she called by Issac and went towards the center.

"Now that I Have your attention, I can put things into perspective." Elsa said matter-of-factly. "First, while I do not work but I see no need too and Elsie, being born into our family won't have a need for something like that either. What little Sesshomaru, fails to understand, is that while he might be able to take care of her, he can't raise her with the proper values."

"A vampires pride comes first." She said firmly. "My daughter is half and half, but that's all the more reason for me to drill this into her, so others will never be able to put her down. The world is harsh, yes, but that's why these values are so important. I need to teach her the strong survive and in turn teach her how to be strong, both physically and mentally. Everything I've done so far, even if it seems 'petty' or small has been answer to that fact."

"Further, I think Elsie is quite happy where she is." She said, glancing where Kanzi and Sesshomaru were, the woman was passive but gave off an air of "I'm going to strangle you once this is over regardless". This was ignored my Elsa. "I made my case. My methods may seem harsh or seem mean but that's how I have to teach her the values to survive in this world. Those skills aren't something that can be taught to Sesshomaru and his ilk. Thank for your time."

Elsa then left back to her seat, looking quite confident and comfortable at the moment.

Issac sighed mentally, and got up. "Case is in reccess at the moment, both parties will be given evidence to look over that helps support both 'case'. Once forty minutes are done, you'll come back and make a vote, and explain why you voted that way."

Forty minutes passed and everyone became to pile back in the main hall after leaving into the private room to talk and look things over. It was the moment of truth now.

Issac decided to get the ball rolling. "We'll start with the demon council."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-26, 3:13 am

The Sickness - Page 2 L

With a nod, Seigan was the first to stand. "I am generally against the idea of taking a child away from their mother, but I agree that Lady Elsa's parenting methods would, in the end, end badly for the child. The child would grow up feeling entitled. There is a difference between pride and arrogance, and it's safe to say that arrogance colors everything Lady Elsa says or does, even when speaking to her elders. She would surely spread this to her child. Lord Sesshomaru is known to be very dignified and proud, and would teach the child to have pride in who and what she is, while tempering that, teaching her to have respect for her elders, and making sure she was happy. As such, I cast my vote in favor of Lord Sesshomaru." He sat down, and there was a pause, before Houjo stood.

"For the same reasons, I also cast my vote in favor of Lord Sesshomaru." As he sat, Iliara stood.

"There really isn't much more to say that Seigan hasn't already said. I cast my vote in favor of Lord Sesshomaru." Next, Akane stood, her fox ears and tails twitching a bit.

"I think it's safe to say that I agree with Seigan's earlier sentiments. I also would like to comment that there are certain things that Lord Sesshomaru would be better equipped to handle in the raising of the child. Namely, the tendency for half-dog demons to fly into berserk rages at times. Lord Sesshomaru could calm her more easily, while Lady Elsa would have no choice but to harm the child to stop her. That, I can't agree with. I cast my vote in favor of Lord Sesshomaru." Akane sat down, and glanced warily at Xavier as he stood.

"This...is interesting. I'm torn, really. On one hand, I'd want to side with Sissy, as he's a demon. On the other, I'd want to side with the bitch because she has the right idea about turning the kid into a miniature version of her. Would be amusing to see the brat get herself killed while mouthing off to her betters. However, I think we are all missing the real issue here. One way or another, she's going to be seperated from one of her parents. That's gotta be hard on a kid. So, I have a simple solution. I vote in favor of just putting the little mutt down. She'll just suffer in this world, and besides, she's the half-breed mutt of a dog and a whore. Ergo, a waste of space. Kill her and be done with it." Before he could sit down, one of Akane's tails had stiffened, and speared through his chest where his heart would be. He stiffened, then gave Akane a bloody smile. "You know that doesn't work." The tail withdrew, and Xavier sat down, his chest healing immediately.

"Yes, but it's satisfying to pretend I've actually killed you. Ignoring Xavier's disgusting opinions, it's fairly obvious the outcome here. On a vote of 4 to 1, the Demon Council finds in favor of Lord Sesshomaru."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-26, 3:39 am

Sesshomaru wanted too badly kill Xavier more so then usual, he didn't directly threaten his daughter but even suggesting to put her down filled him with uncharacteristic anger. He hadn't as much had his daughter in his care yet and he was already very protective of her well being, partly because of just what he was. Kanzi wasn't happy either, but like Sesshomaru she hid it well, though she smirked at what Akane did, sending a silent thank you.

"Next, the vampire council." Issac did his best to ignore Xavier's comments, the man wasn't worth it/

One of the unknown and lesser known vampires stood. "I cast the vote for Lady Elsa. She knows the views we hold and what it would take to properly teach her. This is something only she can do. In addition, she is used to her mother so it wouldn't be fair to remove the child from her to the father." He sat down.

"I agree with my friend, my vote also goes to her."

Levante watched them, quirked an eyebrow, then answered. "This is where I differ where these two idiots. I don't have time to take apart all their points, but the short end of it, they don't know what their talking about. That said, I've known Sesshomaru for some time. He Can teach her about pride. Proper pride that is. I don't know many others that can the way he would and I say that sincerely, as I rarely make comments like this unless I mean it. My vote goes to Sesshomaru."

After he sat down, it was then just Issa and Venik left to vote..
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-26, 4:03 am

The Sickness - Page 2 L

Issa seemed to be thinking things over still, so Venik stood, crossing his arms. "Anyone who knows me, knows that I have no love for the way the so-called 'nobility' of vampires see themselves. It disgusts me, the way some will lord over others simply because of their blood status or political power. This belief that pride and blood are most important...it's bullshit. 'When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.' 'Before his downfall a man's heart is proud, but humility comes before honor.' Ever heard those lines? Cling to your pride while it lasts, but don't come cryin' to me when you fall, and nobody can be bothered to catch you. I'd also like to comment on something. One of the most powerful and well respected vampires any of us have ever known for the longest time, one of the few people who truly deserved to be called noble, the one who had every right to be proud...was perhaps the most humble, and she will be sorely missed." He glanced at Issa, and everyone knew Venik was referring to Issa's late wife, Akasha, and most agreed with him. Issa paused, and gave a small, appreciative nod. Venik then continued.

"Now that my little rant is over, I'll say that it's fairly obvious what my vote is." He glared at Elsa, which was enough reason for most people to be wary. Venik was unnaturally powerful. "You...I can tell that you do care for your kid. I can also tell that your attitude will only hurt her in the long wrong. If you truly love your daughter, you'll come to accept that she should be with her father. I cast my vote for Sesshomaru." He sat down then, everyone a bit surprised. Venik was usually rather blunt and rude. His comments this day were surprising. However, things now hinged on Issa's vote. It was two against two here, with him as the tie breaker. Issa sighed heavily, and stood.

"...Before I cast my vote, I have questions. Lady Elsa, I want to know why you hid the existance of your daughter from Lord Sesshomaru, and why you want her so badly. Lord Sesshomaru, I want to know why you want your daughter so badly. Once you have both answered, I shall cast my vote. Both of you, speak honestly, I will not be pleased if I am lied to."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-26, 4:26 am

Levante was impressed by what Venik said, but he knew his friend had his moments. He choose at the moment not to say anything and let things run his course. He wondered what Issa would say, but it would hinge on what Sesshomaru and Elsa said.

Elsa stood up, and decided to speak. "I hid her presence from Sesshomaru because if I didn't, then he and his family would influence her. Part of being an parent is keeping them away from bad influences. As for why I want her so badly, its because I care for her and want to ensure she's properly taken care of."

Sesshomaru was silent, then spoke once she was finished. "I want Elsie with me badly because I don't want to miss out of what she'll turn out like. I want to see her grow up, I want to be there once she's done some of her first things. I've already missed out a few years of her life already, I don't want to wonder years from now what could have been or how she'll turn out. In the end, however, as long she's taken care of happy I would be somewhat happy with that even if I wasn't there, that's my wish as a father."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-26, 4:42 am

The Sickness - Page 2 L

Issa closed his eyes, and seemed to be processing their answers. Venik smirked a bit, already knowing who Issa would choose. He may not like the man, but he knew him enough to know his mind a bit. After a long moment, Issa reopened his eyes. "Sesshomaru. I do not like you, just as I know you do not like me. Our opinions differ greatly in matters such as these, but I will never lie, and pretend that you are not a man to be respected. Elsa. You are the daughter of a proud clan, one that the Shuzen clan has been allied with since before even I was born. Your sense of pride is commendable, and befitting our race." He paused, nodded, then continued. "However, you are more than prideful, you are arrogant. You seem to refuse to accept the truth, even when it stares you in the face. You show nothing but contempt for your elders and betters, and despite your postion, despite the opportunities afforded to you, you are lazy. You are content to leech off of your family, and I cannot abide this. Pride and power are the most important things to our clans, but that does not mean you should forsake family and loyalty. Until proven otherwise, I consider you to be a disgrace to your clan, Elsa Isshan, and should you take over without proving to be deserving of my respect, then the link between out families will be severed. Furthermore, I will not have you corrupting that child with your vices, not when her father is more suited to teaching her proper pride. I cast my vote in favor of Lord Sesshomaru."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-26, 5:36 pm

Elsa was feeling confident at first as Issa began his speech. It seemed like things were in the bag for her, or at least leaning towards her favor.

"Elsa. You are the daughter of a proud clan, one that the Shuzen clan has been allied with since before even I was born. Your sense of pride is commendable, and befitting our race."

She was happy to hear that, that's why the last part of the speech stunned her.

"However, you are more than prideful, you are arrogant. You seem to refuse to accept the truth, even when it stares you in the face. You show nothing but contempt for your elders and betters, and despite your postion, despite the opportunities afforded to you, you are lazy. You are content to leech off of your family, and I cannot abide this. Pride and power are the most important things to our clans, but that does not mean you should forsake family and loyalty. Until proven otherwise, I consider you to be a disgrace to your clan, Elsa Isshan, and should you take over without proving to be deserving of my respect, then the link between out families will be severed. Furthermore, I will not have you corrupting that child with your vices, not when her father is more suited to teaching her proper pride. I cast my vote in favor of Lord Sesshomaru."

Elsa for once was stunned. She couldn't believe Issa of all people had voted against her, and more then that he was taking apart some of her ideals. Ideals her mother had installed into her that she had held close were being taken apart by one of the few people she respected and admired.

But..why?

The vampire didn't understand, she was confused and lost at the moment, the words and losing her child sending her thoughts and emotions in haywire. Elsa felt defeated for once, and an almost foriegn and rarely felt emotion was coming from her, hurt.

She opened her mouth to say something, then closed it, keeping quite. She then excused herself saying she needed to go the bathroom and very quickly left the room.

Issac watched silently before deciding it was time. "It's been decided. Elsie will be in the care of Lord Sesshomaru, and be legally transferred to his home and care. I thank you all for taking a moment from your schedule and as for now, consider this case more or less closed."

Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty2011-03-26, 6:04 pm

The Sickness - Page 2 L

At Issac's words, a slow, mocking clap started. Xavier was sitting in his seat, looking amused. "Bravo, bravo. I'm touched. The great, proud Issa Shuzen, doing something so noble. I'm impressed. Your late wife must be proud. You know, I visited her grave shortly after her death. Was nice, really, showed you really loved her." Everyone was tense, not wanting to know what Xavier was going to say next. Venik narrowed his eyes. "Was just what I was looking for, really. I had to piss really bad, and it seemed like just the perfect place. I hope you don't mind." Shadows rose up and wrapped around Issa, who was rigid in his seat. Venik had summoned the shadows to keep Issa restrained, knowing things would get nasty quickly if Issa attacked. Unfortunately, Xavier wasn't done, the demon shrugged off the murderous glares he was receiving.

"It was unfortunate, her death. I'd always wanted a chance at pounding her ass raw, but she died before I got the chance. Then again, I may still get the chance to know what it's like to have made Akasha scream, at least. After all, Moka is the spitting image of her mother..." There was a loud crash as Issa nearly broke through the tables to reach Xavier, pure rage on his face as Venik's shadows strained to hold the man. Venik had actually done the same to Levante as a precaution, and had both men in strong headlocks. Issa didn't care.

"YOU WILL KEEP YOUR FILTHY HANDS AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER!" The rage Issa felt right then overwrote every 'dignified' mannerism he had. He could remain calm and collected no matter how angry he was, usually, but when it came to those he truly loved, even he could not hide behind an aloof mask. Xavier was laughing, ignoring the outraged yelling of those around him, too amused to say anything else. Nobody seemed to notice Leila shaking, head bowed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sickness   The Sickness - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sickness
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: Japan-
Jump to: