The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-09-24, 2:23 am

Katherine blinked again. "Ah, um... yes. This is the woods behind our estate." She shifted her feet again. "Um... if you want, we can stop by the garden pond on our way in. Mother says it's the prettiest in the city..."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-09-24, 4:26 pm

Because of course they have a garden pond - with this much property, why wouldn't they? Katherine's family was probably quite rich... and she was trespassing.
bemusement, worry
"Ah... do you think it'd be alright? I did kinda jump the fence to get in."

'It might be better for you to just show me the door.'
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-09-24, 4:56 pm

Katherine's brow furrowed for a moment. "...No, it's fine. You jumped the fence because you were desperate, not because you wanted to trespass. And..." Here, she blushed. "It'd be nice to talk to someone my own age for once. I don't... really have any friends, so I'd prefer to enjoy your company while I can."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-09-25, 9:00 pm

Somehow, Momo suspected Katherine's family would have other ideas. But either way, her toes were already in the water, so--
????
--why not dive in?

"Very well, lead the way ojou-sama~"
playfulness, curiosity, acceptance
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-09-25, 9:05 pm

Katherine blushed at Momo's words, but smiled. "Okay..." As they walked, Katherine decided to learn a bit about her new... friend? "Um... what is it like? Being a famous singer, I mean. Ah... and aside from being chased sometimes..."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-09-25, 9:22 pm

Momo hummed, considering, "...tiring, but fun, I guess?" She parroted her producer: 'Do this, do that, hurry here, hurry there, time to practice singing, now time to practice this, that, and every other instrument. Done? Great, time to practice dancing!' They keep me really busy, but... when it all comes together and I'm up on stage singing to the world? It's like, I don't know... All of that hard work finally pays off and gives you something back and you end up happy despite all the grumbling you did along the way." And maybe that wouldn't be a problem, if her fans would just give her a moment's peace... Ah, but then, it was that same cheater's power that enabled her success, wasn't it?
frustration, satisfaction, doubt, shame
But dwelling never changed anything, and it'd be rude to her host to get lost in her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-09-25, 9:30 pm

Katherine's brow furrowed as she listened, though this was more due to what she was sensing. "I see... I think I heard you sing once. I'm not sure, but your voice is familiar to me, and I just have this feeling that you have a really pretty voice." She smiled lightly. "I enjoy singing as well... and playing the piano and violin. I don't think I'm very talented with any of it though. When I was little, I think I told my parents I wanted to be a singer, but they didn't seem to think that was a good idea."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-09-25, 9:47 pm

"Sometimes, you just have to 'go for it,' even if you're not sure you can do it. Especially if that's because of someone else." Momo intoned, feeling something like a fortune cookie. "I mean, maybe you can't make it, but you'll never know unless you try, right? Don't get me wrong, it still takes a lot of work and practice - even if you do have a talent for it - to catch the ear of someone who'll promote you," - for most people - "but if you want to try it, you should try it. I bet you could have a beautiful voice if you worked on it, though... because you're already so old, your range'll be a bit lower. I'd know!"
embarrassment, shame, confidence
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-09-25, 10:15 pm

Katherine's blush deepened, and she shifted a bit. "I... I don't know about all that... but.. thank you. I think I've already missed my chance to try and do anything though. Things are already kind of... set, for me, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-09-25, 10:19 pm

"'Set'? Are you on your way to a college or something? You can't be much older than I am, and I lucked into my career."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-09-25, 10:25 pm

Katherine blinked a bit. "College? No... I'm only sixteen, and Father said it would be a waste of money anyway, since I wouldn't be able to get a suitable career anyway." She sighed softly. "I'm actually getting married..."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-11-06, 12:26 am

Momo frowned, not in the slightest pleased by this knowledge. The Hale family was shaping up to be quite something, it seemed. "It might not be my place but... You have the right to refuse such a thing, you know. He can't take that from you. If you want to just leave this house and pursue whatever strikes your interest... Well, it wouldn't be easy, but once you come of age there's nothing your family could do to stop you. --- The time where 'your future is set from birth' ended ages ago."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-11-06, 1:55 am

"But..." Katherine frowned a bit, seeming confused. "Father said that due to my blindness, I was limited in what I could do, so he planned things out for me so I could have a good future... even if it is a bit scary..."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2017-11-12, 2:23 pm

"...If that future is still scary, how is it any different?" Momo questioned, "Although your blindness might make the future seem scary, that doesn't mean you can't find it yourself."

She stopped walking.
[Worry.]

"I can't accept the sort of philosophy that says, 'I can't do it anyway, I might as well save the trouble.'" [Recognition. Regret.] "No one ever accomplishes anything that way. You'll just end up in a room by yourself with the lights off, staring into the distance as you try to convince yourself you're not alone..."
[FrustrationSorrow.]

She took a steadying breath, and continued, the entirety of her being shaking with a solemn intensity. "There are a lot of people out there, you know? A lot of them will say, 'What can you even do?' But I would bet my career there are even more who'd say, 'You can do it!' and hold out their hands to help. If you never explore, how will you meet them? If you never try, how will you succeed? Miracles like today, where someone just stumbles along... They're called miracles for a reason. If you trust your father than... I don't have any right to tell you not to. I don't want to pressure you, and it's kind of arrogant for me to ask you do a favor for the sake of someone you've only just met, but... For your own sake, please, give it some thought okay?"
[Hope.Despair.Hope.Des-]
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2018-04-30, 11:23 am

Kathy was silent for a long moment, reeling from a mix of what Momo was saying, and the feelings she felt coming from her. Eventually, she bit her lip and reached out hesitantly, taking Momo's hand. "Could... could you show me? I want to... I want to know what it's like out there... I want to have friends, I want to have fun... I want to make my parents proud, but I... I don't want to get married to someone I don't love, or even know..." Her eyes were watering, and she was starting to tremble a bit. "I know we just met, but... but I feel I can trust you... that you're kind... so... so please, help me.... I... I hate my life as it is now... I don't see a purpose to it..."

Kathy's eyes widened as she said that. She hadn't intended to say that. She'd never really thought about that before, but... but it felt right. Saying it made her realize that that was indeed how she felt, and that just made her heart sink. "...I... ha... I guess I'm a disappointment even to myself...."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2018-05-02, 12:02 pm

Momo froze for a moment, put on the spot. But, then... 'Let nobody say Kisaragi Momo is afraid to put her money where her mouth is!' "Alright." She offered Katherine her hand, "Wanna go outside? I don't know how I could fix your family, but... If you fight for it, and you don't give up, the rest will follow, so... Shall I show you what you'd be fighting for?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2018-06-20, 11:39 pm

Katherine blushed a bit, even as she smiled softly. She gently clasped the offered hand, nodding. "Yes, please... I don't... I don't want this to be the only life I know..." There was something strange, nagging at the back of her head. She didn't know what was going on. It was like something was trying to tell her something, but she couldn't tell what. She also wasn't sure why every bone in her body seemed to be screaming at her to hug the girl in front of her and never let go. To hold onto her and... keep her safe.
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2018-07-03, 5:54 pm

"Then let's go!" Momo enthused, taking her hand and - after a split second's decision - leading the way back to the fence where she'd dropped in earlier. Katherine probably couldn't vault it quite the same way she could, but it didn't seem like there was any security there so hopefully she'd be able to find a way to get out without being noticed.

It'd be a total Mission Fail if her parents showed up and browbeat Katherine out of the attempt, or her off the property, after all. Of course, she wasn't so naive to think she'd be invited back after a stunt like this, so she'd only get one chance either way.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2018-07-03, 6:12 pm

Kathy could only smile as Momo led her along, though her brow furrowed as she noticed they were returning to the fence. "...Wait, we're going over the fence?" That was so strange to her, yet at the same time, it struck her as a wonderful idea! She wouldn't have to worry about her parents stopping them... though she was worried about how they would react... yet, doing this seemed... more important somehow.
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2018-07-03, 6:48 pm

"Mhm," Momo affirmed, searching for a good point to help Katherine scale it. "I don't think your parents would actually let us go out. I'm pretty sure they'll just throw me out, even. I am trespassing, after all." Her eyes sighted a tree near the wall with some low branches. "Here we go..." She declares, leading Kathy to it.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2018-07-03, 7:00 pm

Kathy looked at the tree, nodding a bit. "That makes sense... um... I'm not great at climbing I think, but I'll do my best!" She was getting more excited now, eager to get out of the area and spend time in the outside world with Momo.
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2018-07-08, 3:44 pm

"Should I catch you, or help you up?" Momo mused, half to herself.

Last edited by Aeir / Number III on 2018-09-22, 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2018-07-08, 4:54 pm

Kathy seemed to assessing the tree, focusing on her perception of it, before moving to start climbing. Of course, what was strange, was that she seemed to be using invisible footholds to do this, as if climbing a ladder. Before long, she was up in the tree relatively quickly, albeit breathing a good bit harder. "...Hey, I actually did it!"
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2018-10-07, 11:27 pm

Momo blinked, before grinning and giving the girl a thumbs up... before sheepishly returning her hand to her side as she realized Katherine couldn't see it. "Nice job! See? Who would've guessed you'd have such an easy time doing something like that? You went and proved me wrong, at least... Just gimme a moment..."

| surprise, joy, pride

And then she took several paces backward before sprinting toward and vaulting up onto the fence. Shuffling along it until she was near Katherine's branch, she held out her hand. "Alright, so... um carefully get closer until you can feel my hand. I'll guide you onto the fence."

| uncertainty, caution

It was starting to dawn on her how insanely reckless this was, but then Katherine didn't have any trouble with the tree, right? But she couldn't back out now. She'd just have to make sure Katherine didn't miss...

| determination, focus

Firming up, Momo willed herself to be noticeable to Katherine. Or however her power actually worked. It couldn't hurt, right?
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty2020-05-11, 7:47 pm

Kathy was silent for a moment, a bit nervous, but focused on Momo with her senses. Carefully, she reached out, taking the other girls hand, letting Momo guide her onto the fence. She could 'see' it, yes, but she was still concerned about losing her footing. Best to let Momo lead the way. Once she was on the fence, she actually giggled a bit. "This... this is so... exciting!" She was a bit flushed, clearly having the time of her life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible] - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next